The Old Fogie Thread

muhabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By muhabba

Remember when they killed Robin, the first time? How 'bout when The Avengers & The X-Men fought, before? Do you remember when Spidy & MJ were dating & you didn't know if they'd get married or not & then they did before they didn't. Or how about when DC rebooted their universe to shuck off theire overly complex history, before they did it again twice. Then this is the thread for you. So who here thinks The Big 2 are just rehashing old stories from 20 & 30 years ago? And how great were those stories?

impossibilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By impossibilly

I remember all those things! I think the current Avengers vs. X-Men was better than the Avengers vs. X-Men from the 1980s. But Fantastic Four vs. X-Men? That was better than either Avengers vs. X-Men series.

muhabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By muhabba

I agree, the first Avengers vs X-Men crossover was kinda ''meh" and I loved the FF vs. X-Men. I originally started reading X-Men during the Mutant Massicure so when I started trying to find back issues (back in those days it was digging in the trash bin behind the gas station selling the comics) FF vs X-Men were the first ones I found. Well, the last two issues anyway.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4  Edited By Timandm

I remember buying She-Hulk 1  when it first hit the stands and thinking, "Should I keep this extra safe since it might be valuable some day?"
I remember Franklin Richard's as a Todler.
I read The New Mutants when they were first NEW...
From the late 70s on I remember it quite well...

muhabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By muhabba

I started reading in the mid 80's but the town I was in just kept all the old ones on the shelves or out back in bins so I was always able to find old back issues. I remember the Mutant Massacre, Crisis, Kraven's Last Hunt and around then. I remember being confused about Superman when I started reading post-Crisis Superman and then reading the old pre-Crisis issues. And I remember Stan Lee officiating at the wedding of Spider-Man and Mary Jane at Shea Stadium.