The Official "New 52 Futures End" Discussion

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

The title pretty much says it all. With this being a weekly series, there's going to be a lot going on at a very quick pace. If I pick up Batman Eternal I may start an identical thread, or someone could just make one anyways...

WARNING! There will be spoilers in this discussion!! (duh) So if you're not caught up, or haven't read the latest issue, DO NOT continue reading!

So to kick things off -

I loved Grifters scene in the first issue where he was going on an alien killing spree. I'm not too familiar with his character, but if he keeps this up I may have to go back and check out his (now cancelled) ongoing. Can't wait to see more of him!

I REALLY want to know more about the war of the multiverse, really hope it doesn't disappoint!

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I was excited for it and got 0 and #1 but today I saw that this will be going on for 11 months. Made me Kinda lose interest

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

I'm curious as to what's going to happen to Firestorm. We see in the future that Brother Eye is using Firestorm as some kind of battery, as we saw Batman's resistance trying to disable it in the zero issue. In issue one we see Green Arrow is dead, and Firestorm believes that he is to blame. The solicitations for issue 11 makes mention of Firestorm being held responsible for Green Arrow's by the Justice League.

I have a feeling that it's going to be revealed that Brother Eye had something to do with Green Arrow's death, somehow using Ollie's death to lead Firestorm down a path that will ultimately lead to him becoming the human battery we saw in issue zero.

I also have a feeling that this Multiverse War that keeps being mentioned will be between Earth-Prime and Earth 2.

I was excited for it and got 0 and #1 but today I saw that this will be going on for 11 months. Made me Kinda lose interest

Why is that? The entire series is suppose to run for 48 issues, one issue per week for the next 11 months. Most comics don't even make it to 30 issues, where as this one will run to almost 50. Why does that make you lose interest?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Have not read it yet. Have it on my pull list so I'll pick it up soon.

Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Issue 2 was pretty good. My only real complaint is Roy Harper. I know many don't like his New 52 counterpart, but I like it much more than him pre-52. Although I understand that this is the future and obviously a lot has happened in five years, I want to know why he got rid of the trucker hats, the smart ass comments, tattoos and cut his hair. Is he still hanging with Red Hood and dating Starfire? Or did the trio split?

I HATE his costume in here. It looks like something Rob Liefeld would have done in the mid nineties.

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By VanderSEXXX

I'm curious as to what's going to happen to Firestorm. We see in the future that Brother Eye is using Firestorm as some kind of battery, as we saw Batman's resistance trying to disable it in the zero issue. In issue one we see Green Arrow is dead, and Firestorm believes that he is to blame. The solicitations for issue 11 makes mention of Firestorm being held responsible for Green Arrow's by the Justice League.

I have a feeling that it's going to be revealed that Brother Eye had something to do with Green Arrow's death, somehow using Ollie's death to lead Firestorm down a path that will ultimately lead to him becoming the human battery we saw in issue zero.

I also have a feeling that this Multiverse War that keeps being mentioned will be between Earth-Prime and Earth 2.

Well you pretty much said my thoughts on what I've read so far. Can someone shed some light thought about Mr. Terrific? Cause I didn't quite get his cocky attitude when he was speaking to Aquaman and I havent read much about him since the last major story I read that involved him somehow was Infinite Crisis.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Like what they are doing with Mr. Terrific, don't like what they are doing with Ronnie

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Green Arrow tribute was awesome in issue 2

Really looking forward to seeing more of Batman Beyond, he is on of the selling points for me on this book

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer said:

Well you pretty much said my thoughts on what I've read so far. Can someone shed some light thought about Mr. Terrific? Cause I didn't quite get his cocky attitude when he was speaking to Aquaman and I havent read much about him since the last major story I read that involved him somehow was Infinite Crisis.

Yeah, I'm don't know much about Mister Terrific other than he's one of the smartest men in the DCU. I don't know much about his character, so I'm not sure what his personality was before the New 52 reboot, but something apparently happened to him that's caused him to believe he's above needing anyone's help, even the Justice League.

Honestly, he came off as a big jerk and sounded more like an arrogant villain. Even the comment he made to Aquaman about how dumb it was for all of the heroes to be in one place just sounded...silly. If he were really as a smart and heroic as he claims to be, he would realize that having an army of heroes like the Justice League would be much more helpful than working alone, which is how he appears to operate. Not to mention that if he were so smart, he would be able to figure out how to have an assembly of heroes in public, but still be able to protect them all from any threat that might arise.

From what I've gathered, if Mister Terrific is the one who creates/created Brother Eye, then I'm not surprised it wants to take over the world.

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vandersexxx said:

@war_killer said:

Yeah, I'm don't know much about Mister Terrific other than he's one of the smartest men in the DCU. I don't know much about his character, so I'm not sure what his personality was before the New 52 reboot, but something apparently happened to him that's caused him to believe he's above needing anyone's help, even the Justice League.

Honestly, he came off as a big jerk and sounded more like an arrogant villain. Even the comment he made to Aquaman about how dumb it was for all of the heroes to be in one place just sounded...silly. If he were really as a smart and heroic as he claims to be, he would realize that having an army of heroes like the Justice League would be much more helpful than working alone, which is how he appears to operate. Not to mention that if he were so smart, he would be able to figure out how to have an assembly of heroes in public, but still be able to protect them all from any threat that might arise.

From what I've gathered, if Mister Terrific is the one who creates/created Brother Eye, then I'm not surprised it wants to take over the world.

It seems like it cause from what I gather in Batman Beyond's scenes where Mr. Terrific's name is all over the place, It's like its almost being set up he will be a big player here. Also does anyone know who the "Tony Stark" looking bartender was also? I meant the guy who just slammed the heroes when a bar patron was commenting on the TV. Thanks for the effort.

Also why is Superman wearing a mask now? lol

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

@vandersexxx: Well in issue zero Batman Beyond states that both Bruce Wayne and Mister Terrific created Brother Eye. Bruce from Terry's future also stated that Terry's mission is apparently to "kill a man," and I believe the person Terry has to kill is Mister Terrific. But I'm curious if Terry's mission is to actually kill someone, because as we know "Batman doesn't kill." We know future Bruce is obviously different than the current one, but I still can't see Bruce ever allowing the killing of someone, not matter how horrible the future may become.

I'm also curious as to who the guy in the bar is as well. I thought it was Tim Drake at first, seeing as he'll be playing a role in future issues, but I believe Tim was at GA's funeral so it can't be him.

I think the reason why is because that's not the same Superman. It's been mentioned in future issues that the Superman we saw at the funeral may not be Clark Kent, but someone else instead.

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: Interesting, yeah Bruce did state to McGuinness not to contact him or Clark since they will likely attempt to stop as this time future Bruce realized the only way to save the future is by killing somebody. Hoping more light be shed next week. Sux I'm growing impatient these days. lol

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vandersexxx: Yeah, even though I find the whole bit about not contacting Superman or Batman to be a bit...silly. I mean we are talking about two of the world's greatest heroes here, if Terry actually went to them and explained what's going to happen in the future, they would find a way to stop Brother Eye and change the future without having to kill anyone. Doing the impossible and finding "another way" is kinda their thing after all. :P

Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BUMP!!!

I'm reading issue 3 right now. I hope it's good!

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

@transformers1024: What did you think of it and what do you think of King Faraday's new look ?

Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

About to re-read last weeks issue and then onto today's!

Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Transformers1024

I've been loving this series so far. Hoping to see more of Grifter in the future, because he has the potential now to become one of my new favorite DC characters!

Firestorm is a total a-hole. Can't stand him.

I'm confused about Mr. Terrific. I thought he accidentally teleported Earth 2 towards the beginning of the series and lived there.

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OK guys who among you guys already read issue 7? Is it just me or McGuiness kinda is still in-experienced in covering his tracks since he totally blew his cover by bringing around that futuristic cyborg version of Plastique? OOOOO and that Deathstroke and Grifter team-up oughta be interesting.

Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vandersexxx: I just read it and loved it! You're not the only one who thought that though, after reading it I wondered exactley how long was he working with Bruce. I do however want to see Terry and 'Tim Drake' team up. I feel like there's a lot of potentional if they teamed up!

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vandersexxx: Well in issue zero Batman Beyond states that both Bruce Wayne and Mister Terrific created Brother Eye. Bruce from Terry's future also stated that Terry's mission is apparently to "kill a man," and I believe the person Terry has to kill is Mister Terrific. But I'm curious if Terry's mission is to actually kill someone, because as we know "Batman doesn't kill." We know future Bruce is obviously different than the current one, but I still can't see Bruce ever allowing the killing of someone, not matter how horrible the future may become.

I'm also curious as to who the guy in the bar is as well. I thought it was Tim Drake at first, seeing as he'll be playing a role in future issues, but I believe Tim was at GA's funeral so it can't be him.

I think the reason why is because that's not the same Superman. It's been mentioned in future issues that the Superman we saw at the funeral may not be Clark Kent, but someone else instead.

Umm the guy at the bar was Tim Drake. He's going by a different name since everyone thinks Red Robin is dead.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: Dang never mind. I just saw that you posted that two months ago. My bad.

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

We can finally understand why ronnie is such a d-bag. i loved the issue. Cant wait for more slide but cmon terry don't leave robo-plastique like that.

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrtummytumms: I know now. At that time I was still doubting my assumptions that it was him. But the next issue after that confirmed it when Lois Lane came in.

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OK guys whoever read issue 8 I really wanna know why or who is this Superman wearing a mask. Is there a reference issue where he began wearing this just so it can be clear as to why supes looks like this now?

Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I may drop this series...

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I may drop this series...

DAYUUMMMM!!! why? too long? hehe

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Can't wait for things to get going. Just read all 10 issues over the past couple of days, and it's been a lot of set up.

I really enjoy the SHADE side of things. Frankenstein, Ray Palmer, Amethyst, and Hawkman are such a weird, but awesome group. I like the stuff on Cadmus Island as well, can't wait to see what Deathstroke and Grifter get up to.

Like everyone, I'm curious about who the masked Superman is. If not the pretty obvious choice of Val Zod, I'm placing my bets on a Shazam-ed out Lex Luthor. But I'm also wondering who that one black guy with the American flag cape is.

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_tree said:

Can't wait for things to get going. Just read all 10 issues over the past couple of days, and it's been a lot of set up.

I really enjoy the SHADE side of things. Frankenstein, Ray Palmer, Amethyst, and Hawkman are such a weird, but awesome group. I like the stuff on Cadmus Island as well, can't wait to see what Deathstroke and Grifter get up to.

Like everyone, I'm curious about who the masked Superman is. If not the pretty obvious choice of Val Zod, I'm placing my bets on a Shazam-ed out Lex Luthor. But I'm also wondering who that one black guy with the American flag cape is.

I thought that guy was Val Zod from Earth 2 .

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_tree: That is true but I think we might either in Worlds Ends or the Future's End Month one shots.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowswordmaster: Yeah, definitely. There are sooo many questions right now-- Who's Flag-Guy, what is that red robot thing that killed those Asian guys, who's Superman, what killed Stormwatch, why did Earth-Prime go to war with Earth-2? And the list goes on.

I can't wait for the Batman, Booster Gold, Red Lanterns, and Green Arrow tie-ins.

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_tree: @the_tree: Yeah many questions that they just throw at you.

Yeah some of those tie-ins are really interesting like the Swamp Thing one for instance.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowswordmaster: Yeah. I'm interested in the ones I'm interested because: Bat-clones. Emiko as Green Arrow. Blue Lantern Guy Gardner. And Booster Gold (I can never have enough Booster).

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_tree: You can ever have enough Booster Gold.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By the_tree

@shadowswordmaster: Exactly, and you can't have a time-travel based event without Booster. Especially not when he's fighting Tiger-people.

No Caption Provided

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

The story is building itself up slowly and I am getting pretty impatient. I mean I am not tired of the book or something like that but I want something definitely big to happen. There are some parts of the issues that I find rather boring like the Grifter ones but when things are around Tim,Terry,Mr. Terrific and all of the characters that are tied up to them and also Firestorm things are more than just interesting.

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_tree: Yeah that is going to be really interesting to read.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By the_tree

My interest in this red killing machine grows by the day. That mystery is killing me.

At first I thought it might be related to Brainiac, because it was at that temple with the three circles in a triangle formation, but right now I think it's related to Shade, the Changing Man's homeworld of Meta.

Current crazy guesses:

• Masked Superman is Lex Luthor with Shazam powers.
  • Fifty Sue is Darkseid's daughter.
  • The red killing machine is related to Meta, not Brainiac.
VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

The story is building itself up slowly and I am getting pretty impatient. I mean I am not tired of the book or something like that but I want something definitely big to happen. There are some parts of the issues that I find rather boring like the Grifter ones but when things are around Tim,Terry,Mr. Terrific and all of the characters that are tied up to them and also Firestorm things are more than just interesting.

Same here, I was hoping to see more of the developments with Mr. Terrific and Terry after seeing this.

The whole setup starting here got me intrigued again.

jsd1710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The guy with the American flag for a cape is called Stormguard I guess, but there's no history on him anywhere that I've seen... my money is on him being Val Zod (Earth 2), and the masked Superman is Thomas Wayne (Earth 2) because he wasn't present in Cadmus Island's prison and his Miraclo would explain his powers since I haven't seen actual flight or heat vision or anything thus far. The redish purple robot might be a Brainiac Collector since he said he sent those in before he comes to conquer planets in the Brainiac Villain's Month title.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, so the Justice League are "Earth's most powerful defenders" yet Green Arrow was a member? ...Sure.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43  Edited By Mrnoital
the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By VanderSEXXX

Guys!!! Did anyone else notice the future timeline inconsistency here? Cause we remember that supposedly 35 years in the new 52 timeline according to The New 52: Futures End #0 where we see Barry making a last stand together with Leonard.

No Caption Provided

Yet this future timeline in this current Flash series supposedly 12 years later shows Leonard already in his deathbed.

No Caption Provided

Isn't it supposed to be the same universe? so did Leonard actually recover from his ailment there being able to fight again 23 years later? Cause if not then this is very inconsistent is it not?

trebean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm gonna guess whatever Future Flash will do in the present has changed his future, the Future Flash's timeline is basically the unaltered one.

Just think Chrono Trigger

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trebean: Oh man I think my head is gna go nuts just trying to piece this continuity together. Ahhh damn that game was beautiful back in the day.

Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump!!