The Official "Hi, I'm new" and "Goodbye" Thread

hunkadunkasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hello! I'm Mark. I'm 31 and just started reading comic books.

Well, no. That's not entirely true. I've dabbled in the past and was pretty big into manga and anthropomorphics back in high school but I never really held much interest in superhero type comics and such until recently. It turns out it's a good time for it as a bunch of new stories started recently, so I picked up a few interesting things on the shelf relevant to my interests (primarly Bat-stuff).

So far I'm pretty impressed with what I've grabbed. I've always been a sucker for school-age superheroes so I'm digging the early parts of the new Batgirl and Gotham Academy is really fun so far.

I'm really excited to be a part of Comic Vine now and hope to learn all about the world of comics with you seasoned masses.

sankar2389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for mikolaj_ostapiuk
Mikolaj_Ostapiuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey all!
I'd like to introduce myself as new board member. My name is Mikolaj Ostapiuk, I'm from Poland and I am amateur artist standing behind artwork of Dire Destiny webcomic (www.diredestiny.com), which I draw in co-op with my friend and scriptwriter Robert Kendzie (VA, USA).

greetings to all geeks & fans :)

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

@zero_edge: Hello, brand new to forum and recently joined the site but I've visited it many times over the years and loved the info and how accurate it is.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

Avatar image for cyclops_of_the_x_men
Cyclops_Of_The_X_Men

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey everyone, my name is Skyler and I'm a 18 year old guy. I'm returning to the world of comics after taking a break, which I've finally come to realize was the worst mistake I've ever made, haha. My favorite characters are Emma Frost, Cyclops, and the X-Men. I heard that Marvel is doing a soft reboot of some sort without changing the history after Secret Wars, so I found this to be the perfect time to get back into the X-Men. There's a lot of cool discussions going on at this site, so I thought I'd join in.

Raedin401

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Ay what's going on everyone, I really enjoy reading comics and violent ones always get me excited. I've read stuff like Faust, Caligula, Stitched, Uber, Absolution, Crossed, Luther Strode, Invincible, The Boys, Ferals, Punisher MAX & Black Summer. I'm always looking for recommendations so if you got any definitely shoot them my way :)

Avatar image for ultimateinferno
UltimateInferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's up people I love reading comics and i'm not that new I just discovered this thread lol. I googled battles between people in comics, manga etc. a LONG time ago (like, 3 or 4 months ago) and found Comic Vine. I recently made an account and I've been hooked for a long time. I am also GOKU FANBOY xDD

Moufino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Whats good peoples, name's Gabe :D

I used to be into comics, mostly Archie and Manga, but nothing too superhero-ish.

The Marvel films really made me love superheroes, but the thing that really made me start reading comics was the Dark Knight films. After i saw those, i couldn't get enough of superhero stories, and had to know more! So i found myself deep in Wikis and eventually here at Comic Vine!

Comic Vine has been a huge help with gathering reading material, so i figured why not join the site?

I'm so glad to be a part of this community! :D

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HELLLLOOOOOO!! Lol :p

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nigeltay3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8314  Edited By nigeltay3
mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nigeltay3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nigeltay3: I don't think your friend is telling the whole story. If he's had multiple banned accounts then there's more to it, otherwise the mods don't ban you just like that for no reason.

nigeltay3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh: idk. anyway, he's gone now, for better or for worse.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nigeltay3 said:

@mysticmedivh: WWH VS Goku

I knew it... i even called it in the CAV thread this guy was an alt of someone.

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@nigeltay3: Did he read the pinned threads at the top of the forums where they explain that some new accounts get banned because of a bug? Why didn't he try contacting a moderator first?

SpawnPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey guys nice to meet you all! I read comics avidly but don't really post on forums or anything and discuss them online so figured give it a shot.

Uhh I prefer DC over Marvel, but my favourite comic book character (Deadpool) is clearly Marvel, so there's that. I just really don't like anything else Marvel too much. I loved Spawn growing up but just recently got into his comics and so far it's great, just waiting till issue #100 to see what all the complaining is about.

All my rambling aside its good to be a member here and I look forward to my stay!

nigeltay3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

llNIGHTWINGll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi im new can you guys check out my crappy website and leave me ideas

citizenck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My name is Chris. I'm a long time reader, new forum member because . . . well, typing is tiring. I've read comics since long before there was an internet and think Pete Milligan and I are both criminally underrated. I just co-created my first indie-comic BEHEMOTH which is published by MonkeyBrain comics.I don't think there's anything more to me.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well guys...I got to go!

I had fun here but things have come up so... I will be around but not too often...

Bye guys!

Raphi-El

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Herro.

Name's Raphael, been reading comics for years, although not regularly for most of the time (CBMs are slightly more my forte). Want to change that although the sheer amount of stuff is pretty daunting. Not gonna lie I do prefer DC to Marvel, but I'm far from a "fanboy" and Spider-Man is probably my favourite superhero so yeah.

See you guys around.

Qake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uh, hello. I'm River.

I'm new, and found CV from googling comic related things

Hope the community turns out to be great.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, it took me two years after signing up for this site to actually come around to this thread.

Hi.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#8331 JediXMan  Moderator
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#8332  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@retconcrisis:

And hello... not-newbie... *shrug*

Well guys...I got to go!

I had fun here but things have come up so... I will be around but not too often...

Bye guys!

Have a good one, man. Hope to see you around.

HolyMistress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello!

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...is it me you're looking for?

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi if anyone reads this, I'm just here to say that I'll be on way less... I'm not leaving yet.. just won't be on some days or as much, or posting and whatnot. If your my cv "friend" and it says I'm online, it's cause I keep myself logged in...

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

Yomiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi, I'm new! I'm a little weird.

KittyParker13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey I'm back! Won't be on forever, I'm starting college at the end of August. But I felt like hanging out for a bit : )

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KittyParker13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8339  Edited By KittyParker13

@hylian: Thanks : D It's good to be back!

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kittyparker13: I'll also be starting college at the end of august. But I think I'll stay here as well

Darth_Nimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi! I joined around 1 month ago, and only now I managed to find this thread. I am a fan of both Marvel and DC, althrough I prefer Marvel. Despite that, I always try my very best to avoid being a fanboy. I have been reading Comicvine for a while now, but it took me a long time to actually bother to join. Also, if anyone is interested, I made (around a week ago) a certain fight where no one has posted. I would really appreciate some input. The link is http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/destroyer-armor-vs-surtur-and-ymir-1693397/

CuteLittleCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey!

Avatar image for cosmic-tactician
cosmic-tactician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hello everyone im new here but not new to comics or manga. I am a fan of marvel/dc milestone shonen jump and am always open to learning about new stuff. my favorite hero would be the batman my first comic was a batman superman worlds finest and I loved the duality of the two they made me fall in love with rivalries though over time I began to favor the dark knight for reasons. I write fanfiction and play rpgs with my friends so I was glad to find this place

dhiars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hi?

OnlyBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello, I'm Oliviero, I'm new to this site, I recently got interested with Batman comics, especially with the Joker, and I wanted to find new stuff to learn.

Bye.

mmolloy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello, my name is Matt but my friends call me Flats. (Yes from spongebob)im from jersey and I have been an avid comic book fan my entire life. My top three favorite characters are the Thing, Plastic Man, and Captain Ultra. Feel free to drop me a message and say hello!

thylene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sup. You can call me Scott/Lex, been a casual fan of Marvel and DC for a while now, only recently developed a greater interest and passion for 'em. Never been much for forums, hoping to change that, maybe meet some cool people. Doubt it, seems like I'm the kind of person a pretty big chunk of people here don't like. Favorite characters are Wonder Woman and Batman! Mostly a lurker, only recently signed up, probably going to stay as a lurker but I'll give the forums a shot.

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't believe I'm just noticing this thread just now after 3 years.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

See you guys, maybe gone for a week or two though it could go on for a few months.

I'm happy, hope you're happy too.