#7351 Posted by comicace3 (7720 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll be gone for about a month or so or just be inactive. Hoping some of you guys will PM me on anything new.

#7352 Posted by Nightwing_Grayson (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey (from a newbie)

Started reading comics last summer and have read a fair amount since then!

Tend to er on the DC side, big fan of Geoff Johns Green Lantern run, loving both current and classic Batman (and Nightwing...obvs) but also a fan of Spiderman (especially ultimate, both old and new) and all of the space stuff from Annihilation through to Thanos Imperative. Wondering if there is anything else "spacey" I should look into, either in the big 2 or even in the Indie's.

Look forward to getting to know you guys!

Thanks

#7353 Posted by cdiddyman911 (2670 posts) - - Show Bio

Goobye guys. It's been a fun run on this site but I'm taking a possibly eternal break. Good Luck to everyone and have fun!

#7354 Posted by RustyRoy (14858 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know what to say, its one of the hardest thing I've done but I'm going through some personal problems and as much I love being here I have other things that I have to give my attention to so I won't be able to post anything for sometime. I've had a great time here, this is my favorite place and its one of the few places I can be myself, talk about what I like and dislike, I will miss everyone here very much, thank you for all the fun, friends. Good bye CV.

#7355 Posted by Bezza (4660 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy:

What?!!! Just spotted his message in my newsfeed for people I am following and flabbergasted

..don't be a stranger, come back fairly soon! CV needs level headed sensible fans like you to balance out all the idiots who come on here!!

#7356 Posted by Drorel3 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Hello, i read comics and its fun. Where do i discuss various stuff? I like every type of comics, just come to say hello and ask about what when and who is!

PS; For the love of god go buy some valiant comic stuff. Pure gold.

#7357 Posted by bchccc (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum but I've been reading comics for years (since kid).

I love all types of comics but I still have a weak spot for super-heroes. I specially like the more adult take on super-heroes like Sleeper.

Books I've read in the last year:

• 100 Bullets TPB #1-3
  • Criminal Omnibus #1-2
  • Incognito Omnibus
  • SAGA TPB #1-4
  • The Dark Tower TPB (Marvel Comics)
  • The Walking Dead TPB #1-12
  • More but I think this few gave an idea of what I like

Regards,

#7358 Posted by Jokerpoker (3058 posts) - - Show Bio

Bye.

#7359 Posted by ccraft (9577 posts) - - Show Bio

Was thinking about leaving again, but it's tough to do, so starting now you might not see much of me around the vine. I'm dealing with some personal issues, and seeing all the negativity on this site just makes me sick sometimes, it's hard to explain, but I think I've had enough of it for awhile at least.

#7360 Posted by KittyPryde_ (21 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi, I'm new.

#7361 Posted by AlphaWorldPeace (2 posts) - - Show Bio

New. Forced to read a lot when I was a kid, got a few comics as "dessert" to my meat and potatoes.

When I was little, loved Batman, Flash, Teen Titans and Spider-man.

Read Civil War in High School, a few more Batman arcs and Watchmen.

A lot of my friends moved away recently and I've had time on my hands, Really loving Marvel and Image stuff.

Completely caught up on Peter Panzerfaust. FF (under fraction), Hawkeye,

Bought a case from a moving neighbor with a lot of 90's/00 X-men mostly starring Kitty Pryde, Annihilation trades and Venom issues that I've been making my way through.

Bought my girlfriend Bandette, Blueberry, Sex Criminals, old Spider-woman and Casanova and started reading them myself. Really too much time on my hands recently I've rewatched Firefly twice in two weeks.

#7362 Posted by pikachumonster (3123 posts) - - Show Bio

='(

#7363 Posted by KittyParker13 (3170 posts) - - Show Bio
#7364 Edited by SladeWade (12 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey kiddies.

I'm a fan of Deathstroke, Deadpool, and Green Arrow. And Batman of course.

#7365 Posted by _Atomikill_ (4471 posts) - - Show Bio

@sladewade: As long as you ain't illiterate or stupid, Welcome to the Vine!

That was a joke, by the way.

#7366 Posted by AllStarSuperman (25913 posts) - - Show Bio

I used to be on here a few years ago, got a temp ban. I finally came back. Anybody remember me?

#7367 Edited by pikachumonster (3123 posts) - - Show Bio
#7368 Posted by Night_Raven (211 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi I'm new but a very long time 'reader' of the vine! Basically a DC and Marvel fan.

#7369 Posted by Longshadows_Eagle (16 posts) - - Show Bio

'ello.

#7370 Posted by Iragexcudder (7081 posts) - - Show Bio

To those who will see this, I'll be taking some time off of the Vine for a while and pursue my dreams of becoming a writer and get some work done that I've unfortunately put on the side for a while.

To all my friends and future ones on the site, I won't be gone long and I'll talk to you guys soon!

If you'd like to add me on Twitter or Facebook

Twitter - @O_Tahma

Facebook - Thomas Zakareishvili Markham

#7371 Posted by TrollerTroll (14 posts) - - Show Bio

'Sup guys.

#7372 Edited by DarthManhunter (1316 posts) - - Show Bio

Hello all, new guy here. Been reading comics for 20 years finally joined this site after always seeing it come up when i googled characters. Rock on

#7373 Posted by roaris87 (146 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi everybody!

My name is Roaris and I've only somewhat recently really gotten into comics. I read some when I was younger but never really got into it, up until about a year ago when I got an ipad and started really getting into comics. The current series I'm reading/catching up on are New 52 Batman, Justice League, and Flash. From Marvel I've been reading Wolverine and the X-Men, All New X-men, Amazing Spider-man, and Guardians of the Galaxy. Also I've been reading Invincible and The Walking Dead. I found this site on twitter originally then discovered it's one of the few sites not blocked on my work computer, so here I am being unproductive!

#7374 Edited by leonkarlen123 (8823 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi I'm new here, please help me out.

#7375 Edited by _Zakareishvili (5 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 and @cdiddyman911 thank you both for the wishes on my dream guys, it means a lot (this is my new, dabbling with the website account)

I'm iRage btw.

#7376 Edited by Iamthemiho (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey guys!

I enjoy comics way more than my wallet does. I'm also currently researching comic books for my thesis! HMU if you wanna take part!

My first graphic novel was Persepolis quickly followed by Maus and then Watchmen

My first own copy (like the first comic I ever owned) was White Tiger, a five part series by Tamora Pierce

#7377 Posted by Jay_Russ (40 posts) - - Show Bio

Joined a few days ago. Didn't see this thread. Hi, everyone.

#7378 Posted by Jknox (43 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi, my name is Jeff and I'm addicted to comics. Am I in the right place? I heard this was a comic addict support group.

#7379 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (10023 posts) - - Show Bio

@jknox said:

Hi, my name is Jeff and I'm addicted to comics. Am I in the right place? I heard this was a comic addict support group.

That's correct. Though it's not your typical support group. We're more into supporting your addiction.

#7380 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (10023 posts) - - Show Bio

@jay_russ said:

Joined a few days ago. Didn't see this thread. Hi, everyone.

Hey, welcome to Comic Vine! Enjoying the site so far?

#7381 Posted by consolemaster001 (6715 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to Medina-Mecca today (for 10 days) so i may not be active for awhile.

#7382 Posted by Komic_Brew (36 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi! film director, producer, and recently established comic publisher. love fantasy and horror. I guess Roy Thomas and John Buscema are to blame for this :)

favorite comic book characters: Conan, Morfeus, Hellboy... and many others. I like the bad boys: Ellis, Ennis, Morrison, Busiek, Gaiman...

Living in Paris, France, and always ready for a beer :)

#7383 Edited by DraciosV (767 posts) - - Show Bio

Hellur. I'm just here. To say stuff. Yeah.

If I come across as mean, I may be misintpreting you or you may be misinterpreting me, or maybe your just a d***. its hard for me to tell how people are over the internet and people occasionally throw around insults, but I don't hold grudges regardless and I'm not trying to hurt anyone in debates and stuff. But don't worry. We can still be friends....I like making friends.

It's ok my pretty....I mean u kno harm.

We can be friends.

Let's be friends.

#7384 Posted by Jay_Russ (40 posts) - - Show Bio
#7385 Edited by DianaXKal (520 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not very well known around here, but I'm saying goodbye. I've been meaning to leave for a while, but I'm finally doing it. Forums just aren't for me. Often times I try not to be negative here, I may say that I dislike/hate something etc, and when people ask for an explanation, I give them one. People don't always like it and try to argue or change your opinion. That's just not my style. Take care everyone.

#7386 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (10023 posts) - - Show Bio
@jay_russ said:

@battle_forum_junkie: I am, actually. It's a great site all around.

That it is.

Hi! film director, producer, and recently established comic publisher. love fantasy and horror. I guess Roy Thomas and John Buscema are to blame for this :)

favorite comic book characters: Conan, Morfeus, Hellboy... and many others. I like the bad boys: Ellis, Ennis, Morrison, Busiek, Gaiman...

You have good taste in comics. May I ask what you've worked on/published?

#7387 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (10023 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not very well known around here, but I'm saying goodbye. I've been meaning to leave for a while, but I'm finally doing it. Forums just aren't for me. Often times I try not to be negative here, I may say that I dislike/hate something etc, and when people ask for an explanation, I give them one. People don't always like it and try to argue or change your opinion. That's just not my style. Take care everyone.

Sorry to hear that. Good luck out there in the real world. :)

@draciosv said:

Hellur. I'm just here. To say stuff. Yeah.

If I come across as mean, I may be misintpreting you or you may be misinterpreting me, or maybe your just a d***. its hard for me to tell how people are over the internet and people occasionally throw around insults, but I don't hold grudges regardless and I'm not trying to hurt anyone in debates and stuff. But don't worry. We can still be friends....I like making friends.

It's ok my pretty....I mean u kno harm.

We can be friends.

Let's be friends.

Yes.... Let's...

#7388 Edited by metacomix (34 posts) - - Show Bio

What is up, y'all. Okay, I'm sorry. That was terrible. My name's Mike, but you can call me MetaComix, as that's my username and such. I'm a journalist and die-hard comic reader. I'm a Libra, like long walks on the beach, getting caught in the rain, but I hate pina coladas, though if you're hot and want to make love love after midnight in the dunes of the cape....I'm down.

#7389 Edited by DraciosV (767 posts) - - Show Bio
#7390 Posted by Komic_Brew (36 posts) - - Show Bio

@jay_russ said:

@battle_forum_junkie: I am, actually. It's a great site all around.

That it is.

@komic_brew said:

You have good taste in comics. May I ask what you've worked on/published?

Thank you :)

Here are two trailers of shorts I have written/directed, and you can check out my publishing company here : www.komicbrew.com For the moment we only publish online, a page per day, (there are 4 projects now, and a 5th one coming up in Agust).

#7391 Posted by arthurkerr (1121 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor is by far my favorite comic next is Silver Surfer and then Superman and Wonder Women the couple. The Hulk but smart hulk not the crazy mad one. Batman is good but only teamed up with Superman I never really got into the solo comic of Batman but I have given WW a few tries. They are great in the team and on the movie set not so much in comics. The Flash is great with Berry Allen , Kid Flash is good as Kid flash. Not so much of a fan of them replacing any character even Firestorm whom is great with Ronald and the Professor.

I like old school Thor but not when he turns he back on his father and leaves him to die. This is bad story telling in my book and when somebody said but Odin did it to his father in a remark. My thoughts are Thor and Odin are not the same. Not even close it is what led Thor to protect Earth and got them into so many fights.

Wolverine is a awesome character and they have started to touch base on what they could do with him but still have yet to scratch the surface and I am waiting on that story or movie or both.

So many good characters but nothing works if the story sucks. Nothing brings to life anything if the writer refuses to see the true wonders of character that is before them.

Change nothing but the person with the powers and give us the same story and you get the same reaction. Been there done that.

If you look deeper into the heart of a character and you find a truly good story idea.

Take Galactus for instance.

Thor stands ready on the edge his powers bridging the gap between dimensions his rage flowing over and we see the Mighty Galactus standing ready to except his fate. The sword swings and Galactus has his image shattered into millions of peaces and each peace reforms and comes again at Thor whom is over whelmed and taken down. Lightning strikes the ground Thor screams for a better grip his sword falls from his grasp and he has come to know defeat.

Galactus leaves Thor on a dead world after he consumes the Earth and moves on.

To say a sword makes you stronger is like saying a weapon makes you a hero.

A true hero lay in the character not the weapon but this is not the question.

food for thought.

#7392 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (4696 posts) - - Show Bio

@metacomix:

Hello meta. I like Metafictional comics. Though I guess your name doesn`t stand for that.

Hm. Anyway, I`m that guy with the difficult username, who has been spending less and less time here over the span of a few months, but still visits time to time `cause CV is a nice site. I`m also a mediocre storyteller, who aspires to be a mediocre storyteller who gets paid for making up stories.

#7394 Edited by comicace3 (7720 posts) - - Show Bio

People's champ is back!

#7395 Posted by entreri10 (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey guys and girls, My name is Dennis and I'm hoping for this to become one of my main forums. I've been mostly over on Giant Bomb for the past few years but a couple of my best friends have been getting me more and more into comics over the last year or so. As a result I've been devouring more and more of the medium, so I'm super excited to hang out with you guys over here.

#7396 Edited by Rabbitearsblog (6484 posts) - - Show Bio

I have been gone for over a month since I was busy with my You Tube Channel (Rabbitearsblog) and there was just so much going on that I had to talk about on my You Tube channel! But, now I'm back and I'm here to stay!

#7397 Posted by NerdGirlSabrina (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah so I'm new. What's up? :)

#7398 Posted by HumanRocket (10559 posts) - - Show Bio

Yah...I'm taking a good long break from CV.

#7399 Posted by WhyNotBarclayson2 (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Thought I would say hello, found the site ages ago thought i'd sign up and be a part of the place.

#7400 Posted by jsalz215 (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey everybody. Been using the site for awhile, but wanted to join for awhile now because I don't really have an outlet for comics anywhere else.