The Official "Hi, I'm new" and "Goodbye" Thread

Avatar image for distortionslayer
DistortionSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

HIIIII :D My name is Bob. I enjoy things I like. I'm a physics major and a senior at MSU. Greetings from Michigan.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I'm going to be taken a short break from the site. Things have becomed...meh in the last couple of days and I also have to focus on school. So later for now and @The_deathstroker tag me if the thread in the PM gets made in the time I'm gone. Also tag me if @thecheesestabber gets married to someone while I'm gone, I want to see the marriage crash and burn :D

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Avatar image for The_Deathstroker
The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanrocket: NOOOOOO!!!!!

.... I'll probably be pretty inactive too because of finals, not gone, but inactive. And yeah, sure thing. I'll definitely tag you if you know what gets made by you know who. And I'll tag you if I see her/he/it marry anyone. Lol. Good luck, bro.

Elphberg2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi I;m Zack from Birmingham Alabama

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanrocket: You shall be missed bro. See ya when you get back and good luck!

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

I won't be on till Monday(after today). Taking a micro break, need more time with my partner

Be safes my peeps

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#7308 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@darling_luna: Can't think of a sweeter reason to take a break. You have your priorities right for sure! Wish you both the best, you take care hun <3

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo: *giggles and hugs* You 2, see you soon

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HIIIII :D My name is Bob. I enjoy things I like. I'm a physics major and a senior at MSU. Greetings from Michigan.

Welcome to the neo-realm

capn17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wassup!!??!!

New to the Vine but not new to comics. Been collecting for 30+ years. Main interests are books related to the 80s (GI Joe, Transformers, TMNT) as well as Spider-man, X-men, and Deadpool.

Cheers!

Capn

Jokerpoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7313  Edited By HumanRocket
Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know it just seem like I just back, but the last couple days showed me I got a lot on my plate. Trying to find work, spending time with my partner and couching my friend from her depression made me noticed I don't got a lot of time at the moment. Also I kind want to break the grip this place has on you

I'll be taking a longer break, but not gone for good ^-^

I'll be kicking it on Gmail and popping in to check messages so no worries

I'll see you guys in about 2 to 3 weeks

< 3

Vision_ary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Greetings to all. A pleasure to make your acquaintance (spoken in the most Vision like voice I can imagine). New to here. Well, I'm not new, by far, but new to this site. I started reading comics sometime in the late 60's and mostly through the 70's and early 80's (I told you I'm not new). I love, Love, LOVE all the comic related movies that have and are coming out. It's like living out my childhood fantasies. I've been slowly getting back into comics although they never really left me...in my heart that is (swoon). Anyway, this site was recommended to me by a friend and it looks FANTASTIC....nuff said.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Vision_ary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for the_horseman_war
The_Horseman_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello everyone. I've always been into comic book related media (movies, novels, tv shows, etc) but didn't really get into actually reading comics until recently. I am more into reading horror so do any of you have any suggestions on series to start? Or is there a discussion specifically for that topic somewhere on here? I was looking into Hellboy and Ferals. I'm reading Walking Dead now.

Rangerion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi, just another comic book fan from a far corner of the world... Philippines... showing that I'm in touch from somewhere. Ciao.

ChazTeen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi guys i am new and i need some directions around the site. could you help me out a bit?

Avatar image for deactivated-59d945143d79a
deactivated-59d945143d79a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fu-Dog007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Hello fellow viners! I'm a well rounded fan loving all things (except MLP *shudders*). I'll be posting a lot in the Battles section, so you'll be seeing more of me. Nice to be here!

VoodooPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7324  Edited By VoodooPenguin

Don't know if anybody remembers me but I was on here for a while. I quit when I broke my laptop and put off buying one for a real long time.

Bouzingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum. Longtime comic fan, primarily Marvel. I have a healthy respect for DC but given the events of the last couple years I've put a bit of an embargo on the company when it comes to reading comics/consuming the media.

SilentGuardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello everyone!

I have a deep love for Spider-man (Amazing and Ultimate), Batman, The Walking Dead and Fables! For books I enjoy fantasy such as Game of Thrones and Lord of the Rings, as well as Dickens, Hesse and Dostoevsky. For video games I like The Elder Scrolls, Arkham series and any Valve titles.

Hope to have some good discussions.

Over and out!

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello viners!

I am a huge fan of Batman, Green Lantern, Daredevil, Wolverine, Hulk, the JLA, and the Avengers. One of my classic favorite title is the JLA/Avengers crossover.

My favorite novels include Harry Turtledove's Southern Victory series, Max Brooks' World War Z (although I am not very fond of the movie portrayal), and the one and only Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien.

I am also a gamer and I like The Elder Scrolls series and World of Warcraft.

Summed up, it looks like we have some things in common @SilentGuardian .

Mandarinestro out!

Whirlwind_33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mandark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Name's Carl, getting my degree in Computer Engineering... I've just recently came across some Red Lantern comics, which I found super interesting. I've always thought comics were something I could get into but never actually read any until about a week ago.. I like DC over Marvel (at least right now I do, then again, I've never read a Marvel comic).

I doubt I will read anything pre-New 52.. I just read issues 00-20 of Red Lanterns and 00-10 about Supergirl (because one of the covers at the store had Supergirl as a Red Lantern, so I wanted to check it out).

I don't know if this is the right thread to ask this, but while reading Red Lanterns several times something happened where in captions it said (see Green Lantern ch.~) which is cool if all the New 52 stuff is interconnected. But how does that work for like Superman/Batman/etc who are in multiple different comics? -is all New 52 in the same universe?

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi I;m Zack from Birmingham Alabama

Have you ever heard of Devin Malone?

@mandark said:

at times something happened where in captions it said (see Green Lantern ch.~) which is cool if all the New 52 stuff is interconnected. But how does that work for like Superman/Batman/etc who are in multiple different comics? -is all New 52 in the same universe?

New 52 titles all all taking place on Earth 0, other than the book titled "Earth 2" of course.

As for the captions some reference things from before the New 52 cause it wasn't a complete reboot. Green Lantern and Batman kept all the old stories canon, but Superman, Wonder Woman and others started fresh.

Avatar image for beware_my_power
Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sone quoted text from the "Wally West vs the Marvel Multiverse thread":

You know guys... i just woke up. When you wake up to a thread in which your favorite superhero is forced to take on a multiverse, and it gives a perfect opportunity for that hero's haters to troll their @$$es off... it changes you as a person... I'm leaving the vine for a while. Coming back when things settle down. Heck, probably gonna knock Wally West off of my top heroes list because of how stressful it is to defend him. Farewell y'all.

KittyParker13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7332  Edited By KittyParker13

Hi. I just joined yesterday. I didn't notice this thread until after I'd run out of posts. I've been into comics for a few years. My favorites are Spider-Man and X-men. Marvel is my favorite company, but I also like DC. My favorite characters are Shadowcat, Magik and Scarlet Witch. I also really like anime, and have for most of my life (went to my first anime con when I was 7).

abellnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hi just a quick hello to everyone on comic vine just here to check out all the latest stuff on my favourite pastime im a 34 yr old male from newzealand chur

Jmcconn12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jmcconn12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hedi HO to all as well

HypnoToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey guys, I'm new here and too comics also. I'm a huge retro gamer and Futurama fan. I joined here hoping to learn more about the hobby and get some recommendations. See you guys around.

Supermans_Pal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi! I'm new here. As you can tell, I'm a huge Superman fan but I am also a big fan of a lot of characters. My tastes run more towards old school comics, but I try to keep my reading varied. I'm hoping to learn some stuff here and have some fun discussions.

chaos911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello viners! I have been checking out comic vine for a while now, mainly for battles, and decided its time to join in on the fun. Most of my comic knowledge is from various Internet sources though I get comics when I can. Also check out my first battle WBHulk & Wally West vs Darkseid!

Mechapod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7339  Edited By Mechapod

Hi CVers!

I found the Comic Vine while searching for comic news. I saw a lot of great content here; battles, articles, forum posts and decided to join in. I grew up reading Marvel titles as a kid, life took lots of turns, I stopped reading for many years though my interest in reading comics has been sparked again. I've been collecting now for a couple months again, reading the titles I wanted to as a kid. I've finished the Secret Wars II arc, Evolutionary War, and am now reading through Atlantis Attacks.

behardy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like everyone else, I'm new here. I'm not new to concept of Comic Vine and have been visiting this site for quite some time now, but only now have I activated my account. I frequently use Comic Vine Sister sites which are GameSpot and GiantBomb, so you can find me through there.

btebaldi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hi. i found comic vine looking for comic continuity info.

like many before me I grew up reading Marvel (huge fan of waolverine back then), I stopped reading for many years and now i got an iPad for x-mas and my interest in comics came back.

MrValance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hello comic vine! im not necessarily new, ive had my account for a few weeks now, but I just discovered this thread and as I just learned how to "bump" a few hours ago, im a still a newb for sure! oh and I love comics especially superhero stuff but really anything well written (it doesn't have to be deep or anything just good) im an action figure collector and I love movies, and im especially passionate about comic book movies! I discovered the vine many years ago when i googled who would win between two heroes(cant remember who) after learning the sites other functions, reviews, detailed character bios, i couldn't resist anymore! I had to be apart of the action!(sorry for giving like a mini bio)

DaredevilDD78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Hi i'm new. As you can tell, i'm a huge DD fan

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi I'm new and I'm a comics fan ( mostly marvel comics and some vertigo comics like V for vendetta and sandman) and a anime fan.

jedfras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey, people. I'm a comics fan myself (obviously), and I tend to dabble in a lot of fan art. Also, I run a webcomic (currently on hiatus) called the Imprint Chronicles.

The_Nephilim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7347  Edited By The_Nephilim

hey joined CV a while back to browse but only recently started using it daily, i read and collect trades both DC AND Marvel. I love Ultimate spider-man and have completed the run up to date, im also reading Ulti x-men and others such as Locke & Key, Spawn Origins, the full Geoff Johns run from rebirth to The End including all the GLC tie ins etc and im looking to start the Marvel 616 with Avengers Disassembled and Deadpool from Secret Invasion, so yeah that's me

MUFC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7348  Edited By MUFC

hey i am new here. i am from india. basically a huge fan of superheroes stuff since childhood.Never was into comics coz in india you don't see batman ,sups comics lying on stores and i hardly read any indian comics.however i do watch all the hollywood superhero movies and animated series and films.recently my interst rose in comics as i had lots of free time and i was done with watching all justice league animated movies and 02-06 series. thought it's time to explore comic book world.Right now i am reading Justice league new 52,DeathStroke new 52 and Bat/Sup new 52.

any suggestions on what to read are more than welcomed.

i like Bats,G.arrow,Deadshot,Deathstroke,The joker,Flash. e t.c so would like read to these comics regarding these dudes. there are lots of Batman series i saw .i am confused on which ones are actually good?

ZeroPlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mufc: Welcome to ComicVine! I guess your username means Manchester United right ?

Batman-Hush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mufc:

Try the original Batman series. Starting from the 80s. Or read Legends of the Dark Knight. Also try Deathstroke the Terminator. For all of these, you may enjoy JLA, though I didn't. Or possibly Justice League of America.