#7101 Edited by EternalHero (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Hello I'm EternalHero. I found this site by googling how to get into comics lol. I'm a noob when it comes to this. I read lots of manga but I always wanted to get into comics. My issue is I never know where to start. Whenever I see some comics in the stores they are already so deep in issues. I like the justice league, xmen, and avengers. I thought about just jumping into one but I'm one of those I need to start from the beginning kind of people. If anyone has anything they can recommend that would be great.

Besides all of that I play games in my spare time. I have a 3ds, Ps3, Wii, and game computer. Most of the time I'm usually on my 3ds lol. Well hope to make some cool friends on here. :D

#7102 Posted by BumpyBoo (7638 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruxae: You will be missed, I wish you all the best for whatever your life brings you, and hopefully we'll see you around here again *hugs* <3

#7103 Posted by Inverno (13057 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey, guys. I am dropping by to say I am back :)

#7104 Edited by Provehito (61 posts) - - Show Bio

I also recently revisited Secret Wars and was shocked at how poorly it has aged and how badly it was written…I absolutely adored this series when I was younger.

Going back to what one liked in the past, with greater understanding and a broader perspective. Such is an important growth of life.

#7105 Posted by DarthAznable (5759 posts) - - Show Bio

Hello there, Darth Aznable here. I love most comics. I'm very much a DC and Image comic fan but I will look into some Marvel as well. Still really diving into the comic world so if you have suggestions, suggest away!

#7106 Posted by calbear98 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi, I'm a noob.

I'm a software developer working on apps for collectors. Please message me with what problems you want solved and what features you want (whether it is around finding, buying, organizing, or selling comics).

I read and collected GI Joe when I was a kid. Now I like Image comics for some reason.

Started reading:

Walking Dead

Criminal

Hawkeye

Sex Criminals

Chew

Going to read:

Saga

East of West

Manhattan Projects

Thinking about getting:

Lazarus

Revival

PM me!

#7107 Edited by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel that I am done. I need to get a few things that need to be in order. I feel some things are looping too many times. I feel that I am not being that effective. I did my mark but I think it is time to end it. It was fun and I had given a few thoughts to ponder and I hope they can do better than I can.

Yeah it is time for me to go.

#7108 Posted by DcAnime2014 (503 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi, I'm DcAnime2014 and I like Dc comics and Anime:)

#7109 Edited by TechnarchyWarlock (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Just signed up!

#7110 Posted by ProjectOrigin (35 posts) - - Show Bio

Hello I'm new! :D

#7111 Posted by RD189 (944 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi guys!! Brand new to the forum, though i've been a big fan of it for a while. Nice to meet y'all

#7112 Edited by DoctorXander (947 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi, I'm Australian and think DC is forever superior to Marvel. I don't get to read many comics because there aren't places to buy them where I live, so my knowledge of DC comics comes from the internet and the DCAU which is awesome and I will talk about a lot. Star Wars is also awesome

:)

#7113 Edited by Knightsofdarkness (25 posts) - - Show Bio

I am sort of new. Came in here a few weeks ago but didn't log on in here as much.

#7114 Edited by MackenzieSlater (4 posts) - - Show Bio

My name is Legacy, I'm 26 and from Australia. I am one of the many embodiment's of Geek/Nerd culture. I am proud of this as well. Like to help and be help where possible. Nice to meet you all. :)

#7115 Edited by Nothing2Lose (37 posts) - - Show Bio
#7116 Edited by SoopahSoup (85 posts) - - Show Bio

oh I didn't know this thread existed

hey, I'm kind of new?

I guess

#7117 Edited by GeekInRevue (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi comicvine!

GeekInRevue here. I love comics, movies, Bach and churros!

I'm here to make friends and talk comics. Hit me up :)

#7118 Posted by Xanthos (155 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess I missed the obligatory I'm new speech as my first post. -oh well.

I'm gonna be spending some time here. I'm curious to why there isn't a manga section to discuss books such as Gantz and LetterBee.

It might be for the same reason "manga" readers don't talk about comics. I plan on releasing a general dicussion asking for advice for what I should read, and give a history of my experiences with comics.

#7119 Posted by VenomousTaco (573 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi, I'm new (sorta).

#7120 Edited by VenomousTaco (573 posts) - - Show Bio

Can anyone inform me on how to upload images on a mobile device?

...please? :-)

#7121 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (7149 posts) - - Show Bio

@xanthos: Welcome to the vine. The Official Manga/Anime Thread is located in off topics & a large number of users frequent.

@venomoustaco: Welcome to the vine. As for your question, I have no clue if that is possible, but bug report could help.

#7122 Posted by HumanRocket (7388 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm taking a break from this site for a while.

#7123 Posted by LiquidEmpires (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Heya everyone!! LiquidEmpires here!! Lovely to see all you. Nice ta meet cha :D

#7124 Posted by sonofkrypton (35 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi...I'm new :)

#7125 Posted by jakemorries (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi im new here always wanted to collect comics when i was a kid but now i can finally do it so trying to learn everything about all the different stories etc.

Looking forward to reading all different topics on here

Jake

#7126 Posted by sonofkrypton (35 posts) - - Show Bio

:D

#7127 Posted by sonofkrypton (35 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't mind me...just trying to get my five posts in for the day...argghh!

#7128 Posted by Prototypehydra (65 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi there! LONG time lurker, new time poster. My wife, daughter, and work consume 80% of my life, the other 20% belongs to comics and action figures.

My old collection was destroyed during hurricane sandy, so I've been rebuilding for the past 10 months or so. I currently have about 200 some issues in my collection - mostly bronze age stuff from when I was younger - and the rest is modern era. I also collect TPB's so I can actually read my favorite story arcs (AvX was amazing!). Lastly, I collect action figures - mostly marvel legends and marvel select, but if it looks cool, I'll buy it.

Hmm, that's about it I suppose. Some of my favorite characters in the marvel universe would be - Venom, Anti-Venom, Carnage, Spider-Man 2099, Scarlet Spider, Ronin, and Magneto.

#7129 Posted by sonofkrypton (35 posts) - - Show Bio

#7130 Posted by MrFloydNL (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Good day, everyone!

After perusing the website ever since I first started collecting and reading comic books back in early 2012, I finally decided to jump into the more social side of things (a decision that didn’t come easy due to my Asperger’s) in the hope of running into some like-minded people.

Most things related to DC Comics’ The New 52 have been my main interest right from the start, but I’ve started taking a look at the occasional title from other publishers (although I’m not sure if Vertigo counts). I tend to read comic books digitally, but I also collect “physical” trade paperbacks of my favourite titles.

I’ve tried looking into the Dutch comic book “scene” specifically, but I figured that us lowlanders would naturally gravitate towards this place anyway.

#7131 Posted by Pasto (2 posts) - - Show Bio

@zero_edge: Hey oh! My name is Pasto, I am a user on ComicBookMovie, maybe you have heard of me, and I decided to make an account on here because:

A). Comic Book related.

B). Forums.

#7132 Posted by jaxthejester_2014 (195 posts) - - Show Bio

Howdy everyone,

The name's Jax the Jester.

I was a longtime poster on the (now defunct) Marvel boards, and I post on KMC and Mickeys Tavern. Greenscar1990 prompted me to jump over to Comicvine, and I'm glad I did. I'm seeing a lot of old, familiar faces from back in the day. Random shout-out to my peeps! I'm a long time Debate fan, so you'll see me posting often on the Vs. Boards. I'm also a Hulk fan, so you'll... see me posting often on the Vs. Boards, lol.

Aside from Debate, I'm known for making the occasional comedic post in a given "Off Topic" forum (gotta live up to my namesake after all). I'm really digging the work you fine folks have done here at Comicvine. The Character Bios are nothing short of brilliant, and the Forums are easy to navigate. It's great stuff! Hats off to the Mods and Admins.

Thanks for the warm welcome, and I hope to see you all on the boards.

- Jax

#7133 Posted by Deadpooling (42 posts) - - Show Bio

Hows it going? I'm Deadpooling...Yes as you'd all probably guessed by my username, I am a Spider-Man fan... (Duh!) ;)

I do like some DC stuff, but I'm mostly a Marvel kind of guy. Hey the color red looks good what can I say? Hehehe

#7134 Edited by Undoniel (5 posts) - - Show Bio
#7135 Posted by AweSam (7371 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadpooling: Hello and welcome. There are plenty of Deadpool and Spider-man fans here you can befriend. You can spot the Deadpool ones out from their usernames.

@undoniel Welcome. ComicVine has a very big edible wiki. Feel free to share your knowledge.

#7136 Edited by Undoniel (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, for now people doesn't seem interested by my thread.. Does I have put it in the wrong section ?

#7137 Posted by nojellykid (149 posts) - - Show Bio

Hola

#7138 Posted by IstariJedi (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey hey hey,

I've been on this site pleeeeenty of times but have never bothered to register, but look! I did! Ha!

Yes. Anyways. At the moment, Marvel's my favorite publisher with X-Men being my all time favorite Superhero team (with Cyclops and Kitty Pryde being my two favorite heroes).

I hope to be with you guys for a while and actually, y'know, post stuff.

#7139 Posted by Deadpooling (42 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:

@deadpooling: Hello and welcome. There are plenty of Deadpool and Spider-man fans here you can befriend. You can spot the Deadpool ones out from their usernames.

Thank you, I have noticed them around but I'm strictly not just a 'Pool or Spidey fan :)

#7140 Posted by reaverlation (13812 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadpooling: Well for Spidey,you go to @jashro44,Deadpool you go to @yourneighborhoodcomicgeek :)

#7141 Posted by Homifred (28 posts) - - Show Bio

Well....this is rather 'nifty'. Hi... my name is Pete and I secretly work for the government who is now doing gruesome experiments on my dog (No! Jimmy!)

But seriously, I'm a fan of the amazing one (Spider-man) and I stumbled upon this site while researching for my new fic. I like what I see so far and I am interested in exploring this site to full saturation. Thank you for having me (thus manly tears leak from my beautiful brown eyes).

#7142 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (23115 posts) - - Show Bio

I already stated it in another thread but I will pace it here just cause.....

I just want to give everyone a heads up and tell them I'm not going to be on the Vine for a while.

RL is knocking on the door and even if I don't answer it, it's going to kick it in.

I hope you guys miss me a bit when I'm gone. =(

#7143 Posted by TechnoBacon2014 (82 posts) - - Show Bio

WOW It took me A LONG TIME To discover this thread..Well anyway

I'ma new I joined last Month..

My fave Superheroes are

Spider-Man

Superman

Batman

Ghost Rider

The Flash

Green Lantern

Wolverine

DEADPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Iron Man

Thor

#7144 Posted by SC (12675 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaxthejester_2014: @istarijedi: @homifred: @technobacon2014:

Welcome to Comicvine, fellow comic fan enthusiasts. Hey I recognize one of you from a former life, hey JaxtheJester.

I hope you all are enjoying the site and feeling welcome. There is lots to do at this place, from wiki edit, post in forums, debate in battles, create reviews and lists, or just even browse and read about old volumes of obscure comics.

Hope to see you all around. Take care!

Moderator Online
#7145 Posted by SC (12675 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011: @bruxae:

Hey hey HEY! Thats not fair, two of my favorite people trying to sneak away from this site without sending me a PM! You guys will be more than missed by me, and the only reason I am not getting too exasperated right now is because I am assuming and hoping its only a temporary leave and that you will be back now and then to visit and eventually return proper.

Anyway dccomicsrules, I hope everything is okay with you in real life. Your a chill guy, always enjoy talking to you.

Bruxae, always enjoyed our small chats about art and your sense of humor and selection of Aubrey Plaza gifs are the best. I hope things are okay for you in real life as well.

- Sean.

Moderator Online
#7146 Posted by SC (12675 posts) - - Show Bio

@prototypehydra said:

Hi there! LONG time lurker, new time poster. My wife, daughter, and work consume 80% of my life, the other 20% belongs to comics and action figures.

My old collection was destroyed during hurricane sandy, so I've been rebuilding for the past 10 months or so. I currently have about 200 some issues in my collection - mostly bronze age stuff from when I was younger - and the rest is modern era. I also collect TPB's so I can actually read my favorite story arcs (AvX was amazing!). Lastly, I collect action figures - mostly marvel legends and marvel select, but if it looks cool, I'll buy it.

Hmm, that's about it I suppose. Some of my favorite characters in the marvel universe would be - Venom, Anti-Venom, Carnage, Spider-Man 2099, Scarlet Spider, Ronin, and Magneto.

I am really sorry to hear about the loss of your collection during hurricane Sandy. It sounds like your family and yourself made it through fine and that is the most important thing. Am glad you were safe! Its great to see you found a place to help you enjoy your hobby more! Thank you for sharing and hope this site brings you much enjoyment!

Moderator Online
#7147 Edited by Prototypehydra (65 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc said:

@prototypehydra said:

I am really sorry to hear about the loss of your collection during hurricane Sandy. It sounds like your family and yourself made it through fine and that is the most important thing. Am glad you were safe! Its great to see you found a place to help you enjoy your hobby more! Thank you for sharing and hope this site brings you much enjoyment!

Thank you so much for the kind words. My family means everything to me, so we've since relocated to a more hurricane friendly location in NJ, also my new collection should be safe.

#7148 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (23115 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc:

Why thank you dude. ^___^

I was thinking about sending a PM but I decided against it because I didn't want to make a big deal out of it.

#7149 Posted by hart7668 (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011: You are a really awesome person. I hope RL gets better or stays good! Aaaaand I do wish for you to return. Your posts are always incredibly informative

#7150 Posted by TechnoBacon2014 (82 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc: Oh not last Month but Two months ago.