#7051 Posted by VoodooPenguin (1077 posts) - - Show Bio

25th post!
I've been reading comics for about six months. My favorite series right now are Way's Deadpool run, the new Batman, and Sheltered.
Hi!

#7052 Posted by Briubbly (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Hello, I am new as a member I been using comicvine for awhile I finally decided to sign up. I am no expert but I enjoy a good chat on comics and other things so hit me up if you want to talk.

#7053 Posted by Khan_Noonien_Singh (514 posts) - - Show Bio

@jphu8414 said:

New here!

Awesome website, hope there's a good Superman fan community here :)

I love Superman!

#7054 Posted by Scotttland (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi,

I'm new, I am frommBath, England. I have been reading comics for about 4/5 months and have no idea what I'm getting myself in for.

#7055 Posted by iHate (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi, I'm new to this forum and also to the comic book world.

I started reading comics because I was curious about the Infinity event so I read the Infinity, New Avengers and Avengers issues. I finished the Endless Wartime graphic novel a few days ago and I enjoyed the Iron Man related dialogues. I would like to read more of that stuff, but the Marvel Universe gives me so many choices... Any recommendation on what to read next will be helpful.

I suppose there's no series revolving around Thane at the moment.

#7056 Posted by ZbvmX (268 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi peeps, Mon I. here from the (still beautiful nation of the) Philippines :D I've been reading a lot of local komiks since forever (Anyone here reading Kikomachine Komiks or Trese?), but recently branched out to international titles as well sometime around the start of 2013. The first issue I've bought is New Avengers #1 by Jonathan Hickman, and I've been hooked ever since. From monthly trips to my LCS just to get 1 book, my WEEKLY pulls have now grown to about 15-25 titles (thanks to Age of Ultron, Trinity War, Infinity, Villain's Month, Forever Evil, Cataclysm, Zero Year, and the unbelievable amount of too epic for trade-wait Image titles which came out this year). Some of my favorite titles that I'm still following as of today are N52 Animal Man by Jeff Lemire (just got the news about issue #29... really sad, but I'll still be following Buddy even after he moves to JLC), Avengers A.I. (Hail Doombot!), Superior Foes of Spider-Man (If I suddenly go broke and can only follow one $2.99 book, this has got to be it), Superman|Wonderwoman (because we love soap operas here), Ghosted, Lazarus, Velvet, Jupiter's Legacy, and Three, etc.

I'm glad to have found Comic Vine (as it is one of the few websites still not being filtered out at work), and I am a big fan of both podcasts. I hope to get a few reviews out on my spare time, and continue following the superb content here on the vine :D

#7057 Edited by SuperSoldier_JT (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Hello fellow people of Comic Vine!!! I'm new to collecting comic books and to this site. I love Captain America as well as espionage and crime noir comics. Ed Brubaker is my favorite writer. Seriously...that dude is friggin' incredible. When I read his stuff I'm like, woah that was wicked righteous and junk and stuff. It really is crazy awesome.

#7058 Posted by adhd_assassin (532 posts) - - Show Bio

@supersoldier_jt: welcome to the vine. Cap is one of my favs too. I hope to see you around

#7059 Posted by centenova (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Hello everyone! I'm new to vine and comics... First started downloading digital comics, and recently dived into getting actual comics... I'm hooked on the new 52 batman, action comics.... Read some mass effect and sons of anarchy because I love the game and the show. I'm slowly building up my collection. If anyone has any recommendations on what I should check out next let me know!

#7060 Posted by Wyrmdog (39 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey all, just stopping by the thread to say hello. Been reading comics off and on since the late 70s or early 80s when I got a compendium that had the Hulk, Silver Surfer and Doctor Strange in it for Christmas. Damn, I loved that thing. Anyway, you should all know that Planetary is the greatest superhero comic book ever written. Despite that, it's the Claremont/Romita Jr. run on the X-Men that really cemented my love of superhero comics. Also, the Ellis/Hitch run on the Authority is beauty (though for me comes with some serious Stormwatch baggage), and Manhunter was brilliant. The two titles I have the most individual issues of are the Uncanny X-Men and Witchblade. I vividly remember the launch of Image and its affiliates and the old Dark Horse Comics' Greatest World (particularly Ghost, X and Will to Power). I bought the widest breadth of books during the 90s and early 00s. I'm sure that all says something about me, but I'm not sure what.

These days I don't collect series as they come out anymore, I tend to buy trades and hunt down collections of older series that I once loved. I've been finding myself poking my head in at this site a bit lately so I figured I'd set up an ID. So here I am and there you are, and here we go.

#7061 Posted by Tattacus (66 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi all. Just wanted to pop in here and say hi as I'm new....obviously.

A little help also please? I want to post a topic on helping me with jumping on points with a couple comics. Is General Discussion the place for this? Cheers.

#7062 Posted by SubliminalKarma (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey, I'm new to collecting comics and to comic vine. I've just been lurking around, then I finally decided to sign up. So far I've only collected Avengers: Avengers Word Vol.1 by Jonathan Hickman.

My favourite character is Thor :) ... and I'm from London.

#7063 Edited by Wolfus (83 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi guys. I'm new here(obvious)

I'm not a great fan of comics, but enjoy some. I don't have great knowledge about comics either, I know some stuff, but there are a lot I have yet to learn, and I guess I'll achieve this in here.

I've been visiting this website for some time, but now I decided to join.

My favorite char is Thor.

Thanks everyone, I hope I meet nice people here.

#7064 Posted by sajmeister (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi guys, I am Sajmeister, I have been a fan of the Comicvine for a while and I thought it is about time that I joined it. Loving it so far, hoping to meet more interesting like minded people here and take part in discussions too.

All of you have a great weekend and christmas too, if I don't see you all before that.

#7065 Posted by CheesePizza (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Hello CV. Found this place just through googling. When I was a wee little guy I did buy comics but then for some reason I cannot recall, I stopped. My girlfriend got me into the Marvel movies and that was the gateway. I'm sure others have experienced the same fate. It was not long until I was buying comics and now....I cannot stop. I'm buying way too much but it is so much fun.

#7066 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4899 posts) - - Show Bio

@scotttland: Welcome to ComicVine! I hope to see you around. I wonder what your avatar/icon will be. Don't worry ComicVine is AWesome but like with everything in life it has its flaws.

@ihate said:

Hi, I'm new to this forum and also to the comic book world.

I started reading comics because I was curious about the Infinity event so I read the Infinity, New Avengers and Avengers issues. I finished the Endless Wartime graphic novel a few days ago and I enjoyed the Iron Man related dialogues. I would like to read more of that stuff, but the Marvel Universe gives me so many choices... Any recommendation on what to read next will be helpful.

I suppose there's no series revolving around Thane at the moment.

Welcome to ComicVine! Glad to see a fellow MARVELous Fan. I am not familiar with Thane but the comics I can recommend from Marvel are Hawkeye by Fraction, Thor by Jason Aaron, All New X-Men, Daredevil by Mark Waid, Superior Foes, and besides that it depends. What are you looking for?

@zbvmx said:

Welcome to the Vine! You'll fit in just fine.

Hello fellow people of Comic Vine!!! I'm new to collecting comic books and to this site. I love Captain America as well as espionage and crime noir comics. Ed Brubaker is my favorite writer. Seriously...that dude is friggin' incredible. When I read his stuff I'm like, woah that was wicked righteous and junk and stuff. It really is crazy awesome.

Welcome now fellow Viner to ComicVine! I hope you enjoy your stay and love to see you post on threads about Ed Brudabaker's works.

Hey, I'm new to collecting comics and to comic vine. I've just been lurking around, then I finally decided to sign up. So far I've only collected Avengers: Avengers Word Vol.1 by Jonathan Hickman.

My favourite character is Thor :) ... and I'm from London.

Welcome to the VINE! I'd recommend you check out Jason Aaron's Thor: God of Thunder. I hear its great.

@wolfus said:

Hi guys. I'm new here(obvious)

I'm not a great fan of comics, but enjoy some. I don't have great knowledge about comics either, I know some stuff, but there are a lot I have yet to learn, and I guess I'll achieve this in here.

I've been visiting this website for some time, but now I decided to join.

My favorite char is Thor.

Thanks everyone, I hope I meet nice people here.

Hello and Welcome, to ComicVine my now fellow Viner. I hope you enjoy your visits and know some people may be a tad bit rude. The Vine is a wonderful place but nothing is without its flaws. I hope you're checking out Jason Aaron's Thor: God of Thunder.

BTW(By the Way) AWEsome username.

Hi guys, I am Sajmeister, I have been a fan of the Comicvine for a while and I thought it is about time that I joined it. Loving it so far, hoping to meet more interesting like minded people here and take part in discussions too.

All of you have a great weekend and christmas too, if I don't see you all before that.

I'm really digging the spirit bro. Welcome to ComicVine my fellow Vine brother! I hope you enjoy all your visits and know you will find like minded individuals, but you will also find users who are not on the same page.

You may stumble on a few Trolls, Goblins, and Ghouls. But, fret not. Don't feed them and never let any rude comments get you down.

I hope you have a happy holiday and a wonderful NYE (New Years Eve).

Hello CV. Found this place just through googling. When I was a wee little guy I did buy comics but then for some reason I cannot recall, I stopped. My girlfriend got me into the Marvel movies and that was the gateway. I'm sure others have experienced the same fate. It was not long until I was buying comics and now....I cannot stop. I'm buying way too much but it is so much fun.

Glad you came back to comics and Welcome to ComicVine! I can't wait to see what your choices in avatars/icons will be and hope to see you participate in debates, discussions, and weekly votes.

It is a fun site but nothing is without its flaws.

Cheers to all the new users!

(+)

#7067 Edited by tupiaz (2241 posts) - - Show Bio

@tattacus said:

A little help also please? I want to post a topic on helping me with jumping on points with a couple comics. Is General Discussion the place for this? Cheers.

Welcome to the vine. A good thump rule is when a new writer starts on a series so you can go with that. Most trades can also be read individual not everything though. What titles do you need help with.

#7068 Posted by Tattacus (66 posts) - - Show Bio

@tupiaz said:

@tattacus said:

Welcome to the vine. A good thump rule is when a new writer starts on a series so you can go with that. Most trades can also be read individual not everything though. What titles do you need help with.

Thanks, I'll have to keep that in mind. I made a new topic in Gen Discussion. Any X-Men trades, I hear Battle of the Atom is a good one. I'll be picking up Days of Future Past soon too. Also what X-men series is the better one to follow? I'd like to limit myself to one if possible. And Batman?

#7069 Edited by tupiaz (2241 posts) - - Show Bio

@tattacus said:

@tupiaz said:

@tattacus said:

Thanks, I'll have to keep that in mind. I made a new topic in Gen Discussion. Any X-Men trades, I hear Battle of the Atom is a good one. I'll be picking up Days of Future Past soon too. Also what X-men series is the better one to follow? I'd like to limit myself to one if possible. And Batman?

I would pick up the X-Men trade God Loves Man Kills it is from the 80's but that story is the essence of what X-Men is about. Dark Phoenix Saga is another classic. Batman i would start with Year One, The Long Halloween and Dark Victory. There is also a top trade list here on the vine and on other sites. You can find these list be searching "X top ten/25/10 stories" X being the team/character you would like to read (adding comic vine so lead you to the list there are here). The current Batman title by Scott Snyder is good. I have also heard good things about Detective by John Lyman I haven't read it though. The team that was on Flash is taking over (they where ask what title they wanted to work on and choose Detective Comics). It should be interesting. I don't read any of the current X-Men books so I can't help you with that. Hopefully this was useful.

#7071 Posted by Tattacus (66 posts) - - Show Bio

@tupiaz said:

@tattacus said:

@tupiaz said:

@tattacus said:

I would pick up the X-Men trade God Loves Man Kills it is from the 80's but that story is the essence of what X-Men is about. Dark Phoenix Saga is another classic. Batman i would start with Year One, The Long Halloween and Dark Victory. There is also a top trade list here on the vine and on other sites. You can find these list be searching "X top ten/25/10 stories" X being the team/character you would like to read (adding comic vine so lead you to the list there are here). The current Batman title by Scott Snyder is good. I have also heard good things about Detective by John Lyman I haven't read it though. The team that was on Flash is taking over (they where ask what title they wanted to work on and choose Detective Comics). It should be interesting. I don't read any of the current X-Men books so I can't help you with that. Hopefully this was useful.

It's all very useful and much appreciated! I'll be picking up God Loves, Man Kills at some point. I was thinking of picking up Year One so I will go with that. Thanks for all the info!

#7072 Posted by kcomicfan (97 posts) - - Show Bio

hi i am kcomicfan.i like marvel and dc comics .and i am on this website to use the battle forums

#7073 Edited by Tensta (460 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi. Im new to the Comic Vine Forum but not new to The Vine or comics.

Ive been reading comics since the early 80s and been using The Vine as a wiki for about a year now - been a great help in finding out more about characters and issues Ive been searching. Now Im here as a member.

#7074 Edited by LiL_Seezus (6 posts) - - Show Bio

aight i am LiL_Seezus but you could call me seezus. i been looking on at the comic vine for som time now and been lookin at the battles so i thought i would join up n see if i could cooperate wit chu guys. okay peace

#7075 Edited by hyperbertha (1325 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi all just joined today. BIG comic book fan and gamer (: My most favorite comic title is probably x-men....

#7076 Posted by wundagoreborn (398 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi all just joined today. BIG comic book fan and gamer (: My most favorite comic title is probably x-men....

Welcome!

#7077 Edited by robertlnorman (10 posts) - - Show Bio

Hello all. I'm a 33 year-old comic book newbie. In my youth, the only comics I ever remember even opening were The Death of Superman and scattered issues of Spawn that my friends owned.

Honestly, what piqued my interest was DC's New 52. It seemed like the perfect spot to jump in, and I've finally gotten around to it. I'm a voracious reader, mostly of medieval history, historical fiction, and fantasy, so reading comics is a new, almost surreal experience for me. I'm currently reading collected editions of Action Comics, Batman, and Wonder Woman and I would love recommendations from members here. I prefer collected editions because I tend to read quite a bit at a time.

#7078 Posted by attatje (1421 posts) - - Show Bio

@robertlnorman: Do you want to stay or start with DC Comics or would you try a independant publisher so I could maybe help you for recommendations.

either way welcome to the vine

#7079 Edited by korghano (61 posts) - - Show Bio

Hullo, everyone!

My name's Shobo. I write, draw, love videogames, TV and movies. I grew up in Lagos, Nigeria, where it was hard to get hold of comics, but my dad, an artist, loved Marvel (and John Buscema in particular) so we always had a decent supply of funny books lying around.

Favorite Comics: Asterix & Obelix, Tintin, Conan

Favorite Superhero:Superman

Favorite Publisher: I'm partial to Dark Horse. They've done such a fantastic job with Conan, and I love the way they balance scifi, horror, fantasy and drama.

Least Favorite: IDW at the moment... solely because their Star Trek comics fall very short of great

How I Found ComicVine: Been following Giant Bomb since the beginning. Recently started work on my own indie comic, Tales from the Jonahverse, and the promise of documenting production while being part of the community was far too enticing to pass off!

#7080 Edited by robertlnorman (10 posts) - - Show Bio

@attatje said:

@robertlnorman: Do you want to stay or start with DC Comics or would you try a independant publisher so I could maybe help you for recommendations.

either way welcome to the vine

I'm up for anything that's good! I really just started with DC because of the New 52.

#7081 Edited by wundagoreborn (398 posts) - - Show Bio

@korghano: Welcome. Hope all goes well with your comic.

I'm enjoying IDW Star Trek right now, but I'm definitely with your dad about John Buscema.

#7082 Posted by korghano (61 posts) - - Show Bio

@wundagoreborn: Thanks! I actually like the IDW stories, it's just the art that bugs me. I can't shake the feeling they're skimping on the art. Still, it's the closest we've got to Trek on TV at the moment!

#7083 Posted by attatje (1421 posts) - - Show Bio

@robertlnorman: That's great I'd advice to continue reading whatever your reading and slowly expand to the amount of ongoing comics you're comfortable with (can afford) and I'd advice these DC series Aquaman, Green Arrow (since issue 17) Animal Man, and maybe Justice League to get to know some superheroes, for Marvel I know Thor:God of Thunder is awesome but I haven't read any other great titles of Marvel, however the independant publishers (Valiant, Image, IDW etc.) do have some amazing comics, you could check some comics from Valiant because they're almost all awesome.

Good Luck.

#7084 Edited by robertlnorman (10 posts) - - Show Bio

@attatje: Thanks for the recommends. I had been thinking of picking up Thor and Justice League.

#7085 Posted by attatje (1421 posts) - - Show Bio
#7087 Edited by wundagoreborn (398 posts) - - Show Bio

@korghano: Agree about the Trek art. The stuff Claudia Balboni draws looks gorgeous to me. The Erfan Fajar stuff is very inconsistent, especially with lead character faces. Unfortunately, Balboni is on the Khan mini-series, not the on-going title.

#7088 Posted by robertlnorman (10 posts) - - Show Bio

@attatje said:

@robertlnorman: np I hope you enjoy them.

One more question if you don't mind. As you can see from my avatar, I'm partial to Captain America. I actually started reading a collected edition of golden age Captain America, but I'm wondering where would be a good starting point for the modern Captain America series?

#7089 Posted by attatje (1421 posts) - - Show Bio
#7090 Posted by rob1157 (69 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey folks, Rob1157 here. I'm a big fan of the podcasts. Felt it was time to sign up.

#7091 Posted by robertlnorman (10 posts) - - Show Bio

@attatje: I will check that out. Thanks!

#7092 Posted by petermed51 (27 posts) - - Show Bio

What's up guys, I've been collecting comics and trades for about 8 months and have had an account here for a few months periodically posting, but I just wanted to formally say hey to the community!

Favorite Publisher- DC

Favorite character- Batman (Original, huh? but there are so many great stories!)

Favorite current series- Snyder and Capullo's Batman

Favorite all-time series - Sandman and then Y the last man

thanks guys!

#7093 Posted by 10Red (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Ha I finally signed up, hi everyone. So I have always loved super heroes and have gotten to know them through movies and cartoons but have only gotten into their actual comics last summer. My collection is measly as I only have stuff from Daredevil(current), Spider-Man(616) and Superman Unchained. But later today I will be getting All Star Superman and Kingdom Come so I am pretty excited. I mostly lurk in the General, Superman, Spider-man and the Battle forums.

#7094 Posted by Provehito (61 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really a new member. Joined this place in April last year. I've been mostly commenting on articles, reviews, and battle threads every now and then. I've found a lot of good recommendations here, and it has helped me on my return to reading comics. I must say reading publishers that aren't DC or Marvel has helped a lot.

So just posting around to have an official presentation after all this while.

#7095 Posted by Bruxae (14008 posts) - - Show Bio

I think its about time for me to say goodbye, people who know me might have noticed that I have been on less lately. Its not due to hard feelings, just alot of RL things keeping me busy which leaves me very unmotivated to get on and be active on here. For the time being I might check in once in a while to respond to PM's and such but I wont be active on the boards, and its possible that I wont get on at all.

Maybe ill be back at some point in the future but for now id like to say thanks to everyone who has made this site a pleasant experience for me, and goodbye!

#7096 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (23894 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruxae said:

I think its about time for me to say goodbye, people who know me might have noticed that I have been on less lately. Its not due to hard feelings, just alot of RL things keeping me busy which leaves me very unmotivated to get on and be active on here. For the time being I might check in once in a while to respond to PM's and such but I wont be active on the boards, and its possible that I wont get on at all.

Maybe ill be back at some point in the future but for now id like to say thanks to everyone who has made this site a pleasant experience for me, and goodbye!

Its sad to see a great Viner to go D: I hope you can work it out and return soon, my friend. Take care!

#7097 Posted by Samimista (21050 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruxae: Hope everything gets resolved and that things look brighter for you! You're always noodles of fun to talk to. =D Plus, the pictures you find are amazing. 0.0 If you ever need someone to talk to, am always here. Feel free to PM if you want my email.

#7098 Edited by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio
#7099 Edited by kloker6991 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi, my name is John.

i am a master of all ideal things, and a dreamer too.

don't judge me btw.

#7100 Edited by PunyBanner (111 posts) - - Show Bio

Greetings all...I've spent a lot of time perusing the General & Battle forums but only just decided to register. I am a lapsed fan of comic books (my enthusiasm for the medium was at its peak in the late 80's & early 90's) who has only just recently been trying to fill in the gaps of my readership & pick up some more recent stories. My favorite character is easily the Hulk, but I also enjoy Superman, Batman, Spiderman & the Fantastic Four (among others). In addition to superhero books I am also a huge fan of the old E.C. comics (I have collected nearly all of the 90’s reprints of every title I could find!) & other pre-code horror, crime & sci-fi titles.

Other than the aforementioned E.C. reprints I own precious few comics anymore, having sold the lot years ago, but in the last few months I have bought several Hulk books that I had never read (WW Hulk, Planet Hulk, Startling Stories: Banner, Hulk: Gray, The End, Future Imperfect) as well as the incredible GIT Corp DVD Collection (spanning 1962-2006!). I also just read Jason Aaron’s recent run on the Hulk and found the concept very good but the execution very poor. I have yet to explore the Red Hulk stories, the Bruce Jones run or the Ultimate universe (though I have read "Ultimate Hulk vs Wolverine" & "Ultimate Hulk vs Iron Man".

Some notable non-Hulk books I have recently read include Superman: Red Son, Lex Luthor: Man of Steel & Fantastic Four: Unstable Molecules (this last one was phenomenally good, I thought).

I also recently revisited Secret Wars and was shocked at how poorly it has aged and how badly it was written…I absolutely adored this series when I was younger.