#6901 Posted by Samimista (21703 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:

Hate to say it, but farewell. I had planned on leaving in September when university started up again, but I'm moving in a week, so I'll be really busy this month. You guys are all awesome and I'll miss... well, a good bunch of you. I might drop by to say hello every once in a while.

So long!

I was just gonna post on your profile today and saw this. Really hope you'll be back soon! You're one of my favorite members on here with your sense of humor. Though, I do wish you well and hope university will be alright. I can imagine that must be stressful and a lot of work since you wanna become a teacher. Don't forget to visit every now and then on here!

#6902 Posted by Cr4pSnip3r (304 posts) - - Show Bio

Howdy.

#6903 Posted by HeckTate (1461 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey, I'm Chris, or Tate, but not both. I loved comics as a kid and got back into reading and collecting them during the Blackest Night. Currently most of the titles I'm reading are DC, but I've been looking to pick up some good Marvels aside from the Deadpool stuff I follow. I've always read a lot of fantasy/sci-fi novels/series and have written some short stories of my own while working on some longer stuff. In the midst of that I'm also trying to write a few screenplays, and have some things I would love to turn into comics if I had any artistic talent at all.

So I'm mostly here to find some good titles to follow, and maybe connect with some artists/writers/cartoonists who would be interested in collaborating. Thanks for having me.

#6904 Posted by UngratefulNinja (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey, most people call me Toast so there's no real reason to bring up my government name. I always loved the artwork in comics as a kid and recently plunged into my assorted stack of vertigo/marvel/indie published comics and realized the stories are what make a comic amazing while the artwork should be a priority it is second to plot, dialogue, and character development. I'm currently reading mainly Marvel titles because I never could get too far into DC, vertigo notwithstanding, something about Marvel- the characters, the back-stories, something about the atmosphere of Marvel suits my taste. The reason I dove back into the comic world is due to writing an anti-hero story for fun and wanted some inspiration. Hellblazer, Ghost Rider, Transmetropolitan, and Deadpool are what I've been reading but I'm always interested in other story lines. I'm here for research and seeing what else is out there.

My absence from the comic world has led to unbelievable ignorance to everything that's not Batman and Spiderman lore so I'm always interested in reading and learning more about my favorite characters and others that I've never heard of.

#6905 Posted by JetiiMitra (9153 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm Mitran. Some of my favorite things are Spider-man, Superman, and Star Wars, though I'm interested in more than that. Right now all I'm really following consistently (due to money and yeah, interesting stories) are Scarlet Spider, Nightwing, and possibly Superman/Batman by Pak, if I like where it's going. However, I love reading about what's happening in the greater universes of Marvel and DC, so I'll read wikis and reviews, spoilers, anything to find out what's happening in each nook of the respective companies. I found CV by actively looking for a website with a good battle forum, and though I found CV a few years ago I never made an account. Now I've got one, and am looking forward to a good time on the vine!

#6906 Posted by Rossnrachel4ever (82 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi! My name? Not important. I'm from Texas. I'm in my thirties, or my dirties as Brian Posehn might say. I am male and I like women and I don't think it matters who you love. I love comics, movies, novels, television, anime, music of all kinds, red wine, hummus, ribs, and mmmmmmm...

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiibs... glahhhhhhhhhh. Sorry. Not even sure how I typed that. My favorite superheroes are Superman, Batman, Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Spider-Man, the Fantastic Four, 1980's era X-Men and many others. My favorite novel is probably Dune, but that's hard to say. My favorite movies are Back to the Future, Yojimbo, Animal House, RoboCop, Alien, Star Wars(1977), Jaws, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, Anchorman, Tombstone, Akira, Spirited Away, and many more. More or less I'm a mild mannered guy that likes stories. Glad to be here.

#6907 Posted by The_Absolute (914 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi!. I'm not new, but I'm back. Back into the books of comics, as well as the vine. Much has changed. I am increasingly interested to see what has stayed the same.

#6908 Posted by Smallville2106 (95 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi,

I'm new, my name is Dean. I am Primarily a DC fan and love all things Superman. Also loving Aquaman at the moment. I have just ordered quite a few Spiderman and Hulk so trades so looking forward to getting into the Marvel Universe slowly but surely.

Slowly working through the Walking Dead trades too which is brilliant.

Anyway 'Hello' to everyone!!

#6909 Posted by Ironman916 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

what up im new

like dc,marvel, and some anime not alot

favorite characters

dr.fate

dr.strange

and more

#6910 Posted by Gamora616 (13 posts) - - Show Bio

The name's Gamora, but you can call me Gamora: The Deadliest Woman in the Galaxy.

#6911 Posted by batpala (342 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi, I'm Bee. I'm Australian and my favourite character is dead. I'm technically not new since I had an account around five years account, but I've forgotten the email and password for it so I'm locked out. But hi, it's great to be back.

#6912 Posted by r3tr0_gam3r (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi all, my name is Lewis and I am a fan of British comics, especially anything by DC Thomson (though I also enjoy some of the Fleetway/IPC work). I found ComicVine by accident. I recently started a project on random facts about some of my favourite comics (and some I haven't read), such as start/end dates, first and last covers, cover stars etc. I was googling for some information and came across the site. It has been very helpful!

#6914 Posted by Wonkiestdonkey (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey, I'm new here and relatively we to comics. I read the dark tower graphic novels because I grew up reading Stephen King. I loved those and then Read American Vampire.

Recently I went in to a comic shop looking for Robocop and I was happy to find that a new series Last Stand just started. While there they sold me on crossed and y the last man. And I've been reading saga and ghosted since as well

#6915 Posted by Agent_Of_Chaos_23 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi everyone!!! My name is Joshua and I'm new to CV. I'm a huge fan of Captain America. I started reading comics seriously around the time Ed Brubaker did his first issue of Captain America Volume 5. I was a lot younger than I am now. Haha. I'm incredibly friendly. You will probably see me around this site for a long time. :D

#6916 Posted by Mighty_Destroyer (74 posts) - - Show Bio

Im not really new here but I was a frequenter of the site but kinda fell out of reading comics back around 2009. Looking to start up again.

#6917 Posted by CariadCwtch (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey all, I'm Gem. Currently living in Israel but I was born back in Wales...and before anyone asks, I don't like sheep :P I'm a writer for a living and adore pretty much all comics. Not sure what else to say so I'll finish this up now :)

#6918 Posted by HigorM (5321 posts) - - Show Bio
#6919 Edited by JuliusTakalua (337 posts) - - Show Bio

huh, I never knew. I'm not that new anymore (been few months since I joined)

But I guess I'll do this too..

Hello everyone, I'm JuliusTakalua and I started reading comics eversince I was stunned byt THe Dark Knight back in 2008. Read a few books since then, read more then got caught up in a whole new culture. Comics.

I found out Vine through battle threads and Wiki... Got great info and great people to insult each other with over battles (lol jks, but I like the battle threads a lot, interesting stuff). Decided to join because of teh community. Seems like a great one and if you need some comic book info, you can get it here from the wikis and the people. I'm more of a DC fan but when I wanted to try out Marvel, I got a a lot of help from fellow Viners since Marvel is very complicated and hard to follow for new comers.

If you know me, you would know that my favorite characters are Batman, Batman, Batman, Thor, Orion, Superman, Wonder Woman, and Daredevil (I don't write about DD a lot but he's a fave). And again, with the help of The Vine, I'm catching up on GL, Flash, and X-men.

In real life not a lot of people know that I really like comics. And it's nice to express a few stuff about comics somewhere and The Vine is the place.

To all fellow newbies and not so newbies, THe Vine is perfect for all comicbook fans. Share views, ideas, and opinions all in The Vine. If you are currently also a newbie to comics like I was back when I first started, this is the place to get great comicbook knowledge.

#6920 Posted by JuliusTakalua (337 posts) - - Show Bio

BTW, how can I start a creat my own cahracter topic?

#6921 Posted by CariadCwtch (2 posts) - - Show Bio
#6922 Edited by Darling_Luna (7287 posts) - - Show Bio

Bye.

#6923 Posted by milkylame (22 posts) - - Show Bio

Greetings just joined couple of days ago

#6924 Posted by grenade728 (754 posts) - - Show Bio
#6925 Posted by wannabe_a_vigilante (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Hello humans! I'm kind of new to the comic world, and in my country they are really few places where you can find -and there aren't many either-, so I want to learn more. Any way I prefer DC comics, and if there are anyone up to couch me or advice me in what to read I would be really thankful! And my first language isn't English so sorry for my grammar, I would be happy if you point any errors in my writing so I can improve. And I am really chatty so be careful, lol.

#6926 Edited by wildvine (10422 posts) - - Show Bio
#6927 Posted by frangipan (138 posts) - - Show Bio

hi everyone just joined few days ago

#6928 Posted by Mmollle (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Hello peeps!

Im new here, for the last 10 minutes i tried to reply to this thread but it didnt work until I got the idea to check my mail for some kind of activation mail and yeah. There it was. Enough about that...

Im a 16 year old guy from Sweden. When I was smaller i read a lot of The Phantom, I got boxes from my cousin with probably about 300 comic books but now I havent read any comic books at all for a long while. I just started getting interested in it again but I dont know what to read. I thought of Batman but I dont know which Batman comic book I should start with either.

I would be happy to recieve advice about which comic books I should read, because I dont have a clue, thanks! :)

#6929 Edited by MJArts (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi! I'm Mickaël. 18. From France :)

#6930 Edited by Rankorr25 (69 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi, this is my first post and I'm a huge DC fan :)

#6931 Posted by JoeC_Mommy (183 posts) - - Show Bio

Howdy from Aggieland (yes, the home of Johnny Football). I'm JoeC_Mommy. As this username suggests, I'm mother to a boy named Joe. Each and every day with him is an adventure.

Issue to issue, I read All-New X-Men, Fantastic Four, FF, Hawkeye, and Justice League; in trades, I follow Batman and Wonder Woman. Of these, I've enjoyed FF the most because I think Bentley 23 and the Moloids are hysterical.

I found ComicVine through its channel on Roku. I liked the content that I found there, so I started to listen to its podcasts. (I listen to a number of comic-book podcasts while I clean house, starved to hear the voice of another adult who isn't on Sesame Street.)

I joined Comic Vine so that I could talk about comic books to someone other than my husband, who rarely reads them. Gig 'em.

#6932 Posted by The Poet (8646 posts) - - Show Bio

@joec_mommy: Welcome to comic vine! that reminds me that I have been meaning to pick up trades for FF. I admittedly haven't have the pleasure, but I'll catch up one of these days...

Hi, this is my first post and I'm a huge DC fan :)

greetings! I'm sure you'll fit in just fine

@mjarts said:

Hi! I'm Mickaël. 18. From France :)

oo! france! that's cool.

#6933 Edited by The Poet (8646 posts) - - Show Bio

@mmollle said:

Hello peeps!

Im new here, for the last 10 minutes i tried to reply to this thread but it didnt work until I got the idea to check my mail for some kind of activation mail and yeah. There it was. Enough about that...

Im a 16 year old guy from Sweden. When I was smaller i read a lot of The Phantom, I got boxes from my cousin with probably about 300 comic books but now I havent read any comic books at all for a long while. I just started getting interested in it again but I dont know what to read. I thought of Batman but I dont know which Batman comic book I should start with either.

I would be happy to recieve advice about which comic books I should read, because I dont have a clue, thanks! :)

Welcome to CV! So would you want a current ongoing series or would you want stuff you can pick in trade paperback form? What would you be interested in?

If you have any questions feel free to ask (either here or private message me). Always happy to help.

hi everyone just joined few days ago

Hi! I'm The Poet, one of the mods on the site. Happy to meet your acquaintance.

Hello humans! I'm kind of new to the comic world, and in my country they are really few places where you can find -and there aren't many either-, so I want to learn more. Any way I prefer DC comics, and if there are anyone up to couch me or advice me in what to read I would be really thankful! And my first language isn't English so sorry for my grammar, I would be happy if you point any errors in my writing so I can improve. And I am really chatty so be careful, lol.

wait! we're humans? like I said above, I am happy to help you find a series you might be interested in reading so reply me or pm me and we can try to find a series that suits you.

Greetings just joined couple of days ago

Greetings! I joined a couple years ago :P Hope you enjoy the site.

#6934 Posted by The Poet (8646 posts) - - Show Bio

huh, I never knew. I'm not that new anymore (been few months since I joined)

But I guess I'll do this too..

Hello everyone, I'm JuliusTakalua and I started reading comics eversince I was stunned byt THe Dark Knight back in 2008. Read a few books since then, read more then got caught up in a whole new culture. Comics.

I found out Vine through battle threads and Wiki... Got great info and great people to insult each other with over battles (lol jks, but I like the battle threads a lot, interesting stuff). Decided to join because of teh community. Seems like a great one and if you need some comic book info, you can get it here from the wikis and the people. I'm more of a DC fan but when I wanted to try out Marvel, I got a a lot of help from fellow Viners since Marvel is very complicated and hard to follow for new comers.

If you know me, you would know that my favorite characters are Batman, Batman, Batman, Thor, Orion, Superman, Wonder Woman, and Daredevil (I don't write about DD a lot but he's a fave). And again, with the help of The Vine, I'm catching up on GL, Flash, and X-men.

In real life not a lot of people know that I really like comics. And it's nice to express a few stuff about comics somewhere and The Vine is the place.

To all fellow newbies and not so newbies, THe Vine is perfect for all comicbook fans. Share views, ideas, and opinions all in The Vine. If you are currently also a newbie to comics like I was back when I first started, this is the place to get great comicbook knowledge.

It could be worse...I don't think I ever introduced myself @teop_eht did, but I haven't. but i digress

welcome-ish!

BTW, how can I start a creat my own cahracter topic?

It's been a little bit since you posted this so I have to ask: do you stil need help or have you figured it out. Know that I am always happy to help if you need it.

#6935 Posted by ComicBunny (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi. Just found this site. I enjoy comics but haven't gotten to much into them. I have an interest but whenever i try to read them it hurts my eyes. i prefer reading novels, and other things with less pictures, though I know that's an important aspect of comics :p I do really enjoy the characters and adventures they have though. X-men is my favorite. As well as avengers and Thor. Some of my favorite characters are Rogue, Scarlet Witch, and Colossus . Nightcrawler(hes so adorable). the Valkyrior and Valkyrie. Loki. Hela, her background is kind of interesting. I usually lean more toward the marvel characters.

#6936 Posted by loseup (351 posts) - - Show Bio

hey.

#6937 Posted by Deathstroke02 (3284 posts) - - Show Bio

Greetings! I'm David, and I'm fairly new in ComicVine, I love DC Comics and Marvel, but I prefer. Batman is my favorite superhero. I also like Spawn, but I mostly like villains. My favorite ones are The Joker, Darkseid, Deathstroke, Thanos, and Apocalypse.

Well, that's basically everything I have to say...

Hi

#6938 Posted by batman922 (290 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey fellow fans I`m new here and just wanted to say hello. I have been collecting for about a year and my pull list is way to long to list lol. Looking forward to some great discussions on here.

#6939 Posted by nobodyisemo (417 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi, I got into comics 3 or 4 months ago, My first read was The Long Halloween ( I had no idea it was a revered batman comic), I picked it up on a whim from my local library and frankly, I was disappointed. But, the next week, I returned and I got The Black Mirror, and that was what truly got me into comics, anyways, hello everybody.

#6940 Posted by SoftMachineOo (148 posts) - - Show Bio

hello to everyone. i am kind of new over here :)

#6941 Posted by DecoyElite (4021 posts) - - Show Bio

hello to everyone. i am kind of new over here :)

With 81 posts? :P

Welcome anyway.

#6942 Posted by Pipxeroth (534 posts) - - Show Bio

I am also new but i didn't know there was a thread like this :P

I love Doctor Doom, and Hulk, and Bane, and Batman of course.

I am awful at debating, i have barely any cannon comics, I suck at providing reasoning, i don't have any scans, up until a month ago I didn't know Dr Doom was a sorceror, i thought bane was super strong (it was Batman & Robin's fault ok!?) and i hate, like HAAATTTTE superman and thor. The can all go suck big fat throbbing-

Anyway, I was browsing comic vine for a while before i made my account after i accidentally found it when i was googling hulk vs wolverine or something. I am the only person i know with any comic book/superhero knowledge, so i am sort of an outcast in that respect. I would spen hours thinking who would win in fights etc etc and then i found this website and i was all like :DDDDD

I tend to get carried away with my typing so i'm gonna save everyone by saying,

/post

- Pip

p.s. i am curious as to why people like King Saturn type like this all the time... etc. Got nothing against it, just curious.

Ok for real now, Pip out.

#6943 Edited by kotetsu454 (262 posts) - - Show Bio

Hello hello. My name is whatever variation of my screen name you feel like calling me. I am very much a Marvel comics fan over that of DC, though to some degree i am warming up to a little of DC. Spiderman was easily one of my early favorite superheroes. Grew to love stuff like the Avengers, the Punisher, Batman, so on and so forth.

Am also a huge anime and manga fan, arguably more than i am a fan of western comics. Currently reading Ultimo manga which Stan Lee is partially responsible for.

Found the site by googling ideas I had for character battles and this websites battle forum consistently came up.

#6944 Edited by MrWisp (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi everyone. I'm a long-time fan of the site, and finally decided to take the plunge and sign up. I'm primarily a DC fan, trying desperately to deal with the New 52. I also enjoy turning anyone I can onto Fables.

I'm not used to forums, so I'm sure I'll be asking for help at some point, but at the very least, I promise not to post spoilers. :)

#6945 Edited by The Poet (8646 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrwisp said:

Hi everyone. I'm a long-time fan of the site, and finally decided to take the plunge and sign up. I'm primarily a DC fan, trying desperately to deal with the New 52. I also enjoy turning anyone I can onto Fables.

I'm not used to forums, so I'm sure I'll be asking for help at some point, but at the very least, I promise not to post spoilers. :)

Welcome. Feel free to pm me if you find you have any questions about our forum or rest of the site.

Hello hello. My name is whatever variation of my screen name you feel like calling me. I am very much a Marvel comics fan over that of DC, though to some degree i am warming up to a little of DC. Spiderman was easily one of my early favorite superheroes. Grew to love stuff like the Avengers, the Punisher, Batman, so on and so forth.

Am also a huge anime and manga fan, arguably more than i am a fan of western comics. Currently reading Ultimo manga which Stan Lee is partially responsible for.

Found the site by googling ideas I had for character battles and this websites battle forum consistently came up.

Greetings! Hope you enjoy the site.

I am also new but i didn't know there was a thread like this :P

I love Doctor Doom, and Hulk, and Bane, and Batman of course.

I am awful at debating, i have barely any cannon comics, I suck at providing reasoning, i don't have any scans, up until a month ago I didn't know Dr Doom was a sorceror, i thought bane was super strong (it was Batman & Robin's fault ok!?) and i hate, like HAAATTTTE superman and thor. The can all go suck big fat throbbing-

Anyway, I was browsing comic vine for a while before i made my account after i accidentally found it when i was googling hulk vs wolverine or something. I am the only person i know with any comic book/superhero knowledge, so i am sort of an outcast in that respect. I would spen hours thinking who would win in fights etc etc and then i found this website and i was all like :DDDDD

I tend to get carried away with my typing so i'm gonna save everyone by saying,

/post

- Pip

p.s. i am curious as to why people like King Saturn type like this all the time...etc. Got nothing against it, just curious.

Ok for real now, Pip out.

hello. I guess the answer to you question is they just like to be different I'm really not sure :P

#6946 Posted by Cooldes (4232 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_poet: hey am i allowed to post in here? i'm only like a month or two in .-.

if so, hey everyone! ^-^ my name's Dakarai(weird i know) and i LOVE marvel comics, but when it comes to a debate, i have way more knowledge on Anime and cartoons :D

i'm currently 17 in highschool, and i'm good friends with my homie @FlashGreaterSighEveryone (Who for some odd reason loves DC).

but yeah hello everyone and i hope to have lots of fun here in the future n-n

#6947 Posted by YourNeighborhoodFriendlyPeterParker (2 posts) - - Show Bio

I am Peter Parker, aka the Amazing Spider Man!

I recently discovered this site, and I decided that when I'm not battling foes like Green Goblin and Sandman, I'll come here and post blogs and all that.

I hope I have fun on this site.

#6949 Posted by Dernman (16865 posts) - - Show Bio

I recently discovered this site, and I decided that when I'm not battling foes like Green Goblin and Sandman, I'll come here and post blogs and all that.

You don't fool me Doc Ock. You'll never get away with it..........

#6950 Posted by YourNeighborhoodFriendlyPeterParker (2 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:

@yourneighborhoodfriendlypeterp said:

You don't fool me Doc Ock. You'll never get away with it..........

No! I'm Peter Parker! Besides, I hate Superior Spider-Man....