The Official Character Spite Thread

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By InnerVenom123

Harley Quinn - Your origin makes no sense ("I talked to The Joker about three times and I just went CRAZY IN LOVE FOR THE GUY, YKNOW?!" - No. That's not how love OR insanity work. That's just stupidity and being a slut.) 

Avatar image for apatheticavenger
ApatheticAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -3

#52  Edited By ApatheticAvenger

@InnerVenom123: LMAO

No Caption Provided
Battlepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Battlepig
@Thorion88 said:
Deadpool, Wolverine, Wonder Woman, Harley Quinn, Namor, & Storm are already covered for me.

Doomsday: Where to begin with this big pile of F'ing fail. You only have one note-worthy appearance, "killing" Superman, and you even failed at doing that. Your a extreme 90's version of Abomination, minus all the character. Your stories are PIS, CIS, WIS fests, your a stain on the comics industry and Superman's mythos as a whole. Also Cyborg Superman owns your @$$ any day of the week. 

What do PIS CIS and WIS mean?
_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By _Zombie_
@0xymoron
I doubt people are going to get all up in arms over it, there's been several people naming Storm in this thread.
_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By _Zombie_
@Battlepig
PIS - Plot induced stupidity 
CIS - Character induced stupidity 
WIS - Writer induced stupidity
Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#56  Edited By Billy Batson

Hasn't this been done? 

BB

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#57  Edited By ReVamp
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
You know what's so awesome about Hal Jordan? Everything. I mean, the way he has no flaws, and that everything he's ever done wrong was actually just someone's fault. That like, Oliver Queen is responsible for everything Hal's done that's questionable. I mean, the way he can do anything, and the audience is told that he's the greatest Green Lantern of all time despite having no feats to support it. What about how he filibusters about how other heroes can be morally questionable, when he nuked the Corps? He's just so amazing in every way. Right, Geoff? That's right isn't it? Did I do good, Geoff?
Disagree. 
@SC said:
I hate Rogue. What a dumb looking, worthless piece of trash character. That happens to look like a drunken forty year old skunk. Nah ain't nah bady sound like that sugar in real like y'all naw. Then she whines so much. Boo hoo no one could touch you for how many years. She didn't put her first boyfriend in a coma because of her mutant powers, she put him in a coma with her annoying personality and stupid stare. Her power is sucking and so is her main personality characteristic. Why the hell is she hogging the spotlight in Legacy so much. She is a drain on Carey's great writing and a drain on society. They need to stop putting her with younger characters, otherwise some of her annoying might rub off on them. 

Like her, but agree. Haven't read Legacy though. 
stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By stumpy49er

I love this thread. Even when people rip on characters I love.
Need to ready myself for the Gambit hate. Already gotten the Batman hate.

Love the Wolverine hate. Even though I partially love the guy, I find myself hating how invulnerable he's gotten. And the fact that he's everywhere.
Also, I've always hated Namor. I just don't like him.
I kinda hate Jimmy Olsen too.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate Superman and I hate his fanboys even more. The writers think no one can defeat him (which isn't true)and write him that way. And what makes it even worse is that HIS FANBOYS THINK SO TOO. You should see the battle threads. Even if hes up against someone he has NO CHANCE against, some douche will say Supes wins. REALLY!? And hes overpowered as sh!t. Hes strong enough to move planets (which is scientifically impossible), fast enough to fly out of existence, and has heat vision thats hotter than the core of suns. Hes so overpowered, ts RIDICULOUS! I'm SO glad hes getting a reboot. Hes the most overpowered, overrated, character in existence. 

I hate Mac Gargan. He was the worst Venom ever. Don't believe me, read a comic with him as Venom, then talk to me.  

Cervantes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#60  Edited By Cervantes

Squirrel Girl. This is a great concept for HUMOR COMICS, but to have her in continuty making jokes of major characters gets a laugh that isn't worth the damage to their legacies. 
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#61  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Musedp said:
Wolverine is so badly OVER EXPOSED!! its becoming a joke! i dont hate him..im just sick of him..seriously he should just disappear for a while! kill him and rip him apart and send each part to different corners of earth...they cant put him back together later but at least for the next year minimum he's no where to be seen! P.S We get it.. he's a bad ass! would it kill him to crack a smile every once in a while? its almost as if they're trying too hard to keep him so stoned face. he's boring!
I never got why overexposure was people's reason for not liking Wolverine.You know you don't have to read every book he's in right? And is he anymore "overexposed" than Spider-Man,Thor,or Hulk at this point?
Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#63  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
You know what's so awesome about Hal Jordan? Everything. I mean, the way he has no flaws, and that everything he's ever done wrong was actually just someone's fault. That like, Oliver Queen is responsible for everything Hal's done that's questionable. I mean, the way he can do anything, and the audience is told that he's the greatest Green Lantern of all time despite having no feats to support it. What about how he filibusters about how other heroes can be morally questionable, when he nuked the Corps? He's just so amazing in every way. Right, Geoff? That's right isn't it? Did I do good, Geoff?
whoever said that Ollie ws responsible for them? i've heard people say that  
Hal's time with Ollie might have influenced Hal slightly but i've never heard anyone say Ollie was RESPONSIBLE for Hal's mistakes
Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#64  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@Avenging-X-Bolt said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
whoever said that Ollie ws responsible for them? i've heard people say that  Hal's time with Ollie might have influenced Hal slightly but i've never heard anyone say Ollie was RESPONSIBLE for Hal's mistakes
It was in a GL issue, Johns (through Barry) says that Ollie was responsible for Hal's wayward youth and that he was a bad influence. It's the issue where Barry becomes Parallax. 
Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#65  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@Avenging-X-Bolt said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
whoever said that Ollie ws responsible for them? i've heard people say that  Hal's time with Ollie might have influenced Hal slightly but i've never heard anyone say Ollie was RESPONSIBLE for Hal's mistakes
It was in a GL issue, Johns (through Barry) says that Ollie was responsible for Hal's wayward youth and that he was a bad influence. It's the issue where Barry becomes Parallax. 
oh...lol well there we go, we all know Barry's never been fond of Ollie
Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By GrandSymbiote94
@RainEffect said:
Because we all need to let off some steam about certain characters.  I'll start. I hate Deadpool. I don't know what people see in him. The fourth wall breaking thing is an incredibly annoying gag. They've essentially made this character with an awesome name, then realised he is too similar to Wolverine and so they've decided to make him as opposite as Wolverine as possible. He's just plain annoying. If he is featuring in a favourite series in mine, I struggle to read it.

To be fair I consider Deadpool one of those characters that have been misused and abused. When he first started he was actaully kinda cool for real.
RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#67  Edited By RainEffect

I can't stand Selina Kyle. I like the idea of Catwoman and the whole flirting with Batman thing, but in a lot of the comics I own, she's ridiculously angsty. She's supposed to be fiercely independent, right? Well why the hell is she constantly moping after Bruce in the Hush arc? She's incredibly annoying in almost all of the comics I've read that feature her (she's tolerable in Gotham City Sirens) but beyond that, I groan in pain whenever she's all like "Don't you try and help me Bruce, I'm a BIG GIRL". Right, you don't need to say that you're a big girl. Just pick yourself off the ground and kick Harley in the face for shooting you, savvy?

On a side note: Team Talia all the way.

Oh yeah ... he's resorting to sh!tty little game likes that.

Suiken_Seiji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Suiken_Seiji

Superboy Prime. 

He reminds of some kid who kick and screams and hits people when they don't get what they want. To make it worse, he's even arrogant and ignorant of it all. Maybe it's because I don't like spoiled brats, and he reminds me of one, just with ridiculous level of powers which makes him be able to get away with more than half the things he says and does. 

He's the only character I have a problem with, other characters are more along due to their fans that 

Musedp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Musedp
@Vance Astro: thats the problem..if i stopped reading comics he appeared in then i' be reading DC (shudder)...anyway overexposure is the reason why alot of things become boring, not just comic book characters.
council elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By council elite

i hate any & all DC characters! i hate DC comics in general.
obviously excluding anything written by Alan Moore, cause he's awesome.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Timandm

Tony Freaking Stark sucks a whole galaxy of cosmic goats....

He's Doom-Lite....

He knowingly broke laws to arrest heroes...
He lied to children telling them they could be arrested for something that MIGHT become a law...
He took away powers from FRIENDS AND ALLIES...  He took She-Hulk's power like an hour after he slept with her?  WTF?
He build a prison in the negative zone so that the prisoners would be outside the jurisdiction of the U.S. government and he'd be able to treat the prisoners any way he wanted to... He SAID THIS...
He had Spider-man tracked down and beaten even though Spider-Man had broken NO LAWS whatsoever.  Spider-Man registered and was perfectly legal.. Stark ordered Spider-Man arrested because he 'moved out of Avengers Towers.'  No, I"m not making that up...

Victor Von Doom has more honor than Tony Stark...

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#72  Edited By PowerHerc

Lobo - Sucks.

Gambit - Sucks.

Cyclops - Sucks.

Black Panther - Sucks.

Jimmy Olsen - Sucks.

Lilandra - Sucks.

Red Tornado - Sucks.

Bishop - Sucks.

Mojo - Sucks.

Jubilee - Sucks.

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By stumpy49er
@venomoushatred1001 said:
  I hate Mac Gargan. He was the worst Venom ever. Don't believe me, read a comic with him as Venom, then talk to me.   
I only hate him as Venom. Eddie Brock will always be Venom to me.
Mac Gargan as Scorpion on the other hand, is my all time favorite Spidey villain.
cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#74  Edited By cody1984

Captain America was propaganda when he was created and its disgusting that Stan Lee brought the character back from the dead. Marvel having a fictional character taking all the glory for WW2 s***s on everyone who in real life fought in WW2 even though the as***** in the comics only fought in the European theater and not the Pacific theater (ignoring the Japanese even though their attack caused the U.S. to enter WW2) marvel tries to claim he won WW2. Just the name Captain America is revolting. With him supposed to be representing America and Americans which is impossible to represent since their is over 300 million Americans is a disgrace.

Anyway this scan sums up my feelings about Captain America.

No Caption Provided
RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By RisingBean
@cody1984: The problem with your scan is that Captain America did fight in World War Two, and he serves as an inspiration to more then one generation of heroes (and a lot of readers.)  I think Stan Lee did the right thing bringing him back so modern audiences can enjoy the character.  The best part is that Cap is here to stay!  

Avengers in 2012!
RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#76  Edited By RainEffect
@PowerHerc said:

Lobo - Sucks.

Gambit - Sucks.

Cyclops - Sucks.

Black Panther - Sucks.

Jimmy Olsen - Sucks.

Lilandra - Sucks.

Red Tornado - Sucks.

Bishop - Sucks.

Mojo - Sucks.

Jubilee - Sucks.

Are we related? I agree with everyone on that list. Especially Jubilee and Bishop.

@venomoushatred1001 said:
I hate Superman and I hate his fanboys even more. The writers think no one can defeat him (which isn't true)and write him that way. And what makes it even worse is that HIS FANBOYS THINK SO TOO. You should see the battle threads. Even if hes up against someone he has NO CHANCE against, some douche will say Supes wins. REALLY!? And hes overpowered as sh!t. Hes strong enough to move planets (which is scientifically impossible), fast enough to fly out of existence, and has heat vision thats hotter than the core of suns. Hes so overpowered, ts RIDICULOUS! I'm SO glad hes getting a reboot. Hes the most overpowered, overrated, character in existence.  I hate Mac Gargan. He was the worst Venom ever. Don't believe me, read a comic with him as Venom, then talk to me.   

You, sir, are a gentleman. 
I also hate Mac, because I will never forget him being in that ridiculous looking Scorpion suit. Also, Mac, being a cannibal doesn't make you cool, buddy.  

@Billy Batson said:

Hasn't this been done? 

BB

Er ... find out yourself?
Avatar image for higher_evolutionary
higher_evolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@PowerHerc said:

Lobo - Sucks.

Gambit - Sucks.

Cyclops - Sucks.

Black Panther - Sucks.

Jimmy Olsen - Sucks.

Lilandra - Sucks.

Red Tornado - Sucks.

Bishop - Sucks.

Mojo - Sucks.

Jubilee - Sucks.

this, cept for black panther he is awesome but has horrible comics
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#78  Edited By InnerVenom123
@venomoushatred1001: Mac Gargan felt threatened by Bullseye. Worst character ever. He's great as Scorpion though. 
cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By cody1984

@RisingBean said:

@cody1984: The problem with your scan is that Captain America did fight in World War Two, and he serves as an inspiration to more then one generation of heroes (and a lot of readers.) I think Stan Lee did the right thing bringing him back so modern audiences can enjoy the character. The best part is that Cap is here to stay! Avengers in 2012!

Did you even read what I wrote? I wrote that as a fictional character trying to lay claim to winning WW2 is a disgrace to those who actually fought in WW2. In other words the concept of the Captain America character is an insult to those who in the real world have actually fought in WW2. Not to mention the name Captain America which claims to representative Americans which is impossible for one man to represent over 300 million people. This was actually talked about in the civil war frontline comic (the only good one in the series) where the one female reporter gave Captain America a ton of shit since he was so out of touch with Americans. Stan Lee was a douchebag bringing this propaganda character back from the grave and Garth Ennis was spot on in his view of Captain America like the scan shows.

No Caption Provided
RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By RisingBean

I disagree it is an insult to vets. As a vet of our most current war, I don't take offense when Hollywood's current heroes use it as part of their origins. It's a fictional world. Superman and his ilk were involved in WW2 to a lesser degree so your argument should extend to them. As it is I don't think that mixing reality and fiction is bad. What I was responding to in particular was the point you were making with the image. Captain America did indeed fight in the Marvel U's WW2. Your image tries to insinuate he did not.  

Why can't Cap claim to represent all Americans? Is it a racial thing? Is it a matter of perspective? Cap claims to represent the American dream, something anybody can buy into if they wish. That is what Captain America claims to represent. He isn't taking credit for the drug dealers or the mass murderers or the extremists. He represents the desire for life, liberty and pursuit of happiness.  

What made me angry was your view that Stan Lee is a "douchebag" because he did something that you don't like. That is small minded thinking. That is why so many of us have issues that we do. Because anything we do not agree with is "bad." It isn't so much that you disagree with his decision, you take it a step further and make it personal. it's worth a title that is rude and disrespectful. And odds are at the end of the day, Garth Ennis will be considered a "douchebag" by more people then Stan Lee.  

As it is, hate all you want. That is what the thread is for. Just be a little bit more respectful about it, huh? Calling Lee a D-bag took it a bit too far.  

And seeing as how I entered the thread, now I am gonna have to actually participate. Next time, somebody I can't stand.

cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By cody1984

@RisingBean: It's a fictional world that is taking a s*** on a major event that reshaped the real world. Captain America killing Hitler and all the other nonsense is disrespectful to those who actually fought in WW2. This isn't someone like Frank Castle who was one man in Vietnam who never claimed to represent every American who fought in Vietnam. As an Iraq War Veteran who was in the 10th Mountain Division who did a tour in Iraq from the August 2005 to July 2006 I can't find fault with a character like the Punisher since the character doesn't try to represent anyone but himself or claim that his actions won or lost the Vietnam War. If the character was just Steve Rogers and stopped the Nazis from developing advanced super soldiers I wouldn't care. Him killing Hitler and claiming credit for winning WW2 I find appalling.

The reason why Captain America can't claim to represent all Americans is because it's literally is impossible to do so. You can use whatever category you want. The whole American Dream argument also doesn't match what is written about the character either and people have different views of what the American dream is besides buying a home with a white picket fence. Some would rather have a condo in a city or live out way out in the country in isolation for the quiet. He also doesn't represent life, liberty, or the pursuit of happiness. His actions in the civil war comics were obviously opposed to that since he risks many peoples lives against the will of the public for something that the majority of Americans were against.

Sorry, but Stan Lee is an absolute douchebag for bringing a character that was designed as propaganda back from the grave. Its disrespectful for those who fought in the Battle of Britain, Stalingrad, Midway, etc. I can't respect a character whose concept is so disrespectful and the man who brought that character back from the dead. I also did not say Stan Lee deserved violence committed on him for doing so. That would be an example of taking things to far which other users have done on here. However, stating my beliefs about the man is not taking things to far.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Musedp said:

@Vance Astro: thats the problem..if i stopped reading comics he appeared in then i' be reading DC (shudder)...anyway overexposure is the reason why alot of things become boring, not just comic book characters.

Right, but Wolverine isn't always the focal point of those books.I absolutely hate Luke Cage but I don't complain about Thunderbolts or New Avengers because the book isn't about HIM.He's not ALWAYS the character getting all of the spotlight.I don't believe "overexposure" has anything to do with why characters get boring because if that was the case.Marvel would not be one of the top comic publishers, most of their A-list characters would be stale by now because most of those heroes appear in a bunch of books as well as their own.I'm not trying to change your opinion i'm just saying, Wolverine isn't the only character who gets alot of exposure.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@cody1984 said:

Sorry, but Stan Lee is an absolute douchebag for bringing a character that was designed as propaganda back from the grave. Its disrespectful for those who fought in the Battle of Britain, Stalingrad, Midway, etc. I can't respect a character whose concept is so disrespectful and the man who brought that character back from the dead. I also did not say Stan Lee deserved violence committed on him for doing so. That would be an example of taking things to far which other users have done on here. However, stating my beliefs about the man is not taking things to far.

How is the creation of Captain America disrespectful to actual soldiers?
cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By cody1984

@Vance Astro said:

@cody1984 said:

How is the creation of Captain America disrespectful to actual soldiers?

Maybe if you would've actually read what I wrote you would understand instead of having to ask a question I've already answered previously.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By ReVamp
@cody1984 said:

@RisingBean: It's a fictional world that is taking a s*** on a major event that reshaped the real world. Captain America killing Hitler and all the other nonsense is disrespectful to those who actually fought in WW2. This isn't someone like Frank Castle who was one man in Vietnam who never claimed to represent every American who fought in Vietnam. As an Iraq War Veteran who was in the 10th Mountain Division who did a tour in Iraq from the August 2005 to July 2006 I can't find fault with a character like the Punisher since the character doesn't try to represent anyone but himself or claim that his actions won or lost the Vietnam War. If the character was just Steve Rogers and stopped the Nazis from developing advanced super soldiers I wouldn't care. Him killing Hitler and claiming credit for winning WW2 I find appalling.

The reason why Captain America can't claim to represent all Americans is because it's literally is impossible to do so. You can use whatever category you want. The whole American Dream argument also doesn't match what is written about the character either and people have different views of what the American dream is besides buying a home with a white picket fence. Some would rather have a condo in a city or live out way out in the country in isolation for the quiet. He also doesn't represent life, liberty, or the pursuit of happiness. His actions in the civil war comics were obviously opposed to that since he risks many peoples lives against the will of the public for something that the majority of Americans were against.

Not true.
cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By cody1984

@ReVamp said:

@cody1984 said:

Not true.

Explain. Don't just state it's "not true" explain why its not.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By RisingBean

Captain America didn't kill Hitler...The android Human Torch did iirc.  As per what is bugging you, it seems like it is the mixture of being a vet AND being a source of inspiration. Just because Cap happened to be in WW2, he didn't change too much. He pretty much took on the various four color villains who showed up during the time. At any rate a Super Soldier would have impact on the war. I don't believe Cap has insinuated that he single handedly won the war. And he didn't.  A Q. Would it be more respectful to pretend WW2 never happened in the Marvel U? to gloss over the courage of those men and women who fought on the front lines and at home, or to add a character to that tapestry? Based on your line of thought, it would be disrespectful to have books where Batman beats up robbers, muggers and killers because somebody someplace has had a robber rob their apartment, a mugger steal their wallet or a killer kill a family member. 

As per Cap and the American dream. The picket fence and the like is Steve Roger's dream like that of many others. It'd be in worse taste to give up hope, say that the dream is too detailed and kill it. Provided your American dream isn't stomping on the dreams of other's then it is a good bet that they can coexist. And don't confuse Cap's dream with Rogers. Cap wants everybody to get what they deserve. Steve want's the girl, the family and the other stuff you'd expect. As per Civil War (and man do I hate that farce of a event.) Steve was doing what was right, even if it was not popular. Stark was the one destroying liberties.  

As per Stan Lee, he didn't do it for purposes of propaganda. he brought a beloved and rich character into the modern era. He didn't do it to incite violence or douchebaggery. He did it to add to the rich world of the Marvel U. As per taking things too far, calling him names is what I thought went a bit overboard. But you're right. You do have the right to say what you wish. I might even go overboard if Jeph Loeb is brought up. Got to love America for her freedoms.  

And as promised a character I despise.   

I am not a big fan of Daken. I don't really get into clone or heritage characters in general and he is just an emo looking Wolverine lite with added powers. The fact that characters with healing factors shouldn't have tattoos is enough to drive me nuts on it's own. Gah.

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#88  Edited By Deadcool

... well... I don`t like Wolverine... I don't like what Marvel has done with the character, I liked him more when I was kid, but now... I lost the interest to the characters and I find all his fans annoying...

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By z3ro180

the fantastic four they are boring and for the lovweof god all they do is bitch about each other.The thing is the only good character in the fantastic four as well as franklin

cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By cody1984

@RisingBean said:

Captain America didn't kill Hitler...The android Human Torch did iirc. As per what is bugging you, it seems like it is the mixture of being a vet AND being a source of inspiration. Just because Cap happened to be in WW2, he didn't change too much. He pretty much took on the various four color villains who showed up during the time. At any rate a Super Soldier would have impact on the war. I don't believe Cap has insinuated that he single handedly won the war.

He stated "my ways defeated Hitler." He also has claimed to have killed Hitler during Dark Reign.

A Q. Would it be more respectful to pretend WW2 never happened in the Marvel U?

It would be more respectful just having a character Steve Rogers and not a character Captain America who served in WW2 and didn't try to claim credit for its outcome. Stating he served and that the combined forces of the allies won WW2.

to gloss over the courage of those men and women who fought on the front lines and at home, or to add a character to that tapestry?

I already answered this.

Based on your line of thought, it would be disrespectful to have books where Batman beats up robbers, muggers and killers because somebody someplace has had a robber rob their apartment, a mugger steal their wallet or a killer kill a family member.

I already covered this when I talked about the difference between the concept of Captain America and the Punisher. So you drawing this conclusion makes no sense.

As per Cap and the American dream. The picket fence and the like is Steve Roger's dream like that of many others.

Again, I already covered this.

It'd be in worse taste to give up hope, say that the dream is too detailed and kill it.

I never said anything about killing anyone's hopes or dreams.

And don't confuse Cap's dream with Rogers. Cap wants everybody to get what they deserve. Steve want's the girl, the family and the other stuff you'd expect. As per Civil War (and man do I hate that farce of a event.) Steve was doing what was right, even if it was not popular. Stark was the one destroying liberties.

He led a bunch of idiots who all they had to do was register with the government. I really fail to see the point they had since supes screwed up royally and have in the past many times and the American people wanted to crack down on them because of it. In marvel comics people register cars, firearms, have drivers licences, social security cards, etc. Them registering their powers makes absolute sense since many of them are walking WMDs. As far as Stark goes he was portrayed as an idiot during the civil war but the concept of a registration act made sense.

As per Stan Lee, he didn't do it for purposes of propaganda. he brought a beloved and rich character into the modern era.

The character got dropped because people grow tired of the character. Stan Lee even mentioned this before in an interview with Kevin Smith.

He didn't do it to incite violence or douchebaggery.

I stated he was a douchbag for doing so not that he did it to incite violence.

He did it to add to the rich world of the Marvel U. As per taking things too far, calling him names is what I thought went a bit overboard.

I didn't say he should be physically harmed for it and people get called names for doing something whether its popular, unpopular, or somewhere inbetween. That's a part of life so no I didn't go overboard at all.

Got to love America for her freedoms.

Indeed.

And as promised a character I despise. I am not a big fan of Daken. I don't really get into clone or heritage characters in general and he is just an emo looking Wolverine lite with added powers. The fact that characters with healing factors shouldn't have tattoos is enough to drive me nuts on it's own. Gah.

Agreed.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By ReVamp
@cody1984 said:

@ReVamp said:

Explain. Don't just state it's "not true" explain why its not.

I was going to, but didn't have time:
@cody1984 said:

1. He did?Where the hell you hear that? Captain America died in an explosions beofre the war ended. 
  2. He never claimed to represent every American
  3. He doesn't take credit to stop the war, LOL. He did make significant contributions in the MARVEL U though, but the war was won by the common soldier.
  4. Exactly. But he doesn't. 
  5. American Dream is an ideal. He fights to make it come as close to reality as possible.
  6. I disagree. He represents freedom, if not anything else.
  7. The majority of Americans weren't against it. You can't claim that. Just because the government was against it, doesn't mean the actual people were. Many a time people you'd see people who supported him. He didn't risk their lives and when he did, he understood that his freedom wasn't worth it.
  8. We can agree on the first part. LOL!
  9. No, that isn't why he's a douchebag.
  10. No, it isn't.
  11. Dude, when Captain America was Killed, it made the f**king US headlines. How the f**k is it disrespectful, when the people of the USA value the character so much. He stands for something more than any man could and just because you don't get the character it doesn't mean that the character itself is disrespectful. 
  12. What you're basically saying is that Captain America is bad, and that thought is just absurd. But if you could explain it with valid points, I'd be more than happy to answer back.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@cody1984 said:

Maybe if you would've actually read what I wrote you would understand instead of having to ask a question I've already answered previously.

The question was rhetorical.I just thought what you were saying was asinine and I couldn't think of a nice way to say it.
Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Chaos Prime

Deadpool & Wonder Woman i have no time for..

cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By cody1984

@ReVamp said:

He did?Where the hell you hear that? Captain America died in an explosions beofre the war ended.

During Dark Reign in one of the Avengers books. I Read it on Marvel Digital comics.

He never claimed to represent every American

The title Captain America does.

He doesn't take credit to stop the war, LOL. He did make significant contributions in the MARVEL U though, but the war was won by the common soldier.

In the second issue Punisher War Journal vol 2 he stated his ways stopped Hitler.

Exactly. But he doesn't.

Since you didn't break what you arguing with me down in quotes I'm not sure what your replying to here.

American Dream is an ideal. He fights to make it come as close to reality as possible.

How exactly?

I disagree. He represents freedom, if not anything else.

He represented disobeying the law during civil war and the reporter was right to give him s*** about it since he was not elected and was going against an act that was put in place since superheroes screwed up trying play cops and got a lot of innocent people killed.

The majority of Americans weren't against it. You can't claim that. Just because the government was against it, doesn't mean the actual people were. Many a time people you'd see people who supported him.

It was stated the bill passed with overwhelming majority and that most Americans approved of the registration act.

He didn't risk their lives and when he did, he understood that his freedom wasn't worth it.

He did when he turned New York City into his own war zone.

No, that isn't why he's a douchebag.

That is why he is to me.

No, it isn't.

Why not? Explain don't just state it's not.

Dude, when Captain America was Killed, it made the f**king US headlines. How the f**k is it disrespectful, when the people of the USA value the character so much. He stands for something more than any man could and just because you don't get the character it doesn't mean that the character itself is disrespectful.

How do I not get the character exactly? He was created as propaganda during WW2 to make money. He claimed to kill Hitler and that he won WW2 how the hell is that not disgusting?

What you're basically saying is that Captain America is bad, and that thought is just absurd.

I'm saying the concept is disgusting that is true. Yet I have seen no reason to believe that thinking so is absurd.

But if you could explain it with valid points, I'd be more than happy to answer back.

I have already listed valid points I have yet to see one from you.

cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By cody1984

@Vance Astro said:

@cody1984 said:

The question was rhetorical.I just thought what you were saying was asinine and I couldn't think of a nice way to say it.

Borrowing a word I used from a previous argument that you had to look up since you didn't know its meaning isn't a good way to try to discredit what I stated.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

Squirrel Girl 'nuff said.

spidey1fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By spidey1fan

I hate Captain America with that shield and those damn wings on his head. Really what the hell were the wings for and you cant even fly. What is the Fing point of that and why do heros look up to him. Most of the heros that look up to him have done more heroic things. Man do i hate him

Musedp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Musedp
@Vance Astro: Riiiiiiiiiiiight..here i was under the impression that this was a thread where i could vent, and be spiteful without repercussion.. I didn't realize Wolverine's spokesperson (you) was going to give me the 3rd degree. I never said i hated wolverine...i just said he's over-exposed to the point where he's become boring... infact I used to love wolverine..but it's like your favorite food...sometimes when you over indulge in one thing, you can't stomach it for a while.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Musedp said:

@Vance Astro: Riiiiiiiiiiiight..here i was under the impression that this was a thread where i could vent, and be spiteful without repercussion.. I didn't realize Wolverine's spokesperson (you) was going to give me the 3rd degree. I never said i hated wolverine...i just said he's over-exposed to the point where he's become boring... infact I used to love wolverine..but it's like your favorite food...sometimes when you over indulge in one thing, you can't stomach it for a while.

You can vent if you want.It's your opinion why you don't like Wolverine and you're entitled to it.I just keep seeing the same things said about Wolverine and i'm trying to figure out why the "overexposure" tag is only placed on him and Deadpool but not other characters that are getting the same amount if not more exposure and appear in the same books.I can completely understand you not liking something that you feel is being thrown in your face, but when it's being done with so many characters.I wonder if there is more to it.My response to you is more or less me trying to figure something out rather then saying that you are wrong about how you feel, because there are plenty of characters on Marvel's roster that have become stale to me because I feel like they've gotten way more exposure then they deserve.

@cody1984

said:

Borrowing a word I used from a previous argument that you had to look up since you didn't know its meaning isn't a good way to try to discredit what I stated.

I don't know why you think I had to look that word up but I don't really need to discredit what you said.Posts like that are the norm for you.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@spidey1fan said:
I hate Captain America with that shield and those damn wings on his head. Really what the hell were the wings for and you cant even fly. What is the Fing point of that and why do heros look up to him. Most of the heros that look up to him have done more heroic things. Man do i hate him
Heroes look up to Captain America because of what he stands for and how much he's done without having an actual powers.