The next DCAOM: What should it be?

Avatar image for innovationincarnate
InnovationIncarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

With Gods & Monsters arriving on DVD/Blu-ray and a Killing Joke movie, along with two other films, announced, what angle do you think DC should try next with their animated film slate?

1) Batman: Knight of Vengeance: Personally, I'd like to see a Knight of Vengeance adaptation. The three-issue series takes place in the Flashpoint universe and explores the relationship between that world's Batman (Thomas Wayne) and Joker (Martha Wayne). I think it could be extremely good, considering it explores how Thomas and Martha went down dark, but separate paths after being driven over the edge after their only son's death. Also: Grey DeLisle voicing a female Joker! We got a mere taste of the Martha-Joker in Flashpoint Paradox, but it was only a laugh...which, by the way, was absolutely horrifying. Just imagine what more they could do with Grey DeLisle's alluring, yet psychotic voice in the movie! But even apart from her, Kevin McKidd was amazing as the gruff, hardened and war-like Batman as well. So, yeah, it'd be an awesome film.

2) Batman Beyond: I think a film retelling Terry McGinnis/Batman's origin would work as well, if only for some updated animation and more voice work from Will Friedle and Kevin Conroy. It could go over aspects of Terry's world that were relatively unexplored, like his relationship with his father and his life as a criminal. Not only that, but it'd be allowed to go darker than the series did (I know, even darker than the series?) with elements such as blood, gore, etc. This one isn't a necessity, as the series already did an excellent job at defining who Terry was, his relationship with his family, Bruce and friends, but if they did make a movie, it could be seen as an adaptation of the original series condensed into a new animated feature. Again, not a necessity, but it would be nice. Also, while we're on the subject of the Beyond future, why not explore other characters, such as Superman or Danica Williams/Flash? Kai-Ro/Green Lantern and Warhawk? Perhaps explore how they grow into their roles as the respective successors to a hero's established mantle.

What animated movies do you think DC should make next? Also, do you prefer adapted (The New Frontier) or original (Gods and Monsters) movies?

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By darkdetective27

I want The Long Halloween. I dont mind as long as it is good and not like Batman vs Robin. That was such a waste of money.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they're going to adapt a classic like The Killing Joke, then there's still MAYBE a slight possibility for KINGDOM COME at some point

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Imperfect_Cell

The Authority.

VenomousTaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watchmen?

tbrand32300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

They've talked about doing a Green Arrow movie, which would be really cool.

darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@tbrand32300: I'd most like to see Green Arrow: Year One. Lemire and Sorrentino's story is my favorite, but I think it's too big for one movie.

Kazuma_Bushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How many Batman movies do we need? Hopefully DC will do one included someone else besides him

darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be cool if they did another anthology one.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really hope they try to diversify their animated slate. I'm really getting tired of Batman, Batman, JL, Batman, Superman movies.

I want DC to make another WW movie. Though (if she gets popular enough from SS) Harley may get a animated movie.

Wishful thinking, I want a JSA movie.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Loading Video...

Bruce Timm has the answer.