Posted by bethetroubleyouwanttosee (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Like you I have enjoyed the Batman trilogy that has rapped up recently with "The Dark Knight Rises" which was a good film. With the new Superman movie, "Man of Steel", coming out there is still talk of a Justice League film for the future. This in fact leaves several key characters without a updated and newer film to be released-Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg (if you want. Note-I have yet to mention the terrible Green Lantern film. There, I mentioned it.) With these characters in mind I feel that he next DC movie should be The Flash.

Now, why the Flash? Which Flash? Barry Allen I say. Its up for debate but that is later on. Why choose Barry Allen and the Flash to make as the next DC movie? Because of the Rogues and Barry is more relate-able and adaptable for the screen. With that said, what Rouges in specific? I propose Captain Cold, Mirror Master, Heat Wave, Trickster, Captain Boomerang and Pied Piper. With this group of Rogues you not only have great villains with great powers but you have compelling back stories.

The Flash movie should not be an origin story, it would take too much away from the film and you can explain it in a flashback. It should be where Barry has been the Flash for some time and has a foot hold on his powers and deals with the Rogues being a new thing in Central City.

Now how do you give credit where it should be do for the Rouges? More time and fluid story telling. If the Nolan Brothers can make a film that is over two and a half hours then why not do one for the Flash and use the time wisely?

#1 Posted by InnerAssassin (308 posts) - - Show Bio

@bethetroubleyouwanttosee: Idk if that would work. you need a origin story for new viewers or it just wont work

#2 Posted by Girth (1041 posts) - - Show Bio

I say Aquaman. They could make it like Gladiator only underwater.

#3 Posted by SoA (4705 posts) - - Show Bio

the flash could be done , i'd like to see a well written WW movie, and a shazam movie just because lol

#4 Posted by Moonchilde (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer Wally to Barry, but maybe that's just me.

As for which rogue. Well, if approaching it as a triology (as Hollywood tends to do these days), i'd probably say.

Flash 1: Captain Cold

Flash 2: Gorilla Grodd

Flash 3: Zoom

#5 Posted by Sharkbite (292 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerAssassin: X-Men didn't run with an origin story and it was a huge commercial success. And Sequels which have the origin story out of the way and are able to jump right into the action almost universally net higher profits than the original (Fantastic Four being the exception, because FF2 just tanked). Most of the movie goers that are not the hardcore comic fans and don't already know the story, they just want to get straight to the action; they don't need a lot of inner turmoil about how someone doesn't want to use their powers or has a lot of self-doubt.

@bethetroubleyouwanttosee: For a Flash story, the only villain I can envision doing it justice is Zoom. Zoom can move at those same high speeds, so they can have the super fast fights done up in slow motion backgrounds. Zoom ties directly into Flash's origin, so if they do want to tell the story, they get through both of them in one go, rather than spending 50 minutes to lay foundation for both the hero and the villain. And Zoom isn't part of the core "Rogues Gallery", which I think is a strength. By way of sequel, I would think Flash versus the full Rogues (Captain Cold, Heatwave, Mirror Master, Weather Wizard, Trickster, Pied Piper), all introduced as a team after a quick stroll through the Flash museum makes them look like embarassing failures on their own.

#6 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

If DC considers Wonder Woman one of the "trinity" they really need to make her a more relate-able and popular character. SO I think a well done WW movie is a must to make any JLA concept really work.

#7 Posted by jobbernos (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

solos movies of the 5 founders of the justice league after the justice league movie.

#8 Posted by sagejonathan (1825 posts) - - Show Bio

As awesome as a Flash and Aquaman movie or even trilogy could be.... I kinda want a either a Green Lantern 2 or a restart. The movie, as we all know, wasn't exactly good but if we get the right people on it and give it more of an edge it could be super epic.

#9 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

The Atom.

Yeah, I said it.