S-senpai... I...
No Caption Provided

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I laughed so hard at this. Pak trolling hard.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By buttersdaman000

Beautiful. They belong together. Why get with that hag Lois when you got Batcake to eat?

No Caption Provided

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beautiful. They belong together. Why get with that hag Lois when you got Batcake to eat?

No Caption Provided

why DC, why!

those evil people

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

That - *sniff* That was beautiful...

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Really enjoy Batman Superman issue 18. If Greg Pak can write like this every month, DC should let him write more book

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Sexy

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Really enjoy Batman Superman issue 18. If Greg Pak can write like this every month, DC should let him write more book

He's killing it. Not only is he doing great on both titles, he's also writing them differently so that it doesn't feel like the same thing. I hope he one day he decides to switch over to SM/WW.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Wait.. is this fan service? LOL!

chaos911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder how Wonder Woman feels about this

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: To be honest, I want Greg Pak to write Justice League. He can like Mark Waid (where Waid replace Grant Morrison when Morrison leave the JL Book)

Smash Brawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ha ha, I heard about this. I love it.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: To be honest, I want Greg Pak to write Justice League. He can like Mark Waid (where Waid replace Grant Morrison when Morrison leave the JL Book)

That is also an option I would accept.

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaos911 said:

I wonder how Wonder Woman feels about this

she never had a chance, bruce wayne is a handsome man and clark is an angel from another planet

Wait.. is this fan service? LOL!

Its the truth, their 'fights' are just like a couple's quarrel

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Eh Pak should go back to Marvel where he left his writing chops at.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: No nope. Greg Pak is probably gonna be among best Superman writer in 21st century if he keep writing fun Superman stories every month. To be honest, in modern era we never get many great Superman stories but I can feel Greg Pak bring some interesting ideas into Superman mythos for modern comicbook readers.

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Now I know the real reason why they're gonna end WW and SM's relationship. Lolkidding

Impervious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@lvenger: I don't really want him to leave DC, his work on Action Comics is honestly the best written Superman in DC nowadays

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

No Caption Provided

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really want him to leave DC, his work on Action Comics is honestly the best written Superman in DC nowadays

No nope. Greg Pak is probably gonna be among best Superman writer in 21st century if he keep writing fun Superman stories every month. To be honest, in modern era we never get many great Superman stories but I can feel Greg Pak bring some interesting ideas into Superman mythos for modern comicbook readers.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boynerdgeek: Can't say I agree, I'm not sure why people appear to be bowled over by his writing of Superman when it's lackluster, simplistic and only just decent at his best. His Marvel work had a lot more emotion, creative storytelling and better understanding of the characters. He just doesn't get what makes Superman tick on a fundemental level to me.

And best Superman writer of the 21st Century?

Loading Video...

Grant Morrison, Joe Kelly, Greg Rucka, Kurt Busiek and more would like a word with you.

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By DrF8

@lvenger: Kurt Busiek was writing Superman?? In the 21st century? When?

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Skit

Only slightly more homo erotic than cap x nick fury.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did anyone else hear Celine Dions "My heart will go on" reading this??

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Greg Paks Action comics is much better than Superman/Batman. Are you reading that?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Greg Paks Action comics is much better than Superman/Batman. Are you reading that?

I read the first arc with Baka and the underground creatures, the one fans say is Pak's best Superman story. It's decent enough, better than what he's currently writing. But after subsequent rereadings, my rating of it dropped from an 8 to a 7 out of 10.

@drfate said:

@lvenger: Kurt Busiek was writing Superman?? In the 21st century? When?

He co-wrote Superman: Up, Up and Away! with Geoff Johns, that was in Superman #650-653 and Action Comics #837-840. Busiek was the main writer for the Superman title where he wrote Superman #654-675. There are a good few gems of Superman stories from Busiek IMO, Camelot Falls is one of the main ones which is quite underrated. I'd absolutely recommend Busiek's run on Superman from one fellow fan to the other, he captured Superman's main characteristics and personality whilst simultaneously making him more confident and authoritative.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@buttersdaman000 said:

I read the first arc with Baka and the underground creatures, the one fans say is Pak's best Superman story. It's decent enough, better than what he's currently writing. But after subsequent rereadings, my rating of it dropped from an 8 to a 7 out of 10.

His whole run has been a good 7.5 for me. Save Morrison and Johns, Pak is the best consistent writer Superman has had in the n52.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Greg Rucka writes much more better Batman than Superman. And Joe Kelly Superman is overrated. Everybody know that Superman vs The Authority rip off (cough cough The Elite) is overrated. Not even the best Superman. Johns is good Superman writer not gonna deny that.

What unique about Greg Pak Superman is he put alot of Silver Age elements of Superman like Bottle city of Kandor etc that modern writer never use it. Tbh, Silver Age Superman stories is more fun to read than Post Crisis Superman

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Lvenger

@boynerdgeek:

Greg Rucka writes much more better Batman than Superman.

Yeah he writes Batman well but you're deluding yourself if you deny that he doesn't get Superman incredibly well. To quote from my fellow Superman fan Squalleon who's just read Rucka's Superman run in trade, "Also I just finished Rucka's run. DUDE oh god it was so good. I haven't read such an optimistic take on Superman for quite a while. Finally a Superman who doesn't lose faith, acts Supermanish and nows there is always a way!" Yeah I'd say that qualifies as understanding Superman quite well indeed.

And Joe Kelly Superman is overrated. Everybody know that Superman vs The Authority rip off (cough cough The Elite) is overrated.

Seems like you've got the wrong end of the stick I'm afraid and misunderstood Kelly's take on Superman. It's all right, not everyone can understand why it works so well, you have to be knowledgeable in Superman, his stories, character and themes to actually get how well Kelly can write the character. If you're not, well, you end up looking quite silly when you try and argue against the positive merits Kelly brought to Superman in his run on the character, such as here for instance.

What unique about Greg Pak Superman is he put alot of Silver Age elements of Superman like Bottle city of Kandor etc that modern writer never use it. Tbh, Silver Age Superman stories is more fun to read than Post Crisis Superman

Johns, Morrison, Waid, Millar, Marv Wofman, Busiek and more have done the exact same thing in their stories. So if that's the best reason you have for liking Pak, you might need better criteria. Plenty of modern writers use Silver Age tropes in their Superman stories.

I only find the Silver Age Superman to be whimsically fun at best. People say Pre Flashpoint Superman was boring but badmouthing Superman goes way back to the Silver Age when Superman either acted like a douche, was ridiculously overpowered and was an unbearable goody two shoes. If that sounds like more fun than what we got in Post Crisis Superman, I question your taste in Superman stories. The Silver Age take on Superman was part of the reason COIE rebooted the DCU to give Superman an updated origin after all.