The New (And improved?) Joker

TheJester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

!!!SPOILERS AHEAD FOR BATMAN #35!!!!

So, for those of us who have read the newest issue of Batman, it's revealed that Joker is the big bad. Or, what we're supposed to believe is Joker at least.

Now, I don't know if I'm reading the back-up wrong, but I'm understanding that we're supposed to believe Joker is some sort of demon? Now, if this is true, I'm actually quite upset. I found myself loving Snyder's interpretation of Joker, though if we're supposed to suddenly believe he's the devil or something along those lines, it really ruins it for me. I find it ruins the entire Joker character.

Does anyone else feel the same way, or are there any other opinions on this change?

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the idea that he's the embodiment of evil, it helps explain how he comes back from all his near-death experiences, as well as his total absence of redeeming qualities.

Or it could also just be Joker screwing with all those other mental patients to see if they'd believe him, which I'm also ok with.

Also it gives him a good reason to have his face back!

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Morrison still writes the best Joker.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Morrison still writes the best Joker.

Oh yeah that much is unquestionable. Except for maybe Alan Moore's Joker in The Killing Joke.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

It's just different stories these mental patients are telling. And nobody seemed to agree with Ephram interpretation either. I'm sure that in the next issue there will be a story that is drastically different from the one we saw in #35

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kill him off