The New 52 should have begun this next Wednesday.

Avatar image for rideaspacecowboy
RideASpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 98

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RideASpaceCowboy

With the recent end of Geoff John's epic run on Green Lantern and Grant Morrison's equally impressive run on Batman ready to conclude, now would have been the perfect time to end the old DC universe continuity and introduce the New 52, instead of September of 2011 when it actually launched. Such would have allowed for a hard reboot with a clean slate instead of the resulting confusion that occurred as a result of need to preserve Wayne and Jordan's character histories in the midst of two legendary creative runs.

Furthermore, the much needed injection of new readers into the comic industry could have still taken place at that dire period in sales through a strong promotion of the digital day-and-date initiative. More over, a second spike in sales would now be occurring, instead of the one time injection of new readers that played out in actuality.

No Caption Provided

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

It's sorta like the new Star Trek movies, some villain goes into the past and changes some things, but Kirk still become captain of the Enterprise and whatnot. It's pretty obvious that New 52 is connected to Flashpoint story line. So that could explain why Batman and GL continuity is almost the same. But maybe your right, but me, I think I'm going to get more Marvel. DC has done a horrible job at keep writers. Action Comics was going to be awesome...

Avatar image for banestrokelobogrundybatarrow
BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Its sad, I mean me I'm probably just going to pick up my favorite Marvel comics, I will though and am excited for the new RL. And Earth 2 batman as long as hes bane.

RL #21
RL #21

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm actually enjoying the New 52, i think I am the minority here but it is interesting how they are going to change the characters and make different arcs which keep the business going. I have been able to convert a few of my classmates into comic readers thanks to the New 52 so I am grateful

StrangeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've always thought that the new 52 should've been a REBOOT, not a revamp, not some relaunch, not an update for a "post-crisis dcu 2.0", no, a complete reboot, with NO exceptions, and that goes for Jordan and Bats.

What?, it wouldn't have been fair for all the history behind these characters?, well was it fair for characters like the JSA or Titans who lost even more history than both of those characters put together? no it wasn't. But I don't say this out of spite or some stupidity like that, I say it because by retaining years and years of history of these characters and combining it with the rebooted mythos of characters that as of now don't have nowhere near the amount of stories that those two have you're only making this new Universe all the more confusing, and to top it all off by retaining those stories some can't work without other stories (COIE, Infinite Crisis, etc), and so everything does a domino effect until you don't even know which stories enter and which don't in this "new" Universe. And this isn't just a problem that old readers have, new readers are also confused by having all of this clusterf*uck happen in an idiotic 5 year time gap.

But oh well, since stubborn morons like DiDio and Johns are running the company and since GL and Batman sell you sure won't see them have the balls to do something that is beneficial for this business move, 'cuz y'know, the whole point of this was to attract new readers, does it make sense to retain years of confusing history in some parts of this new Universe while in others characters are just beginning their history? Of course not! But it's all about the money, kids, never forget that.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By daredevil21134

Long Live Helena Bertinelli

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AweSam

@thefirstlantern: I'm also enjoying it. Before the New 52, I wad just reading random story arcs. I didn't know where to start.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

any time is a good time for reboots.

Avatar image for mightyrearranger
mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

I don't mind them rebooting it again... >.>

Especially anytime before the new Bronze Tiger shows up and makes me lose all faith in character re-designs.

That being said, I'm enjoying some of The Flash (minus the fact that his villains now look like Batman Beyond rejects) and Justice League Dark. Hoping that Suicide Squad picks up steam too, and loses the whole Resurrection Hand device, because that got old real fast.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

#10  Edited By Extremis

@banestrokelobogrundybatarrow: hehe glad I could help get you excited for Res Lanterns man. I'm pretty pumped to see Guy as an RL in the series and how that affects his relationship with John.

mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extremis:If you don't mind me asking, how frequently have Dex-Starr, Skallox, and Ratchet been featured in Red Lanterns? Those 3 are the primary reason I started reading, but it's been a while since my last issue.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mightyrearranger: Alot Skallox and Dex-starr are main members of the RL team so they get plenty of face time, Ratchet as well but I would say the other two get much more, though Ratchet is gets way more important to the storyline in later issues

mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mightyrearranger: No problem I'm a huge RL fan and love answering questions about it.