• 66 results
#1 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

#2 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

I gotta say Midnighter but it can be because he is my least favorite of all of these guys

Deathstroke is a close second

#3 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy said:

I gotta say Midnighter but it can be because he is my least favorite of all of these guys

Yeah...all those battle computer thingy going on and on...

and seems like Deathstroke is the next Chuck Norris

#4 Posted by TheCannon (18322 posts) - - Show Bio

The answer is and always will be Batman.

#5 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

The battle computer isn't overrated it's simply overpowered for street level, which is probably because Midnighter is not really a street level character.

#6 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy said:

#7 Posted by BlackWind (6123 posts) - - Show Bio

Cassie Cain. Seriously, there is no excuse for some of the trash she does.

#8 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like how people use the term "overrated". It doesn't mean, they're too powerful, or that their powers don't make sense, or that you don't like them.  
It means that people consistently overrate their abilities.  
Which out of all the people on this list, I would say Joker or Ozy would be the most overrated. Joker because a large amount of people think his chaos factor makes him more dangerous in a fight then it actually does, and Ozy because people seem to think he's a radically great fighter, when as far as comics go he's not really that high up.

#9 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

Although honestly Big Daddy or Hit Girl from Kickass are the most overrated street levelers I've seen. They're not really that good when you compare them to less realistic characters like almost every popular street level character I can think of.

#10 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20164 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman

#11 Posted by judasnixon (6511 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Immortal777 (7366 posts) - - Show Bio

Ozymandias

#13 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

batman definitely

#14 Posted by jwalser3 (4901 posts) - - Show Bio

Freaking Batman!

#15 Posted by ImmortalOne (3379 posts) - - Show Bio

Ozymandias or (although he's my favorite) Batman.

Just because Ozymandias is said to be the smartest person in his universe, people are like "he's the smartest person in the world, so obviously he's smarter than Batman, he'll be able to dance around him, etc."

#16 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5386 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCannon

This.
#17 Edited by roboadmiral (544 posts) - - Show Bio

The case in point for Midnighter's (and his battle computer's) overratednesss is when he tries to take on Regis. Evidently the battle computer showed him a million ways he was going to get his ass kicked.

#18 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackWind said:

People even thinks that she could takes down Taskmaster.

@Decoy Elite said:

Ozy because people seem to think he's a radically great fighter, when as far as comics go he's not really that high up.

@ImmortalOne said:

Ozymandias or (although he's my favorite) Batman.

Just because Ozymandias is said to be the smartest person in his universe, people are like "he's the smartest person in the world, so obviously he's smarter than Batman, he'll be able to dance around him, etc."

People give him credit is because he makes Dr. Manhattan thinks Ozy is right...Ozy basically just fools a guy who can foresee the future. But I don't think he can 'dance' around Batman easily.

#19 Posted by Target_X (379 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

^^^^^^This^^^^^^

#20 Posted by Deadcool (6810 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn...Why? Batman is not overated, the character built his reputation over the years.

#21 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@GodDamnIronMan: I was referring only to his fighting abilities. 
That said, Dr.Manhattan's opinion is pointless, he only chooses whatever he is meant to do in the future. He's on a tack, so he honestly doesn't have any real opinions of his own.
#22 Posted by Manwhohaseverything (1888 posts) - - Show Bio

All depends on wat you mean by over-rated. Batman is over-rated in the sense many of his fans say he can do things that he really can't. (Like beat Superman without the aid of kryptonite or something)..but he is NOT over-rated as a comic character. Few, if any, characters are as responsible as Batman for truly epic story lines. If anything, I think Batman is under-rated as a character.

#23 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

@GodDamnIronMan: I was referring only to his fighting abilities. That said, Dr.Manhattan's opinion is pointless, he only chooses whatever he is meant to do in the future. He's on a tack, so he honestly doesn't have any real opinions of his own.

Ozy did solo Nite owl and Rorschach pretty easily...

#24 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@GodDamnIronMan said:

@Decoy Elite said:

@GodDamnIronMan: I was referring only to his fighting abilities. That said, Dr.Manhattan's opinion is pointless, he only chooses whatever he is meant to do in the future. He's on a tack, so he honestly doesn't have any real opinions of his own.

Because Batman couldn't do the same?  
Honestly he's impressive only in context of the Watchmen universe, compare him to other street level fighters and he suddenly doesn't look nearly as good. 
This might have changed with Before Watchmen though, as I haven't read the Ozy issues and thus don't know what new feats he's been given.
#25 Posted by Charlie_Jade (523 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke, worse than Bat ever was. He's a fucking street leveler

PIS feats

massive PIS and jobbing

#26 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

@GodDamnIronMan said:

@Decoy Elite said:

Because Batman couldn't do the same? Honestly he's impressive only in context of the Watchmen universe, compare him to other street level fighters and he suddenly doesn't look nearly as good. This might have changed with Before Watchmen though, as I haven't read the Ozy issues and thus don't know what new feats he's been given.

I never deny Batman's Fighting Skills... instead, I think Batman can beat him.

#27 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@GodDamnIronMan: I understand, I was simply using Batman as an example of a street level character who can pull of what Ozy did easily. 
#28 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

@GodDamnIronMan: I understand, I was simply using Batman as an example of a street level character who can pull of what Ozy did easily.

People think Batman is overrated is because some fanboy said Batman could defeats Omnipotents like TOAA...which is ridiculous.

#29 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@GodDamnIronMan said:

@Decoy Elite said:

People think Batman is overrated is because some fanboy said Batman could defeats Omnipotents like TOAA...which is ridiculous.

I agree, although Batman does get overrated to a certain extent. It's not nearly as bad as many people think.
#30 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

Too many on the list to vote...

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#31 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

@GodDamnIronMan said:

@Decoy Elite said:

I agree, although Batman does get overrated to a certain extent. It's not nearly as bad as many people think.

He's is the human perfection...after all.

#32 Posted by JJ62 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

I said Batman, but only because his fan-boys think he can beat ANYONE and EVERYONE, but I actually enjoy all of the Batman stories and I wouldn't say the character himself is overrated, but his fans act as if he is invincible or something. You see I doubt that Batman would be able to beat people like Daredevil and Wolverine, DEFINITELY not people like Captain America, Deathstroke and Black Panther. But still the fans claim he's undefeatable, it's hard to vote against Batman and say he's overrated...because I really do love the character, but yes..,Batman is probably the most overrated right now.

#33 Posted by JJ62 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

Another one is the Punisher, his fans are crazy as well. He's basically an altered serial killer with minimal martial arts training but he relies more on guns than actual skill. I doubt he'd be able to beat Hawkeye, Green Arrow or Black Widow. But again his fanboys think he can beat Cap, Batman, Daredevil, Iron Fist, Nick Fury, etc, even when all of those guys are master martial artists and battle tacticians and he has had minimal martial arts training.

#34 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman, he's pretty awesome but everyone seems to worship him a bit too much.

#35 Edited by GodDamnIronMan (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

@JJ62:

I doubt that Batman would be able to beat people like Daredevil and Wolverine, DEFINITELY not people like Captain America, Deathstroke and Black Panther.

With enough prep time, he might beat some of the character above...but definitely not BP, that guy is smarter than Bruce. And in random encounter, He would stalemate DD, but got his a$$ kicked by the others.

I doubt he'd be able to beat Hawkeye, Green Arrow or Black Widow. But again his fanboys think he can beat Cap, Batman, Daredevil, Iron Fist, Nick Fury, etc

QFT...there is no way Punisher can beat those top tier like Cap, Bat & Iron fist...

BW maybe.

#36 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

Midnighter just because of the battle computer

#37 Posted by Pokeysteve (8253 posts) - - Show Bio

Karate Kid obviously.

@JJ62 said:

Another one is the Punisher, his fans are crazy as well. He's basically an altered serial killer with minimal martial arts training but he relies more on guns than actual skill. I doubt he'd be able to beat Hawkeye, Green Arrow or Black Widow. But again his fanboys think he can beat Cap, Batman, Daredevil, Iron Fist, Nick Fury, etc, even when all of those guys are master martial artists and battle tacticians and he has had minimal martial arts training.

I've never met or talked to a real Punisher fan that thinks any of this. I define "real fan" as someone who has read a lot of his stuff. He's my favorite character and even I know he gets trashed by all of these people save for maybe Fury and Arrow. The people that think he CAN beat all of these people are 9 and aren't old enough to be reading Punisher anyways lol.

#38 Posted by dondave (36587 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America

#39 Posted by God_Spawn (37729 posts) - - Show Bio

@Charlie_Jade: Watch the language next time, please.

#40 Posted by RobocopSlayerT800 (2341 posts) - - Show Bio

It's definitely

Batman

Captain America and

Spiderman.

#41 Posted by entropy_aegis (15250 posts) - - Show Bio

@GodDamnIronMan said:

@BlackWind said:

People even thinks that she could takes down Taskmaster.

And they'd be correct,Tasky can come back when he stops losing to Deadpool,Moon Knight and Mr X.@Decoy Elite said:

I don't like how people use the term "overrated". It doesn't mean, they're too powerful, or that their powers don't make sense, or that you don't like them. It means that people consistently overrate their abilities. Which out of all the people on this list, I would say Joker or Ozy would be the most overrated. Joker because a large amount of people think his chaos factor makes him more dangerous in a fight then it actually does, and Ozy because people seem to think he's a radically great fighter, when as far as comics go he's not really that high up.

Pretty much,apparantely overrated = anything that one does not like.

I go with Ozy and Kickass characters,Jason Vorhees and Terminator too.

#42 Posted by entropy_aegis (15250 posts) - - Show Bio

@Charlie_Jade said:

Deathstroke, worse than Bat ever was. He's a fucking street leveler

PIS feats

massive PIS and jobbing

The one with Superman is a cover,and if you'd actually bothered to read the actual story then you wouldn't have posted it,ID Crisis was just a bad story all around.I'll give you WW.@GodDamnIronMan said:

@JJ62:

I doubt that Batman would be able to beat people like Daredevil and Wolverine, DEFINITELY not people like Captain America, Deathstroke and Black Panther.

With enough prep time, he might beat some of the character above...but definitely not BP, that guy is smarter than Bruce. And in random encounter, He would stalemate DD, but got his a$$ kicked by the others.

I doubt he'd be able to beat Hawkeye, Green Arrow or Black Widow. But again his fanboys think he can beat Cap, Batman, Daredevil, Iron Fist, Nick Fury, etc

QFT...there is no way Punisher can beat those top tier like Cap, Bat & Iron fist...

BW maybe.

With enough prep time he'd wipe the floor with all those mentioned excluding T'Challa.In a random encounter he'd beat Cap and DD.

#43 Posted by Squalleon (4565 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: DeathStroke isn't a street leveler he is a league buster! He always was,his first story was beating the Titans! I don't even know why people call him a Street level?

Karate Kid isn't a street leveler also!

he can go toe to toe with powerhouses

Batman isn't SL since he is the master of PIS and WIS!

#44 Posted by FiguredOut95 (379 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deadcool said:

Damn...Why? Batman is not overated, the character built his reputation over the years.

What this guy said ^^^

#45 Posted by FiguredOut95 (379 posts) - - Show Bio

My vote goes with Captain America.

#46 Posted by entropy_aegis (15250 posts) - - Show Bio

@Squalleon said:

@entropy_aegis: DeathStroke isn't a street leveler he is a league buster! He always was,his first story was beating the Titans! I don't even know why people call him a Street level?

And Deathstroke clearly isn't a master of PIS or WIS.Deathstroke is a street leveler,he's struggled against other street level characters in the past and there are street level characters who can outright beat him

#47 Posted by Squalleon (4565 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

@Squalleon said:

And Deathstroke clearly isn't a master of PIS or WIS.Deathstroke is a street leveler,he's struggled against other street level characters in the past and there are street level characters who can outright beat him

Deathstroke kills Aliens and unkillables! He fights armies and the Titans!

He isn't a street leveler i just don't see how he got that reputation.He only struggled when the street level characters had prep!

Let me ask you is Prometheus a street Leveler?

Is batman (also known as BATGOD) a street leveler?

#48 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14595 posts) - - Show Bio

It's funny because since everyone says that Batman is overrated, that makes him underrated, so screw you hipsters. I just wrecked your logic

#49 Posted by entropy_aegis (15250 posts) - - Show Bio

@Squalleon said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@Squalleon said:

He isn't a street leveler i just don't see how he got that reputation.He only struggled when the street level characters had prep!

Cassandra Cain had prep?

Prometheus is an inconsistent plot device.

Um ofcourse Batman is a street leveler.

#50 Edited by Squalleon (4565 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

@Squalleon said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@Squalleon said:

Cassandra Cain had prep?

Prometheus is an inconsistent plot device.

Um ofcourse Batman is a street leveler.

He fall from 10000 feet and he only broke his fucking leg(Court of Owls)!!!

He had a back up personality is case of Psycological attack(R.I.P.)!!

Yeah a street leveler!

Batman stopped being a SL since Morrison's run on JLA (or since TDKR)