The Most Overrated Characters in Battles!!!!!!!!!

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NeonGameWave

PREMISE

I felt like doing this for a long time but now its time to do it! There are some characters that I feel need to be addressed in regards to their supposed power levels. There are many characters that could be considered to be overrated but these characters standout IMO based on the different threads that have been made recently. Now while I like the following characters and consider them to be quite formidable in their own right, I think there is a fine line between good character development and feats their good characters in their own right but not as powerful as many have made them out to be. This is just my opinion so don`t take it personal....

No Caption Provided

This character is pretty cool for the villain that he is in the Marvel Universe and he is powerful but even he comes with a price!

1) His power stems from his realm. He can be hurt, damaged and destroyed outside of his realm he will only be reformed in his realm also what feats does he have outside of his realm that is super impressive?

2) His powers have certain conditions he can`t do certain things without a contract and without having to manipulate someone into one.

3) His Galactus fighting feat is OVERBLOWN. He didn`t win, he was scared that Galactus would consume his realm, Galactus was at a more weaker level of power and I believe its been clarified by the writers/handbooks that he didn`t hurt Galactus only stalemate him because he couldn`t die and he didn`t destroy galaxies or solar systems on his own it was through his battle with Galactus also it merely causes a disturbance in the galaxy not really destroy it.

4) He has high-end feats but he has more lower end feats and has lost to weak characters even in his own turf.

5) He didn`t outright beat Silver Surfer via a fair fight... When does Mephisto fight fair? He manipulated Norrin and Norrin`s pure soul was too much for him to handle... He had trouble with Silver Surfer as he admitted and his manipulations didn`t work in the end.

6) Dr. Doom is a similar case he just wanted to save his mother`s soul and Mephisto was the one getting in the way of that so through manipulation he gave Victor a hard time when in reality Dr Doom would own him given enough prep.

7) The Living Tribunal warns many entities below or above Mephisto about causing damage to the universe or just being important to the universe as the TOAA`s direct second in command of course he is going to warn Mephisto about his actions and what it might cause.

No Caption Provided

Now I`m a big Star Wars fan.... But there are a couple of things that I noticed...

1) How are they comparable to Marvel cosmics? When their feats put them below that tier?

2) Many agree that they have FTL reaction speed and so on so forth... But is there enough evidence to say that they operate at these levels consistently?

3) Some think Palpatine can TP some uberly powerful comic characters and that his level of mind control works on the same level as MMH or Emma Frost or even Nate Grey when his has context to it. I believe he had prep and an outside source to help him accomplish certain things when I look back at his feats.

No Caption Provided

And here we go.... Now this character is interesting and I have seen what he is capable of but none of it justifies for why he ranks above the best...

1) He is nowhere near Thanos level and he is not Omnipotent many hang onto his ability in the Dream World to not die and beat whoever when in disguise its a no limits fallacy.

2) Freddy beat human characters at the end of the day nothing special.... He had problems with Jason and that is the closest he will ever get to a more unique combatant. Batman, Professor X, Dr. Strange and any character that is more than enough just average when it comes to spirit/will/mind can easily beat him.

3) Its not PIS or Plot Device when his own films and source material demonstrate him as being a threat to only human characters who had fear.

4) The Dream Demons who empowered Freddy in the first place were not that powerful and couldn`t even affect the earth they only operated in dreams which is why they needed Freddy also they themselves barely have any feats.

No Caption Provided

Unfortunately Naruto is one of them.... I really do like Naruto, I have been a fan since the beginning and its apart of my childhood but I have to tell the truth.

1) Sasuke and Naruto are powerful but their feats themselves like I always say are more impressive within their universe than outside of it.

2) Now in the Big Three they are considered to be uberly powerful but I don`t think their comparable to the heavy-hitters in the DC or Marvel universes unless if there were to be context or condition added in.

3) Their pretty inconsistent with their showings many gauge them at peak-metahuman in durability while their speed, firepower and everything else is pretty solid.

4) Many say that Sasuke is comparable to Emma Frost or Jean Grey and Scarlet Witch lol. Just because Madara used the MOON to be able to initialize his Moon Eye Plan which had limits that other competent telepaths don`t doesn`t mean he has planetary TP even Sasuke admitted that he was vulnerable to the IT technique and it was his Susanoo that saved him. TPing featless Tailed Beasts doesn`t make you a super-strong telepath when Obito has shown to do it with a lesser Sharingan during the beginning of the series. Also Sharingan has never always been about power it is more about skill you wouldn`t say that Sasuke is better than Itachi even though he has a Rinnegan in terms of ACTUAL skill, Itachi has shown more impressiveness. Even other Naruto characters like Zetsu have said this and Madara is more experienced than Sasuke just because he did it with a moon anyway not his standard power doesn`t mean Sasuke can do it.

5) Being casual mountain busters is cool but what about durability, endurance, pain tolerance and stamina? Naruto characters have more so shown that they can take explosive energies but not piercing damage to the heart or any other organ which is completely different and this has been shown since the beginning of Naruto even their healing factors aren`t all impressive.

6) A lot of ABC logic has been used to justify for the speed levels as well which also goes back to the Telepathy argument nothing solid, concrete or passable has been shown to grade their own power levels.

7) Chakra still is required and the fact that Kaguya used her technique on featless characters showcases this she needed the CHAKRA FRUIT and that was the first as well as most powerful source at the time for chakra which is different than the other Naruto characters and their respective abilities again its ABC logic.

No Caption Provided

Now the No Life King is awesome and is one of my favorite characters but..

1) With his millions of souls he can still be beaten it only takes a certain character with enough abilities and weaponry to be able to overpower his overpoweredness. He can still be harmed, decapitated and put in danger he is not invincible. Alucard is most vulnerable during Level 0 as well when all of his souls are released.

2) He mostly went up against humans/fodder with his abilities of mind control, telekinesis and etc. He fought Anderson, Luke, Walter, Wrinkle and etc but when I think about they were like mid-tier at best.

3) Post Schrodinger means he loses ALL of his souls so that he may contain one which is Schrodinger which also means he loses all of his abilities which includes Dandyman and etc but there`s a catch..... He`s not really omnipresent, its more of pseudo-science than anything and he has no real feats with it only a statement and him seemingly moving from one place to the next. Even the General had confirmed that Schrodinger can appear everywhere and nowhere (which by definition is not omnipresence) he MUST REMEMBER HIMSELF I put emphasis because that`s the key to knowing Alucard`s ability. If he does not remember himself then he will cease to exist.

RULES

• Show the best feats and worst feats for these following characters meaning their entire history
  • Do you disagree? Then leave a comment and we can have a good debate/discussion on this topic
  • No arguments or ignorance just evidence is allowed
  • List as much characters as you can who you think is overrated in the Battle Forums and show proof why
  • You can also showcase who is underrated in your eyes
  • Remember this is only my OPINION
Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Ozymandias

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll come back to this.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok.

Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a battle.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PrinceAragorn1
NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

?

Not a battle.

Its considered to be a discussion thread on battles for the battle forums just like Unpopular Opinions.

Ironshinobi88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only one I think you miss the mark is Naruto. Everyone knows they are glass cannons and their speed is above peak meta human, in a comic I'd say they are near bullet timers. They have the ability to take out big hitters in Marvel or DC but without prep and knowledge they won't use the correct technique right off the bat.

colliderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Overrated or not some jimmies are gonna get rustled in this thread

Avatar image for deactivated-579ecfa921bb2
deactivated-579ecfa921bb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Everyone they put against Batman is overrated.

We all know Batman can beat anyone.

Everyone they put against Flash is overrated.

We all know Flash can beat anyone.

However the universe would implode if these two fought.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I can actually honestly say, my jimmies are rustled over Naruto. The rest I either don't care or agree with.

Hit Girl is overrated. I'll come back and explain why.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

All characters are overrated.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure if comicvine ate my post but Dante is overrated from what I have seen. Not an expert but he isn't as impressive as people make him out to be.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

I can actually honestly say, my jimmies are rustled over Naruto. The rest I either don't care or agree with.

Hit Girl is overrated. I'll come back and explain why.

:O! Be prepared! Also bah, deleted my post...

At any rate, Batman. Or...well I don't find him to be overrated I just find him...rather confusing for battles, because how is he suppose to work?

You have Batman who protects a city, he fights crime and has trouble with his rogues gallery from time to time and other similar villains of his status.

But then....you move into the JL stories with Batman and it's like....well how does he have trouble in Gotham if he can do what he does here?....

So it's like...how is it suppose to work?

I know there's probably other similar characters like this, not just Batman. But he's the 1st one that came to mind, considering how popular he is and how frequently he is used in battles.

pea55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shao Khan should've been on this list of overrated characters.... js

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know I'll receive hate for this but...Batman is the single most overrated character ever.

Avatar image for surfingthehighway
SurfingtheHighway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ozymandias

Definitely Ozimandias. Being able to catch one bullet does not make you one of the fastest combatants alive. He can't beat Lady Shiva, nor Bronze Tiger, nor Batman.

JuzaCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JuzaCloud
No Caption Provided

I'll just leave this here

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YOU FORGOT SENTRY?!?!?!?! Dear God, that's the most overrated character here on Comicvine; his fans put him out to be an abstract in the Marvel universe. Not only that, but they're saying that he can compete with Superman in terms of speed when there is no evidence. They just make statements which at best holds as much weight as Joker's sanity.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@captain_batman_ftw: I don't blame his fans when it comes to the Sentry. I blame Marvel and the writers. On one hand he beats Molcule Man and then on the other hand he has trouble with WWH? Jeez I know his powers go up and down based on how he is feeling, but damn that's a big gap.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: I blame Bendis and his fans. They make empty statements with no proof backed up, and that's how they have made me hate Sentry.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: And the ironic part is that they say he has unlimited power, but yet, his power levels depends on his "mental state". A portion of unlimited = unlimited.

Avatar image for marvete_e_dcnauta
Marvete_e_DCnauta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman.You could put him against IG Thanos and someone would say:"Superman vecause he's Superman"

Asmodeus12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Asmodeus12345

@neongamewave:

1) His power stems from his realm. He can be hurt, damaged and destroyed outside of his realm he will only be reformed in his realm also what feats does he have outside of his realm that is super impressive?

Capturing Franklin Richards, One-shooting the Defenders, One-shotting Surfer, Absorbing all the souls on Earth, Beating The Avengers fairly easily, Almost destroyed the 616 in his battle with Satannish when he did grow to a size that just his eyes were dwarfing Planets and Stars, and so on.

2) His powers have certain conditions he can`t do certain things without a contract and without having to manipulate someone into one.

No discussion here, but outside of TOAA, I think that every character in Marvel have some restriction.

3) His Galactus fighting feat is OVERBLOWN. He didn`t win, he was scared that Galactus would consume his realm,

After Galactus couldn't defeat him.

Galactus was at a more weaker level of power and I believe its been clarified by the writers/handbooks that he didn`t hurt Galactus only stalemate him because he couldn`t die

Better than Odin with the hungry Galactus.

and he didn`t destroy galaxies or solar systems on his own it was through his battle with Galactus also it merely causes a disturbance in the galaxy not really destroy it.

He did, not Galaxies, but Solar Systems and is just read the panel.

He also said in the same story that he have sufficient power for destroy a Galaxy, and no, it wasn't because he was in his Realm and Surfer said that if they continued the battle, the universe might be in danger.

4) He has high-end feats but he has more lower end feats and has lost to weak characters even in his own turf.

Most of them have context though.

5) He didn`t outright beat Silver Surfer via a fair fight... When does Mephisto fight fair? He manipulated Norrin and Norrin`s pure soul was too much for him to handle... He had trouble with Silver Surfer as he admitted and his manipulations didn`t work in the end.

That instance isn't canon.

6) Dr. Doom is a similar case he just wanted to save his mother`s soul and Mephisto was the one getting in the way of that so through manipulation he gave Victor a hard time when in reality Dr Doom would own him given enough prep.

Doom would and did beat a lot of people with prep.

7) The Living Tribunal warns many entities below or above Mephisto about causing damage to the universe or just being important to the universe as the TOAA`s direct second in command of course he is going to warn Mephisto about his actions and what it might cause.

For someone that watch every Multiverse, it should have importance to LT go to Hell just to warn Mephisto

Watertaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvete_e_dcnauta:

Not really. Not on this forum at least.

Now, what you said perfectly describes Zoom's fans.

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_batman_ftw: Don't you mean Sentry is one of the most underrated? Some people think that characters only as powerful as TOAA can even challenge him.

gokuss4z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naruto Batman Dante Akuma. Especially Dante I've seen people put him at skyfather level.

Loki_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Loki_D

Where is Goku? Where is Toriko? Where is One Piece with their logias and so called "intangibility"?

Itachi is invincible, Naruto is FTL, and Temari is a universe buster. While holding back most of their power about 90%. Naruto characters still solo HST. They are overpowered not overrated.

gokuss4z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@loki_d: You're joking about naruto right?

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are are a good amount of overrated characters on CV I'll make a quick list in order:

Flash/Kid Flash/ Wally West (Any Flash related)

Zoom

Superman

Spider-man

Slade Wilson

Now I'll make a list of the top 5 most hated characters on CV that I personally like:

Hulk (Any version)

Quicksilver

Batman or anyone in the Bat family

Dr.Doom

Any and all DBZ/Naruto character.

Loki_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Loki_D
Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seriously disagree about the Naruto one.

gokuss4z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@loki_d said:

Where is Goku? Where is Toriko? Where is One Piece with their logias and so called "intangibility"?

Itachi is invincible, Naruto is FTL, and Temari is a universe buster. While holding back most of their power about 90%. Naruto characters still solo HST. They are overpowered not overrated.

Thank god someone understands, I thought I was the only one!

Even low level Naruto characters can bust universes, silly comic characters like the Living Tribunal and TOAA stand no chance. I mean Sasuke can create flames that CANNOT be put out, how is TOAA supposed to protect himself when he CANNOT put it out? It'll just burn the poor guy to death.

Naruto is underrated here, typical American comicbook website.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

MK characters of late

Naruto characters

Any speedster (more often then not)

Sentry

Dante

Although it pains me to say this as a Hal Jordan fan, Lanterns can sometimes be heavily overrated as well.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Hit-Girl and Dr. Doom.

umbranox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All characters really, cause of people's opinions. Unless we're talking same universe, same rules, and the writers actually stayed consistent in any numbers they put forth. (Lol fat chance, maybe some "hard" SciFi)

But that's boring, the funnest thing on this site so far for me is to mess with drooling fanboyism on both sides. And I can't do that if characters aren't made to be overrated by the people who are overating them.

Loki_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuss4z: According to Kishi's databook Temari can blow away the universe. I'm not questioning her power but I do know it will be suicide.

gokuss4z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By gokuss4z

@loki_d: You really expect me to believe that.

Avatar image for thenewbluebeetle007
TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doom, DSS, Wally West, Iceman, Goku.

Loki_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@umbranox: I know right. Those Iceman fans though and let's not forget Wonder Woman.

Loki_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Loki_D

@gokuss4z: Hey man for some odd reason Naruto character are restricted from using their full power.

Examples: Madara, Kaguya and the Edo Hokage along with the most restricted being Itachi

gokuss4z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By gokuss4z

@loki_d: Ok I'll give you talk no jutsu. But DBZ characters are restricted as well so they don't destroy the planet with a tiny ki blasts :)

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naruto is ending, so of course people are going to wank.

Overrated DC: Wonder Woman, Flash, Cassandra Cain, the average Green Lantern

Overrated Marvel: Hulk, Silver Surfer, Black Bolt, Juggs.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Stormdriven

Hulk and Cassandra Cain have been really overrated lately. Jason Todd has been as well. Can't forget Sentry either. CW Flash has been recently as well. Nearly forgot Apocalypse.

Loki_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuss4z: yeah that's true about dbz.

Some people don't like the databook. When Kishi is expressing how he feels how strong his characters are and he explains abilities that weren't explained in the manga. He mentioned the speed of light a few times.

Through Kishimoto's words Naruto characters can solo.

jas0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry has 2 fans on this forum that are annoying (the others are at least debatable).

I personally think his fight against MM is not a great feat since MM was distracted and it was not his most powerful version.

GR used to be overrated to a lot of his fans, but that doesn't happen like it used to.

gokuss4z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@loki_d: Fascinating I'll have to look up that data book.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By NeonGameWave
@jashro44 said:

Not sure if comicvine ate my post but Dante is overrated from what I have seen. Not an expert but he isn't as impressive as people make him out to be.

Many say this but can you prove it? Mundus created a universe and Dante beat him in his own realm also his feats are pretty consistent but I`m looking forward to your opinions.

@asmodeus12345 said:

@neongamewave:

Capturing Franklin Richards, One-shooting the Defenders, One-shotting Surfer, Absorbing all the souls on Earth, Beating The Avengers fairly easily, Almost destroyed the 616 in his battle with Satannish when he did grow to a size that just his eyes were dwarfing Planets and Stars, and so on.

Which is all inconsistent and it proves nothing. He did many of these things through manipulation and contracts he doesn`t operate that powerfully on his own power. He lost to Black Panther, Daredevil, the female Ghost Rider and you keep bringing up outdated classic feats which GREATLY contradicts with Marvel Now as they say.

No discussion here, but outside of TOAA, I think that every character in Marvel have some restriction.

That is the point. Having the Living Tribunal confront you isn`t anything special it happens a lot in the Marvel universe and there`s heavy context to it.

3) His Galactus fighting feat is OVERBLOWN. He didn`t win, he was scared that Galactus would consume his realm,

After Galactus couldn't defeat him.

Because he was in his realm and Mephisto couldn`t die... That`s about it and many usually agree that cosmic characters a lot of the times aren`t compatible with supernatural characters.

Galactus was at a more weaker level of power and I believe its been clarified by the writers/handbooks that he didn`t hurt Galactus only stalemate him because he couldn`t die

Better than Odin with the hungry Galactus.

Not really. Galactus was HUNGRY and barely nourished also he threatened to consume Mephisto`s realm which scared him.

and he didn`t destroy galaxies or solar systems on his own it was through his battle with Galactus also it merely causes a disturbance in the galaxy not really destroy it.

He did, not Galaxies, but Solar Systems and is just read the panel.

I read it many times it clearly talks about stars and constellations being threatened more than outright destroyed also again it wasn`t by Mephisto`s own power he has no feats to suggest he is capable of such destruction but Galactus does.

He also said in the same story that he have sufficient power for destroy a Galaxy, and no, it wasn't because he was in his Realm and Surfer said that if they continued the battle, the universe might be in danger.

I read that too and I knew you would bring it up eventually. He said it but he did not do it or demonstrate such power it was him bluffing and being full of himself which Mephisto is known for. He likes to use scare tactics and tries to be cunning in every sense of the word so its nothing that I would agree with. MIGHT and many characters say that in Marvel but nothing happens.... Mephisto just manipulated Norrin and he couldn`t consume him.

Most of them have context though.

I know that but the difference is the context makes my evidence more reasonable and truthful it doesn`t contradict also it happened multiple times not singularly so it isn`t PIS.

That instance isn't canon.

How? Do you have proof for this? Because many and I mean many people use that instance as Mephisto being above Herald level characters.

Doom would and did beat a lot of people with prep.

I agree.

For someone that watch every Multiverse, it should have importance to LT go to Hell just to warn Mephisto

But its not like Mephisto was the first or the last. The LT takes action with lower characters and it doesn`t prove Mephisto`s power when he doesn`t have enough feats to back him up.