The Mandarin for Captain America 3?

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 86

Edited By RavenVice01

As some of us may know, Robert Downey Jr is pretty sure or considering leaving Marvel Studios behind after the Infinity War movie. Kinda like Hugh Jackman will be done with Wolverine after the last Wolverine movie. Everybody wants closure but it leaves little room for anything else that could have been done which brings me to my point about the Mandarin.

A few people like myself have seen the Marvel short "All Hail the King" and the Manga movie "Iron Man: Rise of Technovore". Ezekiel Stane has been introduced to the MCU but not the way we had hoped. As for the Mandarin, Trevor Slattery who was played by Ben Kingsley was kidnapped by minions who serve the actual Mandarin.

This Marvel short was made to appease audience members like myself who were disappointed by the direction the Mandarin was given in Iron Man 3. At the same time, the short was kinda of a tease in order to give hope that actual Mandarin will appear in another Iron Man sequel but with Downey's eventual departure and no sign of a continuation for Iron Man, where does that leave the Mandarin or other Iron Man rogues?

I suppose the remaining Iron Man villains like the Ghost, Madame Masque or Spymaster can be utilized in Agents of SHIELD but it seems like such a waste of what could have been. But for the Mandarin, do u think it would be redundant for the Russo Brothers to include this Chinese warlord in their final installment of Captain America or would it be a benefit for the impact of the movie?

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Civil war has to be two parts, it's so packed.

Captain america

Ironman

Winter Soldier

Falcon

Black Widow

Crossbones.... And many many more but because it's marvel no one would complain.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#2 god_spawn  Moderator

I don't think rewriting a wrong that had a minimal affect on the MCU at the sacrifice of leaving out a potential new Cap villain and potentially screwing up Marvel's best handled series so far is worth it. Inserting the Mandarin in the Cap movie-verse would just seem forced to me when we know that Hydra is what Cap is dealing with.

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This made me think, I really wanna see Namor in the mcu.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kfabz-23: I agree there is going to be a lot happening with very little room for chit chat unless its witty. When Steven disappears and goes to Wakanda with T'Challa, Bucky will become the new Cap and Falcon will be his brother in arms.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roboshark: When the Fantastic Four reboot fails, its my deepest hope that Marvel will buy back the rights soon and forget about buying back Spider-Man. With the Fantastic Four back with Marvel Studios, they can initiate Phase 4 thereby allowing Namor and Silver Surfer to appear in a movie of their own.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A good thing in my opinion.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

As long as the REAL Mandarin shows up and he's portrayed well, I'm good

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingwebhead: God_Spawn says "I don't think rewriting a wrong that had a minimal affect on the MCU at the sacrifice of leaving out a potential new Cap villain and potentially screwing up Marvel's best handled series so far is worth it. Inserting the Mandarin in the Cap movie-verse would just seem forced to me when we know that Hydra is what Cap is dealing with."

I kinda agree. It does feel forced if mandarin is included in the civil war movie but that marvel short gave me hope for more iron man movies and now I feel like it's being taken away. Nobody likes their hopes shattered.

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By amazing_webhead

@amazingwebhead: God_Spawn says "I don't think rewriting a wrong that had a minimal affect on the MCU at the sacrifice of leaving out a potential new Cap villain and potentially screwing up Marvel's best handled series so far is worth it. Inserting the Mandarin in the Cap movie-verse would just seem forced to me when we know that Hydra is what Cap is dealing with."

I kinda agree. It does feel forced if mandarin is included in the civil war movie but that marvel short gave me hope for more iron man movies and now I feel like it's being taken away. Nobody likes their hopes shattered.

Point taken. (Though I never really liked Civil War anyway)

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I suppose they could do a Manga movie with the return of the actual Mandarin because it would seem kinda silly to the general audience if the real Mandarin makes his presence known by killing Trevor Slattery and saying he doesn't appreciate the dishonor that Iron Man and AIM brought to him.

The last two Manga Marvel movies had the Punisher as a lead character. Maybe this time, the Mandarin is in control of the Triads and the Punisher is after him but he can't do it alone so Iron Man joins the fight. They could title the movie: The Mandarin Strikes Back.

Avatar image for BappyRonChantin
BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

It wouldn't be as great as seeing the real Mandarin in an actual Iron man movie, but I like the idea.

Impervious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I just want to see Baron Zemo and Taskmaster make a debut in a MCU Captain America movie. :(( IS THAT SO HARD TO ASK FOR, RUSSO BROS. ?!?

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingwebhead: The funny part is that the fake Mandarin in Iron Man 3 was a really menacing villain, until we met him of course. If they do that again, this time for real, I'll be happy.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#16  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

It still should have been Dr Doom in Avengers instead of Loki...can't wait til Marvel gets all their characters back.

But no Mandarin shouldn't be in Cap 3. I want Red Skull to be the main antagonist.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RavenVice01

@impervious: I think Daniel bruhl is gonna be playing Baron zemo or as his alter ego: citizen v. I would save taskmaster for a black widow or Hawkeye movie

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultrastarkiller: I would save the red skull as an opposing force for thanos during the infinity war. Red skull must hav learned some extraordinary and frightening things while out in space.

One could say the red skull gathers the three earthbound stones and thanos has the other three. Soul gem, moonstone (mind gem) and the heart of ka (time gem). I used to think the mind gem would be annihilius cosmic control rod but I guess he still belongs to FF and 20th century fox. So no annihilation wave movie yet :(

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingwebhead: The funny part is that the fake Mandarin in Iron Man 3 was a really menacing villain, until we met him of course. If they do that again, this time for real, I'll be happy.

Agreed