The Legend of Zelda 1990 / '91 comics series: Confusing!?

ImaPaqRat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ImaPaqRat

The Legend of Zelda 1990 comics: 5 issue series and 7 issue series: Confusing!? [My bad . . . the 7th issue is actually the 7th issue of the Nintendo Comic Systems, so both series only have 5 issues, but there are still have a lot of differences in those 5 issues.]

Does anybody have any details about the two Legend of Zelda comic series published in 1990 / 1991 by Valiant. Some issues share the same cover art, but some issues swap cover art from one series to the other.

No Caption Provided

Even thought the indicia are identical for the Vol. #, No. #, and ISSN #; the 5 issue series just has the year (1990) while the 7 issue series has the month and year (Feb. 1991 for Issue #1).

The paper stock is different, the advertising is different . . . there is a lot of difference but I can’t find any details about there being 2 actual series.

I have also noticed that even Mile High Comic has mixed the two series on their page.

Just wondering if anybody has any documentation about the two different series and why there were two runs?

Thanks,

Bruce “ImaPaqRat” Fisher

Here is a sample if Issues 1 & 5 from both series:

Binski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Maybe one is a collection of all the old Nintendo power strips?

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Its probably just as confusing as the Zelda timeline