Tell me what you guys think:

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By comicace3

There have been eleven episodes already? I must've missed some....

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

wow tenzin put up such a good fight he has my respect for making zaheer be so defensive and had to get the others to help. Kya gave ming the best resistance since the series started as well. Over all every impressed nice episode just a shame zuko may not journey with them to help free the air nomads.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

just a shame zuko may not journey with them to help free the air nomads.

I did like his reaction to Korra having spoken with Iroh. Out of all of the relationships from the original series, Zuko and Iroh's was probably the one fans loved the most. Seeing Zuko go from a troubled teen to a mature man, seeing his uncle stand with him, even through the most difficult times, it's almost impossible not to love their father/son relationship.

So seeing Zuko's reaction, as I assume since Iroh's death Zuko hasn't spoken to his uncle, it just brings all of the times we remember them together from ATLA and it's a nice seen that they put in there for old school fans.

What I love about this episode was how it brought by the classic Avatar fights we were use to in ATLA. Some have complained that the fights in Books 1 and 2 weren't on par with the fights from the original series, but I like the different style they presented in LoK though I did enjoy this three way fight. I honestly was expecting Tenzin to die, especially after that whole "as long as I breath" comment...I couldn't help but cringe, having the Earth Queen's death still fresh on my mind.

And going back to the whole feeling that someone was going to die. Even though Tenzin is one of the core characters in the show, he's still a supporting character. Like the original series, the only people I see NOT dying is Team Avatar, which would be Korra, Mako, Asami, and Bolin. Anyone else, in my mind, is up for grabs and this episode really reminded me of that...the feeling that at any moment someone could bite the dust and die, that's something that makes this show such an emotional journey...because really anything can happen.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: hmm it is true anyone can be up for grabs it seems other than them. It would not surprise me if Korra's dad didn't make it. I knew they would not kill tenzin he is the main bait, but i'm glad bumi and kya got away.

SteelofValyria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I moved a few weeks ago, and now I don't get the channel it's on anymore. :-(

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
@theacidskull said:

Tenzen is the most badass man in avatar history.

If he dies, I will most likely have a heart attack.

That fight scene was pretty epic. I actually love how it goes in line with what Zuko had told Korra earlier in the episode, about how rebuilding the Air Nation was Aang's dream and that he would have done anything to protect it. We see that literally happen with Tenzin, as at first it seemed he was going to sit back and be used by the Black Lotus, but then we see him go all out and it's freakin' awesome! xD

Also, I loved Bumi's mixture of Air Bending and random non-bending during his fight. Despite him now being an Airbender, it was nice to see him revert back to his non-bending fighting skills. Kya also had some great showings.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer said:
@theacidskull said:

Tenzen is the most badass man in avatar history.

If he dies, I will most likely have a heart attack.

That fight scene was pretty epic. I actually love how it goes in line with what Zuko had told Korra earlier in the episode, about how rebuilding the Air Nation was Aang's dream and that he would have done anything to protect it. We see that literally happen with Tenzin, as at first it seemed he was going to sit back and be used by the Black Lotus, but then we see him go all out and it's freakin' awesome! xD

Also, I loved Bumi's mixture of Air Bending and random non-bending during his fight. Despite him now being an Airbender, it was nice to see him revert back to his non-bending fighting skills. Kya also had some great showings.

Agreed, I was really hoping he'd cut loose, and I gotta admit, even though the Red Lotus won in the end, Tenzin pretty much gave them a run for their money!

Bumi was as always awesome, I'm glad they touched upon the fact that he wasn't a skilled bender, but like Sokka he was a good fighter and accidental genius!:D

I also liked how they compared Tenzin and Zaheer's skills as Airbenders. I know some fans were upset, feeling Zaheer was becoming a "master" Airbender too quickly, so seeing him actually go up against a master and the difference between the two, I thought was a nice comparison.

Back in Book Two, when Bumi accidentally took out the entire Northern Water Tribe camp in one single stroke, I seriously said out loud that he had a little bit of his "Uncle Sokka" in him. xD

Personally I wish we'd get some more information of Sokka, and more importantly what happened with him and Suki. At the end of the original series they're together and an open couple, and in the follow comics they are still in a relationship. We've learned more about what happened to Toph this past season, so I'm hoping Book 4, as it's suppose to be the final book in LoK, will touch on what happened between Sokka and Suki, like if they got married, had kids, etc. It be nice to get some closure on that end, at least for the fans of those two characters.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

@steelofvalyria: It is not on TV anymore it is an internet exclusive show now. You can watch it at Nick.com