#1 Edited by lorbo (1541 posts) - - Show Bio

If I had powers and wore a costume with a cape I definitely wouldn't be fighting crime. I would be an on-call hero at most. And I would be picky about what assignments I took up.

How about you guys? You have to wear a superhero costume BTW. For this thread. Like the classic spandex type with a cape or without.

Full-time heroes have always bothered me a bit. Seems that all the constant capture and release of villains seems fishy. Almost as if heroes pay the villains to do crime so heroes will still have a job (surprised no one has explored that to my knowledge, it would definitely give a reason for the pattern set).

My OC Optic is a hero in the same manner I would be, emergencies only, not stuff the cops can handle.

#2 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

Did you change it again? (you promised :'( XD)

Anyway, I think I would be a full time hero since I don't really have that much else going on.

#3 Edited by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

I would blow stuff up...

#4 Posted by ZombieMowlcher (677 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd bugger off and explore SPAAAAAAAAAAAACE!

#5 Posted by Jokergeist (4935 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd dominate the world and redesign it in my image...

...Then destroy it.

#6 Posted by SirMethos (1321 posts) - - Show Bio

It would depend on the powers. But for the most part, I don't think the term "hero" would fit.

#7 Edited by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5783 posts) - - Show Bio

I would do nothing special. I would never fight crime or do crime for fear of getting caught and being captured or having to live a life on the run. I'd probably use my powers to get myself ahead in life but use them discretely.

#8 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (16721 posts) - - Show Bio

No superhero costumes. Only disguise.. And if there is some annoying newspaper editor, I'd scare him till he learns to stay away.

#9 Posted by AnyWhichWayButUp (760 posts) - - Show Bio

I really wouldn't do much unless lives were at stake

#10 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

The best kind.

#11 Edited by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

One with a god complex.

#12 Posted by Aiden Cross (15562 posts) - - Show Bio

A crappy one

#13 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

I would have a life and on my spare time fight crime. I would definitely NOT wear spandex, it would be make look like a costumed freak. I'll just dress in normal clothes with a mask to cover my face.

#14 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

A politically incorrect one with some bible thumping overtones that fight social reform :)

cuz I can

#15 Edited by lorbo (1541 posts) - - Show Bio

@bluelantern1995:

Forgot to mention that you have to wear a classic spandex costume. Cape or no cape LOL.

#16 Edited by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty sure I wouldn't advertise my powers and become a superhero. If I had to wear a costume, I'd just dress like a rock star.

If I could choose my powers, I'd choose telepathy and X-Ray vision. Like Hitman but I wouldn't be a hitman. I'd just resume my normal activities and quietly take advantage of society.

#17 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3526 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd be selfishly independent, just using my powers to tweak things to make life easier. The only time I'd get involved would be if a threat to reality came along. Otherwise, I'd chill out with my telepathy and reality alteration in my mansion living the good life.

I think most superheroes are secretly villains at this point.

#18 Edited by i_like_swords (13970 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd use whatever power I have to do stuff along the lines of create a self-sustaining energy source for the whole planet or cure disease. Just in general make the world a better place. But not before freezing time and performing gruesome sexual acts upon several of the girls in my school. :)

#19 Posted by CaptainLantern76 (551 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by Hyperlight (5708 posts) - - Show Bio

im the kinda guy that would want my powers to be my costume like cloak or the human torch. would probably wear an incredibly durable black polo and some nice jeans with something to cover my face if necessary.

being a reactive superhero in this world wouldnt work. there isnt enough crime and probably isnt a way for you to intervene while they are taking place. So I would take a much more proactive approach and start treating the diseases instead of fighting the symptoms. I would feed hungry children and build houses and clean stuff up. of course all of this is depending on how powerful i am. I wouldnt be fearful of my own power though...

#21 Posted by comicace3 (4636 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd use my powers to simply beat the sh!t out of criminals.