#1 Posted by SOG7dc (8153 posts) - - Show Bio

Just seems plain UN-American not to have one.

For my birthday im getting "Jack Kirby's fourth world" and im super excited about it (i turned 21 today). So i figured that we should have some place to talk about and remember Jack Kirby. any suggestions of anything written by him?

#2 Posted by KingAres109 (1333 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I'm fairly new to some comics.But being Darkseid is my fave,I would recommend anything with the New Gods in it.Also,Jack created a lot of characters. Lol...And happy c-day bro:)

#3 Posted by SOG7dc (8153 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Edited by BR_Havoc (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

The man built the look of this industry there is nothing anyone can take away from Jack he is a legend and one of the greatest artists of all time.

#5 Posted by KingAres109 (1333 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: No problem..Turning 21 feels almost as good as turning 18..Lol..Great upsides for both.

#6 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (6469 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm surprised this hasn't been done before. You'd think the King of Comics would get more respect

#7 Posted by hart7668 (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

BOOM

#8 Posted by RustyRoy (13968 posts) - - Show Bio

Its Un-human not to have one.

#9 Posted by RustyRoy (13968 posts) - - Show Bio

#10 Posted by dondave (38897 posts) - - Show Bio

As influential as he was, I still can't stand his art

#11 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8720 posts) - - Show Bio

He helped bring back Captain America. That's enough for a respect tread in my book.

#12 Posted by judasnixon (7224 posts) - - Show Bio

#13 Posted by Billy Batson (58349 posts) - - Show Bio

He helped bring back Captain America. That's enough for a respect tread in my book.

He also created him as well.

BB

#14 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12645 posts) - - Show Bio

I respect the guy a lot because of how important he was to the comic book industry in it's early days but I can't help but think most of the people on here "love" him just because it's the popular thing to do.

#15 Posted by AllStarSuperman (23001 posts) - - Show Bio

He met Donatello

#16 Posted by hart7668 (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

I respect the guy a lot because of how important he was to the comic book industry in it's early days but I can't help but think most of the people on here "love" him just because it's the popular thing to do.

Or he's popular because a lot of people love him.

loljk you're probably right.

#17 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (12645 posts) - - Show Bio

@hart7668 said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

I'm just saying that there are tons of people on here who praise the guy saying he's the one of the greatest of all time but most of them probably haven't read a single comic he's actually written or drawn. He definitely deserves all the praise he gets but need to understand why he's so praised instead of knowing it.

Sorry to @sog7dc for bringing a tad of negativity in here. I think it's great you made this thread.

#18 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8720 posts) - - Show Bio

@billy_batson said:

@battle_forum_junkie said:

He also created him as well.

BB

Right, but even though his art in the older comics was good, I still prefer his newer work in Tales of Suspense and forward.

This fight in particular has stuck in my mind ever since I read it.

You can almost feel each punch that's being thrown.

#19 Edited by SOG7dc (8153 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm so excited for the new gods

#20 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8720 posts) - - Show Bio

@hart7668 said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

I'm just saying that there are tons of people on here who praise the guy saying he's the one of the greatest of all time but most of them probably haven't read a single comic he's actually written or drawn. He definitely deserves all the praise he gets but need to understand why he's so praised instead of knowing it.

Sorry to @sog7dc for bringing a tad of negativity in here. I think it's great you made this thread.

I've read allot of comics he's drawn (One of my favorite Captain America artists), but none that he's written. Could you recommend any?

#21 Edited by dagmar_merrill (10313 posts) - - Show Bio

@arturocalakayvee said:

@hart7668 said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

I've read allot of comics he's drawn (One of my favorite Captain America artists), but none that he's written. Could you recommend any?

New Gods.