The Irony of the Joker Variant

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Jacthripper

As most, if not all of you know, the Joker Variant for Batgirl was pulled back due to SJWs being SJWs. I just realized a bit of irony from the feminist perspective.

Feminists are searching for equality, correct? From this picture, we see Batgirl terrified of the Joker, but she's not in any actual danger. However, if you look at the cover of A Death in the Family, you see Jason Todd, battered and dead. Since we should be equal, why shouldn't we have the image from TKJ where Batgirl is shot, or the photographs that Joker gave to Gordon to try to drive him mad? That's equal treatment, right? This just shows how overreactive hat people are. What does the image show that is offensive? Perhaps a tear in Batgirls eye? If Joker had his arm around me, I would probably be crying like a sick toddler! Anyone would probably be terrified, and I think it shows part of Batgirls character, because if I was standing with the guy who crippled and mocked me, I think one might not be able to even stand.

The other point I've seen that people are making is that Joker shouldn't do this, which is ridiculous.

Seriously, people saying that Joker is discriminatory against women are high on something, do they realize that Joker has killed, tortured, maimed, and otherwise desecrated over 1,000 random people in the comics in his history? The Joker doesn't "see" gender as a reason to hold back, he does whatever he wants!

Rant over, salt released, I'm going to go manage my tourney.

-Peace, War, all that Jazz

Artyom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This just shows how overreactive hat people are.

Question. What are "hat people?"

Artyom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jacthripper

@artyom: It's a typo, but I'm just going to pretend that it means people who are wearing their ass as a hat.

Artyom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artyom: It's a typo, but I'm just going to pretend that it means people who are wearing their ass as a hat.

I'm going to pretend it's a race of sentient humanoids with fedoras, sombreros, and other kinds of hats for bodies. They're here to be hypocritical, and ruin good stuff for people like you and me.

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol i wonder what a feminist would say if you show them a death in the family cover.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jacthripper
Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

I was actually going to do a picture on deviantART where Joker has his arm aroundRobin instead of Batgirl and he's asking the readers what the difference is

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Artyom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol i wonder what a feminist would say if you show them a death in the family cover.

I asked myself the same question, and went to YouTube to argue with feminists that supported the idea of removing the cover. I showed them Death in the Family, and Death of Superman. In their rebuttal they COMPLETELY disregarded the links I provided them other than saying she checked them out. After that she told how sexist and hypocritical I am.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because they want superiority

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

The whole #ChangeTheCover debacle was stupid from both sides. I thought this was really funny though.

No Caption Provided

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for quinnofthestoneage
QuinnoftheStoneAge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because they are not true feminists, they want superiority

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joe_Chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Joe_Chill

@artyom said:

@midnightdragon18 said:

I asked myself the same question, and went to YouTube to argue with feminists that supported the idea of removing the cover. I showed them Death in the Family, and Death of Superman. In their rebuttal they COMPLETELY disregarded the links I provided them other than saying she checked them out. After that she told how sexist and hypocritical I am.

No Caption Provided

Artyom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artyom said:

@midnightdragon18 said:

No Caption Provided

I went to YT because everyone there lacks brain cells, and I thought I could educate them...I was wrong. It's like a sea of Sloths (from The Goonies)

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

We can let it go now people....

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I swear feminists are getting on my nerves more each year.

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artyom: I totally agree, feminists don't care about equality, they care about complaining about what makes themselves uncomfortable and ruining everyone's fun.

Artyom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artyom: I totally agree, feminists don't care about equality, they care about complaining about what makes themselves uncomfortable and ruining everyone's fun.

Yep. That is almost 10000000% true.

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I wonder how many people who wanted the cover changed actually follow comics?

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@edblank said:

I wonder how many people who wanted the cover changed actually follow comics?

How many people who want the cover read the series?
BB

SuperAdam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SuperAdam

Also, what annoys me is how SJW's complain how there aren't enough female superheroes in comics. They demand comic book companies "put their money where their mouth is" and produce more female superheroes. Then, when they give in and do, SJW's DON'T buy the comics, and the series is inevitably canned. Then SJW's complain about the series being canned.

They just want to feel superior to everyone else. They expect everyone to bend over backwards for them. They likely grew up as a pampered white woman, with parents that thought they could do no wrong, and men who worshiped the ground they walk on. Then they go online, and wonder why people online don't treat them the same way.

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper: double standard is disgusting, nobody cared when a girl put her in compromising position.

No Caption Provided

I guess hearts make it acceptable, eh?

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dont Call Them SJW or Social Justice Warriors, that would mean they want justice, thats everything but what they want.

Thats why i call them McHeroes.

No Caption Provided

They will never buy comics, its time to notice this people only loves to complaint and look for fictional problems to push real censorship.

No Caption Provided

Total Biscuit:

I made this point myself a while ago, the idea that harassment is tailored to the person and that yes, the kind of asshole that would troll and harass you is probably also a misogynist, a homophobe or whatever else (because well, they're an asshole). It's a tragic reality that the threat of rape is an extremely effective thing to use to hurt someone emotionally and is more effective against women than it is against men because its something women on average think about more often than men (though there are exceptions, such as say a victim of child abuse or an ex-convict, who may have either experienced rape himself in a prison environment or was almost certainly exposed to the possibility of it). The recent PEW study indicates that harassment types vary, but not that women are harassed on average more than men. They are harassed in different ways because an abuser identifies the most effective attack vector for the person and exploits it to do maximum emotional damage. As a heterosexual white man, things that an abuser might attack include career success, appearance, sexual history/prowess, social status, my masculinity in general, my sexual orientation or in many cases, one of the most effective, members of my family. A homosexual is more likely to be attacked for merely being gay and an abuser may attempt to exploit the persons insecurities about their sexuality, assuming they have any or perhaps attempt to invoke memories of previous homophobic abuse they may have suffered. Someone might argue that to not endure homophobia is a privilege. I can see your point to some extent, but to an abuser that is not a shield, not at all. It merely means they have to select a different tool for the job. Are these groups harassed MORE on average than your average male online? Well [citation needed] on that one.

Now this is all a conversation that could be had. But instead apparently it's more important to tell people that they are greatly privileged because there are more posters of men on the walls of Gamestop than there of women. Right, ok, that might be a bit of a first world problem there. You want more diverse characters in games? Great, 100% behind you on that one, let's do it, lots of games are boring and more diversity in characters and writing would help alleviate some of that. You want to attain it by condemning perfectly good characters we already have? Slut-shaming Bayonetta? Lying about Hitman: Absolution? Wilfully misrepresenting the work of developers as misogynistic? Making outrageous, uncited, unscientific claims about how videogames cause players to develop misogynistic attitudes in real life? Using silly circular logic like "the more you think you aren't affected, the more likely you are to be affected". Is that going to achieve any good what-so-ever? Justice achieved through lies is not justice.

If you want to cure the problem of assholes online well. Good luck, I don't know how to do that, but you could probably start by not deliberately antagonising people you disagree with and refusing to engage in any form of rational discourse. That might be a start.

Bring me your female leads, your female villains, your reasonably clothed NPCs. Bring me your transgendered, your varied ethnicities and sexual orientations. Bring me your overweight, your mentally ill, your disadvantaged minority groups of all kinds. Just, leave the bullshit on the boat. No, mayonnaise is not a gender.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@vivide:

No, the Simone was trying to be edgy with her run so that cover fits.

BB

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By _Mongul

@amazingwebhead: Absolutely do it. Tag me in a post when you make it, I want to save it and spread it everywhere.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

#28  Edited By amazing_webhead
@_mongul said:

@amazingwebhead: Absolutely do it. Tag me in a post when you make it, I want to save it and spread it everywhere.

okay! (just remember to credit me)

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@billy_batson: Its only okay if female characters do it, the double standard is strong

No Caption Provided

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#31  Edited By judasnixon

#CHANGE THE COVER

#BRING BACK THE COVER

I wish both of you would just go away......... Art is subjective....

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Woah.....

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Avatar image for mondomamabrains
Mondomamabrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Mondomamabrains

The cover was pulled not for ist sexism but because of the fact that it's tone didn't fit with the fun and edgy batgirl run. It was also very strongly referencing The Killing Joke, in which (as I'm sure your all familiar with) she is shot in the spine, stripped and had photos taken of her naked body in order to make Gordon go insane. That is why this cover was pulled. It is not censorship, the artist wanted to take it down and it isn't because of sexism. I personally really liked the cover. It was emotional and well done but I do think it was the wrong tone for this Run. Yes people complained about it being sexist but those are the wannabe feminists who think that being angry at everything creates equality.