The greatest hero in DC?

• 56 results
EuniceGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll The greatest hero in DC? (97 votes)

Batman 30%
Superman 48%
Flash 5%
Wonder Woman 3%
Aquaman 4%
Green Lantern(Hal Jordan) 9%
 • 
Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

supes. no contest. come at me batman fanboys.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Batman. I relate to him more. I don't hate Superman, but I'm just apathetic towards him. And I think Batman is cooler :)

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Truth, Justice and the American way.

The Man Of Tomorrow, no contest.

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

superman (after seeing his film I know love him)

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Superman is.

But I like Batman more. I think he has a more interesting character, and cooler, too.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So basically this is a popularity contest between Superman and Batman. Maybe Flash and Hal will get a few votes. Sorry Wondy, you're not getting much.

I'll be checking this poll nonetheless.

MrShway88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What do you mean by "greatest"? It's a vague term. You mean most powerful? My personal favorite? Character wise?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@battle_forum_junkie:

QFT. Only thing I disagree with is with Supes being DC's best hero. Batman is without a doubt the best DC's superhero. I think he is more interesting, cooler, and more complex than Supes.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman. He embodies all the qualities of a true hero. Batman is more of a vigilante out to avenge the death of his parents and will never truly be satisfied with his own efforts.

Catsnlynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Flash. Barry Allen.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

@arkhamc1tizen: how could you vote for him after seein the film? The whole reason for that destruction on earth was because of him. Zod wanted Supes, yet he decides to fly around and battle him in ultra-populated Metropolis. Pretty boneheaded move.

Batman. It's always been Batman, always will be. Deal, haters.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@wolverine08 said:

@battle_forum_junkie:

QFT. Only thing I disagree with is with Supes being DC's best hero. Batman is without a doubt the best DC's superhero. I think he is more interesting, cooler, and more complex than Supes.

@lone_wolf_and_cub said:

Superman. He embodies all the qualities of a true hero. Batman is more of a vigilante out to avenge the death of his parents and will never truly be satisfied with his own efforts.

I agree with Lone Wolf here. I think Supes is the better "hero" although I'd take bats over Kal any day.

But, everyone's entitled to there own opinion.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14 the_stegman  Moderator

Superman is the greatest in every sense of the word. He's the most well loved by the DC public as well as the most well known. He inspires others to be better, he even inspired two teams of heroes in the future. Not to mention that his powers make him more successful than most others.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extremis said:

@arkhamc1tizen: how could you vote for him after seein the film? The whole reason for that destruction on earth was because of him. Zod wanted Supes, yet he decides to fly around and battle him in ultra-populated Metropolis. Pretty boneheaded move.

Batman. It's always been Batman, always will be. Deal, haters.

You could say the same for batman. in the dark knight Hundreds of people died because batman didnt turn himself in. Please get your fanboy butt out of here

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eternal19: the difference is that person voted based on the movie, whereas I didn't vote based on TDK. So spare me, hater, and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extremis said:

@eternal19: the difference is that person voted based on the movie, whereas I didn't vote based on TDK. So spare me, hater, and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

you were attacking a guy for liking a movie. you sound very immature for attacking people with different opinions. and you calling me a hater proves it. Im done talking to you.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To me it will always be Batman.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

though he is not my fave i voted superman

DigbyKong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Booster Gold! The greatest hero the world has never known!

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eternal19: I didn't attack him. You're being defensive and over sensitive. Not to mention throwing me under the bus. This is a discussion thread where people share their opinions, simple as that. If you don't like it you can leave, but don't berate me for having an opinion you simply don't agree with. Go whine someplace else. Maybe then you'll find someone more suited to coddle your delicate sensibilities.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: hear hear! The Caped Crusader is the one I'd want watching over my city.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extremis said:

@eternal19: I didn't attack him. You're being defensive and over sensitive. Not to mention throwing me under the bus. This is a discussion thread where people share their opinions, simple as that. If you don't like it you can leave, but don't berate me for having an opinion you simply don't agree with. Go whine someplace else. Maybe then you'll find someone more suited to coddle your delicate sensibilities.

Calling me sensitive. when you obviously tried to throw another user under the bus for liking a movie you didnt like. Im the one whining. hah, you're the one obviously getting defensive.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Martian Manhunter

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eternal19: of course I am being defensive. When someone picks an altercation with me for no reason other than to throw me under the bus on a public forum, I'm going to defend myself. I was airing my opinion. You know no other way to do that than to be petty and masquerade as some crusading defender of posters. But you're really just a flamer instigating.

You tried to bring up the Dark Knight as if it had any relevance to what I was saying (which it didn't) probably just so you could get into an altercation and call someone a fanboy. After that mishap you probably feel like a fool, so you'll continue (even after this I presume) making yourself look foolish for the sake of not backing down. But whatever, I'll let you have the last word as I'm sure you'd like that. I, on the otherhand, don't care to respond to you anymore. I just don't care to be publicly scolded by some self-righteous internet poster. So I'll leave it at that.

Avatar image for beaniemanmartinez
beaniemanmartinez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No votes for Aquaman? lmao no love for the Aquaman!

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is my fave, but I have to admit Supes is DC's flag.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would feel safer if Superman was watching me then Batman.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beaniemanmartinez: poor AM. The guy's The Lord of the sea for crying out loud! Everyone holds that against him but there's far more water than there is land on Earth. Not to mention there's so much we don't know about what goes on in the ocean.

I got your back, yo

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman

The entire hero community looks up to Superman for guidance look at Kingdom Come it all went to sh!t without him.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By comicace3

@thetimestreamer said:

supes. no contest. come at me batman fanboys.

That's ironic because you have a batman icon. Lolz. And I pick bats.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ComicStooge
No Caption Provided

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extremis said:

@eternal19: of course I am being defensive. When someone picks an altercation with me for no reason other than to throw me under the bus on a public forum, I'm going to defend myself. I was airing my opinion. You know no other way to do that than to be petty and masquerade as some crusading defender of posters. But you're really just a flamer instigating.

You tried to bring up the Dark Knight as if it had any relevance to what I was saying (which it didn't) probably just so you could get into an altercation and call someone a fanboy. After that mishap you probably feel like a fool, so you'll continue (even after this I presume) making yourself look foolish for the sake of not backing down. But whatever, I'll let you have the last word as I'm sure you'd like that. I, on the otherhand, don't care to respond to you anymore. I just don't care to be publicly scolded by some self-righteous internet poster. So I'll leave it at that.

you are the one looking like a fool. What i said was relevant to the comment. You said something and i came up with a counter. now you are just being immature inculting people over the internet. you just proved me correct.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Extremis

@comicstooge: who's the artist on that one? It's pretty dope

Invincitonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Truth, Justice and the American way.

The Man Of Tomorrow, no contest.

I couldn't agree more.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SideburnGuru

I voted Green Lantern, personally.

If we're talking, all time Greatest DC Hero? It's Superman. Hands down.

However, don't know if TC wants my opinon, or ____. Personally, my favorite is Green Lantern. I could see why people would vote for Superman though.

bornonamonday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By bornonamonday

I feel like this is a loaded question, of course a ton of people are going to say Superman a week after a very good movie about him just came out. Ask this question a week after The Dark Knight Rises came out and it would be overwhelmingly Batman. Looking at the body of actual work(comics) Batman wins this hands down with Green Lantern coming in second. Supes has been written so inconsistently that most of his story arcs are largely forgettable with the exception of the really good stuff(Red Son, All-Star Supes, Earth One) all of which isn't cannon to the main DC universe :/

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bornonamonday: wow very well said and agreed on most accounts. My gripe would be the Hal beig second part (instead of lower). But I could see what you're saying as currently (and for the past decade) he's been getting great treatment. And all of it is in continuity.

CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course Superman is the greatest hero I feel bettee protected by him then some guy in a Bat suit

Avatar image for anywhichwaybutup
AnyWhichWayButUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why's everyone saying Batman and Superman? Batman lets Joker kill thousands every week, and Superman's moral code isn't all that great.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

@anywhichwaybutup: And that's why I picked Wonder Woman. She has all the things I like about Superman but the thing about her is that she's not afraid to kill should the situation require it. That's why if someone like the Joker came to my city I know she'd snap his neck in a heart beat.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Batman is the greatest hero ever. And it's not even close.

Avatar image for cloudzackvincent
cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman... he is supposed the shining beacon of hope and epitome of morality.. other superheroes look up to.. however, all these seems to be changing a bit since the reboot.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Top 3 DC Superheroes

Superman

Kal-El

Clark Kent

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#49  Edited By 2chimcha3

I'm a Green Lantern guy and even I have to say Superman is the greatest hero of them all.

tikhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll first say that I'm not being a wise ass.

I'd like to hear someone's argument that Aquaman is the greatest hero in the DC universe. I've grown to respect him more in recent years.

It's clearly Aquaman because he probably has the hardest time of it. Everyone loves Superman and Wonder Woman. Green Lantern is respected among the Green Lantern Corps and a lot of the Universe. Nobody ever disrespects Flash but they do Aquaman. Batman has the biggest group of heroes take after him; Dick, Tim, Jason, Damien, Barbara, Cassandra, The Nightwings, every country has a Batman. Aquaman is respected by no-one the police feel embarrassed when he stops a crime, the people he apprehends laugh in his face, the public treat him like a joke and yet he still continues to help them even though he could just sit on a throne all day and just let others deal with his problems. I am sure if Batman or Superman weren't as popular to the public then they would probably have a different view on life but no they are the most respected heroes there are.