The GL books constantly talk about PRE 52

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Im re reading Green Lantern New Guardians and this book in particular constantly talks about events that happened before New 52. Its awesome and Im surprised I hadnt noticed before.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

For the record, Pre 52 is not the correct term, the correct term is Post Crisis

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

eh, they both use a prefix to describe events in DC. Does DC officially refer to events before new 52 as post crisis?

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@sodamyat: That depends, if they took place in Post Crisis then yes, if not then they refer to whatever continuity the events took place in.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat: That depends, if they took place in Post Crisis then yes, if not then they refer to whatever continuity the events took place in.

Ok, so then Pre 52 works just as well as post crisis. No big deal. Anyway, I love that they keep mentioning it. I wanted to create a thread to spread awareness because I get the feeling that people that dont read DC think that the Lanterns arent really the same as pre 52 despite the DC brass saying theyre the same and hardly anything was changed from pre 52 to new 52.

TehStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TehStranger

@captainmarvel4ever said:

I read an interview a few days ago with Dan Didio where he was talking about the upcoming "Convergence" event and in it he referred to the Pre-Flashpoint universe as the Pre-New 52 universe

"The first week is really set in the Pre-Flashpoint DC Universe, which is also known as the pre-New 52 DCU..."

I just wanted to point that out as I use the term Pre-52 a lot, and both terms can be used and work equally as well.

If your interested in reading that interview here's the link.

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever said:

I read an interview a few days ago with Dan Didio where he was talking about the upcoming "Convergence" event and in it he referred to the Pre-Flashpoint universe as the Pre-New 52 universe

"The first week is really set in the Pre-Flashpoint DC Universe, which is also known as the pre-New 52 DCU..."

I just wanted to point that out as I use the term Pre-52 a lot, and both terms can be used and work equally as well.

If your interested in reading that interview here's the link.

he might saw the but action comics #1 where superman made his first appearance is pre new 52

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I re-read 5 more issues after i posted this thread and there were tons more refrences to the events before new 52. Its awesome, and I honestly think people that dont read dc comics dont know that and just think that theyre not at all the same characters.