Meh it was okay

Avatar image for innovationincarnate
InnovationIncarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This episode felt rushed with the Atom-Smasher subplot, which didn't even develop until the very end. Also, Ronnie died? He already vanished once and now he's gone again? What? It just feels so...needless. So...tasteless. Like I said, he already died (apparently) once, and now they kill him off again? For what? Wasn't Eddie's death enough of a motivator for Flash and Caitlin's guilt? It's so disrespectful to Team Flash and what they went through to get him back. Like I said, a needless and tasteless death. The Captain Cold/Heat Wave sequence caught me off guard, as I usually expect Cold to be more levelheaded than that. A composed, calculating criminal rather than an incompetent, raving lunatic. But I was relieved upon learning it was a mere dream sequence. The Harrison Wells appearance also threw me for a loop, but again, dream sequence. Reminded me of a sequence straight from the Batman: Arkham games.

And the Henry-leaving-Barry reveal came completely out of nowhere, though I understand why he did it. He'd probably have a difficult time adjusting to a life with Barry after all those years in captivity and establishing a functional relationship with him outside of prison visits. He also might have realized that Barry has more of a relationship with Joe as his father figure and didn't want to get in the way of that, which was evidenced in this episode. And he probably knew that him being with Barry would just distract him from being the Flash and helping his friends and a city that desperately needs him. So it was most likely a mix of conflicting emotions and doubt that drove him away from Barry. I have to admit, though. At first, I thought Henry was being selfish and heartless for not wanting to spend more time with Barry. But after some thinking, I realized that he did it out of love, painfully realizing that Barry didn't need him in his life. Still, I felt bad for Barry. All that work, all that build-up and he still doesn't get his dad back. Like Barry said, even when he wins, he still loses. The good ol' Parker (I mean, Allen) luck hard at work, eh?

But enough on the depressing. I liked the Flash Day subplot, which reminded me of the "Flash and Substance" episode from Justice League Unlimited, how Barry's been rebuilding the city in secret and not wanting credit and Martin Stein is always a delight. All in all, not a perfect episode by any means, but an enjoyable one and, albeit a tad scrambled, overall, a satisfying start to the second season. 6.5/10?

gokuss4z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

-3/10 hopefully arrow would will be better.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#4  Edited By The Impersonator

I didn't like the fact that Atom Smasher died of radiation overdose. Of what I've heard that he's a hero in the comics. It's a shame, we wouldn't able to see him become a hero later on. Also, the interesting part that Atom Smasher actually came from Earth 2. Because Barry and Joe were investigating his double's death. Atom Smasher was promised by Zoom to return to his own world if he had killed Barry. That was a nice tease for Zoom.

I liked Jay Garrick's appearance in the end, though I expected him to be old enough, just like in the comics.

I find kinda odd that Harrison Wells would confess his crimes. Did he know that he was going to be defeated by the Flash at some point in the future? Was that the reason, why he chose to reveal it in case something happens to him? Because, we're talking about time travel here. Also, Harrison wasn't the one who killed Nora Allen, it was Eobard Thawne. I felt that was left out in this episode. I recall that Harrison's real body was discovered in Starling City. It's a shame that the real Harrison would be blamed for the crimes, yet Team Flash knows that Eobard was the real culprit.

Overall the episode was fun to watch. But something has to be addressed for the reason, why Harrison said in his confession. Eobard is smart here. There's no way he would do a stupid thing like this. He had manipulated the Team Flash from the very beginning.

Also, I hoped that Atom Smasher comes back. Now that there are other worlds to explore.

littlesmurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

I agree with The Impersonator. I want see Wells back, not changed for the crime. And what's with Iris being part of Team Flash. What does she bring to the team?