User Lists: 14

Tell me what you guys think:

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

So glad she tells Barry she knows. I was scared we were gonna have to jump through hoops. My one of my complaints is: damn you dudes at the lab don't lock the front door? Iris just walked in there. Iris's reaction was good, but when she acted like she could someone home help. I was like, umm. No. Iris is a good reporter, but she can't help fight villains; she's not a scientist, she's not a meta human. She needs to stay the hell out of the way. If Flash was fighting standard bad guys like DD, then sure her reporter skills would be great to have. Flash is fighting full blown meta humans. Some good Lois Lane reporting isn't going to help out. It's honestly one of my biggest complaints about Lois Lane. Unless Superman is fighting to dig up dirt on someone like Intergang or Lex Luthor, Lois is useless and is gonna get in the way. Good review.

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Grodd looked surprisingly decent, admittedly I don't have good knowledge of the american subway, but surely the way Barry beat him was BS?

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked that The flash stopped depending on gadgets.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

@lukehero: At first I thought the same thing with Iris helping, but no one on the Flash team has powers yet. So I don't see why Iris can't be in the action. She knows self defense and she can find information with her journalism skills. This could give her character more story if she is in the action.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That ending tho guys.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haydenclaireheroes: But, the rest of the team is made of 2 scientist. I don't think Iris skill set is going to translate well to the team unless Flash starts fighting organized crime or the military or something. His main villains are meta humans that Iris can't dig up some research on and really would just get in the way more than help any situation. I just don't want her to fall into any of the bad Lois Lane tropes many of the Superman TV Shows have used in the past.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It was a decent episode... Grodd was better than I hoped... The Wells and Eddie parts were good although Wells is revealing a tad more info than is needed...

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@haydenclaireheroes: But, the rest of the team is made of 2 scientist. I don't think Iris skill set is going to translate well to the team unless Flash starts fighting organized crime or the military or something. His main villains are meta humans that Iris can't dig up some research on and really would just get in the way more than help any situation. I just don't want her to fall into any of the bad Lois Lane tropes many of the Superman TV Shows have used in the past.

Joe is a cop and he helps Barry. (eddie also helps him)

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow: Joe and Eddie are both cops and guns work on most of the meta humans and bad guys.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#10  Edited By The Impersonator

Such a great episode. Loved Grodd by the way and the way he spoke. Damn! His voice was scary.

Marked as Possible Spoilers!

At first, I didn't know what was Eobard looking at. Then someone had mentioned in another review article site, that it's a particle accelerator.He's going to use it to travel back to his timeline. This means, we might get another particle accelerator explosion. Something tells me that Caitlin Snow is going to be involved in it, turning herself into Killer Frost. We'll have to wait and see. But I don't want to see it happen right away. The dynamic between Cisco, Barry, and Caitlin (without Eobard Thawne/Harrison Wells) was fun to watch. I liked to see more of that in Season 2.

haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: Yeah but we also know that Iris knows how to defend herself. So she can do more than just journalism. I would say she has the same amount of defense training as Laurel in season 1 of Arrow.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haydenclaireheroes: I don't know, everyone doesn't have to beat people up to be awesome. There are plenty of awesome characters that can't fight worth a lick. I think they are going to have to figuire out what to do with her. I think she needs to be more like Hawkeye's and wife in AOU. Laurel becoming black canary was already set in stone, it's from the source material, and you know they have to give the fans what they want. I don't know that much about Iris from the source material, but I'm pretty sure she's not a Diggle or Laurel type. I think they have to be very careful, not to make her a "women in a refrigerator". But, the idea of her chasing down meta humans and fighting off bad guys isn't very appealing either because it can make the villains a lot less threating. It's like when Mary Jane in the Spiderman comics would do things like beat up The Chameleon. Sure it was was awesome for Mary Jane, but now Chameleon is no longer a real threat.

haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: Oh yeah I totally agree with that, but that's why I am saying she can hold her own on the team where they go up against powerful villains.

I think they will make it realistic. She is not going to knock out Grodd, but she won't be a damsel either. That makes me happy

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haydenclaireheroes: I agree. I hope they can find that balance of not making her a damsel, but not going overboard and taking the teeth out of their villains.