The Flash Movie?

BatMark_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By BatMark_

I'm a DC Comics man at heart, and naturally it makes me jealous when Marvel are consistently releasing movies that are consistently good, but DC can only seem to make Batman & Superman movies but fail miserably with other characters (Green Lantern anyone?). Don't get me wrong, I love the Batman movies, I love the Superman movies, but goddamnit I want more heroes on the big screen being given the spotlight they so badly deserve.

Over the past year I've been thinking of what hero should come first. Wonder Woman? That won't be happening for a while after the disaster that was the tv show. Aquaman? I could see that happening in the future possibly. Green Arrow? He has a tv show coming up so there won't be any movie for him.

But what about the Scarlet Speedster himself.. The Flash!

There has been rumours of a Flash movie going around for years, supposed drafts of a script have been written, but nothing ever really ever got announced. But damn if they made it right, it would be amazing! If they got the right cast, chose the right villain, and got a solid story down, DC and Warner Brothers could be looking at their next moneypot after Batman and Superman.

I thought I'd share my thoughts on that, but what hero do you want to see put on the big screen? And what would your dream cast for a Flash movie be?

Mine personally would star Ryan Gosling as Barry Allen, cause as much as I love Wally, Barry needs to come first, and Gosling has previously expressed an interest in playing The Flash before...

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By nickthedevil

@BatMark_: I don't think the Flash would translate into a movie very well...

and even if someone somehow managed it, comic book fans would rage over it like weenies for being so different.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By sesquipedalophobe

DC's best bet is to introduce the Flash in a team movie, but that won't happen either.

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By texasdeathmatch

Meh, he's a one-trick pony. It would be so hard to make a 90 minute feature based on a dude that runs really fast, since he could realistically solve every problem within a second. 

texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By texasdeathmatch

Also, I've noticed a lot of you guys hop onto theatrical "rumors" as if they mean anything. Most Hollywood rumors are just pipe dreams of writers and directors.

_Draven_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By _Draven_

I don't think that Flash would be a good movie just because of one thing: the portrayal of super speed. From what I've seen, it'll be pretty hard to entertain people with about an hour to two hours of Flash being depicted as running in slow motion or as blur (since those are the only two portrayals I've seen.

BatMark_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BatMark_

@texasdeathmatch: Actually I've read news stories of about the writers of Green Lantern collaborating with Geoff Johns for a Flash script.

And the reason I thought a Flash movie could work is from reading the new 52 Flash, it's absolutely fantastic and the writers have put him in a situation where he can't run to his full capabitilities or else he could rip a hole in time and space, I feel like something along the lines of that could work well on screen.

texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@BatMark_: Wow, with the Green Lantern writers on board, what could possibly go wrong? :P
BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

http://www.comicvine.com/barry-allen/29-22804/the-flash-movie-discussion/92-648363/

Thread I made a while back, it has all the latest updates and rumors dealing with the Flash movie.

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Enemybird

Id rather see a good flash game than a good flash movie...

I'm currently writing a story with a speedster in it. it wasn't difficult for me to figure out weaknesses for that character & develop conflict.

BatMark_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BatMark_

@Enemybird: Hmm a Flash game would also be awesome too.

What sort of weaknesses and conflict did you figure out, I'd love to know what could be used on screen.

Nice picture by the way, Deathnote was awesome!

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Enemybird

@BatMark_ said:

@Enemybird: Hmm a Flash game would also be awesome too.

What sort of weaknesses and conflict did you figure out, I'd love to know what could be used on screen.

Nice picture by the way, Deathnote was awesome!

Thanks I love Deathnote (Pre L Death)

and to answer your question the said speedsters power doesn't come from natural abilities like flash... it comes from tech he and his partner created. I applied real world physics as best as i could so things like friction... and inertia limit his abilities. I cant really pour my heart out becasue its still a work in progress but im sure you understand...

tis_blackwater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By tis_blackwater

I think that if done Right, the right actor, story and director The Flash could dominate the big silver screen. (IMO). I will say this though if Greg Berlanti is involved with the Flash you can bet its going to be as bad as Green Lantern.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

It could be done into a sort of CSI type movie where people are being frozen by Captain Cold and Barry Allen is trying to find out who's behind it at the beginning, causing him to work late in the lab, which leads to the lightning strike disaster that THEN turns him into the Flash

Avatar image for death_from_below
Death_From_Below

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Death_From_Below

flash movie bored me, but i'll have to rewatch it again.

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By difficlus

I don't know how you could make a 2 hour movie interesting about a guy who runs really fast and zips around enemies, it would get boring after a while.