• 65 results
_Carmine_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I can't.

This show is so, so bad. I can't fathom the comparisons-- sorry, the IDEA of comparisons made between this and other current top shows, more commonly something like Daredevil.

In some ways it feels like a lot have simply jumped on the bandwagon - and that's where you tell me everyone has an opinion, well, that's mine. People overhype this show so much it hurts.

Another show I despise just as much is Agents of SHIELD. However, I don't know how anyone could hate it's first season given its almost identical to Flash in tone, dialogue/acting-- basically everything it was hated for, Flash is being praised for. It's ludicrous.

Everyone berated Arrow season 3's acting for being cringe-worthy while down on their knees worshiping the romance/love triangles on The Flash. It was "handled better", or something. *Sigh*.

I really hope people will come to see all the holes in this show. It doesn't deserve the praise it's received while other shows go down. The time & effort those involved put into making it? Maybe, but the final product - absolutely not.

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Overrated. Its criticized quite fairly a lot. IMO Daredevil may be better but its overrated far more than Flash

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Big difference between Flash, Arrow and AoS is the networks. One does not expect top-of-the line production from the CW..it has a target audience, it pursues it. I think both Flash and Arrow, while not being "great" in general do a good job of audience-targeting. AoS, OTOH, is an ABC/Disney product, I expect more from them, and they did not deliver (at least in season one, after that, I stopped watching.)

MaZeRaIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Truth_Teller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Dextersinister

In a funny way Daredevil suffers from the same problem that the Flash does, both have strong leads and main villains but weak supporting cast although Cisko did grow on me, Flashes supporting cast annoy me and I simply don't care for Daredevils

Forgot about Flashes step dad who's pretty good

Y2G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the Flash is incredible. Wells is one of the best TV villains I've ever seen and you're nuts if you think he does anything other then spectacular work as an actor. The show also does an awesome job of getting you invested in each character and has some great plot twists throughout season 1. Yeah at times it's a little villain of the week (like every season 1 show ever...) but overall it's still one of my favorite shows ever.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Flash is an amazing show. Starting with the fact that they it fully embraces the source material. Gorilla Grodd, Reverse Flash, The Rogues, and many others things. Sure it's very WBd, but the show is amazing. You're just hating. BTW, Daredevil is cool and all but without the Russian's angle, that show would have been very boring, very.

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It needs allot work but I like it.

Incursion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Disagree and agree

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Well, it's a CW show. CW doesn't really hide that it targets a teenage audience, and usually female.

Flash is a fun show. Perfect? No, but still entertaining. I enjoy it, and I enjoy Arrow (well, S3 not as much) and AoS as well.

Daredevil is awesome, and I think the best of them all, but it's also a very different type of show than the others. The problem many people have is that just because two movies may features comic book characters, the movies are automatically lumped together.

Winter Soldier is a different type of film than Guardians of the Galaxy, which is a different type of film than Dark Knight, which is different than Man of Steel...lumping them together usually creates unfair comparisons.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No way!

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comparing Flash with Daredevil?

Is like comparing Adam West Batman with The Dark Knight.
Is like comparing Adam West Batman with The Dark Knight.
uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, it's a CW show. CW doesn't really hide that it targets a teenage audience, and usually female.

Flash is a fun show. Perfect? No, but still entertaining. I enjoy it, and I enjoy Arrow (well, S3 not as much) and AoS as well.

Daredevil is awesome, and I think the best of them all, but it's also a very different type of show than the others. The problem many people have is that just because two movies may features comic book characters, the movies are automatically lumped together.

Winter Soldier is a different type of film than Guardians of the Galaxy, which is a different type of film than Dark Knight, which is different than Man of Steel...lumping them together usually creates unfair comparisons.

Avatar image for handofprometheus
HandOfPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Big difference between Flash, Arrow and AoS is the networks. One does not expect top-of-the line production from the CW..it has a target audience, it pursues it. I think both Flash and Arrow, while not being "great" in general do a good job of audience-targeting. AoS, OTOH, is an ABC/Disney product, I expect more from them, and they did not deliver (at least in season one, after that, I stopped watching.)

Thank you. The CW is not supposed to be making GoT or Breaking Bad quality material it is supposed to appeal to different audiences that will love the show as soon as they see it. It still gets criticized as many other shows.

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Skit

While I think it's a better show, don't pretend like Daredevil doesn't get it's fair of overrating. Flash has it's flaws, but it is a consistently enjoyable show that clearly isn't even marketed towards comic fans, but is still liked by a lot on here. It's also on basic cable where as Daredevil is on a paid subscription.

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Low post count.....check

Controversial thread....check

Alt....maybe

Rate: 1.4/10

This was predictable, saw it miles away.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Wut

I like the Flash just fine. Never thought it was a 'great' show that will change my life or even trigger deeper thoughts. It is just a fun show. If you don't like it, meh, that is fine, go watch something else, but I enjoy it. There are things I don't like such as the Iris angle which makes me cringe each and every time as it is just creepy. I get trying to do the 'friendzone' thing to try and connect with teenage males, but... come on.... really? It feels so forced, no chemistry. The amount of PIS is annoying...

That said, I like a variety of shows from the Flash, GoT, Hell on Wheels, Dark Matter, Daredevil, Rick and Morty, Starr vs the Forces of Evil (It makes me laugh. Sue me), Star Wars: Rebels, Marco Polo (freaking love Kublai Khan, Benedict Wong is doing an amazing job), etc. So maybe I am just awesome?

#Caitlin/Barry

pinecone1510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_carmine_: For curiosity's sake what are some of your favorite shows.

Low post count.....check

Alt....maybe

LOL

Avatar image for deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3
deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chill with the hyperbole. I don't know single person calling it "the best show ever" or "the best show on right now." It's a pretty good show and that seems to be the general consensus.

@Deathpoolthet1000: They're both comic book shows that are currently ongoing. Comparisons are bound to happen. You can't just dismiss people's opinions with hyperbole like the OP.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Avatar image for amazingspiderdan
AmazingSpiderDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#25  Edited By Darling_Luna

Them womanz and their Cw shows

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@playswithsquirrels: if only that was hyperbole

I actually have seen a LOT of people calling it that (and they were serious)

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't consider it great by any stretch, but it most definitely is not that bad. I think it's just a bit overrated, but not to the extent you do, and I actually enjoy the show.

MarlboroMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally seriously disliked the show, maybe i put too much expectations because it was the FLASH but it's one of the worst shows on the TV at the moment. I can't even watch it just for fun due to it's immaturity. Even Arrow is more watchable than this.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#29  Edited By godzilla44

Low post count.....check

Alt....maybe

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil was so much more overrated.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

birdman400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By birdman400

So Flash is overrated but yet CW took a chance to air it on their channel (which is pretty successful IMO) , and Daredevil got rejected by every cable channel is now on what? oh a paid subscription service , what does that show you?

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

I think it's overrated also. Flash has much less rewatch value to show for its ocean of wasted potential and suspense

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like it. But I don't think it's a bad show.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

So Flash is overrated but yet CW took a chance to air it on their channel (which is pretty successful IMO) , and Daredevil got rejected by every cable channel is now on what? oh a paid subscription service , what does that show you?

That your way of thinking on media is kind of wonky? I'm not judging you on you taste of shows, but where they are aired? By your same logic shows like House of Cards, and Orange is the New Black is less than cable network shows like Storage-Wars, and Ridiculous............

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@birdman400: Netflix has some pretty good original shows right now. And there are probably a lot of people subscribed to Netflix or at least comparable to the amount subscribed to cable. So the numbers even out I guess. In fact, me and my family uses Netflix much more than we use our cable tv. Or an online streaming source.

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

the most astonishing thing is: for some reason which is completely unfathomable people seem to want all the movies and all the tv shows to be the same because apparently no one likes variety.

DoctorDandeli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@birdman400: that it is a netflix show. Same thing with House of Cards and that show is great

birdman400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@judasnixon: Orange is the only good Netflix exclusive , outside of that, the rest are overrated

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@birdman400: Lmfao. That is the worst reasoning I've ever heard. If anything people were signing up for Netflix to watch shows like Daredevil, House of Cards and Orange is the New Black. You couldn't pay me to watch the crap CW shits out.

birdman400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lone_wolf_and_cub: have you watched more than 3 episodes ? im assuming you didn't even put time to ever watch a CW show , I mean who likes a blind superhero who literally has been forgotten for a reason till of recent

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope

Xrated48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#43  Edited By Xrated48

The flash is an amazing show while not as good as daredevil it's not far behind

safefruitcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've personally never seen anyone overrate it. Some people like it, but that isn't the same thing. Not to mention lots of people don't like it, like yourself, so, no, I don't think it's overrated.

Also, I definitely rate it equally with Daredevil.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_carmine_: I hate it as well when people say The Flash is as good as Daredevil.

The Flash is much better.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

@fallschirmjager: That's been what I've been saying about the MCU vs DCCU nonsense, why should every movie be the same from both companies? I like that they are moving in different directions. I like being able to see a spy-type thriller in Winter Soldier and the flashback, noir-esque darker action of Man of Steel, and then have the fun ride that is Guardians.

But like you said, I guess people hate variety.

McFlicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like any of the marvel or dc tv shows except daredevil and some of the cartoons.

Avatar image for asnakewillbiteback
aSnakeWillBiteBack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's ridiculously repetitive. Every season is the same. Speedy villain does speedy space-time stuff, has to be stopped by making Barry faster using different space-time stuff, which will create the villain for the following season...

The acting is absolutely awful. Barry's actor is decent. Everyone else is pure trash, especially the actors for Killer Frost and Wells (AND HE GETS CALLED THE BEST ACTOR OF THE SHOW.)

Also, Irish and everything relating to her is worse than the Daredevil movie.

Eobard21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asnakewillbiteback: how the hell is wells actor trash ? I disagree here agree with Caitlin's actress tho

CrazedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I reckon.