The Flash 2014 series

Avatar image for deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76
deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 21

Am i seriously the only one who hates it, I saw on imdb it has an 8.3 rating by over 28000 people, That would indicate that it is an excellent series but in my eyes it is crap and it is because of the actors, They are all crap! i hate them! They are either trying too hard or not trying at all, The actor that portrays flash sounds and acts like a snob and all the others are terrible and generic, How do people get away with such bad acting nowadays.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Transformers1024

Aside from Walking Dead - Comic Book television really isn't good by any means. In fact it's pretty horrid. Yes, its fun to watch if you've read the comics and just want some mind numbing fun for a while. But if your watching it as an average viewer wanting decent television with exceptional pacing, character development and acting then you're going to flip the channel without any hesitation. And I say this as a huge fan of comic books and as an avid watcher of Flash, Arrow, Constantine, Gotham and Agents of Shield.

**ducks before rabid fanboys misinterpret what I said and start attacking me**

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@crash_: to you which one is the most crappiest and which one is the least?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. For instance I hate Walking Dead, the show and comic. Zombies are the worst monsters, and every episode has the exact same plot while people keep trying real hard to pretend they're doing something new despite the fact that every single thing that happens is a horror movie cliche.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vivide: I like Smallville the most and there are too many crappy ones to choose from, So... I prefer not to bring bad memories back.

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crash_: I meant in flash, like who's bad and who's good

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vivide:

Worst- Grant Gustin/Barry Allen/Flash

Best- Tom Cavanagh Dr.Harrison/ I think he is Zoom

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crash_: could be that or reverse flash

what about prison break crew?

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really like the show. It has great acting and impressive special effects for a tv show.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The walking dead is goddamn awful, boring, goes no place, repetitive as hell and pretentious as no other show in tv.

I mean as chessy and corny as Gotham,Agents of Shield, Flash and Arrow get, at least they dodge being boring and being the exact same episode every episode.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: also everything on the walking dead has not only been done but been done way better in much less pretentious a manner.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vivide said:

@crash_: could be that or reverse flash

what about prison break crew?

Have not watched all episodes, Why do they feature on the latest ones?

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crash_: Wentworth Miller as Captain Cold, and Dominic Purcell as Heatwave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vivide said:

@crash_: Wentworth Miller as Captain Cold, and Dominic Purcell as Heatwave

That might be cool actually, Which episode do they make their first appearance, Where i live we are up to episode 3, Episode 4 will air on sunday.

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vivide said:

@crash_: episode 4

I was going to quit watching the series but i might as well watch the next one then, Though i doubt it would change my mind since i really dislike Grant Gustin.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Vivide
Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

It's a fun show and to be fair, that's all they're going for. They're not trying to be Masterpiece Theatre. Gotham is, by far, the best-acted and produced of these shows. When I read a complaint about Gotham's acting (aside from maybe Selena) the comment is automatically discredited.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbzk1999: Have you ever seen the people who make the show in interviews? They keep talking like its some Shakespearian effort and acts like anyone who doesn't think its the greatest thing ever is an idiot despite the fact that its pretty much a boring Mad Max clone with zombies tossed in.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: no

I don't really care about the show as much as I did

What I care about is the comic and game

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Zombies on Walking Dead are better actors than anything on the CW.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lone_wolf_and_cub: the crappiest episode of Smallville was better than any good episode of walking dead.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@crash_: well it is CW. For example Batman 66 is not Oscars worthy but hey atleast it don't pretend to be "realistic" and try to be accurate to comics for Batman 1960's comic book

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: Lmfao sure it was... Let me know when any of those shows on CW get anywhere near the reviews, ratings or praise.

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

On average the Flash actors are better actors then the Arrow actors.

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lone_wolf_and_cub: Stalin got high praise too didn't make him a good guy. Ratings don't mean s**t. 2 broke girls gets awesome ratings and that show could be written by a mentally defective monkey and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

I don't know what the critics are smoking but every damn episode of walking dead is the same morons with guns make bad decisions. Its every zombie movie cliche with all of the fun of the genre sucked out and replaced with characters so mopey that Morrisey seems cheerful by comparison.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On average the Flash actors are better actors then the Arrow actors.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's on the CW, what do you expect? However, I agree about Grant Gustin. I really don't see why these fans are saying he's perfect for Barry Allen lol

IMO, DC/Marvel need to make deals with networks like AMC, USA, and FX.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lone_wolf_and_cub: Stalin got high praise too didn't make him a good guy. Ratings don't mean s**t. 2 broke girls gets awesome ratings and that show could be written by a mentally defective monkey and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

I don't know what the critics are smoking but every damn episode of walking dead is the same morons with guns make bad decisions. Its every zombie movie cliche with all of the fun of the genre sucked out and replaced with characters so mopey that Morrisey seems cheerful by comparison.

And that has gone for god knows how many episodes, the show its still in the same place that it was in episode 1.

tomlikesfries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

User Lists: 3

#32  Edited By tomlikesfries

@oscars94 said:

I really like the show. It has great acting and impressive special effects for a tv show.

It has great acting and impressive special effects for a tv show

It has great acting

great acting

No Caption Provided

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: after that mentally defective monkey takes a shit the CW is what you end up with. Try harder

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: On top of that even syfy does better with the zombie apocalypse and you couldn't pay me to watch Z nation.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lone_wolf_and_cub: love when people don't know the difference between fact and opinion. Arrow and Flash aren't the best shows on tv but at least they aren't the same every week and don't pretend to b high art.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@manwhohaseverything: what about AoS? All the actors are pretty good, some are even great.

Well, AOS got off to such a bad start in the first 3 episodes. (Horrid IMHO) I've not watched it since. I'll take your word that the acting on AoS is good, as I have to disqualify myself from making any comments on it.

Leatherface003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash is way better than that crap of a show AOS..

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: I love when people bash a show that critics and viewers love but then praise a show which is utter crap. Maybe I missed where "your" opinion became fact. Fact is, far more people like Walking Dead than anything the CW craps out. Whether you like the show or not its more viewed and critically praised than Flash. When CW puts out anything worthwhile to a majority of viewers let me know. Which will be never...

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: I love when people bash a show that critics and viewers love but then praise a show which is utter crap. Maybe I missed where "your" opinion became fact. Fact is, far more people like Walking Dead than anything the CW craps out. Whether you like the show or not its more viewed and critically praised than Flash. When CW puts out anything worthwhile to a majority of viewers let me know. Which will be never...

Far more people love Transformers, Avatar, Titanic that Citizen Kane, this dont mean its better, those movies got great reviews to.

That a bunch of people gets in the hype train, dont mean they are right.

Worst when several voices point the show weakness, isnt only us, its a huge number of people that point this.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lone_wolf_and_cub: never claimed my opinion as fact just stated the fact that the story has had less progression in 5 seasons than an episode of adventure time has in any 15 minute episode.

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: Whats your point? People also loved The Dark Knight trilogy, Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, Winter Soldier, Iron Man etc etc which also were rated high and made a lot of money. You are in the minority of people who don't like the show. Just because your opinion is that it sucks doesn't equate that it actually does. The problem here is your bashing a show which is vastly more popular by rating, critics and viewers and trying to say a show which is lacking in all of those areas is better as a fact. CW in many peoples eyes is a horrible network for good reason. Horrible acting along with shoddy production and laugh worthy stories. But yeah keep telling yourself that its even remotely as good as Walking Dead.

Greendevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arrow is much better than Flash. The only actors in the flash don't bug the hell out of me is the crippled guy (Zoom) and the black cop.

the rest (specially the main actor) are to annoying for me to watch.

The guy that plays Oliver Queen is a much better actor and less annoying. But that show has some annoying actors as well (Lurie, her cop dad and Diggle/Biggle or what ever his name is) They suck.

I stopped watching agents of shield. They all suck and annoy me lol.

Only TV shows i like are Sons of Anarchy and Game of Thrones.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lone_wolf_and_cub: I never said that, i said it was boring, pointless, pretentious and repetitive.

I never said anything you said i did.

Avatar image for senior_cuddlebuns
senior_cuddlebuns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Idk why people have to hate on something that has absolutely nothing to do with them. If you don't like it, fine, but why sour on others who enjoy it? Does it cause you physical pain knowing the Flash has an IMDB rating of 8.3? Personally, I love the show, and it isn't trying to take some artsy moral high ground approach and be something profound when it's not trying to be. It's just trying to be a comic book tv show.

I personally love the acting on the show and I like Grant Gustin as the Flash. My favorite actor has to be Detective West though some of the emotional scenes with Grant are pretty emotional for me anyway.

pinecone1510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By pinecone1510

@transformers1024 said:

Aside from Walking Dead - Comic Book television really isn't good by any means. In fact it's pretty horrid. Yes, its fun to watch if you've read the comics and just want some mind numbing fun for a while. But if your watching it as an average viewer wanting decent television with exceptional pacing, character development and acting then you're going to flip the channel without any hesitation. And I say this as a huge fan of comic books and as an avid watcher of Flash, Arrow, Constantine, Gotham and Agents of Shield.

**ducks before rabid fanboys misinterpret what I said and start attacking me**

This

It's pretty much the best of a bunch of okay (by general consensus) tv shows. The Marvel netflix shows, Preacher and Powers have a greater chance at actual quality but it remains to be seen if any comic book show can rise above good tv.

Although Walking Dead is at 8.7/10 with it being in the 99th spot on the highest rated shows of all time list. Also i feel like an a**hole saying this but for me a 0.1 difference is all it need to be must-see tv (you can blame season 2). it's the one things separating 8.7 shows like Supernatural, Korra, Fullmetal Alchemist, Louie, Spartacus, The Office uk to 8.8 shows like Downtown Abbey, Outlander, Battlestar Galactica, The West Wing, The Office us, Adventure Time. I get it's all subjective and you can come at me but it really doesn't matter. Scores change over time as the seasons go by.