User Lists: 4

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#52 SC  Moderator

@uugieboogie: I am moving this to general, its not a Battle so shouldn't be in Battles (some threads are special exemptions)

General is an okay place to discuss speed application in comics though.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

........speed kills........

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By those_eyes
Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

The biggest thing people fail to realize here - specifically with the Flash - is his intangibility powers.

That is the true game changer here. Why do you think everyone laughs when QS is put up against a brick? Because while he can run circles around them, he can't do anything.

Flash on the other hand, can bypass physical durability with his intangibility powers if need be. That is why he is so deadly.

With both of those powers, you quickly reach stomp territory.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By linsanel_Doctor
t_hench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

king1_icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

i dont understand speedblitz. superman has lost to people who are not faster than him flash has lost to people slower than him. Yet if you put flash vs hawk man you get flash speedblitz i dont get it. also why the heck were the mods called? you guys are a bunch of big babies i swear

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 SC  Moderator

@king1_icon said:

i dont understand speedblitz. superman has lost to people who are not faster than him flash has lost to people slower than him. Yet if you put flash vs hawk man you get flash speedblitz i dont get it. also why the heck were the mods called? you guys are a bunch of big babies i swear

Its because the thread wasn't where it should have been, Battles forum rules even has a whole section dedicated to explaining such threads shouldn't be posted there. If users haven't read that section what other rules might they be unaware of? Not a big deal for users who do know the rules to point as such out or alert moderators. No reason and a tiny an invitation to irony to start generalizing other users as "big babies" and incidentally not really appropriate either, so please refrain from doing that.

That and I also agree with your on topic points as well.

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: I asked if the character could perceive objects moving fast does it still count . I was just told above no one can perceive things that fast except the speed force user . & according @ultragreenboy durability means nothing & flash is above most heralds & Thor

I would absolutely love to know when I said durability means nothing

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mods were called because this topic wasn't a battle but yae people were still making too much of a big deal about it and whining.

You're right though I never understood the logic people use. Darkseid can beat superman and people say thanos could beat darkseid but last time I remember thanos never had superman level speed. Can flash beat darkseid or thanos?

king1_icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc said:

@king1_icon said:

Its because the thread wasn't where it should have been, Battles forum rules even has a whole section dedicated to explaining such threads shouldn't be posted there. If users haven't read that section what other rules might they be unaware of? Not a big deal for users who do know the rules to point as such out or alert moderators. No reason and a tiny an invitation to irony to start generalizing other users as "big babies" and incidentally not really appropriate either, so please refrain from doing that.

That and I also agree with your on topic points as well.

i said that cause people were calling him butthurt for no reason but i did not realize it was in the wrong section.

king1_icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king1_icon said:

Mods were called because this topic wasn't a battle but yae people were still making too much of a big deal about it and whining.

You're right though I never understood the logic people use. Darkseid can beat superman and people say thanos could beat darkseid but last time I remember thanos never had superman level speed. Can flash beat darkseid or thanos?

i dont think they realize with that logic they are saying that anybody who is slower than sups flash or wondy loses to sups flash or wondy

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Ultragreenboy
SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 SC  Moderator

@king1_icon: Oh okay, that part I agree with. Those users shouldn't be doing that, but I think those were different users from the ones tagging in moderators. I could be wrong though. Thanks for the clarification.

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@linsanel_doctor said:

........speed kills........

No Caption Provided

Yep it sure does. Lol

Some have told me that identity crisis is canon others have told me it isn't : /
All I know is he somehow ran into a sword -.-

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#67  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By those_eyes
those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By those_eyes

@ultragreenboy said:
@jedixman said:

@ultragreenboy:

It's canon - or it was pre-52.

Oh ok I'm just waiting for the next reboot

Deathstroke has tagged him before aswell so that's not the only showing.

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Ultragreenboy
Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Ultragreenboy

@ultragreenboy said:
@jedixman said:

@ultragreenboy:

He's only done so twice if i remember correctly

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Dredeuced

@ultragreenboy said:
@those_eyes said:

@ultragreenboy said:
@jedixman said:

@ultragreenboy:

He's only done so twice if i remember correctly

I'm pretty sure Identity Crisis is the only time Slade's tagged Wally (as The Flash) when Wally wasn't either disoriented from injury or just not looking and got caught by surprise. Heck, Identity Crisis wasn't so much him tagging Wally more than him having set up a scenario where he predicted Flash would run into his sword (which is stupid in its own special kind of way but that's comics for you).

edit -- Heck, even that time where he caught Wally off guard and blasted him with his staff was back in 1992. Anyone who knows Flash chronology knows this was back before Wally stopped holding back for fear of surpassing Barry Allen in Return of Barry Allen (1993).

@uugieboogie

The reason Speed Blitz is a big thing on the battle forums is because the rules of the forum are such that the characters fight to the best of their ability, while remaining in character. So, if a character has used a speed blitz enough times to confirm that it is not out of character for them to do so, then they will use it when fighting to the best of their ability.

This doesn't happen in comics, where there are tons of extenuating circumstances -- such as the Villains being prepared or the heroes hold themselves back or any number of reasons. Comics rarely work like hypothetical battle forums where we compare character ability moreso than try to construct a story. It's irrelevant to bring up how Superman, Flash or whoever doesn't always just speed blitz their opponents because that's not how comic writers operate. Their narratives are not defined entirely by the heroes most efficient method of dealing with a problem, unlike battle forums.

Once you confirm a character should speed blitz when they fight to the best of their ability you need to see if A: Their opponent can react to the blitz B: If they can't, can they endure the attack coming from the blitz and C: If they cannot, they lose. If a character is fighting someone who can one shot them and move faster than they can react then there is zero argument for them winning without adding extenuating circumstances.

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash got tagged by Deathstroke. What happend to his ftl reactions?

PIS. Characters like Superman have hard time tagging the Flash.

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

They don't always win.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By uugieboogie

@fallschirmjager: but isn't quicksilver a speedster too ? I thought all speedsters got their powers from the speed force or is that just a dc thing ? & flash vibrates his molecules really fast to go intangible right ? Why can't quicksilver or superman or anyone else that moves really fast do that ?

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king1_icon: that's what I'm saying the whole speed blitzing thing doesn't make sense at all . So virtually their saying you can beat anyone with speed blitz , but they've to ppl who were much slower than them . & I didn't know the thread wasn't suppose to be in battles . I asked the question in battles cause that's the common factor in almost every battle thread I thought it would be here

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: but isn't quicksilver a speedster too ? I thought all speedsters got their powers from the speed force or is that just a dc thing ? & flash vibrates his molecules really fast to go intangible right ? Why can't quicksilver or superman or anyone else that moves really fast do that ?

Quicksilver is too slow and Superman has already done so