Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Squalleon

Geoff Johns just twitted this:

Justice League #32 out today! Lex Luthor's run at joining the team continues, the Darkseid War approaches and fun chaos w/the Doom Patrol!

And the war was teased in this week's JL # 32.

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

I wonder will the Anti-Monitor appear.

Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just another Friday for Superman lol.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Squalleon

I wonder will the Anti-Monitor appear.

He surely will. In JL 32 it is revealed that Power Ring was calling for him. And the end of FE shows that Anti-Monitor has some kind of grudge against Darkseid.
Maybe the Anti-monitor has his memories from the previous universe, you never know?

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#5 frozen  Moderator

@squalleon: He could have memories from the previous Universe, in Robin Rises: Omega, Batman had a flashback to Final Crisis when Darkseid sent him back in time.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Sounds like a setup for the war with earth two. Probably be in April so still a while of build up yet.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@squalleon: He could have memories from the previous Universe, in Robin Rises: Omega, Batman had a flashback to Final Crisis when Darkseid sent him back in time.

You never know especially with the mess the New 52 timeline is.
I don't particulary care about it but DC hasn't improved its timeline at all since the beginning of the new 52, its only gonna get even more messy if they don't do something.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: I think that was just a continuity mistake by the writer as surely a bigger deal would be made of an event non one but batman remembers.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd said:

Sounds like a setup for the war with earth two. Probably be in April so still a while of build up yet.

I thought DC has confirmed that E1 vs E2 war is revolved around Future's End and World's End. Not the main universe?

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: ? Did they confirm this? I thought futures end was showing a possible aftermath of the war and hints for the event. Batman eternal ends around the same time as those two so its possible that's involved. Futures End is a possible future but its still the main universe.

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully that means where getting more 4th world stuff soon. Also glad there actually using Doom Patrol now.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

@maccyd said:

@frozen: I think that was just a continuity mistake by the writer as surely a bigger deal would be made of an event non one but batman remembers.

I'm pretty sure Batman already knows about the pre-Flashpoint earth.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

NOOOOOOOOOOO,Johns writes a sucky Darkseid infact more sucky than even Loeb,also I wouldn't be surprised if he sets Darkseid up to job to Anti-Monitor. Not to mention Johns cannot write cosmic characters even if his life depended on it,the man has no sense of scale whatsoever. Superman level characters are the most powerful he can write without losing balance. They go from destroying planets and universes to losing to Hal Jordan and Sinestro under his pen.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

We're getting a Fourth World, Green Lantern event soon, fyi

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: If you mean the fact his history continues from pre new 52, it's still altered a lot (zero year, robins barely lasting etc). Also, wasn't it said that batman only met darkseid once in the same issue (Justice League: War) so it sounds like it was the writer's mistake.

If any of the JL should remember pre-52 it should be flash, considering he was the one who changed it.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis said:

NOOOOOOOOOOO,Johns writes a sucky Darkseid infact more sucky than even Loeb,also I wouldn't be surprised if he sets Darkseid up to job to Anti-Monitor. Not to mention Johns cannot write cosmic characters even if his life depended on it,the man has no sense of scale whatsoever. Superman level characters are the most powerful he can write without losing balance. They go from destroying planets and universes to losing to Hal Jordan and Sinestro under his pen.

There there, Pal. ONE DAY Geoff will retire to start his company or something, and we will be free of his tyranny.

I'm pissed and now I'm starting to wonder if Darkseid war is actually just a prelude to the real story,with fanboy Johns you never know,he loves events that directly lead to other events.

Avatar image for pperspectiveandreality
Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Batman fans here to talk about Geoff again? You guys are something else.

Anyway, who was the guy that Power Ring said was looking for Power Woman and her baby? He didn't look like Anti, the dude was sporting dreads. Maybe a different Lobo?

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyway, who was the guy that Power Ring said was looking for Power Woman and her baby? He didn't look like Anti, the dude was sporting dreads. Maybe a different Lobo?

WTF does Batman have to do with anything? Johns Darkseid sucked period,there's no arguing that. I also never got the impression that Johns cared much for the Fourth World characters,for a major fanboy writer with a lot of clout and penchant for "fixing" properties that does seem rather strange,now that I think about it he really hasn't touched any Kirby character to my knowledge.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis said:

@theacidskull said:

@entropy_aegis said:

There there, Pal. ONE DAY Geoff will retire to start his company or something, and we will be free of his tyranny.

I'm pissed and now I'm starting to wonder if Darkseid war is actually just a prelude to the real story,with fanboy Johns you never know,he loves events that directly lead to other events.

Oh god...What if they make another movie about him? Based on Geoff's new story! FUUUUUUUU!

God NO.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Don't know why Darkseid would have long hair, but Grayven could. He even has his father's visage, so that could be him in the shadows. On the other hand, nobody cares about Grayven.

Johns' Darkseid is a bland brick who just punches stuff while the plot happens around him. How well or poorly he writes Batman doesn't change the fact that his Darkseid is terrible.

I don't know how hot this prom date of yours that Batman stole was, but you might have a problem.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: HA

@saren said:

Don't know why Darkseid would have long hair, but Grayven could. He even has his father's visage, so that could be him in the shadows. On the other hand, nobody cares about Grayven.

@superguy1591 said:

Johns' Darkseid is a bland brick who just punches stuff while the plot happens around him. How well or poorly he writes Batman doesn't change the fact that his Darkseid is terrible.

I don't know how hot this prom date of yours that Batman stole was, but you might have a problem.

I thought of Grayven too,but being a Kyle Rayner character from the 90's automatically rules him out in a Johns story.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

I believe that story was confirmed in continuity. Batmans and green lantern in general weren't really suppose to have changed. Aside from maybe a few things.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#27  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@maccyd said:

@jonny_anonymous: If you mean the fact his history continues from pre new 52, it's still altered a lot (zero year, robins barely lasting etc). Also, wasn't it said that batman only met darkseid once in the same issue (Justice League: War) so it sounds like it was the writer's mistake.

If any of the JL should remember pre-52 it should be flash, considering he was the one who changed it.

No I mean Batman has the letter his father writ him during Flashpoint, he knows there was a world before New 52.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Superguy1591

@saren: I was referring to the fact that only Batman fans are here complaining, but are we judging Geoff's ability to write Darkseid based on the JL: Origins?

Because...Darkseid's plan wasn't revealed to us. He only said he was looking for daughter, not that he was here to punch everyone in sight.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: I think Barry told him, he was the one that gave him the note and told him about the alternate time.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: I was referring to the fact that only Batman fans are here complaining, but are we judging Geoff's ability to write Darkseid based on the JL: Origins?

Because...Darkseid's plan wasn't revealed to us. He only said he was looking for daughter, not that he was here to punch everyone in sight.

Wow you're actually defending that crap? his plan wasn't revealed... yeah ok now whose fault is that now? and why did DS have to show up personally when he could've sent an army of non fodder minions.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#32  Edited By Saren

@superguy1591 said:

People can, in fact, be fans of several characters. Batman fans can also be Darkseid fans.

Darkseid's plan doesn't need to be revealed for him to be written with the slightest shred of nuance or personality. You are arguing for the merits of a story wherein Darkseid only managed to string together three sentences, to wit, "I AM DARKSEID", "FOR HER" and "KRYPTONIAN YOU ARE COMING WITH ME". Darkseid has literally never been such a stunted brick before. I seriously cannot understand why Johns's supporters seem to be so easily satisfied.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 frozen  Moderator

@entropy_aegis: Atleast we got to see a more powerful version of Darkseid, there is that.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

If Johns is writing, we are going to risk getting a brainless and toothless Darkseid with all the emotion, depth and menace of a refrigerator.

No thank you! Get a decent writer for once and not just some fanboy!

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: That...that makes a lot more sense, I completely forgot about that, even though Snyder has shown it in his run.

Gotta love the pessimism on this thread, though the hatred for Johns batman schtick invading any thread with his name is starting to get old.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: Arg, I forgot it. I think he's collecting Supermen for his war or something? I forgot, I think Pak-Man revealed it to us in B\S. I think Aiko or whatever the demon is named from B/S stole something from him or did something.

And he always shows up in the worlds he's destroyed to defeat the JL. His parademons are usually enough, but our Earth (Prime) has the best Superman and Batman.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: So yeah, we're judging Geoff's ability to write Darkseid based on Origins. I think we should hold off on Geoff's ability to write Darkseid for a while.

It's already been proven that he's not a punch 'me up character in other books, Geoff was just withholding information.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@entropy_aegis: Atleast we got to see a more powerful version of Darkseid, there is that.

That was Pak.

@entropy_aegis: Arg, I forgot it. I think he's collecting Supermen for his war or something? I forgot, I think Pak-Man revealed it to us in B\S. I think Aiko or whatever the demon is named from B/S stole something from him or did something.

And he always shows up in the worlds he's destroyed to defeat the JL. His parademons are usually enough, but our Earth (Prime) has the best Superman and Batman.

Pak wrote that which I'm certain Johns will ignore.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@entropy_aegis: He one-shotted Superman in JL and fought the JL.

In Johns' latest run on JL, Superman said Darkseid is the only being in The Universe who can destroy a planet {and could have destroyed Earth 3}. After that incident, both Superman and Wonder Woman under Johns wondered who other than Darkseid could have destroyed a planet.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@entropy_aegis: He one-shotted Superman in JL and fought the JL.

In Johns' latest run on JL, Superman said Darkseid is the only being in The Universe who can destroy a planet {and could have destroyed Earth 3}. After that incident, both Superman and Wonder Woman under Johns wondered who other than Darkseid could have destroyed a planet.

Must be a rather weak universe if only one character has the power to bust a planet.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 frozen  Moderator

@entropy_aegis: I know Darkseid isn't the only one who can, I'm just curious whether he'll write Darkseid to beat down Anti-Monitor or vice-versa.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@entropy_aegis: I know Darkseid isn't the only one who can, I'm just curious whether he'll write Darkseid to beat down Anti-Monitor or vice-versa.

Most likely vice versa.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#43 the_stegman  Moderator

Hopefully Darkseid does more than grunt and stare menacingly this time.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 frozen  Moderator

@frozen said:

Most likely vice versa.

I hope not, because DS could destroy Anti-Monitor's original body and be the reason he gets his second, more iconic body.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@frozen said:

Most likely vice versa.

I hope not, because DS could destroy Anti-Monitor's original body and be the reason he gets his second, more iconic body.

I hope DS destroys him permanently,Anti-Monitor is a cosmic Doomsday.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: Pak is currently my favorite writer on staff at DC and I know he has a knack for finishing off incomplete concept by the early writers of the N52 *cough*Morrison's Superman*cough*, but I'm sure he got the a-okay from Geoff to alter that storyline.

Plus, Geoff isn't this evil dictator you claim him to be. He seems quite receptive to other people's ideas. Take for instance, Billy and Cyborg being best pals in JL: War. He's incorporated that into his JL run and it's hilarious. And the army of Supermen is from Geoff. check the panel where Batman hoes to go rescue Superman.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: I think Darkseid already beat him, that's why he's looking for Power-Ring.

Avatar image for pperspectiveandreality
Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis:

Good point. I look forward to seeing Tigra, Steppenwolf, mantis, kalibak, granny and the furies in the new 52. What a shame they didn't get utilized. I said from the beginning it was a bad move using darkseid so early on. I think they rushed into it

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

At first I was excited by the name of event and by Darkseid vs The Anti Monitor and then I remembered what a s****y Darkseid Johns wrote in Origins. Just a lumbering brute whose main line of dialogue was "I am Darkseid." I love what Johns did with Aquaman, Green Lantern and currently Superman in The New 52 but he is not the right guy to write Darkseid. Maybe The Anti Monitor fits his bill but not Darkseid. Ugh that means that Johns is probably going to be writing this next big event which will probably be a homage to Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Squalleon

@lvenger said:

At first I was excited by the name of event and by Darkseid vs The Anti Monitor and then I remembered what a s****y Darkseid Johns wrote in Origins. Just a lumbering brute whose main line of dialogue was "I am Darkseid." I love what Johns did with Aquaman, Green Lantern and currently Superman in The New 52 but he is not the right guy to write Darkseid. Maybe The Anti Monitor fits his bill but not Darkseid. Ugh that means that Johns is probably going to be writing this next big event which will probably be a homage to Crisis on Infinite Earths.

To be fair, Johns seems to have improved a lot since then. Who knows now that he is more focused and he has some solid footing unlike Origins, he may do a good job with Darkseid. I am actually optimistic because he seems to have found a balance lately. And we all knew a Crisis on Infinite Earths re-telling of some shorts is coming, its the story's 30th anniversary.