The Dark Knight Rises vs The Amazing Spider-Man (Trailers)

• 84 results
bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By bigcimmerian

The Dark Knight Rises wins, effortless curbstomp

Avatar image for death_certificate
Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anne hathaway over scarlett johansson?

I'm out

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By HBKTimHBK

@Death Certificate said:

anne hathaway over scarlett johansson?

It's true, and it's easy to see

Avatar image for death_certificate
Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@HBKTimHBK: By all means explain because I have hard time believing would say that anne hathaway is sexier than scarlett johansson.

Hero4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Hero4life

@HBKTimHBK: No. Anne Hathaway great actresses the costume is just cheesy. I was actually waiting for this movie to come out for a long time, but I was hoping they would do something like the Catwoman costume from Batman Returns. It's probley my favorite Catwoman costume ever.

NEEK_03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By NEEK_03

ok avenegrs was the epitome of a super hero movie. it had great action a decent story, good jokes and great characters.

that said i think batman will be a better movie, it however will not outsellf the avengers. batman has many loyal fans but i agree with what someone said above it wont draw as many ppl back for a 2-3rd showing. (other then the comic fans)

now the new spider-man looks great, its looks much better then the last series. though the first 2 were pretty good. i dont like the costume too much and how skinny he is, but i very much like the look of the lizard, the fight/action scenes look great, they capture him swinging through the city perfectly. i like the approach they took on making him funny (like in the comics) and bringing the web shooters back.

if i had to see one i would see batman cuz i think it will be a better movie, but spider-man isnt very far behind, due to the special affects, comedy and action a spider-man movie brings.

scarlett is much much hotter then anne. though she is cute too, and she looks good in havoc and sex, love and other drugs.

Avatar image for vercingetorixthegreat
VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Killemall: Avengers was awesome much better then TDK

VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know if I will see Spiderman. I am saving my money for TDKR, Hobbit,Bourne Legacy, and Les Miserables... but I might see it if it gets good reviews

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#59  Edited By HolySerpent

Batman ftw

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By HBKTimHBK

@Death Certificate said:

@HBKTimHBK: By all means explain because I have hard time believing would say that anne hathaway is sexier than scarlett johansson.

Look at her Wikipedia picture, sorry but I wish she was a natural redhead. At least Anne looks good without having to change her looks too drastically.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61  Edited By Killemall

@VercingetorixTheGreat said:

@Killemall: Avengers was awesome much better then TDK

Well Avengers was a fun movie, dont get me wrong there. I personally liked The Dark Knight much better, it was all so real. Like the way they order 500 containers different containers of Bat mask from 500 different dummy company and only one container is taken by Bruce so that people cant trace batman back to the person who purchased it, that was a master stroke. The dialogues were much better, joker as a villian was perfect. I dont know i just loved it. Avengers didnt really have much of a story although i did enjoy the entire movie, even watched it twice :p

VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Killemall: It depends on preferences. Personally I loved how fun and colorful Avengers was and it was awesome to see so many heroes on the screen. I also like TDK but for different reasons its dark and realistic. Also I thought the dialogue was better in The Avengers. Every comedic line was said perfectly and balancing all those heroes was amazing

Sci_Fi_Rulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Sci_Fi_Rulez

@HBKTimHBK said:

@Sci_Fi_Rulez: You can show all the pictures you'd like, you know the truth

No Caption Provided

nope all i see is scarlett johansson winning the who is hotter contest

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By HBKTimHBK

@Sci_Fi_Rulez: Yeah, she needs red hair to make her hot. Sorry but it's obviously Anne Hathaway all the way.

Avatar image for imthedamnbatman
ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By ImTheDamnBatman

Red head Scarjo > Regular Scarjo -------------- Anne Hathaway, Anyday > Red Head Scarjo

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By HBKTimHBK
Sci_Fi_Rulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Sci_Fi_Rulez

@HBKTimHBK said:

@Sci_Fi_Rulez: Yeah, she needs red hair to make her hot. Sorry but it's obviously Anne Hathaway all the way.

she doesn't need red hair to prove she's hotter the anne

from these pic i posted...Yeah,she just is and sorry its Obvious that anne is no where near scarlett's level.except the as a fact.

Sci_Fi_Rulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Sci_Fi_Rulez

@Om4zd said:

@Sci_Fi_Rulez:

If you can prove to me that The Avengers and the old Batman films had better plots than the Dark Knight and Begins then I will follow you on this and subscribe to your account on youtube.

If you don't or your evidence provided is just a pitiful excuse to use against someone who you are arguing about which film is better than I will ignore you throughout my whole time in ComicVine.

Giggity.

@Om4zd said:

@Sci_Fi_Rulez: I have to admit. Scarlet has an ugly ass smile.1

i don't have to prove that the avnegers is a better movie cos it is.dk is to serious,eventually people are gonna get bored of that kind of stuff.like i said it was very similar to the The Avengers #1comic.similar story line and story line in that comic was really cool and how they portray the comic but it was also funny and the action scenes were awesome...Scarlett is ugly...Really?..Your probably saying that cos she's gonna be cat woman and your a dc fan cos in reality Scarlett Johansson will beat her in who is hotter contest any day dude...

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#69  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

This isn't a battle. Moving to general discussion.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#70  Edited By the_tree

I'm more excited for The Amazing Spider-Man, and I've liked all of its trailers. I haven't been exactly sold on The Dark Knight Rises until the MTV Movie Awards trailer and today's trailer. Now I'm incredibly excited for both movies, but The Amazing Spider-Man wins by a hair.

Kiltro95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#71  Edited By Kiltro95

More excited for The Dark Knight Rises.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Crom-Cruach

Dark Knight rises, uber curbstomp.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb
deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ImTheDamnBatman: What was so intellectual about The Dark Knight? Please, do explain this to me because you're lifting this film up on the premise that it has some great intellectual unpinning so unique to the realm of comic book movies that it must automatically be above every other superhero film. It doesn't. You want to be sarcastic about the Avengers plot, but The Dark Knight wasn't that deep plot either: "Batman has villains on the run, villains in desperation seek out a man they can't control, Joker turns the city upside down with his actions and threats, Rachel gets blown up, Dent gets disfigured, Gordon actually does something useful, and the whole time Batman acts very sad and lonely because nobody understands what he's going through and the one person he's ever loved is going to marry someone else, but in the end Batman finds the strength to carry on and in a single instant goes from Gotham's greatest hero to public enemy number one to be the "hero Gotham deserves". Okay, my explanation of the plot was longer than the Avengers. So what? Doesn't mean its instantly better or that Nolan made a superior film because of his directoral style (BTW, love Inception in its whole and also debating every little piece and symbolisism within it). At the end of the day the movie still has to keep its audience engaged and that's not something I felt The Dark Knight did. Even Inception has awesome action scenes and special effects to move the plot along but TDK got too wrapped up in the character development it was trying to establish that a thoroughly entertaining story got left behind. Plus, the film had a number of contradictions in its presentation. It was both a study of man rising above adversity and base instinct through sacrifice (emphasized by both Bruce and the people on the boats) while at the same time playing on an idea already established in the comics (in Batman: The Killing Joke) that anyone could turn evil if they have just "one bad day" (which in the comics was what Joker was trying to have Gordon experience by shooting Barbara and constantly slideshowing him her damaged, naked body while in the movie we've got Dent reacting to his deformity and Rachel's death). Even the first idea has been done over and over again in comics (such as Batman: No Man's Land or War Games). Nolan didn't come up with anything new for these films, he simply revised the way superhero movies are presented so that they come off with a greater realism and connection to the everyday viewer than just a fan of superhero comics. While I'll give him great credit for that (and Marvel should send him years of fruit baskets for getting non-comic book readers into superhero movies) that doesn't make BB or TDK instantly better than everything else, including the Avengers, simply because Nolan did it first. He may have written the new formula but its still being improved upon as films continue to come out.

: I'm not exactly sure what you're looking for because either you agree with a logical argument someone is making or you don't. If I said "TDK rocks and everything else sucks" then I can see why you wouldn't give my post the time of day. But if I present my argument to you then you either except it or you don't. It's that simple. The only other option you have is to present your own argument.

Duke_Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#74  Edited By Duke_Nasty

The Batman movies have been amazing so far. Regardless of which charachter I like more TDKR is going to be a better movie. ASM looks awesome though!

Avatar image for imthedamnbatman
ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By ImTheDamnBatman

Tl;dr. TDK is better, end of story.

Zomboid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#76  Edited By Zomboid

Anyone who thinks Avengers was better than TDK is crazy and knows nothing about film. It's perfectly fine to have enjoyed Avengers more, because that's just personal preference, but to say it was better than TDK...you have no idea what you're talking about. I'm hoping TDKR is even better than TDK, but either way I'm totally confident it will be better than Avengers, and without a doubt better than ASM.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think ASM will be better than expected, but I doubt it'll be in TDKR territory.  To me the question is will TDKR be better than TDK...not "The Avengers" which was good, but hardly great.@Zomboid: I don't think I'd call folks who like "The Avengers" better crazy. However, if I may be blunt, "The Avengers" was a
film for kids. TDK was for grown-ups.@ltbrd: You do realize your description of TDK's plot actually IS a complex plot? None of the individual things are that complex,(No movie plot ever is, broken down into individual scenes)) but it shows how layered the films story was.  

I'll say it again, the main problem with "The Avengers" was the villain. I never felt like The Avengers might lose. Loki and his army were never presented as an awesome threat. The best conflict The Avengers had was Iron Man vs Captain America. WE all know the good guys win, but for a moment, you have to be able to suspend disbelief and have some doubt, even if only for a minute. For me anyhow, The Avengers, did not do that.

Om4zd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Om4zd

Ignoring those people I said now. They didn't prove to me what I asked and just gave me a pitiful xcuse like someone who has nothing to say sooo.....

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#79  Edited By TheCannon

They're both gonna suck. Between the two, Dark Knight Rises looks far better, but it still doesn't look that good.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#80  Edited By Strider1992

The Dark Knight is probably going to be better but this trailer is still awesome:

justleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By justleader

in my opinion the dark knight will be better, but the amazing spiderman seems also amazing

Om4zd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Om4zd

Anyone else?

metalman24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By metalman24

TDKR Looks far more extreme.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By jeanroygrant

I never liked Batman movies much, so you know where my answer goes, but after watching the Batman trailer, i change my mind, i'm undecided n.:/