• 84 results
#1 Posted by Om4zd (929 posts) - - Show Bio

The Dark Knight Rises:

The Amazing Spider-Man:

Which movie are you more excited for?

#2 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

TDKR ultra-mega-supreme-ultimate-perfect curbstomps.

#3 Posted by Om4zd (929 posts) - - Show Bio

No one else?

#4 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

TDKR looks more epic but i never saw the Dark knight i am planning on watching it a day before i see the movie

#5 Posted by Om4zd (929 posts) - - Show Bio

@menaceforever: It is pretty amazing. It's my fav movie ever ATM.

I actually thought Nolan couldn't have made a better Batman film after Begins, but he did it. And I'm hoping TDKR will be 3 times as good as The Dark Knight.

#6 Posted by Om4zd (929 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone else?

#7 Posted by Ricky_Gervais (144 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImTheDamnBatman said:

TDKR ultra-mega-supreme-ultimate-perfect curbstomps.

YES MATE

#8 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5308 posts) - - Show Bio

The Dark Knight Rises ftw, hell I'm confident it'll beat the Avengers.

#9 Posted by Video_Martian (5562 posts) - - Show Bio

TDKR

#10 Posted by JediXMan (31321 posts) - - Show Bio

TDKR.

Doesn't matter what competition. This is going to be the answer unless the movies themselves prove me wrong.

#11 Posted by ImmortalOne (3539 posts) - - Show Bio

The Dark Knight Rises.

#12 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2685 posts) - - Show Bio

The Dark Knight Rises. I expect it to be a better movie in all honesty. Not saying that Amazing Spider-Man won't be good or that I won't enjoy it, I'm sure I will.

#13 Posted by thespidey307 (177 posts) - - Show Bio

The Dark Knight Rises takes this, but I'm sure that the Amazing Spider-Man will be good too. Both movies are not going to beat the avengers opening record thats for sure.

#14 Posted by Sci_Fi_Rulez (1059 posts) - - Show Bio

@HBKTimHBK said:

Bat Man TDKR looks interesting but i don't think it beats The Avengers...The Avengers is probably the best super hero movie of all time and its number 3 in the world wide box office records and people are still watching it..The Amazing Spider-Man ftw.

#15 Posted by spartan92 (2512 posts) - - Show Bio

Both look really good ..... can't decide.

#16 Posted by CannotSpellMyName (92 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm thoroughly excited about both but TDKR is the Can't-Wait above all at the moment.

#17 Posted by Om4zd (929 posts) - - Show Bio

@CannotSpellMyName: Damn straight.
giggity.

#18 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5308 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sci_Fi_Rulez said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

Bat Man TDKR looks interesting but i don't think it beats The Avengers...The Avengers is probably the best super hero movie of all time and its number 3 in the world wide box office records and people are still watching it..The Amazing Spider-Man ftw.

The Dark Knight had a better plot line then The Avengers, and the amount of money it made is irrelevant, and The Amazing Spider-Man is going to come close to neither.

#19 Posted by spartan92 (2512 posts) - - Show Bio

DAT SOUNDTRACK

#20 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@HBKTimHBK said:

I personally dont think it will for whatever reason. After watching Avengers i personally said to myself, man The Dark Knight was a much better movie, but well Avengers beat it in box office. I dont know why but i am still skeptical, i really hope it does though.

#21 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5308 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

I personally dont think it will for whatever reason. After watching Avengers i personally said to myself, man The Dark Knight was a much better movie, but well Avengers beat it in box office. I dont know why but i am still skeptical, i really hope it does though.

As time gets closer, I see a lot more publicity for the Dark Knight Rises then the Avengers, I think it's getting its name out there a lot more.

#22 Posted by Om4zd (929 posts) - - Show Bio

@spartan92: Giggity.

#23 Posted by spartan92 (2512 posts) - - Show Bio

@Om4zd said:

Your welcome.

#24 Posted by Sci_Fi_Rulez (1059 posts) - - Show Bio

@HBKTimHBK said:

@Sci_Fi_Rulez said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

The Dark Knight had a better plot line then The Avengers, and the amount of money it made is irrelevant, and The Amazing Spider-Man is going to come close to neither.

Are you talking about the second one cos The Dark Knight wasn't really that great and the movie was to long.The only one who did good was Health Ledger (R.I.P) that's it.Tim Burton's BatMan films were better...in my opinion...How did they have a better plot line.The Avenegers had a Greater plot and it was very similar to the Avengers # 1 comic too.Everyone in that movie did great...Watch the Film...

#25 Posted by Om4zd (929 posts) - - Show Bio

@spartan92 said:

@Om4zd said:

Your welcome.

I actually think Hans Zimmer has nailed the music for TDKR! It's so epic! Even though I can't compare the movie yet to Avengers I want it to do better and be better XD

#26 Edited by HBKTimHBK (5308 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sci_Fi_Rulez said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@Sci_Fi_Rulez said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

Are you talking about the second one cos The Dark Knight wasn't really that great and the movie was to long.The only one who did good was Health Ledger (R.I.P) that's it.Tim Burton's BatMan films were better...in my opinion...How did they have a better plot line.The Avenegers had a Greater plot and it was very similar to the Avengers # 1 comic too.Everyone in that movie did great...Watch the Film...

You think if I just critiqued the movie, that I didn't watch the film? Seen it multiple times, actually. If I didn't see it, where would I base my opinion off of?

And The Avengers had just a very boring plot line, Loki was trying to get an infinite power source for God only knows why he wants it, working for some alien that works for Thanos, and God only knows what the aliens get out of it except destruction, so why even agree to help Loki in the first place. And Heath Ledger did very well, but he did not make the movie, the movie was very good on it's own. And Tim Burton's Batman, ehh sorry but The Penguin just wasn't in good taste.

#27 Posted by KainScion (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

i like amazing spider-man better. dkr just doesnt has that feel of epic to me.

#28 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

(TDK's Plot) Let's have The Joker, an insane criminal, drive Batman to the edge psycologically and have a good man (Harvey Dent) torn apart mentally by The Joker become Two-Face. Joker will try to prove that people at their core are no better than he is. (Avenger's Plot) Lol let's make that blow up and those two fight and make a lot of money.

#29 Posted by spartan92 (2512 posts) - - Show Bio

@Om4zd said:

@spartan92 said:

@Om4zd said:

Your welcome.

I actually think Hans Zimmer has nailed the music for TDKR! It's so epic! Even though I can't compare the movie yet to Avengers I want it to do better and be better XD

Yea he's definately nailed the music and i actually think its going to better than the Avengers, also i think Spiderman willl be better than the Avengers aswell.

#30 Posted by Hero4life (264 posts) - - Show Bio

I like them both.

I really like the fact that spiderman has web shooters in this compared to the other.

I don't like the Catwoman costume at all though for batman.

#31 Posted by Sci_Fi_Rulez (1059 posts) - - Show Bio

@HBKTimHBK said:

@Sci_Fi_Rulez said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@Sci_Fi_Rulez said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

You think if I just critiqued the movie, that I didn't watch the film? Seen it multiple times, actually. If I didn't see it, where would I base my opinion off of?

And The Avengers had just a very boring plot line, Loki was trying to get an infinite power source for God only knows why he wants it, working for some alien that works for Thanos, and God only knows what the aliens get out of it except destruction, so why even agree to help Loki in the first place. And Heath Ledger did very well, but he did not make the movie, the movie was very good on it's own. And Tim Burton's Batman, ehh sorry but The Penguin just wasn't in good taste.

Ok so he driven people insane and harvey and turn him to a bad guy,it took batman a while to figure him out ok.their are so many movies that are similar to that and yes Heath Ledger made that movie cos the first movie wasn't great at all..@ImTheDamnBatman said:

(TDK's Plot) Let's have The Joker, an insane criminal, drive Batman to the edge psycologically and have a good man (Harvey Dent) torn apart mentally by The Joker become Two-Face. Joker will try to prove that people at their core are no better than he is. (Avenger's Plot) Lol let's make that blow up and those two fight and make a lot of money.

LOL please re watch the film and truly understand it cos that film wasn't just only blowing up stuff...

#32 Edited by HBKTimHBK (5308 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hero4life said:

I don't like the Catwoman costume at all though for batman.

Irrelevant, it's Anne Hathaway, her sexiness makes it fantastic.

:p

#33 Posted by AweSam (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

Dark Knight Rises. Spider-Man looks really bad.

#34 Posted by buttersdaman000 (10580 posts) - - Show Bio

TDKR easily. I have all the confidence in the world that it will be an all-around better movie than both Spider-Man and Avengers. However, I don't think it will top Avengers. I peeked into a showing of it last week and the seats were packed. People are still watching that movie. It's pretty much the epitome of a summer blockbuster. Big explosions and big action. TDKR is more of a thinking man's movie. Sure, a lot of people will see it (Less than avengers though) but the average person won't go back multiple times like they did for Avengers....

#35 Posted by spartan92 (2512 posts) - - Show Bio

@Om4zd:

found a much clearer version.

#36 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sci_Fi_Rulez Let me put it to you this way. Did TDK make you really THINK about it during the movie? Yes. Did you really have to think during The Avengers? No. TDK > The Avengers.

#37 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5308 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sci_Fi_Rulez: Batman Begins was good, and the Dark Knight was fantastic but it was not just fantastic because of Heath Ledger. He played it great, but everyone in that movie did their part and they all did well. And trust me, the Avengers was not as complicated. The only thing the Avengers is superior at is visual effects, and sex appeal (Not for long though, since Anne Hathaway is sexier then Scarlett Johansson)

#38 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

@HBKTimHBK Yesssssss. Anne Hathaway

#39 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5308 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImTheDamnBatman said:

@HBKTimHBK Yesssssss. Anne Hathaway <3 eeeeeeeeeee! lol.

I know right?!

#40 Posted by buttersdaman000 (10580 posts) - - Show Bio

Also, I have a feeling that Andrew Garfield is going to take off his mask a little too much....

#41 Posted by kingkronos (2501 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like the amazing spider man is not gonna be so much different from the previous movies. The dark knight is a better movie, and christopher nolan is a great director. The dark knight rises.

#42 Posted by teamextrodinary15 (2245 posts) - - Show Bio

Excited for both but if I had to choose, I would choose TDKR

#43 Edited by Sci_Fi_Rulez (1059 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImTheDamnBatman said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@ImTheDamnBatman said:

I know right?!

ill get back to the film but anne hathaway over scarlett johansson? really?

vs

come on people...Scarlett Johansson takes this

#44 Posted by ltbrd (562 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImTheDamnBatman: Even if Nolan had a story with greater ambition, that does not mean it was a better storyline nor a better film. In the end I thought Dark Knight felt flat and fell short of its promises due to both its length and the constant tone of the film.....you can only sit through so much of the same mood before it becomes dull. I also don't think Nolan really had a plan for Rachel that worked for her character. She felt thrown in to the script because she was in the first film (though I liked the actress better in Dark Knight) and so they needed to do something with her character. Nolan could have completely removed a love interest and that would have helped keep the pace going more. Had Ledger's performance not been as good as it was (can't remember the guy that played Dent's name but I would say his performance was a close second in both aspects of the character but he got too little screen time as Two-Face) I think more people would have had a very poor opinion of the film because of its pacing. His scenes were so packed with energy and emotion that they helped get you through the dull points and made you want to see more of the Joker. Bale did not carry the same energy.

As for the Avengers, yeah the plot was basic (not a bad thing mind you, that's just what it was) but having to perfectly balance so many characters was the challenge of the film and it was done perfectly. I know people say Hawkeye got the short stick on this film, and while he does get less screen time I thought what he got worked for the script and how his character was supposed to be used so I didn't mind it as much as others.

In the end both films were going in a different direction in terms of mood and how they wanted the audience to walk away from the experience of watching it. I just think Avengers hit the mark far closer than Dark Knight to its intended effect.

That's why I've got to go with Amazing Spider-Man my choice for the trailers that are getting me more excited. The scope of Dark Knight Rises looks great, but my feeling is that the film is going to suffer from a very slow second act again and have to rely on Hardy to carry the audience through it. In many other movies I would say Hardy could do this (like Bronson or even Warrior) because of the energy he brought to other roles. However, I think he's going to play Bane much more subdued and threatening than with energy or passion like the Joker (which is not to say that's bad, as that's how Bane should be played because he's not a character like the Joker) and this is not going to help the audience get through the slow points that Ledger was able to do. Thus I think we'll see a lot of reviews that say Dark Knight Rises starts big and finishes big (as both Begins and Dark Knight did) but has a very slow middle that is hard for audiences to stay engaged in. I don't know if Spider-Man will suffer the same criticism, but from the looks of the trailers it doesn't feel that way. The fact they are going to most likely show Peter getting used to his powers (as in any origin), be the target of an NYPD manhunt, work with Dr. Conners on his father's old project, bring him and Gwen Stacy together, and fight Conners as the Lizard has the advantage of a movie with a better pace and more energetic feel to it than what Dark Knight Rises is going to have. Will Dark Knight Rises have better dialog and emotional intensity to it, probably, as Nolan proved in the last two films, but I think Spider-Man is overall going to have more energy through the entire film and as a result its the one that I'm more excited to be seeing.

Plus, even though this is a reboot and we just got done with the Raimi series, this is a new Spider-Man under a new director and a new take on the character using some ideas we didn't see in Raimi's films or in the comics for a good while. On the other hand we've seen Nolan's Batman. So my excitement and anticipation is also due in part to the unknown of what Amazing Spider-Man will turn out to be.

#45 Posted by Om4zd (929 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sci_Fi_Rulez:

If you can prove to me that The Avengers and the old Batman films had better plots than the Dark Knight and Begins then I will follow you on this and subscribe to your account on youtube.

If you don't or your evidence provided is just a pitiful excuse to use against someone who you are arguing about which film is better than I will ignore you throughout my whole time in ComicVine.

Giggity.

#46 Posted by Om4zd (929 posts) - - Show Bio

@ltbrd: My previous post applies for YOU as well.

Giggity.

#47 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5308 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sci_Fi_Rulez: You can show all the pictures you'd like, you know the truth

#48 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

@HBKTimHBK There is no argument. Anne is hotter. @itbrd Maybe you just weren't to smart to really be engaged in it?... Nolan films do have very intellectual followings that don't have to be wooed into seeing a film with explosions and fight scenes, except for maybe Inception. But even that movie has to be watched by someone who can follow it. Here is the Avenger's Plot in a nutshell, please correct me if I'm wrong: "Six superheroes must fight a threat from Loki, an Asgarsian God who plans on stealing a cube with unlimited energy to do something, even though it's not specified what for other than to release an army on Earth for seemingly no reason other than to take it over, because he is a God and he think he should rule us." Wow that's SUCH a deep plot *Sarcasm*

#49 Posted by Om4zd (929 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImTheDamnBatman: Giggity.

#50 Posted by Om4zd (929 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sci_Fi_Rulez: I have to admit. Scarlet has an ugly ass smile.