The Dark Knight Rises vs. Avengers

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kingdomenic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By kingdomenic

Now that The Amazing Spiderman has been out for a few days, I have a feeling that it is going to finish third among the three big comic films this summer. I could be wrong, but for the sake of this post, let's say it will. My question is, does anyone think that the Dark Knight Rises can beat out the Avengers for highest grossing opening weekend? Also do you think it can beat Avengers in total domestic sales? Remember this question is about $$$$ only. I have little doubt that Batman will be the better overall movie, but will it make more money?

Some thoughts before you answer.

• The Avengers has had a significant boost in sales because of the 3D surcharge. Batman will not have that same luxury.
  • You probably shouldn't take the kids to see Batman. The Avengers was pretty kid safe.
  • I think Marvel did a good job setting up the Avengers movie with the individual character movies and that may have helped bring together a wider set of fans.
  • I have heard some people say that Nolan makes the Batman stories too complicated (these people would be idiots) and that might prevent some Batman fans from coming out opening weekend.

Your thoughts please.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Lvenger

Knowing all the Nolan hype, I predict it will beat the Avengers in terms of sales. Heck I bet it'll be even more popular amongst the general populace and comic fans alike than the Avengers. But I also predict that I'll still prefer the Avengers to TDKR. I've never been an uber fan of Nolan's Batman films. I'll wait and see though.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Jorgevy

I love how you say that you have little doubt that it will be overall better than the Avengers. They are different types of movies, seriously, I dont feel like getting into the whole argument. If that's your opinion, OK. I dont know if it will top the Avengers on the BO, but it could. I say it's 50/50. I hope it doesn't, because that might hint WB at making more of these "comic b movies that aren't really comic b movies". It worked kinda well with Batman but you know.

The movie itself will probably be good, but it's probably gonna be my least favotire of the trilogy, considering I thought BB > TDK. I could be wrong. And it will have to be pretty good to rank higher in my list than ASM or the Avengers. Actually, not just pretty good, it has to be excelent. But I know it won't, because the universe itself in which is inserted already cripples the things that could make it great in my eyes. But it will be good like the other ones.

and I dont see the point in calling people who say Nolan makes Batman complicated idiots. 1) their opinion 2) I agree that Nolan takes some elements and makes them way to complex than they should be, and that's why the Nolan Batman trilogy has it's own style that made this much sucess. That's also the reason I don't favor it in comparison to the Burton Batman's or my image of what a real good Batman movie should be

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I think it has a chance of beating the Avengers in the box office

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers