Posted by wildvine (10367 posts) - - Show Bio

First let me say i liked the movie overall. It was worth the 7.50 ticket price. and i know this a little late so i'll keep it short.
Love: Ann Hathaway was a great Catwoman. Character, she is tops. Costume, I put her above Halle berry but below whats-her-name from Batman returns. Also thought it was cleaver how her goggles flipper up to look like cat ears.
Hate: The end. what happend to the bittersweet ending? Did we really need to see batman pull off an impossible escape? It seems an insult to make a movie so real only to tack on that ending.
Hate: Banes accent. To me he sounded like Sean Connery speaking through a Darth Vader voice synthesizer.

Hate: The bat-plane. this looked like something from a terminator movie.

#1 Posted by MonsterStomp (20317 posts) - - Show Bio

Love: The thrill of it all. From the point where Bane killed the only guy who could disarm the bomb to where Batman got really p!ssed off. It was a masterpiece.

Love: To see Batman's bike a lot more was awesome, can't get over the whole sideways spinning of the wheels thing. I want one for Christmas :)

Love: Batman's first confrontation with Bane.

TBH I didn't really hate anything.

#2 Posted by TheCannon (19394 posts) - - Show Bio

Love: Everything

Hate: It's not as good as the Avengers.

#3 Posted by Kiltro95 (295 posts) - - Show Bio

Love

How the Gotham Rogues mascot looked like the Shadow just with a yellow bandana

The way how they trick the audience into thinking Bane was Ra's Al Ghul's Child

The Prison it just fit the whole theme of falling and rising.

There was just so much to love in this movie.

Hate now these were things I didn't pick up on until the 2nd time watching the movie.

Bane seeming like such a softy towards the end.

And how the hell does John Blake translate to Robin! I mean seriously, how did that make sense, I would of bought Jean Paul Valley, but Robin! And this is coming from someone who wanted to see Robin in Nolan's trilogy.

Not only that but I don't know the whole Nuclear bomb thing reminded me of The Shadow movie.

#4 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't see Batman's escape as impossible, like the dudes told Fox, Bruce fixed the autopilot. As far as Gotham is concerned, Batman is dead so someone will need to either take up the mantle (Blake) or the city will need to get its act together. :]

Bane's voice was awful, difficult to listen to or understand.

#5 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

I Thought it was good not as good as The Dark Knight but still good.

#6 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

it was a great end to a great trilogy, that is all i can say about it.

#7 Posted by Inverno (13284 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved the ending, but I agree it felt a little like a cop out.

I didn't mind Bane's voice because 1. my movie was dubbed in other language and 2. the guy they got to voice him is so badass (he did Optimus Prime and Superman) I was glad to hear it every time he was onscreen.

The "breaking the bat" scene was kinda lame to me. I wished a slow down and a close up to Bats's face when that happened.

Yeah, I agree the Batplane sucked mostly because it was CGI and that is not very common in The Dark Knight Trilogy.

Also the Talia's reveal at the end I could see a mile away. Even my dad (who is not familiar with the comics) deduced she didn't belong to the story and just before she stabbed Bats, he said it was her all along.

#8 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

Still haven't seen the movie but I trust your opinion. Better I go into it with your review in mind so I don't get too disappointed.

#9 Posted by akbogert (3227 posts) - - Show Bio

@wildvine said:

First let me say i liked the movie overall. It was worth the 7.50 ticket price. and i know this a little late so i'll keep it short.
Love: Ann Hathaway was a great Catwoman. Character, she is tops. Costume, I put her above Halle berry but below whats-her-name from Batman returns. Also thought it was cleaver how her goggles flipper up to look like cat ears.
Hate: The end. what happend to the bittersweet ending? Did we really need to see batman pull off an impossible escape? It seems an insult to make a movie so real only to tack on that ending.
Hate: Banes accent. To me he sounded like Sean Connery speaking through a Darth Vader voice synthesizer.

Hate: The bat-plane. this looked like something from a terminator movie.

I pretty much agree with your assessment.

Regarding the ending, it took me quite a while to realize the true significance of Fox discovering that the autopilot had been fixed a long time ago. Made the whole thing a lot more plausible, for me anyway.

I liked this movie, but I did not love it. I knew it wouldn't be able to outdo The Dark Knight in terms of impressing me, and I was right. But overall an acceptable end to the trilogy.

#10 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18714 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually liked Banes voice in the movie and it was perfectly easy to understand.

@CaioTrubat said:

I loved the ending, but I agree it felt a little like a cop out.

I didn't mind Bane's voice because 1. my movie was dubbed in other language and 2. the guy they got to voice him is so badass (he did Optimus Prime and Superman) I was glad to hear it every time he was onscreen.

The "breaking the bat" scene was kinda lame to me. I wished a slow down and a close up to Bats's face when that happened.

Yeah, I agree the Batplane sucked mostly because it was CGI and that is not very common in The Dark Knight Trilogy.

Also the Talia's reveal at the end I could see a mile away. Even my dad (who is not familiar with the comics) deduced she didn't belong to the story and just before she stabbed Bats, he said it was her all along.

Tom Hardy did Banes voice,or are you talking about the dub?

I agree the breaking bat scene was a little meh.I enjoyed the fight up to it though.

Whilst watching the movie I forgot all about Talia been in the movie for some reason,but when the reveal was made I was like "Ah yeah she was in the movie".

#11 Posted by End_Boss (735 posts) - - Show Bio

Great movie. Chief amongst my few criticisms is that it could have used another few runs past the cutting floor. Felt like there was a lot of filler about halfway through the film.

#12 Posted by Markus_Langbourn (387 posts) - - Show Bio
@lykopis said:

Still haven't seen the movie but I trust your opinion. Better I go into it with your review in mind so I don't get too disappointed.

Just ignore everyone else. 

Best film released in the last five years. By a field.
#13 Posted by Inverno (13284 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader: I was referring to the Brazilian dub. In case you are curious.

#14 Posted by Inverno (13284 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

You haven't seen the movie yet?

:O

#15 Posted by Decoy Elite (29923 posts) - - Show Bio

It's certainly a good movie, but there were a lot things that erked me about it.

Mostly involving the ending.

#16 Posted by Shark_Repellent_Bat_Spray (745 posts) - - Show Bio

There are a few things I loved about it (Batman & Bane's first fight, Anne Hathaway and more Bat-Bike) but the ending was extremely poor. I let out a loud groan in the cinema towards the end, I have never done that before.

Ah well, it was still better than Iron Man 3 aka The Avengers.

#17 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18714 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat said:

@mrdecepticonleader: I was referring to the Brazilian dub. In case you are curious.

Cool the dub was pretty good it almost felt as if the actual film was filmed in Brazilian.

@Decoy Elite said:

It's certainly a good movie, but there were a lot things that erked me about it.

Mostly involving the ending.

I agree it was the weakest of the three.

#18 Posted by SoA (5241 posts) - - Show Bio

hate- bane's mask muffling his lines

hate- the breaking of the bat was very anti-climatic

hate-plot twists felt forced

hate-ending was ok but not liking the idea of batman retiring

hate- "robin" as a successor . they could have had barbara be a police rookie or trying to be a cop during all the chaos (she did see batman save her brother in the last movie)and have barbara discover the batcave instead of a made up character who happens to have robin as a middle name .

i did not like this movie i felt it was a letdown and the only people i see defending it are die hard bat fans. not looking for a fight . just stating my opinion.

#19 Posted by Rumble Man (11073 posts) - - Show Bio

Love: bane is an awesome character

Hate: soo many holes

#20 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Loved:

• The starting plane scene
  • Batman's first appearance with the bike and Batcopter
  • Anne Hathaway is an awesome Catwoman
  • DESHI DESHI BASARA BASARA
  • The whole No Man's Land war think felt like a natural progression from Batman Begins
  • Endless quotables: "When Gotham is in ashes...then you have my permission to die!"

Hated:

• Bane. He turned from mastermind to lovesick puppy too quickly. Also his death was just lame.
  • Robin. Sure, Batman, leave nothing but your gadgets to this untrained cop who has NO experience or financial support!
  • HOW DOES EVERYONE KNOW HIS IDENTITY?
  • Bane's plan was just...idk...weird. He wants to give power to the people. But he wants to kill everyone in a suicidal bomb. But aren't his soldiers all mercenaries, not fanatics? Are they OK with this? Why wait so long? I don't understand...

I really enjoyed this movie the first time around. Second time, when the confusing plot kinda sinks in, I was a little disappointed. Overall, it's an alright movie, but I consider it the weakest of the trilogy.

#21 Edited by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

Hate: The needless plot thread of Bruce hobbling around on a cane in the beginning. There was absolutely no need to borrow from Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns when you have a Batman that hasn't even been Batman for very long. Having Bruce up and quit after the events of the previous film made little sense and came off pretty forced.

Hate: That there was so little Batman in a Batman movie. Not only do we have to watch one drawn-out comeback, we have to watch two. The second one made sense, given that it had Bane and it basically was borrowing the gist its story from Knightfall. However, its power was greatly diminished by the earlier comeback.

Hate: How Batman reveals his identity to Gordon at the end of the movie. Batman mentions a coat that James Gordan offered him as a boy over 30 years ago, and Gordon is immediately able to identify him as Bruce. Really? How tacked-on was that?

Hate: How in the final fight, none of Bane's henchmen use the guns that they're obviously holding. Another obvious 'WTF' moment when the scene just looks lazy and slapped together.

Hate: That Heath Ledger wasn't in the movie. I know it's selfish of me, but Heath's Joker was supposed to be in this movie. Damn you, real life.

Love: Catwoman. I doubted Hathaway, but she knocked it out of the park.

Love: The ambitious scope of the story. Though it obviously had flaws in its execution, I did appreciate the type of story being told. Overall, it was a satisfying send-off for Bale's Batman.

Love: Most of the action scenes. Nolan has come a long way from the messy shots of Batman Begins.

Love: How the movie beat the curse of #3. The movie was a hell of a lot better than what Spider-Man, X-Men, and Superman were able to muster in their respective third outings.

Love: That Batman didn't die. He's Batman! Batman will never die!

#22 Posted by callsignneptune (112 posts) - - Show Bio

Absolutely loved the movie and it was my favourite out of the trilogy. My favourite things about it:

1. Anne Hathaway as Catwoman, I doubted her originally but boy she proved me wrong, she was phenomenal.

2. The first fight between Bane and Batman.

3. 'The twist' was done really well.

4. I thought Hardy as Bane was great and I think I'm the only one who actually enjoyed his accent in it.

Only thing I didn't like so much was Blake as Robin. It felt a bit forced and tacked on but saying that, I didn't hate it.

#23 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@Markus_Langbourn said:

@lykopis said:

Just ignore everyone else. Best film released in the last five years. By a field.

Dem's big words, mister.

@CaioTrubat said:

@lykopis said:

You haven't seen the movie yet?

:O

I saw the trailers and stuff...

>_>

<_<

#24 Posted by akbogert (3227 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: honestly, only reason I saw it in theaters was because I was afraid the ending would be spoiled for me and didn't want that. Otherwise, I might have been in the same shoes.

Figuratively, of course.

#25 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

I was annoyed by a few rather glaring plot holes, but otherwise, it was a fantastic movie... definitely one of my favorites.

#26 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10130 posts) - - Show Bio

Tis okay, all three were okay.