Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6097 posts) 11 months, 8 days ago

Poll: The Dark Knight Rises or Spiderman 3 (44 votes)

The Dark Knight Rises 91%
Spiderman 3 9%

Which trilogy conclusion do you think was better? I personally think Spiderman 3. I think both didn't reach the expectations of there preceding films. What do you guys think?

#1 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6261 posts) - - Show Bio

What??? The Dark Knight Rises is my 3rd or 4th favorite superhero film of all time, Spider-Man 3 is my second least favorite. Did you see the emo Parker scene?!?!?!?!?!?!?

#2 Posted by dagmar_merrill (7931 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman 3 was awful.

#3 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6097 posts) - - Show Bio

What??? The Dark Knight Rises is my 3rd or 4th favorite superhero film of all time, Spider-Man 3 is my second least favorite. Did you see the emo Parker scene?!?!?!?!?!?!?

LOL YES BUT RISES WAS......RISES lol

#4 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (6261 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Edited by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't seen Spider-Man 3 but from what I hear it's pretty terrible. Even though I'm not a big fan I still thought Rises was okay.

#6 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6097 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (6261 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Black_Claw (2958 posts) - - Show Bio

Is even supposed to be a serious question? Dark Knight Rises!

#9 Posted by Fallschirmjager (16350 posts) - - Show Bio

Dark Knight Rises. No contest.

Spiderman 3 is absolute garbage.

#10 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

The fact that DKR would even be used in a comparable sense to the embarrassment that was SM3, doesn't reflect well on the tastes of the CV community. Of course neither are without flaws, but one got a rock-solid reception while the other one was panned for good reason.

#11 Posted by TheCannon (18276 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm one of the only people who actually liked Spider-Man 3, but Rises is better in every conceivable way. Better acting, script, fight scenes, and a better conclusion to the trilogy. So I vote Rises.

#12 Posted by Chibi_cute (4509 posts) - - Show Bio

TDKR IS FIVE HUNDRED MILLION TIMES BETTER than that dissapointing god awful spiderman 3

#13 Posted by Wolverine08 (40796 posts) - - Show Bio

Both sucked, but I'll go with TDKR.

#14 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

spider-man 3. on. any. day. of. the. week.

#15 Posted by july16th (77 posts) - - Show Bio

not even spiderman fanboys liked spidy 3.

#16 Posted by MonsterStomp (16719 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked both equally, which isn't saying much.

I'll go with SM3 though. It was very emotional when Harry forgave Peter and put his life on the line for him at the end :'(

#17 Posted by RustyRoy (11915 posts) - - Show Bio

TDKR

#18 Edited by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@july16th said:

I liked Spider-Man 3.

SPNG Tags: Dean Winchester / BAM / Deal with it Looking for a particular Supernatural reaction gif? This blog organizes them so you don’t have to spend hours hunting them down.

#19 Posted by Blackdog2009 (1820 posts) - - Show Bio

TDKR is an AWESOME movie!! How dare you even compare?! The Batman/Bane fight was movie epicness !!!!

#20 Posted by july16th (77 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by Rainquility (66 posts) - - Show Bio

To each his or her own I guess. Ultimately TDKR. It was certainly levels beyond SM3 in my humble opinion.

#22 Edited by Fallschirmjager (16350 posts) - - Show Bio

@july16th said:

Never underestimate a fanboy. Especially on comicvine.

TDKR is an AWESOME movie!! How dare you even compare?! The Batman/Bane fight was movie epicness !!!!

Honestly one of the biggest weaknesses of the TDK trilogy is the fight choreography is weak. The Batman/Bane fight is no exception.

TDKR is still million times better than SM3. Just sayin - the strength of any of the 3 films are not the fight scenes.

#23 Posted by bigtewell (749 posts) - - Show Bio

i personally like spiderman 3 better. the dark knight rises had too many plot holes and i couldnt get into a movie where you cannot understand what the protagonist is saying and you can barely understand what the antagonist is saying. it was growl vs whisper basically. plus the whole robin thing pissed me off since im a robin fanboy. emo spidey was horrific but i thought some of the action scenes were cool and the story wasnt terrible just poor casting as venom even tho i like topher grace.

#24 Posted by frogdog (3246 posts) - - Show Bio

What kind of idiot would pick Spider-man 3? Rises is still a decent regardless of the flaws, Spider-man 3 is a turdburger in every sense.

#25 Posted by TDK_1997 (14663 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man 3 sucked but not that much but it is nowhere near the level of TDKR.TDKR is one of the best comic book movies ever and it was the best conclusion to a trilogy so far.

#26 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@frogdog: No need for the terminology there mate.

#27 Edited by thedarkknight9283 (61 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this even a question??? TDKR was amazing. Spider-Man 3 was a big turd in a bun.

#28 Posted by JwwProd (9077 posts) - - Show Bio

The Dark Knight Rises. Hands down.

#29 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11323 posts) - - Show Bio

Dark Knight Rises.

Spidey 3 was decent. I didn't dislike it but I didn't really like it.

#30 Posted by GeekBait (779 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly think both concluded their trilogies pretty good, with Spider-Man 3 having Peter forgive Sandman for Uncle Ben's death, Harry's death, and Peter and MJ reuniting as a couple and The Dark Knight Rises having Bruce passing the Batman torch onto John Blake after faking his death. If I had to pick which was a better conclusion, I'd say The Dark Knight Rises because Spider-Man 3 seemed like it should have been followed up by at least one last movie, especially with Curt Connors being in the second and third movies yet never turning into the Lizard.

#31 Posted by Smallville2106 (92 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like Spider-Man 3 but DKR blows it right out of the water imo.

#32 Posted by Pop123 (90 posts) - - Show Bio

Ofcourse Batman was better, but I really liked Spierman 3. Besides all that jazz garbage that was forced onto Peter.

#33 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (5110 posts) - - Show Bio

TDKR