Avatar image for jackson_hartley
Jackson_Hartley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By Jackson_Hartley

Naturally, many have heard about what happened in Denver and it's just horrible. For whatever reason, this bastard decided to become a murderer, we don't know yet, but I'm not here to bitch about him.

The people blowing up twitter, youtube, facebook and some even here have shown a very disgusting side to themselves. The terrible jokes, intentional trolling, blaming religion, laws, politicians and even the movie, it's director and actors. What the hell has happened to us? When this kind of tragedy happens, it's natural to be angry and lash out, but what I've read is enough to turn my stomach.

You'd think this site would at least have sympathetic souls for lovers of comics/comic movies. No, I read posts trying to cast blame, twist words and flat out act like revolting trash; mocking the victims and their families.

I can't even describe how much I hate the human race right now. One man is to blame for this. He wasn't sitting in the White House, he wasn't on a Campaign trail, he wasn't sitting in a director's chair and he wasn't an actor wearing a bat costume. He was a sick man with a twisted mind. Place blame where it belongs and act like human beings... just this once.

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Superguy0009e

Amen

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By moywar700

The internet has been around for years and people tend to act like this over these kinds of events.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SandMan_

Indeed

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AweSam

I wish people could just stay calm and collected. I don't let these things get to me, because it wouldn't benefit anyone. Some people just grind my gears.

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Rumble Man

For some tragedy is a source of comedy and others simply dont care

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

How many kids die everyday in Africa?  

I find it tremendously self-indulgent to act like this is so much worse.

And I do so love when people judge others' coping mechanisms. Always a classy thing to do. 

Avatar image for jackson_hartley
Jackson_Hartley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jackson_Hartley

@FadeToBlackBolt: What I'm talking about isn't coping. Coping is something you do when something upsets you. Trying to be as morbid as you can is just f**ked up.

As for the deaths of countless African Children come into this, no this incident doesn't compare on that grand of scale; still doesn't make it right either way. Suffering is suffering; to make one "more important" than the other is just blind ignorance. The unfortunate fact is we have a very "out of sight, out of mind" theme that many of us fall into. But, when we (the individual) turn our eyes to something horrible, we feel sympathy; as people should. These people in Denver are in our sights and we feel for them. So let's try to be genuine human beings, before the next tragedy, scandal, celebrity break up takes our attention away.

And as far as judging people for their coping? This post is me coping with how far we've fallen. Yes, the jokes will come in time and they might even be funny and most likely in very short time; Virginia Tech jokes are all abound and some very clever. But on the very day of? You don't see anything wrong with that? Jokes about how the "New Joker was aiming for anything with bat ears," doesn't make you wonder how someone can find that funny? We've seen the tweets, comments, etc, with people making strides to be as foul and whacked as they can. This doesn't bother you in the very least?

Finding humor in tragedy is something we all do. Intentionally be as sick and twisted as you can be? Nope, it doesn't sit right with me that I should find this "normal". We may be used to seeing this crap, but it's no where near normalcy; even for this messed up place we live in.

Of course, these are just my feelings and it's very possible I'm wrong... which if I am and people go on like it's just another normal day, then we're all screwed.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By KnightRise

It makes me hate the internet sometimes. I just picture teenage douchebags and other losers hiding confidently behind a 4chan screen, making light of the varied situations. Theres a lot of sick people that get off to being pricks and pretending not to care, the internet and the media just give them an outlet.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@moywar700 said:

The internet has been around for years and people tend to act like this over these kinds of events.

....................Lets not blame the internet for the truth coming to light.lol

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By moywar700

@White Mage said:

@moywar700 said:

....................Lets not blame the internet for the truth coming to light.lol

???

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@moywar700 said:

@White Mage said:

@moywar700 said:

???

The part of your post I highlighted is true enough on its own.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Blood1991

The world is a sick place full of sick people. I make light of stressful/sad moments in my life as a way of coping with it. I can't say why some people say or do the things they do, but maybe it is similar.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13  Edited By charlieboy

this whole thing makes me very sad. i feel really sorry for the families.  

Avatar image for thewitchinghour
TheWitchingHour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By TheWitchingHour

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

How many kids die everyday in Africa? I find it tremendously self-indulgent to act like this is so much worse. And I do so love when people judge others' coping mechanisms. Always a classy thing to do.

I absolutely agree. Today's culture has become so insulated from horror and violence throughout the rest of the country and indeed throughout the rest of the world that it takes something like this to truly shock them. And even then there is a certain feigned sympathy to it. However that doesn't make this any less of a tragedy. To compare it to famine and disease in Africa, or to war and destruction in Asia is erroneous simply because we have always been insulated in one form or another from the pains of another nation. Tragedy is an everyday occurrence that can only truly impact us if it hits close to home. If we allowed ourselves to despair over every loss of life on the planet we would not survive as a species. For many of us on this site, this tragedy hit close to home.

The dignified and appropriate response is sympathy, grief and respect. Something the internet seems incapable of doing as a whole.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By ShootingNova

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

How many kids die everyday in Africa? I find it tremendously self-indulgent to act like this is so much worse. And I do so love when people judge others' coping mechanisms. Always a classy thing to do.

This.

Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By GrandSymbiote94

@Jackson_Hartley said:

Naturally, many have heard about what happened in Denver and it's just horrible. For whatever reason, this bastard decided to become a murderer, we don't know yet, but I'm not here to bitch about him.

Investigators have said that when he was alone he was heard calling himself the Joker.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

This

And still the people who spend time making commercials telling people to donate money to these kids could be using that same money to make the commercial to buy food.

KenTheProfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By KenTheProfile

@ShootingNova: : @FadeToBlackBolt: I am with you in spirt put have to make the point that saying something like that is rather hallow. it's like saying poor people in the usa are still better off then poor people in mexico or whereever. which is true but there still poor.

@Jackson_Hartley: humor is mixing good taste with bad taste. is a joke about this on the day of right, i don't know but at the same time will a joke ever be okay to the victims famlies? most likly never. point is that we all move at different speeds and ways. however you can do what you want to honor, cope, or whatever with this thing and you will still have your integrity.

@Jnr6Lil: this may sound mean but this not really directed at you but with that additude no one would ever give money to anything because x might happen.

KenTheProfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By KenTheProfile

@FadeToBlackBolt:

I am with you in spirt put have to make the point that saying something like that is rather hallow. it's like saying poor people in the usa are still better off then poor people in mexico or whereever. which is true but there still poor.

Madame_Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Madame_Mist

The world has always been like this. The internet just makes it easier for people to show their true colours.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@KenTheProfile said:

@ShootingNova: : @FadeToBlackBolt: I am with you in spirt put have to make the point that saying something like that is rather hallow. it's like saying poor people in the usa are still better off then poor people in mexico or whereever. which is true but there still poor.

@Jackson_Hartley: humor is mixing good taste with bad taste. is a joke about this on the day of right, i don't know but at the same time will a joke ever be okay to the victims famlies? most likly never. point is that we all move at different speeds and ways. however you can do what you want to honor, cope, or whatever with this thing and you will still have your integrity.

@Jnr6Lil: this may sound mean but this not really directed at you but with that additude no one would ever give money to anything because x might happen.

Are you implying I'm going to drive down and hurt them?

KenTheProfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By KenTheProfile

@Jnr6Lil: no not at all, again it more of a idea in general i proablely should not put it as a reply to you.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@KenTheProfile: yeah maybe

KenTheProfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers