• 102 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Posted by k4tzm4n (34920 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparently there's thing big thing called the "Super Bowl" coming up here in the United States. I can't say I'm a huge fan of the sport, but I thought to myself, "Why can't we comic book fans have an equivalent?" So, I present to you...

Comic Vine's first SUPERHERO SUPER BOWL!

Behold the raw power of Microsoft Paint!

The rules are simple: 8 teams enter, 1 team leaves as champions. The winner will be determined by you. There's no guideline for how you need to vote. This isn't based on which team has the better book or which would win in a fight... it's as easy as voting for the team you simply want to win!

Now go vote (click the links below!) to help your team win the first round!

I remember seeing a lot of people saying "___ should have won!" over at the Comic Vine Movie Awards, so now is your chance to make sure you're not disappointed again. Go help spread the word about this and hopefully you'll also boost your team's chances of winning!

The second round of voting will begin this Wednesday!

GO GREAT LAKES AVENGERS!

Wait, I didn't include them? Darn.

#1 Posted by Mucklefluga (2602 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome! Love new stuff like this on CV

#2 Posted by RedQueen (1171 posts) - - Show Bio

Great idea :D Looks like the DC teams are obliterating this...with the exception of the Avengers.

#3 Posted by Z3RO180 (6709 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm voting JL....and the avengers

#4 Posted by Cavemold (1684 posts) - - Show Bio

made my votes!

#5 Posted by Mucklefluga (2602 posts) - - Show Bio

FF, Batman Family, TT, Avengers for me

#6 Posted by MT_man (4 posts) - - Show Bio

hahaha this is an awesome idea!! :D

#7 Posted by dondave (38891 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool Idea

#8 Posted by ccraft (5566 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to see Justice League vs Avengers in the final round!

#9 Posted by fables87 (1082 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool list. But Batman Family vs. X-Men? The Bat Family is kind of out numbered.

#10 Posted by Trodorne (2498 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League,X-men,Guardians of the Galaxy, and the Green Lantern Corps.

I AM GROOT!

#11 Posted by sweatboy (820 posts) - - Show Bio

I was walking back home last night when a question popped up in my mind. Who's cooler? The X Men (including x force, factor, gen x, all x teams whose members have been in x men) OR ultra force? Or cyber force? I was mostly comparing costumes and art

#12 Posted by butters911 (296 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn I love the FF to death but they have no chance in votes against the Justice League, although they have my vote

#13 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome idea :D

#14 Posted by mk111 (3139 posts) - - Show Bio

@butters911 said:

Damn I love the FF to death but they have no chance in votes against the Justice League, although they have my vote

I don't know, Franklin could be a big help.

#15 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34991 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hope pepole don't just vote for the boring obvious choices

#16 Edited by k4tzm4n (34920 posts) - - Show Bio

@fables87 said:

Cool list. But Batman Family vs. X-Men? The Bat Family is kind of out numbered.

In OP:

This isn't based on which team has the better book or which would win in a fight... it's as easy as voting for the team you simply want to win!

@guttridgeb said:

Awesome idea :D

@dondave said:

Cool Idea

@Mucklefluga said:

Awesome! Love new stuff like this on CV

@RedQueen said:

Great idea :D Looks like the DC teams are obliterating this...with the exception of the Avengers.

@MT_man said:

hahaha this is an awesome idea!! :D

Thanks! :D

#17 Posted by G_Money_Christmas (884 posts) - - Show Bio

JL, Batman, GoG, and Avengers

#18 Posted by darkwingdan (190 posts) - - Show Bio

JL, Batman, Guardians, Avengers

#19 Posted by Decoy Elite (29923 posts) - - Show Bio
@G_Money_Christmas@darkwingdan: There are separate threads for voting on each match.
#20 Posted by Decoy Elite (29923 posts) - - Show Bio

Should have made this thread first K4tz. :P

#21 Posted by judasnixon (7181 posts) - - Show Bio

You know there is a chance for this thing to turn into A vs X part 2.....

#22 Posted by GothamRed (2553 posts) - - Show Bio

Aside from maybe the final round the odds seem stacked against marvel, but we'll see

#23 Posted by k4tzm4n (34920 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

Should have made this thread first K4tz. :P

If I did that it wouldn't include links to voting right away.

It's a double-edged sword.

#24 Posted by Bonzi161 (45 posts) - - Show Bio

TT FTW!

#25 Posted by Batman242 (4862 posts) - - Show Bio

Heh, I just voted everything DC....

#26 Posted by Decoy Elite (29923 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:

@Decoy Elite said:

Should have made this thread first K4tz. :P

If I did that it wouldn't include links to voting right away.

It's a double-edged sword.

Have fun making that one post over and over again. 
#27 Posted by kid Apollo (720 posts) - - Show Bio

awesome idea, but ive got this feeling that JL and Avengers werent put anywhere near each other because everyone assumes theyre going to be in the finals

#28 Posted by k4tzm4n (34920 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@Decoy Elite said:

Should have made this thread first K4tz. :P

If I did that it wouldn't include links to voting right away.

It's a double-edged sword.

Have fun making that one post over and over again.

Nah, I'm only making that one post per thread.

#29 Posted by Decoy Elite (29923 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:

@Decoy Elite said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@Decoy Elite said:

Should have made this thread first K4tz. :P

If I did that it wouldn't include links to voting right away.

It's a double-edged sword.

Have fun making that one post over and over again.

Nah, I'm only making that one post per thread.

Bah, people are already pointing it out for you anyway.  
Anyway, who you betting on for the finals? I'm thinking Avengers vs JLA despite being the obvious choice.
#30 Posted by StMichalofWilson (4101 posts) - - Show Bio

Epic!!!

#31 Posted by leokearon (1785 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure I would call the Bat Family a team. Still it is a shame that there are only 8 teams this could have been bigger and therfore more epic.

#32 Posted by batkevin74 (11209 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: No Great Lakes Avengers! No Section 8! No Alpha Flight! No Shadowpact! No Thunderbolts! No Legion! It's teams like these that in a tournament like this could possibly shine with a good draw, like Goran Ivanisivich who won Wimbledon on the wildcard entry. Still I like it, still cast my votes and also realise the logistics of running such a tournament to cater for us ravenous fans/nerds/dorks!

#33 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh that's the Batman Family? I thought it was just Batman. lol This is going to suck because I can't choose between the Batman Family and the Teen Titans.

#34 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League, Bat Family, Teen Titans, and Avengers.

#35 Posted by garrison12795 (33 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League, X-Men, Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers.

#36 Posted by TheCannon (19407 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome idea. I wanted to do something similar, but I had no clue how to do it. I give you credit.

#37 Posted by k4tzm4n (34920 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@Decoy Elite said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@Decoy Elite said:

Should have made this thread first K4tz. :P

If I did that it wouldn't include links to voting right away.

It's a double-edged sword.

Have fun making that one post over and over again.

Nah, I'm only making that one post per thread.

Bah, people are already pointing it out for you anyway. Anyway, who you betting on for the finals? I'm thinking Avengers vs JLA despite being the obvious choice.

Avengers vs. JLA is definitely the most obvious (which is why I avoided having them face off in round 1). Personally, I'm rooting for the Bat-Family.

#38 Posted by Spideycap (212 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting match ups! I'll go for JL, Bat Fam, TT and the GLC. The last one was the only one that was a tough call for me, but come on...the entire Green Lantern Corps? Thats 7200 plus, each with the most powerful weapon imaginable. Sorry Avengers, I love ya but your done.

#39 Posted by Onemoreposter (4099 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a splendid idea but am I the only one who feels there should have been a larger starting line up? I mean, wheres my X-Force, Justice League International, the Boys, Guardians of the Globe, Defenders, and Outsiders? Why not add the Ultimates or give the Shi'ar empire a team?

#40 Posted by ARMIV2 (8845 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweeeeet!

#41 Edited by EdwardWindsor (14340 posts) - - Show Bio

if xmen get their villians they win since then they get Juggernaut

JLA VS FF = JLA

Bat family Vs X-men= X-men

Titans Vs Guardians= Titans

Lanterns VS Avengers= Lanterns possibly its close

#42 Posted by k4tzm4n (34920 posts) - - Show Bio

@leokearon said:

I'm not sure I would call the Bat Family a team. Still it is a shame that there are only 8 teams this could have been bigger and therfore more epic.

@Onemoreposter said:

This is a splendid idea but am I the only one who feels there should have been a larger starting line up? I mean, wheres my X-Force, Justice League International, the Boys, Guardians of the Globe, Defenders, and Outsiders? Why not add the Ultimates or give the Shi'ar empire a team?

If I had more time in my schedule or came up with this idea sooner then I absolutely would have made the bracket larger. Unfortunately, that's not the case. Hopefully next year I can use 10+ teams :)

@kid Apollo said:

awesome idea, but ive got this feeling that JL and Avengers werent put anywhere near each other because everyone assumes theyre going to be in the finals

Thanks!

@batkevin74 said:

@k4tzm4n: No Great Lakes Avengers! No Section 8! No Alpha Flight! No Shadowpact! No Thunderbolts! No Legion! It's teams like these that in a tournament like this could possibly shine with a good draw, like Goran Ivanisivich who won Wimbledon on the wildcard entry. Still I like it, still cast my votes and also realise the logistics of running such a tournament to cater for us ravenous fans/nerds/dorks!

:D

@StMichalofWilson said:

Epic!!!

Thank you!

#43 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (7557 posts) - - Show Bio

Very cool segment

#44 Posted by Mezmero (969 posts) - - Show Bio

My votes on the first round are based around leadership. Batman, Star Lord, and Captain America are the superior leaders in this case. The next round is when things get serious.

#45 Posted by munkieKONG (145 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna laugh if this turns into Avengers vs. X-men

#46 Posted by FiguredOut95 (379 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice league.

#47 Posted by Decept-O (7292 posts) - - Show Bio

I love this.

#48 Posted by ironshadow (1455 posts) - - Show Bio

@Trodorne said:

Justice League,X-men,Guardians of the Galaxy, and the Green Lantern Corps.

I AM GROOT!

#49 Posted by darkwingdan (190 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh I know, just my prediction on the round 1 winners.

#50 Posted by mtrakos (563 posts) - - Show Bio

each team needs a roster. JLA, who? X-men? Avengers, everyone in the marvel universe is an avenger now...

Surely you dont mean any and all members.