• 92 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by k4tzm4n (34940 posts) 1 year, 1 day ago

Poll: The Comic Vine 2013 Movie Awards VOTING: Best Movie (669 votes)

G.I. Joe: Retaliation 0%
Iron Man 3 7%
Kick-Ass 2 2%
Man of Steel 45%
Pacific Rim 10%
Star Trek Into Darkness 8%
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 13%
The Wolverine 5%
Thor: The Dark World 10%
2 Guns 0%

Welcome to the second edition of the Comic Vine Movie Awards! We know there's plenty of fantastic looking movies heading our way in the years to come, but let's take some time to reflect on just how much awesomeness was packed into 2013. We each have our favorites and now you have the opportunity to tell the world why these films deserve praise.

Keeping it limited to just comic book movies would restrict matters, so we included a few films we know the community really dug this year, too. We've created 10 categories -- ranging from best director to best movie -- and ultimately, the winner of each category will be determined by your votes. Will Marvel and DC take a majority of the awards or will one of the other films swoop in and earn extra praise? Go get your vote on, Viners!

To vote in other categories, check out the main article which will be located on the homepage!

Winners will be announced next Monday (12/30/13).

#1 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8714 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to need some time to think on this one...

#2 Posted by RustyRoy (13968 posts) - - Show Bio

The Desolation of Smaug for me, it was the best movie 2013.

#3 Posted by bob808 (6785 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of Superman

#4 Edited by Xwraith (21509 posts) - - Show Bio

Calling it: It's gonna be either Man of Steel or Pacific Rim.

#6 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6366 posts) - - Show Bio

MoS

#7 Posted by Deranged Midget (17973 posts) - - Show Bio

Considering this is limited to comic(ish) films, I'll vote for Man of Steel.

#8 Posted by ccraft (5590 posts) - - Show Bio

@saren said:

Would have voted for Catching Fire were it here, but in lieu of that I'll vote for Pacific Rim.

Catching Fire made a ton of money, even more than MOS which really surprised me. Even though I really liked Catching Fire, I picked MOS for best movie.

#9 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (3902 posts) - - Show Bio

MoS

@bob808 said:

Man of Superman

Steel lol

#10 Posted by GrenadeFlow (1677 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted for thor by mistake, Pacific Rim is my pick

#11 Posted by k4tzm4n (34940 posts) - - Show Bio

What would your selection be if it wasn't limited?

#12 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35128 posts) - - Show Bio

Pacific Rim

@k4tzm4n said:

@deranged_midget said:

Europa Report

#13 Posted by Deranged Midget (17973 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@deranged_midget said:

Either The World's End or Rush. Both were absolutely magnificent, especially the latter which was a genuine surprise. Honorable mention to Prisoners of course.

#14 Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (6302 posts) - - Show Bio

@saren said:

Would have voted for Catching Fire were it here, but in lieu of that I'll vote for Pacific Rim.

QFT

#15 Posted by SlamAdams (301 posts) - - Show Bio

So people actually liked Man of Steel

#16 Posted by Mrgreenlantern (661 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm torn between Thor and Mos , every single time loki is on screen he attracts all attention his way

#17 Edited by MannEffest (1305 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of Steel is going to crush all these other movies… sadly. But that's not saying much, this was a mediocre year for superhero films.

And I still don't see the appeal of Man of Steel after watching it a 2nd time -_- *sigh*… oh well. Desolation of Smaug is my pick.

#18 Edited by Cyborg6971 (193 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as im3 doesn't win anything I'll be happy.

#19 Posted by Perethorn (3795 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of Steel!

#20 Posted by youknowwhattodo (1576 posts) - - Show Bio

Pacific Rim for me, it was basically what the Transformers movie series were supposed to be.

#21 Posted by Black_Claw (3107 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of Steel for me.

#22 Posted by Dstick88 (122 posts) - - Show Bio

I went with thor i liked MOS but thor had me more interested which is funny because i hated thor 1

As long as im3 doesn't win anything I'll be happy.

i agree very much

#23 Posted by G_leno (1155 posts) - - Show Bio

All you MoS fanboys. Tut Tut Tut. On pure entertainment levels, Kick-ass 2 was the best of these films.

#24 Posted by Ett (27 posts) - - Show Bio

where is The World's End ?

#25 Posted by NoahMaximillion (328 posts) - - Show Bio

Hobbit

#26 Posted by nintendork666 (285 posts) - - Show Bio

PACIFIC RIM was easily my favorite film of the year

(closely followed by Spring Breakers, which didn't make it on the list)

#27 Posted by Mucklefluga (2602 posts) - - Show Bio

Noo! CV is infested with MoS fans O:

I voted for STID, but i don't think any of them would get into even my top 5 films of the year.

#28 Edited by SynCig (654 posts) - - Show Bio

I ended up voting for Thor: The Dark World. I had a hard time because it doesn't have as many individual moments that I loved but as a whole it is more consistent than the other options.

#29 Posted by fil123 (614 posts) - - Show Bio

hobbit was the best movie ive seen this year, over 12 years a slave and american ustle

#30 Posted by Doomnaut (1994 posts) - - Show Bio

PACIFIC RIM.

#31 Posted by dagmar_merrill (10309 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of Steel.

#32 Edited by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

Cant chose between MoS and the Hobbit. It seems like most are voting MoS so i will give The Hobbit some love and vote for that to make things more interesting.

#33 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

MOS

#34 Posted by superior_prime_maybe (531 posts) - - Show Bio

Pacific rim seems really under rated

#35 Edited by Darkseid_Prime (193 posts) - - Show Bio
2 Guns... 0% HAHAHA

#36 Edited by westy206 (775 posts) - - Show Bio

I just don't see the appeal of MoS it was incredibly boring and I'm not some superman hating freak. In a film I'd like to care for the character a little and I dunno maybe even be worried about the main character but nothing had me on the edge of my seat, even wolverine which in all honesty wasnt great but a lot better than MoS had me perched up when he had to put his hand in his chest and then it also managed to get me giddy with the whole ending (don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it)

Hobbit is a classic and I believe other generations will watch the hobbit films and lord of the rings like how new generations still watch Star Wars. MoS shouldn't be top and shouldn't be second actually scratch that I'd put it about 7th

#37 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6491 posts) - - Show Bio

Hobbit

#38 Posted by EvilPenguin543 (181 posts) - - Show Bio

If Gravity were on here, it would have my vote. But since it's not, Pacific Rim gets my vote.

#39 Posted by vPuik (86 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor would be the one I enjoyed the most.

#40 Posted by ME24601 (118 posts) - - Show Bio

If we're going for worst, it would have to be Man of Steel or Kick-Ass 2. I will never understand what people see in MoS...

#41 Posted by nappystr8 (1156 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of Steel is unquestionably the best comic book movie this year, and that makes me sad, because even it was really disappointing. Hopefully next year can restore my faith in the genre. Star Trek into Darkness was a much better movie, The Hobbit is probably better too, but neither of those are based on comics, so I don't think they deserve to be in the running in the first place.

#42 Edited by War Killer (20292 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked Man of Steel the most, so it gets my vote.

#43 Posted by Cap10nate (2734 posts) - - Show Bio

Pacific Rim was my favorite movie on the list. Catching Fire might be my favorite movie of the year. I thought it was very well done.

#44 Edited by Lunacyde (19523 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't decide.

The Hobbit isn't based on comics so I'll use that as my excuse to eliminate it. G.I. Joe made the fanboy in me burst with joy, but it wasn't as great of a movie....which means MoS takes it. Thor was also awesome, I thought it was a great year.

#45 Posted by TDK_1997 (15085 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of Steel.My favorite movie of the year as a whole.Every thing in it was amazing and I loved it.

#46 Posted by mikeman1090 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

The Wolverine was underrated but MOS was my favorite this year, got me super excited for what's to come next

#47 Edited by marvel_dc_heroes_villains (138 posts) - - Show Bio

On the list - Hobbit. Of the whole year - either Inside Llewyn Davis or Wolf of Wall Street. Both of them were f***ing amazing, and anyone who enjoys film should see them both.

#48 Posted by JairamGanpat (926 posts) - - Show Bio

@g_leno said:

All you MoS fanboys. Tut Tut Tut. On pure entertainment levels, Kick-ass 2 was the best of these films.

#49 Posted by JakeN7 (13254 posts) - - Show Bio

@g_leno said:

You obviously didn't see Pacific Rim.

#50 Posted by ComicStooge (14026 posts) - - Show Bio

@saren: Was Catching Fire that good? O_o

I remember hating the first one. Was the sequel a vast improvement?