• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Edited 1 year, 6 months ago

Poll: The Comic Vine 2013 Movie Awards VOTING: Best Hero (735 votes)

Bilbo Baggins (Martin Freeman) 6%
Hit-Girl (Chloë Grace Moretz) 5%
Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.) 13%
Kick-Ass (Aaron Taylor-Jonhson) 1%
Kirk (Chris Pine) 3%
Mako Mori (Rinko Kikuchi) 2%
Raleigh Becket (Charlie Hunnam) 1%
Roadblock (Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson) 1%
Snake Eyes (Ray Park) 1%
Superman (Henry Cavill) 39%
Spock (Zachary Quinto) 3%
Thor (Chris Hemsworth) 15%
Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) 11%

Welcome to the second edition of the Comic Vine Movie Awards! We know there's plenty of fantastic looking movies heading our way in the years to come, but let's take some time to reflect on just how much awesomeness was packed into 2013. We each have our favorites and now you have the opportunity to tell the world why these films deserve praise.

Keeping it limited to just comic book movies would restrict matters, so we included a few films we know the community really dug this year, too. We've created 10 categories -- ranging from best director to best movie -- and ultimately, the winner of each category will be determined by your votes. Will Marvel and DC take a majority of the awards or will one of the other films swoop in and earn extra praise? Go get your vote on, Viners!

To vote in other categories, check out the main article which will be located on the homepage!

Winners will be announced next Monday (12/30/13).

#1 Posted by Xwraith (27085 posts) - - Show Bio

Did I really get the first vote?

I picked Thor.

#2 Posted by Deranged Midget (18231 posts) - - Show Bio

Cavill's Superman.

#3 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6518 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman.

#4 Posted by Wolverine08 (48773 posts) - - Show Bio

Have to think about this.

#5 Posted by bob808 (6843 posts) - - Show Bio

Hit-Girl

#6 Posted by Cyborg6971 (203 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

#7 Edited by Khan_Noonien_Singh (514 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a shame that Khan wasn't included here.

#8 Posted by MannEffest (1368 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, even if I have a distaste for THAT Superman movie, I am so for Henry Cavil taking this one! He was the perfect Superman in my eyes!!

Honorable mention to Jackman though!

#9 Posted by Perethorn (4999 posts) - - Show Bio

Cavill Supes earns my vote.

#10 Posted by Lvenger (23943 posts) - - Show Bio

Hemsworth's Thor was well developed so he gets my vote. I could not be more disappointed that Cavill's Superman will win undeservedly though.

#11 Posted by Mucklefluga (2650 posts) - - Show Bio

NOT SUPERMAN HE KILLED A GUY.

#12 Posted by Experio (18208 posts) - - Show Bio

I give it to Baggins

#13 Posted by SynCig (900 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted for Wolverine but it was close between him and Thor. I liked Man of Steel but Superman was not a good hero in that movie.

#14 Edited by TheAmazingImmortalMan (4543 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman but Thor was a close second

#15 Posted by toptom (1390 posts) - - Show Bio

Sman

#16 Edited by cmaprice (854 posts) - - Show Bio

People are voting for the guy who essentially allowed his city to die? Interesting.

#17 Posted by RustyRoy (14938 posts) - - Show Bio

Spock but Bilbo is a close second.

#18 Posted by Doomnaut (2442 posts) - - Show Bio

THOR!

#19 Edited by MadeinBangladesh (10579 posts) - - Show Bio

THOR!!!!!!!!!! Booooooo Superman was terrible HERO in the movie.

#20 Posted by Deathstroke19 (3858 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes.

#21 Posted by Jphu8414 (4044 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't see anyway Henry Cavill as Supes doesn't win this one

#22 Edited by acaciopereiraoliveira (13 posts) - - Show Bio

My vote goes to Henry Cavill...

Solid acting good performance, filled Reeve shoes with a Superman to the XXI century... didnt like the killing but i acceptd

#23 Edited by ULTRAstarkiller (7800 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine

#24 Posted by AirDave817 (1170 posts) - - Show Bio

It was hard to pick between Iron Man, Wolverine, Thor and Superman. I picked Iron Man.

#25 Posted by mk111 (3148 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man for me.

#26 Posted by tomlikesfries (5321 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

Hemsworth's Thor was well developed so he gets my vote. I could not be more disappointed that Cavill's Superman will win undeservedly though.

Agreed. A plot twist to MoS that would actually make sense would be if the US Government, through research, discovered that Superman was actually a cyborg/robot. Nah, I'm kidding, but Cavill's acting was really bad IMO, he was completely unemotional.

#27 Posted by Lunacyde (21037 posts) - - Show Bio

My inner fanboy says Snake-Eyes, but I had to vote Superman.

#28 Edited by SaintWildcard (15661 posts) - - Show Bio

Saving the world day one is considered being a terrible hero? If you have kid's I fear the day they bring in a B+

#29 Edited by MadeinBangladesh (10579 posts) - - Show Bio

@madeinbangladesh said:

Saving the world day one is considered being a terrible hero? If you have kid's I fear the day they bring in a B+

He destroyed the whole city and probably killed a couple hundred or thousand people.

#30 Posted by SaintWildcard (15661 posts) - - Show Bio

@saint_rog_el said:

@madeinbangladesh said:

He destroyed the whole city and probably killed a couple hundred or thousand people.

Zack Snyder said 5000. And he saved 8 billion people. 8 BILLION!

#31 Edited by MadeinBangladesh (10579 posts) - - Show Bio

@saint_rog_el said:

@madeinbangladesh said:

@saint_rog_el said:

@madeinbangladesh said:

That's even worse than I thought. How many did Thor, Ironman, Batman, etc. kill in their movies? THey saved also 8 BILLIONS without killing hundreds of people. Superman purposely destroyed soo many buildings and places in Man of Steel. He just smashed through them like it was nothing! That's why he was a terrible HERO. That was the problem I had with Man of Steel's Superman. Other than that, I thought the movie wasn't bad.

#32 Edited by mikeman1090 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

@mucklefluga: And saved billions of innocent lives in the process?

#33 Posted by SaintWildcard (15661 posts) - - Show Bio

@saint_rog_el said:

@madeinbangladesh said:

@saint_rog_el said:

@madeinbangladesh said:

That's even worse than I thought. How many did Thor, Ironman, Batman, etc. kill in their movies? THey saved also 8 BILLIONS without killing hundreds of people. Superman purposely destroyed soo many buildings and places in Man of Steel. He just smashed through them like it was nothing! That's why he was a terrible HERO.

When did Iron Man or Batman save 8 billion people? I dont feel like getting into this again, if all the other better debates couldnt convince you, I'm sure as hell not.

#34 Edited by ImTheDamnBatman (3973 posts) - - Show Bio

Cavill. He gave a hero vibe more than the others.

#35 Posted by ccraft (10893 posts) - - Show Bio

@madeinbangladesh said:

@saint_rog_el said:

@madeinbangladesh said:

@saint_rog_el said:

@madeinbangladesh said:

That's even worse than I thought. How many did Thor, Ironman, Batman, etc. kill in their movies? THey saved also 8 BILLIONS without killing hundreds of people. Superman purposely destroyed soo many buildings and places in Man of Steel. He just smashed through them like it was nothing! That's why he was a terrible HERO.

When did Iron Man or Batman save 8 billion people? I dont feel like getting into this again, if all the other better debates couldnt convince you, I'm sure as hell not.

Superman was going to sacrifice himself to protect Earth when he surrendered to Zod, and he saved 8 billion people by stopping the world engine.

Would it really be an action movie without destruction of a city lol, maybe Superman should have took Zod into space and duked it out up there. That would have saved some of that budget money. Damn did people complain when they did the same thing in the Justice League cartoon? I really shouldn't get into this argument either, we all know people are complaining to just complain.

#36 Edited by bloggerboy (723 posts) - - Show Bio

So let me get this straight. The best hero of the year is a guy who steals clothes, wrecks a truck, let's his adoptive father die before his very eyes, instigates fights in town mainstreets, basically commits genocide ("Krypton had it's chance!", kills the villain, destroys a military spy drone and basically says he can do whatever the hell he wants.

Are we in Bizarro World?

Meanwhile the Doctor saves his homeplanet from a Krypton-like fate and shows how an Anniversary year is celebrated...

#37 Posted by StormShadow_X (4034 posts) - - Show Bio

Cavills Superman had the look of New 52 which is one of the best mainstream Superman looks to date however felt like pre 52 in his first year. Considering he did pretty good and like the fact that this feel like one if the most loveable and relatable Superman too date.

#38 Edited by knightofthechronicle (993 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman ftw!

#39 Posted by Doctor_Malekith (59 posts) - - Show Bio

The Doctor. (Hey, the 50th anniversary special was shown in a few theaters).

#40 Posted by Darth Coleslaw (97 posts) - - Show Bio

I am a bigger fan of Wolverine, Superman, and Iron Man, but I think Thor deserves this.

#41 Posted by Douglatron (23 posts) - - Show Bio

Interestingly, Iron Man, Thor and Wolverine combined can't even beat Superman in this poll.

#42 Posted by EnigmaLantern (773 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman.

#43 Posted by ccraft (10893 posts) - - Show Bio

@bloggerboy: Superman accomplished a lot in his first day of being the hero than any other hero in any other movie. What hero doesn't make mistakes, you have the fans who say Supes is too perfect and the ones who hate this film for him not being perfect. Geez.

#44 Edited by Catsnlynne (1175 posts) - - Show Bio

It was between Thor and Wolverine. I picked Thor.

#45 Posted by Quixotist (36 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman, just because everyone's being so whiney about it.

#46 Edited by buttersdaman000 (13386 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman (my pick)

He was willing to sacrifice his own species, and life, on basically the drop of a dime, just to save a people whom he never truly felt connected to save for a few select ones. And, regardless of what has been said, if some of you actually took the time to watch the movie, Superman barely caused any damage to the surroundings. And stealing clothes? Really? He had to to avoid suspicion. And as for the truck, i'm sure that guy will get covered by his insurance lmao

Kirk

He willingly sacrificed his life to save his crew, found out a way to save the lives of his enemies friends and he never gave up his sense of justice.

Raleigh Beckett/The rest of Pacific Rim crew

He was willing to nuke himself to save the world and has the balls to go up against those Kaiju. i would sh!t myself lol

Thor

Umm he saved the Universe...and his mom died? Really heroic but.....yeah....

The rest didn't really do anything 'heroic'. They seemed to have more selfish, revenge related motives. And Thor is last because, honestly, Malekith sucked and there was no sense of danger, or sacrifice, and whatever that truly makes a hero, in that movie. I mean like half his motivation seemed to come from his mum dying, and not Malekith being evil.

#47 Posted by bloggerboy (723 posts) - - Show Bio
@ccraft said:

@bloggerboy: Superman accomplished a lot in his first day of being the hero than any other hero in any other movie. What hero doesn't make mistakes, you have the fans who say Supes is too perfect and the ones who hate this film for him not being perfect. Geez.

Superman got the job done. That's about it. I mean which superhero doesn't win by the end of his/her debut? The devil's in the details. There's making mistakes and then there's people who should never don a cape and become a beacon of hope. I don't want a perfect Superman but I'd like someone who I could at least root for.

Also, Superman had zero character. Everybody sure liked to talk about what it means to be Superman but Clark never had his own say. He was either under zealot Jonathan's guidance or the Jesus Christ to Jor-El's god. Now THAT'S being perfect and boring.

#48 Edited by audiszayd (56 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman. Like @buttersdaman000 says, he gave up the rebirth of his race for humans to live. And taking someone's life for the better isn't an easy thing. He basically sacrificed what he was all about and that's not an easy thing. Who cares about petty theft and smashing a few trees into an idiot's semi truck... it made me laugh.

@ccraft Kudos.

#49 Posted by TimeLordScience (1674 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

Did you dislike Man of Steel in general or just Cavill as Superman?

#50 Edited by bloggerboy (723 posts) - - Show Bio
@buttersdaman000 said:
Superman barely caused any damage to the surroundings. And stealing clothes? Really? He had to to avoid suspicion. And as for the truck, i'm sure that guy will get covered by his insurance lmao

Except when he totally charged Zod, went through some silos, made a gas station and a car explode. There could have been casualties and it would have been Superman's fault. Plus he left his mom on the farm with other kryptonians. They could have used her as hostage. Then Superman stays in Smallville mainstreet and telling people to get inside while Faora bashed him around and through buildings.

Clark already showed his face on the oil rig. It's in his character to ask politely for clothes. The movie could have injected some much needed humor and wit. Think of the scene with the pantless Banner from The Avengers. That was hilarious.

The truck scene like most in MoS is a remake of the classic Donner movie(s). Superman acted like a douche in both versions but the comic nature of Superman II made the scene more fun. In MoS Clark just comes off as a loser who wrecks a truck for petty revenge AFTER Jonathan died to protect his secret.