• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by k4tzm4n (38885 posts) 7 months, 29 days ago

Poll: The Comic Vine 2013 Movie Awards VOTING: Best Action Scene (644 votes)

Dwarves, Biblo vs. Smaug (The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug) 3%
Enterprise crew, Khan vs. Klingons (Star Trek Into Darkness) 2%
Gypsy Danger vs Otachi Kaiju (Pacific Rim) 11%
Hit-Girl vs. Mother Russia (Kick-Ass 2) 3%
Iron Man, Armors vs. Mandarin, Extremis soldiers (Iron Man 3) 10%
River Battle between Elves, Dwarves and Orcs (The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug) 7%
Snake Eyes vs. Storm Shadow (GI Joe: Retaliation) 1%
Snake Eyes / Jinx vs. Red Ninjas (GI Joe: Retaliation) 1%
Spock vs. Khan (Star Trek Into Darkness) 2%
Superman vs. Zod (Man of Steel) 37%
Smallville Battle (Man of Steel) 14%
Thor vs. Malekith (Thor: The Dark World) 3%
Thor vs. Kurse (Thor: The Dark World) 2%
Wolverine vs. Shingen (The Wolverine) 2%
Wolverine vs. Silver Samurai (The Wolverine) 2%

Welcome to the second edition of the Comic Vine Movie Awards! We know there's plenty of fantastic looking movies heading our way in the years to come, but let's take some time to reflect on just how much awesomeness was packed into 2013. We each have our favorites and now you have the opportunity to tell the world why these films deserve praise.

Keeping it limited to just comic book movies would restrict matters, so we included a few films we know the community really dug this year, too. We've created 10 categories -- ranging from best director to best movie -- and ultimately, the winner of each category will be determined by your votes. Will Marvel and DC take a majority of the awards or will one of the other films swoop in and earn extra praise? Go get your vote on, Viners!

To vote in other categories, check out the main article which will be located on the homepage!

Winners will be announced next Monday (12/30/13).

#1 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Smallville battle was NUTS! Even though the final battle was more impactful, there was just more chaos and epic action to be had with the Smallville scene.

#2 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6253 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman vs. Zod. But if the final underwater fight with the Category 5 Kaiju in Pacific Rim was on here, I would've chosen it.

#3 Edited by Mrgreenlantern (657 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman v Zod was a very very emotional ending , if i could pick a second it would be thor v kurse but thats down to loki

#4 Posted by Khan_Noonien_Singh (514 posts) - - Show Bio

Spock cheated.

*Pouts*

#5 Posted by Perethorn (3291 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman vs Zod for me

#6 Posted by bob808 (6766 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman vs. Zod

#7 Edited by TheTrueBarryAllen (4765 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually got bored during the Superman Zod fight, however I did enjoy the Iron Man 3 fight with all the different Armors!

#8 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman vs Zod, Smallville fight is second...everything else is mediocre and boring.

#9 Posted by 14NC3 (1748 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman vs Zod should stomp here

#10 Edited by Mucklefluga (2544 posts) - - Show Bio

BARREL DWARF.

#11 Posted by k4tzm4n (38885 posts) - - Show Bio
Staff
#12 Posted by Experio (15105 posts) - - Show Bio

Mos fight

#13 Posted by Mucklefluga (2544 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@mucklefluga said:

BARREL DWARF.

:D

Earned my vote as well!

Amazing action scene, so so good and so so underrated. Looks like MoS will win this and every other award :/

#14 Posted by Mr. Kamikaze (526 posts) - - Show Bio

Awww, man, the River Battle in The Hobbit easy. That whole scene was incredible.

#15 Edited by SynCig (410 posts) - - Show Bio

The river battle gets my vote simply because the fat dwarf battling in the barrel was awesome.

#16 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2867 posts) - - Show Bio

Kal-EL vs ZOD FTW!!!!!!!

#17 Posted by RustyRoy (11874 posts) - - Show Bio

BARREL DWARF.

This. Khan vs. Spock is a close second

#18 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6571 posts) - - Show Bio

Smallville battle. Fiora was badass!

#19 Posted by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry The Hobbit but you will get my vote next time for sure with The Battle of Five Armies. I've got to give this one to MoS but the Bolg and Orcs vs. Elves comes in second.

#20 Posted by SavageDragon (2250 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by Doomnaut (1993 posts) - - Show Bio

Gypsy Danger vs Otachi stomps.

#22 Posted by Jphu8414 (3535 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman vs Zod final battle

Epicness level was off the charts

#23 Posted by ccraft (5164 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually got bored during the Superman Zod fight, however I did enjoy the Iron Man 3 fight with all the different Armors!

what? from what I remember Tony Stark was running to suit to suit that was boring... It could have been a better fight scene imo

#24 Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (4765 posts) - - Show Bio
@ccraft said:

@thetruebarryallen said:

what? from what I remember Tony Stark was running to suit to suit that was boring... It could have been a better fight scene imo

It's all a matter of opinion, I liked watching all these different types of suits, some of which were controlling themselves, all fight in one big brawl. I'm not a fan of powerhouse characters that just go fist for fist, and the whole 'flying around crashing into things while we punch each other' didn't really interest me at all. In fact I just didn't like Man of Steel all that much, not saying it was a bad film or anything, just not my cup of tea.

Of course, the Iron Man fight could've been a lot better, but out of the fights on this list it was the one that I liked most ^_^

#25 Posted by MonsterStomp (16692 posts) - - Show Bio

Very little love for G.I Joe. I think Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow's best fight was in Rise of the Cobra. I voted Snake Eyes / Jinx vs Red Ninja.

#26 Posted by lifeofvibe (3461 posts) - - Show Bio

This is to easy superman vs zod

#27 Edited by BlackLegRaph (670 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman vs Zod or Smallville battle. Those 2 really stand out in awesomeness!

#28 Posted by Outside_85 (8543 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman vs. Zod Metropolis, it was what Avengers should have been.

#29 Posted by War Killer (20102 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman Vs. Zod simply because of how shocked I was by how it ended. Pacific Rim was a close second though.

#30 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (9981 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of Steel shined the light on how average the action in Avengers was.

#31 Posted by Lunacyde (18431 posts) - - Show Bio

Cliff side Ninja battle FTW

#32 Posted by mikeman1090 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

I was tied between The Hobbit's river fight scene and Superman vs Zod

#33 Edited by ImTheDamnBatman (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

My personal favorite was the fight in Smallville.

#34 Posted by Skyfire (725 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one that thinks the fights in MOS weren't that great? I mean there was little to no progression, it was just punch after punch, I never felt Superman was in any danger. I don't even think he showed any battle damage. In the final battle with Zod all I could think of was why were they causing so much damage, I wasn't blown away by it at all. Weren't bad fights by any means but pretty average for me.

I voted Pacific Rim, they were much better, although the fact all but one of them took place at night was a little annoying.

#35 Posted by Ostyo (7400 posts) - - Show Bio

River battle, do a barrel ROLL!!!

#36 Edited by reaverlation (15141 posts) - - Show Bio

That smallville battle was just amazing with Supes fighting 2 kryptonians along with Zod battle but SV battle for me

#37 Posted by EnigmaLantern (720 posts) - - Show Bio

The Superman Vs. Zod just summed up the overall feel of the movie, had so much emotion in it, to me at least. That's why I voted for it.

#38 Posted by Admiral_IronBeast (151 posts) - - Show Bio

@skyfire said:

Am I the only one that thinks the fights in MOS weren't that great? I mean there was little to no progression, it was just punch after punch, I never felt Superman was in any danger. I don't even think he showed any battle damage. In the final battle with Zod all I could think of was why were they causing so much damage, I wasn't blown away by it at all. Weren't bad fights by any means but pretty average for me.

I voted Pacific Rim, they were much better, although the fact all but one of them took place at night was a little annoying.

amen. Iron Man 3 with the armors unleashed was awesome

#39 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9565 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know which MoS battle to choose.......#FirstWorldProblems. Coin Flip! And it goes........Superman vs Zod

Haven't seen The Hobbit 2 yet, but Pacific Rim and Star Trek were close

#40 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5714 posts) - - Show Bio

Too many to pick.

#41 Posted by fifichiapet (19 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm disappointed that the Free-Fall Rescue from Iron Man 3 isn't included. I felt this was the best action sequence I have seen in years.

#42 Posted by AllStarHit-Girl (574 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of Steel shined the light on how average the action in Avengers was.

QFT

#43 Posted by feedonatreefrog (203 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Superman vs Faora/Nam-Ek, despite some subpar CG shots.

2. Wolverine Train scene

3. River Battle (Hobbit)

4. Gypsy Danger vs Otachi Kaiju

5. Superman vs Zod

#44 Posted by Shallbecomeabattoo (366 posts) - - Show Bio

Great to see MoS so beloved around here.

For me its also Kal vs. Zod. Its even the best superpowered fight in a comicbook movie to date for me. What a great scene and what a great resolution to the fight. Love it.

#45 Posted by GodOfMischief (641 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the MoS fights were incredibly overrated. I really enjoyed the Khan vs Klingon squad though.

#46 Posted by logy5000 (5709 posts) - - Show Bio

This is comic vine. Everybody's going to choose the one with the most destruction.

#47 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by Mister_Sensational (184 posts) - - Show Bio

Smallville battle was NUTS! Even though the final battle was more impactful, there was just more chaos and epic action to be had with the Smallville scene.

Totally agree!

#49 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (9981 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000 said:

This is comic vine. Everybody's going to choose the one with the most destruction.

Zack Snyder has always been great at doing action. Just cus it was in a city doesnt make it any different. It shined a light on how average the Avengers "strike a cool pose" fight style was. You could put this fight in space or in a desert and Zack could still rock this. And to think that JL will blow MoS out of the water in Zack's hands.

#50 Edited by goobot (516 posts) - - Show Bio

I think you should add the wolverine train fight. That was awesome.