Posted by G-Man (18922 posts) - - Show Bio
Please use a flash or html5 video capable browser to watch videos.
00:00:00
Sorry, but you can't access this content!
Please enter your date of birth to view this video

By clicking 'enter', you agree to Comic Vine's
Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

#1 Edited by judasnixon (7252 posts) - - Show Bio

Dear Jason Aaron, I realize you like writing Wacky Fun stories, and I was thinking wow you know what Jason Aaron should write? NEXTwave agents of H.A.T.E.! I really miss those guys, they were the bee's knees! I know you are a very very busy man with all your writing, and beard growing, but I believe you would be perfect for that book. Jason Aaron please bring back NEXTwave. You have the power, and the beard. EXCELSIOR!!!

#2 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6836 posts) - - Show Bio

Heh I like that. Because its Grant Morrison it doesn't have to make sense. I'm so gonna use that from now on.

#3 Edited by Trodorne (2499 posts) - - Show Bio

I was hoping the reference to the wood chipper in Wolverine and the x-men was going to come up.

@RedheadedAtrocitus: something needs to be done about this grant morrison and his logic immediately immediately.

#4 Posted by Jawshco (244 posts) - - Show Bio

@G-man Ha! Tough to not lose control of your eyes when you're sitting across from MJ. & The Dr. Horrible reference immediately made me think of the song Brand New Day from that movie. Which then made me think of think of the Spider-man arc, which hurts my head a bit.

#5 Posted by Trevel8182 (754 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by Webjaker (366 posts) - - Show Bio

You forgot best Simpsons Reference:

#7 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

Since most of these comics referenced are ones I'm not following, I just have to say that I kind of wish I would have caught some of the earlier Spider-Man stuff. Doc Ock as the main character looks really interesting.

Also that art for Wolverine and the X-Men looks fantastic. Has that artist been consistently covering duties or is it like every other Marvel book where they have to switch creative teams because of the terrible shipping schedule?

#8 Posted by longbowhunter (7753 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon: I miss NextWave too.

BTW, thanks for not spoiling Sweet Tooth for us trade readers G-Man.

#9 Posted by irmensul (40 posts) - - Show Bio

Im interested in this new superior spiderman series..doc ock in parkers body? calling people dolts? Il buy that..cos like,the arts ok

#10 Posted by iceslick (807 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sorry Tony I had to do it! My eyes was on the other Tony because heeeeeee's GREAT!!!! LOL

#11 Posted by kartron (400 posts) - - Show Bio

Great video! Loved it!!

#12 Posted by raider17 (15 posts) - - Show Bio

i lost my shit at Quentin Quire wearing the cyclops was right shirt

#13 Posted by huser (97 posts) - - Show Bio

Welp, Superior Spider-man didn't take long to bring to fruition the supreme creepiness of its premise. I'm sure the conquests of a 50+ year old social failure now with the stolen body and knowledge of a better man is going to be awesome to follow.

#14 Posted by huser (97 posts) - - Show Bio

@Reignmaker said:

Since most of these comics referenced are ones I'm not following, I just have to say that I kind of wish I would have caught some of the earlier Spider-Man stuff. Doc Ock as the main character looks really interesting. Also that art for Wolverine and the X-Men looks fantastic. Has that artist been consistently covering duties or is it like every other Marvel book where they have to switch creative teams because of the terrible shipping schedule?

Were it Doc Ock as superhero or even just protagonist, I'd agree it would be very interesting. If it's taking the place of Spider-man that would also be interesting. But as it is, I can't get around the fact a villain has not only killed someone with no justice to be found (until obviously whenever Otto's comeuppance happens), but literally erased their victim from existence and replacing a good man with himself. Then of course there's the creepiness of a middle aged man benefiting from this aforementioned evil and inserting himself into the social life of his victim, a man about 20-30 years his junior using that man's body and memories to interact with people who have no idea what's happening. I've said it elsewhere but the whole thing is just this side of Purple Man rape only because it isn't quite as obviously coercive and AFAIK nothing untoward has happened yet.

#15 Posted by fACEmelter88 (598 posts) - - Show Bio

I love these, look forward to them every week.

#16 Posted by Gajeel23 (3 posts) - - Show Bio

from what X-men is the image in the video?

#17 Posted by G-Man (18922 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gajeel23 it's mentioned in the video. Wolverine and the X-Men.
#18 Posted by DKBix (12 posts) - - Show Bio

Superior Spiderman is just a gimmick, Peter will be back he always is.