The Best Stuff In Comics: 8-31-15

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Each week we take a look at the other Best Stuff you might have missed...this week.

There may be some teeny tiny spoilers below.

SPIDER-WOMAN #10

Best Reason to Maybe Become a Vegetarian

Jessica is in the middle of an investigation in a mysterious small town. The entire town seems to be under the control of someone. As she gets close to getting all the answers, she finds herself facing a herd of...Hulk cows.

No Caption Provided

Harley Quinn #19

Best Reason to Fear the Spoon

Back at San Diego, Jimmy Palmiotti talked about the why a wooden spoon can be a scary thing. In recent issues of HARLEY QUINN, Harley has formed a Gang of Harleys. A mother of several of the members has tracked them down and isn't too happy about her daughters being exposed to such things...and she has a spoon!

No Caption Provided

ANT-MAN: LAST DAYS #1

The One Rule to Follow if you Want to be an Avenger

Things aren't going too well for Scott Lang. He's trying to get by after moving to Miami to try to be closer to his daughter. Now the world's about to end. So what does he end up doing? He breaks the one rule you're not supposed to if you want to be an Avenger.

No Caption Provided

GRAYSON #11

Best Commentary on Dick Grayson's Best...Asset

There's a few things Dick Grayson is known for. He was the Boy Wonder. He's highly acrobatic. But, there's one thing that a lot of people have grown to admire. When Dick is fighting someone that somehow looks exactly like him, he gets a chance to see what the fuss is all about.

No Caption Provided

CIVIL WAR #3

Best Use of Daredevil's Billy Club

In the Civil War domain in Battleworld, it's pretty bleak. With all the fighting, Daredevil's billy club has passed hands a couple times. When fighting a slightly zombified Kingpin controlled by Doc Ock's arms, Hawkeye puts the billy club to good use.

No Caption Provided

SUPERMAN #43

Best Reason Not to Drink Coffee Given by an Evil Corporation

Last issue, Clark, Lois, and Jimmy went undercover to figure out what the evil corporation known as HORDR was up to. When they got there, Jimmy was overjoyed to discover he could get a free caramel latte. This issue, he's paying the price.

No Caption Provided

DEADPOOL'S SECRET SECRET WAR #4

Best Elephant Man Reference

Deadpool always makes light of any situation. After losing his handsome good looks, Janet Van Dyne can't help but cringe. Deadpool uses a line for the famous David Lynch movie.

No Caption Provided

If you're not familiar with the movie or story, here's a clip of that scene.

SPREAD #9

Best Arnold Schwarzenegger/Carl Weathers/Predator Reference

If you've seen Predator, you probably remember the testosterone-filled scene (and handshake) between the two actors. A scene in this week's SPREAD #9 feels like it's channeling that testosterone a little bit.

No Caption Provided

If you haven't seen the movie or need a reminder, here's that epic scene.

S.H.I.E.L.D. #9

Best Like Father, Like Son Scene

In a story that takes a look back at an original investigation of Nick Fury and a current one from Phil Coulson into the origins of S.H.I.E.L.D. and how the Directors are chosen, we see a mirror-like image with Nick Fury Jr.

No Caption Provided

PREZ #3

Best Commentary on Gargamel From the Smurfs

If you've ever watched Smurfs, you know that Gargamel is a really evil guy. For some reason, he has his heart set on eating sentient creatures. It's a little weird. In this month's PREZ, get some thoughts on the character's motives.

No Caption Provided

Best Possible New Title for the Good Book

Beth Ross was elected President of the United States through Twitter. When she's getting sworn in, we see the new name for the Bible.

No Caption Provided

NINJAK #6

Best Use of Onomatopoeias

Nothing like a good use of sound effects in a comic to show off the action.

No Caption Provided

And...

No Caption Provided

HANK JOHNSON, AGENT OF HYDRA

Best Rival Nickname for A.I.M. (Advanced Ideas Mechanics)

Hank Johnson is your average HYDRA agent. Okay, maybe he's a below average agent. When his wife brings up the subject of getting a nanny to help out with their three kids, a neighbor, working for A.I.M. is mentioned. Hank has a special way to refer to A.I.M. agents.

No Caption Provided

Best Reason Not to Pick Up Pens Your Boss Dropped

Hank gets a slight promotion and is reporting to a new boss--Madame Hydra. Looks like things are going to get a little awkward.

No Caption Provided

That's it this week. Let us know in the comments below what other Best Stuff you dug this past week. Thanks to @BlueValleyKid, @RyanYoushockMe, and @GreggKatzman . If you want to participate or felt we missed some other Best Stuff, don't complain, especially if you didn't offer any suggestions. Each week you can @reply me on Twitter at @GManFromHeck by Saturdays using the hashtag #BestStuffInComics. We'll give you a shout out and I'll think you're pretty groovy.

Be sure to always look for the best stuff and always be sure to always be on your best behavior so you don't have to face the wrath of the wooden spoon!

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1 the_stegman  Moderator

"God is disappointed in you." HA!

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

HARLEY QUINN #19:

Best mention of Deadpool while simultaneously breaking the Fourth Wall (apologize for the quality, took it with my phone)

No Caption Provided

rigormortis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@the_stegman: A dead pool is a phrase, it's not necessarily a reference to Deadpool. It's exactly what he's talking about there, gambling on when people will die.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 the_stegman  Moderator

@rigormortis: I feel like it's a reference. I will say it's a reference, and I won't take any other answers besides it being a reference :p

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

LMAO
LMAO

This just convinced me to read this comic.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Love the choices

Dat Ninjak and Hulk cow

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Damn I gotta read Hank and antman

~MiB

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g-man Are they rebooting everything about Civil War with this arc?

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

So, Dick Grayson is straight, huh? Who would have thought. He didn't gush about Dick Graysons butt, so there can't be the slightest interest in guys whatsoever.

Avatar image for currentthor2015
CurrentThor2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eisenfauste: It's not a reboot, it's a secret wars tie in set in one of the many domains of Battleworld.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

brb going to rewatch Predator

SkullKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"sorry my knees make that cracking sound" haha, brilliant!

scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loving Ninjak!

Zearing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@g-man Are they rebooting everything about Civil War with this arc?

No, the story is what might have happened if the war lasted longer. One event towards the end of the 616's Civil War diverged, and made the war last years longer in this domain.

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, Dick Grayson is straight, huh? Who would have thought. He didn't gush about Dick Graysons butt, so there can't be the slightest interest in guys whatsoever.

I know his butt is fictional and I never really had a chance anyway, but I still feel like you just crushed my hopes and dreams.

SwampPing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 26

#16  Edited By SwampPing

God is disapointed in you is a real book, http://www.amazon.com/God-Disappointed-You-Mark-Russell/dp/1491586516

It's illustrated by Shannon Wheeler whos a pretty funny cartoonist

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

I loved everything to do with That Ant-Man and Hank Johnson issue(s). There needs to be some sort of crossover with them. It would be hilarious.

BlackLegRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't know that that is Madame Hydra's type.

roaris87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By roaris87

So who wins in a fight, Bat Cow or Hulk Cow?

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#20 cbishop  Online

HARLEY QUINN #19:

Best mention of Deadpool while simultaneously breaking the Fourth Wall (apologize for the quality, took it with my phone)

No Caption Provided

@the_stegman: A dead pool is a phrase, it's not necessarily a reference to Deadpool. It's exactly what he's talking about there, gambling on when people will die.

@rigormortis: I feel like it's a reference. I will say it's a reference, and I won't take any other answers besides it being a reference :p

It's definitely a reference to Deadpool. Otherwise, the character wouldn't reference the thought balloon- he's acknowledging he's in a comic- something Deadpool does all the time.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#21 cbishop  Online

God is disapointed in you is a real book, http://www.amazon.com/God-Disappointed-You-Mark-Russell/dp/1491586516

It's illustrated by Shannon Wheeler whos a pretty funny cartoonist

Thank you- I thought I remembered this as an actual title. :)

Janjaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hank Johnson and Prez ongoing please!

Darkmount1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

All that talk about the spoon bit in Harley Quinn, and NO ONE has made even a peep about The Tick??????

ZombieSamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like to check out Hank: Agent of Hydra but I'm really caught up with the fact that it would mean rooting for an organization that has Nazi roots.

Scantenii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please get rid of Nick Fury Jr's eye-patch. Give him a robot eye.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

The Horribly Slow Murderer with the Extremely Inefficient Weapon

Loading Video...