The Best Stuff In Comics: 4-27-15

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

This used to be a VIDEO FEATUREfor over one hundred episodes. We've changed the format to a text version as most seem to prefer it this way.

Each week we take a look at the other Best Stuff you might have missed...this week.

Apologies for the slightly briefer edition (again). I'm at the hotel after C2E2 fighting with the hotel internet and trying to edit our video features (be sure to check out all our posts).

ALL-NEW X-MEN #40

Best Earth Day Celebration

Last Wednesday was Earth Day. Last Wednesday was also the release of ALL-NEW X-MEN #40. After their crazy adventure out in space during the Black Vortex arc, the X-Men finally returned to Earth. Let's just say they were pretty happy.

No Caption Provided

Best Nickname for Young Cyclops

Things can often get confusing for the X-Men. It's even more so with the younger versions of the original X-Men. Magik comes up with a great name for young Cyclops.

No Caption Provided

CONVERGENCE: THE ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN #1

Best 2-Page Flashback (Premonition)

In this world, we see Superman and Supergirl before CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS. She gets a glimpse at what her future holds (which is really a flashback for readers. Now we get to relive those big moments for Supergirl.

No Caption Provided

HULK #14

Best Blood Mustache

You probably saw this week's edition of Best Battles in Comics. HULK #14 was one of the issues featured with some pretty hardcore fighting action. We always wonder what happens to General Ross' mustache when he turns into Red Hulk. During the fight, he ends up with a bit of a mustache from his blood.

No Caption Provided

Best Alternative to Going to the Dentist

Going to the dentist can be a pain. You have to hope you can get an appointment that works for you. There's also the insurance you have to deal with. Hulk decided to give Red Hulk a hand (or fist) to help him with some of his teeth.

No Caption Provided

INHUMAN SPECIAL #1

Best Vulture Reference

Spider-Man is sort of hanging out with some of the Inhumans (or NuHumans). They're dealing with a flying dude. Spider-Man makes a reference that describes Vulture pretty accurately.

No Caption Provided

CHEW #48

Best Movie to Watch on an Airplane

What better movie is there to watch while on an airplane than the classic movie Airplane? I'm sure there are some others that come to mind but let's just go with this one.

No Caption Provided

Best Question about a Robotic Horse Body

This next one kind of speaks for itself. I guess the real question is, is there any other question you could ask?

No Caption Provided

STAR WARS #4

Best "Who Shot First?" Moment

In this issue we see a new character talking to some Rodians. There's no questioning who shot first with her.

No Caption Provided

THE UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL #4

Best Discussion on Linguistics

Squirrel Girl is having a discussion with Galactus while trying to prevent him from devouring Earth. An interesting point is raised.

No Caption Provided

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY & X-MEN: THE BLACK VORTEX OMEGA #1

Best Marriage Proposal

This might be a tiny spoiler. But if you read this week's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, you also saw the news there. Peter Quill finally realized what his feelings for Kitty Pryde are and asked her the big question.

No Caption Provided

That's it this week. Let us know in the comments below what other Best Stuff you dug this past week. Thanks to @DJFanco, @RyanYoushockMe, and @Jawshco for their suggestions. If you want to participate or felt we missed some other Best Stuff, you can @reply me on Twitter at @GManFromHeck by Saturdays using the hashtag #BestStuffInComics. We'll give you a shout out and I'll think you're pretty groovy.

Be sure to always look for the best stuff and always be sure visit an actual dentist for all your dentistry needs.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

That art for Supergirl is really good

Also I think that second image would have been better for "Best shot of Magik in boy shorts"

Yeah I know that joke deviates from my normal reserved personality, but I couldn't help it

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 64

#2  Edited By Teerack

Best examples of leadership!

No Caption Provided

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@teerack: Hahaha that's great. :)

Also I love Galactus' lines this week.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for 12_percent_of_a_plan
12_Percent_Of_A_Plan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dang, those knee shots, though.

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By DrellAssassin

That Squirrel Girl page makes me groan; it seems like it originated from Tumblr.

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DaymarePrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That Squirrel Girl page makes me groan; it seems like it originated from Tumblr.

Same thing I felt when reading the panel. Granted, it could be taken out of context or a meta way of the author saying it is a little too GN out there are the moment, but considering how the title even came about, I doubt that.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#9 frozen  Moderator

Who exactly is doing that flashback of COIE? Superman and Supergirl of COIE are different versions.

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I miss Leslie Nielsen. Now I need to rewatch all of the Airplane and Police Squad movies.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drellassassin said:

Same thing I felt when reading the panel. Granted, it could be taken out of context or a meta way of the author saying it is a little too GN out there are the moment, but considering how the title even came about, I doubt that.

Psh, if you guys don't love Squirrel girl "then you're so uncool you're not just a square, you're a cosmic cube!"

sgu823

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drellassassin said:

The in-continuity reason for why Galactus is talking the way he is in this comic is that everyone perceives Galactus differently. This is just what Galactus sounds like to Doreen, just like how Galactus' super-computer or whatever looks like a Windows 2000.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Kitty and Quill so sweet

~MiB

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Cool stuff!

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I miss Leslie Nielsen. Now I need to rewatch all of the Airplane and Police Squad movies.

All of them?!? Surely you can't be serious?....

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What about this?
What about this?

Scribbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainhoopla said:

All of them?!? Surely you can't be serious?....

I won't say it...won't say it...

Aaargh! "I am serious. And don't call me Shirley."

Damn you for making me do that.

Scribbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daymareprime:

Agreed. I want to like Squirrel Girl, because I think she's a pretty cool character if done correctly. But I just feel like this book, I don't know, tries too hard to be something special.

I've heard a ton of people in LCSs and on podcasts fawn over this title, and I just can't get into it, no matter how hard I try.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can forgive the tumblr influence on Squirrel Girl, because that conversation was actually hilarious.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice