• 42 results
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Normally this has been a VIDEO FEATUREfor over one hundred episodes. We're still toying with the idea of changing the format to see what works best. It's all a matter of time for us to produce and in how you all prefer to consume this feature. I've toyed with the idea of testing a text version to see how it goes. Let me know in the comments below.

Each week we take a look at the other Best Stuff you might have missed.

AXIS: HOBGOBLIN #1

Best ACTION COMICS #1 Homage

Hobgoblin seems to have changed his ways. In a montage of good deeds, we see a pretty familiar looking scene.

No Caption Provided

Best Motivational Speech

Roderick Kingsley has decided to profit off the idea of being a superhero and setting up superhero franchises. The reaction to his words was pretty impressive.

No Caption Provided

SUPERMAN #35

Best Indication Things are Returning to Normal at the Daily Planet

In the New 52, the Daily Planet hasn't quite felt like it used to. Lois Lane got a big promotion, while great for her, took her out of the field as a reporter, for the most part. Clark Kent quit to start a blog with Cat Grant. Thankfully Lois hasn't been able to stay away from being a reporter and if Perry White and Geoff Johns has anything to say about all this, Clark will return to the Planet as well.

No Caption Provided

AVENGERS & X-MEN: AXIS #3

Best Narration During a Battle

It's Deadpool. He likes to talk. It's always fascinating what must be going on in his mind.

No Caption Provided

THE FLASH #35

Best Corny Lines During a Battle

We all know that the banter during a superhero fight is a big thing. The heroes and villains may have incredible skills and powers but keeping up the witty banter isn't always easy. Here we have Barry Allen vs...himself. It's no wonder they both yell out lines that will make you groan.

Here's when Barry first decides to take action against his future self.

No Caption Provided

The thing is, I wonder if Flash ever said that before now. It's kind of surprising if he hasn't.

Later when his future self seems to get the upper hand, we yells out this line:

No Caption Provided

This issue does also have the best surprise-appearance-that-you-probably-saw-coming-but-was-still-crazy-to-see.

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #8

Best Costume Upgrade

We think Cindy Moon, Silk, is an interesting new character. Her costume wasn't really something to write home about. It was basically a bunch of webs all over her body. It seems others have noticed this as a slight problem.

No Caption Provided

Cindy decides to do something about it. Don't ask us exactly how her web powers work but it looks like she had no problems whipping up an entirely newly designed outfit.

No Caption Provided

Best Improvised Pharmaceutical Disclaimer

We know Spidey can easily come up with the witty banter.

No Caption Provided

NEW WARRIORS #11

Best Sound FX Battle Cry

Having a great battle cry can say a lot about a superhero or team. Throughout this series, Speedball has been trying to come up with the perfect one. They might be onto something here. Or maybe they just needs to really keep working on it.

No Caption Provided

HARLEY QUINN #11

Best commentary on Power Girl's costume

We've heard the comments before. When Power Girl ends up with a bit of amnesia, she wonders what's going on with her costume.

No Caption Provided

THE WALKING DEAD #133

Best Horrifying Moment

I've mentioned that I've fallen a little behind in this series but this is pretty crazy. As if things were bad enough, now we have talking zombies...with knives.

No Caption Provided

SECRET AVENGERS #9

Best Overview of the Current Situation

Leave it to Michael Walsh to give us a great visual idea of what's going on. He's done this before and it's great seeing the entire scene from a pulled back view right before the action starts.

No Caption Provided

This issue also has a great display of trick arrows (right after this scene) and a nice display of g-forces at work, on MODOK.

BATMAN ETERNAL #29

Best Reason to Not Like Hush

Supervillains often have numerous reason to despise them. They often do amazingly cruel things. If you've ever had a hellish commute, you'll find a new reason to not like Hush.

No Caption Provided

DEADPOOL #36

Best Sweater

Deadpool. In a sweater. 'Nuff said.

No Caption Provided

Bonus: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Episode #205

Best use of escrima sticks

Just because someone made an animated gif and it was a really cool scene, check out Adrianne Palicki as Bobbi Morse, aka Mockingbird.

No Caption Provided

That's all I came up with this week. Let us know in the comments below what other Best Stuff you dug this past week. Special thanks to @djfanco, and @Jawshco (via Twitter) for their suggestions. If you want to participate, you can @reply me on Twitter at@GManFromHeck by Fridays using the hashtag #BestStuffInComics and I'll think you're pretty groovy.

Let us know what you thought of this new format we're testing. So be sure to always look for the best stuff and be sure to wear those holiday sweaters with pride.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Again, liking this format way way better. It's faster, plus if I have a best so and so I can post it and add to the list.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#2  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

TONY you forgot the GOOD TIMES SLOTH from MEMETIC!

No Caption Provided

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@madeinbangladesh: not really. My comic shop didn't have it and no one suggested it over Twitter.

webheadcomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I like the video. Gives it more personality and the voices @g_man does are very entertaining :)

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@madeinbangladesh: Good Times Sloth? that's redundant, anytime sloths are involved in anything you know it's going to be a good time.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

@g_man said:

@madeinbangladesh: not really. My comic shop didn't have it and no one suggested it over Twitter.

You need to check out MEMETIC. The comic is amazing.

SwampPing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 26

Video format is a lot funner and funnier. Here none of Tony's personality comes through

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Video format is a lot funner and funnier. Here none of Tony's personality comes through

I miss the videos too. But I guess this is the new status quo for this feature.

Shame, it was always fun to see which action figures Tony and I both had (Like Maxx and Marv) :)

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guys, please can you stick to the vidoes...

Teisson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Another dull Monday morning without G-Man! I've used to start my week with The Best Stuff, but now it's just another article (very interesting though). Please, bring back video!

WheatStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both formats are good, but I'm starting to prefer the article style. Is it because of Adrianne Palicki ... could be. :)

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Sensual Archer God.

That's it. Deadpool wins everything, ever.

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The last bit could have been the best what could have been.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

I have to say I prefer the video format. Partly because it just comes across as more amusing when Tony is narrating it and partly because I can't just skip over things that I normally wont read about (See Deadpool-stuff).

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Still prefer this format

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Love the new format, some good stuff this last week. With the way people are talking about AXIS, it seems like I need to read Uncanny Avengers first so I've been holding out on reading up on the event.

BigL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Are those actually talking walkers or are they people wearing masks? That's strange. I don't read the comic so I have no idea. I do miss the videos but the article format is just fine. It seems like there is more in the article than there would be in the video, however that could just depend on the week I suppose

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@bigl said:

Are those actually talking walkers or are they people wearing masks? That's strange. I don't read the comic so I have no idea. I do miss the videos but the article format is just fine. It seems like there is more in the article than there would be in the video, however that could just depend on the week I suppose

People wearing masks.

BigL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still prefer this article format. Better for viewing and reading the panels instead of them just flashing on the screen while you read it.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: @teisson: @awesomeperson: @zzombie13: @swampping: @webheadcomics: The views are definitely higher for the article format. I wonder if it's a matter of easier access. Some at work or school may not be able to watch a video. Maybe they intend to watch later and don't always get around to it. I'm still not 100% ruling out the return. I just need to maximize what I can. If it's a matter of missing my video presence (thanks), what are your thoughts on keeping 2-Minute Time-Out active? With a two-minute limit, it'd be easier to edit while still doing other things.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By AwesomePerson

@g_man: Even though the article format may be easier to access, I just believe that your guys' expression and voices were awesome...

Though I will keep reading whatever format you guys pick...

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man: I have to ask, but this page counter you are using, does it also count the video if it's played from the front page?

I have to admit the 2-minute Time-Out feature is something I think of as an occasional feature at best, when there is something big-ish to talk about that shouldn't be lost in the podcast. Best Stuff on the other hand is great as a regular feature.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: Video views, regardless of from where. Front page, video page, embedded, etc.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ZZoMBiE13

@g_man said:

@outside_85: @teisson: @awesomeperson: @zzombie13: @swampping: @webheadcomics: The views are definitely higher for the article format. I wonder if it's a matter of easier access. Some at work or school may not be able to watch a video. Maybe they intend to watch later and don't always get around to it. I'm still not 100% ruling out the return. I just need to maximize what I can. If it's a matter of missing my video presence (thanks), what are your thoughts on keeping 2-Minute Time-Out active? With a two-minute limit, it'd be easier to edit while still doing other things.

I enjoy the 2-minute timeout videos too. But the "Best Stuff" were always my favorite. I know it's silly, but I dug the voices when you'd read the characters speech ballons. They made me smile.

It's not the end of the world though. Merely expressing a thought. This new format is fine too, but if asked point blank I'll always choose video over reading. It's not because I don't like reading, I just have a lot of distractions in my life -teenage daughter, girlfriend, family, texts messages, phone calls, etc- and it's easier to pause a video and click PLAY to pick back up than to stop reading, then find my place where I left off once the interruption is over, continue the article and so on.

Just for the sake of saying it, I'll read/watch whatever articles you guys put up no matter what. I'm a full blown fan of this site just like I'm a fan of the comics about which you write. Comic Vine isn't just a site I drop by from time to time, it's a daily visit for me. Usually twice or more. So written articles or video production, I'll show up regardless. There's never a question of quality in the work, and that is all that really matters. :)

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zzombie13: I'm tempted to bring back Comic Book Spoilers Classics.

It wouldn't be weekly. Maybe that would be a compromise?

Meteoric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who would have thought Hobgoblin could be that much fun?

Silk's intriguing, although her costume is in the classic "we can clearly tell who you are" style...

kcvic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By kcvic

I needs her diaper changed

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loved the stripper reference by Power Girl, so hilarious! And I knew Hush was behind all the traffic problems! Definitely prefer this method. And YES! Bring back Comic Book Spoilers Classics!

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mak13131313: You know, I think I have one I filmed a while ago but never got around to editing. I should dig up the footage. Surprise, surprise, I think it involved Jimmy Olsen.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man said:

@zzombie13: I'm tempted to bring back Comic Book Spoilers Classics.

It wouldn't be weekly. Maybe that would be a compromise?

That's so funny, earlier today I was thinking about how much I miss that segment.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18: one, I didn't want to spoil that. Two, It wasn't much of an upgrade. It's almost the same.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Outside_85

Four: still terrible choice of colors :) ... though for some reason Wally looks slightly paler?

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: Oh don't be so negative, that costume looks amazing.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man: That would be awesome! And of course it has Jimmy in it. Hahaha!

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Sirzechs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Again, liking this format way way better. It's faster, plus if I have a best so and so I can post it and add to the list.

Indeed I'm loving the article format and I bet it saves Tony alot of time.

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By dan12456

I definitely prefer this format. I never watch videos unless it's a preview for a movie/show or something. When reading people's opinions I prefer to skim through parts I don't find interesting which is impossible with a video. I love this piece but wouldn't watch it if it switched back to video.