• 42 results
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

This used to be a VIDEO FEATUREfor over one hundred episodes. We've changed the format to a text version as most seem to prefer it this way. Let me know in the comments below.

Each week we take a look at the other Best Stuff you might have missed...this week. With new comics coming out on New Year's Eve, there was a small number of titles to choose from. We still found some of this week's best stuff.

S.H.I.E.L.D. #1

Best Preparation for a Future Career

This series focuses on Phil Coulson and his promotion within S.H.I.E.L.D. We know, from the movies, that he's just a normal guy that geeked out a little over meeting Captain America. Now he's leading squads that included S.H.I.E.L.D. agents and the occasional superhero. In this issue we see that Phil has been training for for this position his entire life. It goes to show that reading comics and the adventures of heroes could lead to an interesting career.

No Caption Provided

Best Fight Scene

During the big mission, we see a pretty impressive fight scene. Words are not needed to describe what's going on. Just check it out.

No Caption Provided

BATMAN ETERNAL #39

Best Tough Love Pep Talk

Vicki Vale has had a bit of a rough time lately. While on the job, reporting the craziness going on in Gotham, she fell for the wrong guy. Leave it to her editor to try to keep her on track.

No Caption Provided

STAR TREK/PLANET OF THE APES: THE PRIMATE DIRECTIVE #1

Best Way to Portray a Klingon

We know being able to speak Klingon isn't a difficult task for those dedicated to learning the language. Knowing the language isn't enough to try to actually pass as a Klingon. We see Lt. Uhura knows the secret to pulling it off.

No Caption Provided

X-O MANOWAR #31

Best Breaking the Sound Barrier

Sometimes you can use your abilities to show off a little and provide some entertainment. The crowd seemed to like it.

No Caption Provided

ALL-NEW MIRACLEMAN ANNUAL #1

Weirdest Moment

We see all sorts of crazy things and read all sorts of crazy captions in comic books. But sometimes you read and see something that's really weird.

No Caption Provided

ABIGAIL AND THE SNOWMAN #1

Best Dressed Yeti

In the first issue, we discover that Yeti have the power to cloud men's minds. That could be why we didn't know they sometimes dress a little fancy.

No Caption Provided

INJUSTICE - GODS AMONG US: YEAR THREE Chapter 14

Best Sign that Superman isn’t Super at Everything

If you haven't been keeping up with INJUSTICE, this next image will be kind of strange. Perhaps you should go back and catch up. What we see is Superman and Lois' baby. Superman can do a lot of amazing things but there are still some things he struggles with.

No Caption Provided

Best Poll of the Week

Last week the poll dealt with seeing holidays depicted in comics and whether or not they should happen. You can check out the rest of the results HERE.

This week deals with Superman and Lois.

(Note: if you get a "session expired" notice, refresh the page).

That's all I came up with this week. Let us know in the comments below what other Best Stuff you dug this past week. Thanks to @djfanco for his couple of suggestions. If you want to participate or felt we missed some other Best Stuff, you can @reply me on Twitter at @GManFromHeck by Fridays using the hashtag #BestStuffInComics and I'll think you're pretty groovy.

Let us know what you think of this format. Answer the poll question. Be sure to always look for the best stuff and remember to believe in yourself and not be a sucker.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1 the_stegman  Moderator

I loved Superwoman(?) in Injustice, but a small part of me keeps saying it would be physically impossible for a human and Kryptonian to reproduce.

ParaChomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Super parents with children, kind of troubling to balance out three jobs. The only thing I've seen where it's balanced well is the Incredibles but even then daily family interactions when they are vigilantes isn't given any depth. I would like to see that. I found this weeks choices entertaining but lacklustre.

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By dan12456

If not Supes and Lois, someone having a baby would definitely be interesting.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By gmanfromheck

@parachomp: not many comics were released this week. There was like three other titles out.

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#5  Edited By The Lobster

@parachomp said:

Super parents with children, kind of troubling to balance out three jobs. The only thing I've seen where it's balanced well is the Incredibles but even then daily family interactions when they are vigilantes isn't given any depth. I would like to see that. I found this weeks choices entertaining but lacklustre.

Deadpool is surprisingly an effective superhero parent. He lets his daughter live with another family so that she always is cared for while he is off doing his superhero shenanigans, but still makes occasional visits and actually attempts to be a responsible parent. Who'd have thunk the Merc With A Mouth could actually be a half-way decent dad.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I feel like Supes and Lois having a baby would only slow down the story. Maybe someday in the far future it could be interesting, but for the first time in years Lois and Superman are apart and it opens up room for a wide variety of new stories to tell.

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_lobster_:

Yep, for a novice Wade is doing an ok job of parenting- of course have a SHIELD agent LMD for a babysitter helps a bit. Have to love the twist on the "pull my finger" gag!

On another note, maybe have Superman Supercheat on Lois and have a SuperBaby to a fellow Superhuman? Then when Lois Superfinds out, she can get superupset at him!

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is not terrible choices this week but not great ones either....

Then again, there was like 5 comics or something out this week...

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Wow how did you do it with only the 5 comics that came out?

MrStryve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd also give SHIELD a Best Case of Mistaken Identity when Fitz asks "Are you the new Thor?".

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never like original Star Trek. I think there are overhyped and Arrogance just spills out of kirks mouth when ever he talks. That's why could never get into the comics series

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: I always liked the idea of superman haveing a half human baby.

MrStryve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@holyserpent: Agent Fitz, the Scottish engineering boffin from the TV show.

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think my neighbor is a Yeti.

scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@the_lobster_: Nnever thought Wade would be that good, but you'll never know, weird guys make great parents sometimes.

Anyways, man, that panel from X-O Manowar was awesome.

TobenRacicot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

Nothing from East of West? Come on @g_man get your stuff together.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

@dan12456 said:

If not Supes and Lois, someone having a baby would definitely be interesting.

I recommend reading Saga then!

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobenracicot: Get what together? I read the issue. There wasn't really a single panel that could be taken out of context to be included. Plus:

If you want to participate or felt we missed some other Best Stuff, you can @reply me on Twitter at @GManFromHeck by Fridays using the hashtag #BestStuffInComics and I'll think you're pretty groovy.

I went through all the issues that were released since there were so few. Maybe YOU need to get your stuff together?

CrystalMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By CrystalMaster
@captainmarvel4ever said:

I feel like Supes and Lois having a baby would only slow down the story. Maybe someday in the far future it could be interesting, but for the first time in years Lois and Superman are apart and it opens up room for a wide variety of new stories to tell.

Actually it opens up room for a narrow variety of old stories to retell, seriously the reason they got married in the old continuity is because they realized it was the only place for the story to go.

Oh and as for slowing the story down bit, i don't know when the world collectively forgot this, but married life will always be a billion times more interesting any dating drama. Which new 52 books had the best relationship material? Animal Man and Aquaman, the two that feature married couples.

I recently went back and re-read Geoff John's Flash run (which is honestly just above Teen Titans for his weaker efforts, but this is GJ so it was still amazing), and the marriage drama between Wally and Linda is far more interesting then Barry's love triangle BS in the New 52 series, and it also redoubled my hatred for new-Wally but that's getting off track.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crystalmaster: That's just it though, back then that was the only place to go, now things are much much more open.

Not really, so far the Superman/Wonder Woman relationship has been very interesting (although I did not like the first issue of Tomasi's run).

That's something I really didn't like with Wally, and I actually think the love triangle in Flash is very well handled. Also if you only liked Wally for his relationship, then you weren't really into the character. Relationships inform a character, they don't define them. Hpwever if you liked Wally's character, then there should be no problem with this "new' Wally.

StarBrand1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: Well physically speaking..... these are comic books.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice.

CrystalMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By CrystalMaster

@captainmarvel4ever: That makes no sense, things are as open now as they were back then, by which i mean not at all. Lois is the perfect match for Smallvile and their normal relationship has had every knock and cranny explored, there marred life is far more interesting.

No, its been a slog of this will obviously not end well, with people just patiently twiddling their thumbs until the inevitable epic break up. The only reason its tolerable is because they are younger versions of the two so they don't know better and the inevitable break up explaining exactly why they don't belong together will be undenyable satisfying to read.

You didn't like that he had an interesting married life? What is wrong with you? The current Flash run's love triangle is good? It's the worst part of the first run, and the second worst part of the second run.

I LOVED everything about Wally, including his usually well written love life, and the new version is NOT Wally West, he is not the lovable quick witted asshole, he is not the genuinely good person that was mentored by his Uncle, he is not the character that people fell in love with, he is not worthy of the mantle of Kid Flash, which kind of makes that hideous outfit more bearable, it's not Kid Flash's.

I have given Videtti 10 issues to get Wally West back to the way he should be, and he has yet to deliver, i know Wally West better then any other comic character baring Dick Grayson, my second fav and favorite respectable, don't you dare tell me that i shouldn't have any problem with Wally in name only. if it isn't obvious this is the touchy subject for Crystal Master.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crystalmaster: Not really, now everything's been reset, meaning the chances for a whole new spectrum of stories have been opened up. Also you contradict yourself, Lois and Superman already had their relationship explored, meaning it wasn't really doing anything.

Now your just being difficult, you know Superman/Wonder Woman has been a great book, big on both character moments and action. Personally I kinda hope they will stay together, but as we both know the status quo. For now lets enjoy this great story, because just like Superior Spider-Man, it has to end at some point.

Not really, I didn't find it interesting. To be fair though, I never found Wally as interesting as the Flash, I've always liked his interrelation with the Titans much much better. I also really like the relationships Barry currently has, they don't define the story in any way, and they make them a little more enjoyable, it's just such a nice dynamic.

You know that's temporary, Wally never had a very definitive origin, so this isn't going against anything. If you've been reading the Flash like me then you've been seeing him change a little each issue on his way back to the character he was. I also like the new costume, but that's just me.

CaptainMarvel4Ever sees your concern, and assures you it will work out.

In the mean time blow off some steam in the PM and hang out with everybody, I talk about you all the time.

CrystalMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be brief

Point 2: oh the book is good but its still a crap concept made tolerable by good book and them being younger

Point 4: his origin was never that defined but his character was, and he's still not Wally now and the thing he's becoming isn't Wally

Ok i didn't actually write that last line, that was my friend who noticed i forgot to actually send the coment when i stormed out of the room to tack a cooling off shower.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crystalmaster: Actually I think it's good because of a solid concept. At first glance (and I am guilty of this) the relationship seems like it wouldn't work, but Superman and Wonder Woman have the right character traits in common, and ones that differ that the relationship works. Both are kinda lonely, both live similar lives and have similar problems that they can share together and break the loneliness, even if it's only for brief moments. At the same time they grew up and were raised differently, so they still come from different worlds and that makes it really interesting to see these two interact. Plus at the end of the day the fact that you think it wouldn't work makes it all so much better. That's why at the end of the day even though I know it has to end, I really don't want it too, I really wish that we could see this relationship go all the way, but I know it will never happen, so for now I enjoy what I have.

Not even you can say this doesn't move you just a little inside

I'd beg to differ, especially since DC knows how much fans love Wally. Like I said man, wait and see, in time you'll have Wally back. While your waiting, just check out his two issues from Convergence, they'll make you feel better.

Sure it was, CaptainMarvel4Ever totally believes CrystalMaster's comment ;)

CrystalMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By CrystalMaster

@captainmarvel4ever:

@crystalmaster: Actually I think it's good because of a solid concept. At first glance (and I am guilty of this) the relationship seems like it wouldn't work, but Superman and Wonder Woman have the right character traits in common, and ones that differ that the relationship works. Both are kinda lonely, both live similar lives and have similar problems that they can share together and break the loneliness, even if it's only for brief moments. At the same time they grew up and were raised differently, so they still come from different worlds and that makes it really interesting to see these two interact. Plus at the end of the day the fact that you think it wouldn't work makes it all so much better. That's why at the end of the day even though I know it has to end, I really don't want it too, I really wish that we could see this relationship go all the way, but I know it will never happen, so for now I enjoy what I have.

I'd beg to differ, especially since DC knows how much fans love Wally. Like I said man, wait and see, in time you'll have Wally back. While your waiting, just check out his two issues from Convergence, they'll make you feel better.

Sure it was, CaptainMarvel4Ever totally believes CrystalMaster's comment ;)

Point 1, adding this to the disagree list, we've hit 15 major points by the way, by the way, that picture does kind of make my want to puke, so i can't deny you that point.

Point 2, since when has fan love ever prevented stupid stuff, no, why isn't he back now? why can't we just have the likable asshole that's always been consistant, why do we have to trade in that for a chock-able asshole,

Point 3, Have you learned nothing about me by now, i don't kid around,

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crystalmaster: Oh you, always Mr. Crankypants, only one thing to do

No Caption Provided

I'm guessing they want to earn that, give it time brotha, just trust me and have a little faith.

Have you learned nothing about me? so long as I have a chance to put a smile on yer face ya can't get rid of me :)

CrystalMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crystalmaster: Oh you, always Mr. Crankypants, only one thing to do

No Caption Provided

I'm guessing they want to earn that, give it time brotha, just trust me and have a little faith.

Have you learned nothing about me? so long as I have a chance to put a smile on yer face ya can't get rid of me :)

I'm more a stick in the mud then Cranky pants

"i am so old, i've used up so much faith" The Tenth Doctor (except i replaced mercy with faith)

The most fruitless endever i've seen in awhile

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crystalmaster: A stick in the mud who just got a virtual hug

Hehe.... Doctor Who is for nurds

No such thing as a fruitless endeavor my friend

Oh, and come over to the PM, we're talking about Hawkeye and havin a blast.

CrystalMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers