• 47 results
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

This used to be a VIDEO FEATUREfor over one hundred episodes. We've changed the format to a text version as most seem to prefer it this way. Let me know in the comments below.

Each week we take a look at the other Best Stuff you might have missed...this week.

HAWKEYE VS. DEADPOOL #4

Best Cosplay

Hawkeye and Deadpool have sort of been teaming up. Deadpool wants to help save the day. He borrowed some of Hawkeye's old equipment.

No Caption Provided

Turns out there was a reason Hawkeye hasn't been used his sky-cycle lately. Deadpool finds out the hard way.

Best Reason to Remember Safety First on Escalators

Black Cat has been doing some pretty evil things. As her plans starts to unravel, she says goodbye to one of her men on the escalators. This just shows you should ALWAYS concentrate while on escalators.

No Caption Provided

First his coat got stuck, then his tie. It's not a pretty site what happens next.

HULK #10

Best Use of Chopsticks

Hulk and Red Hulk are about to fight each other in New York City. Daredevil doesn't like this idea. As he just stepped out of Chinese restaurant, he finds the best way to get their attention to convince them to take it elsewhere.

No Caption Provided

INJUSTICE: YEAR THREE Chapter 15

Best Sunrise

This comic has had it's share of crazy and over the top action. Sometimes you need to pause and appreciate the finer things in life.

No Caption Provided

PUNISHER #14

Best Totally Unnecessary and Over-the-Top Kill

Punisher obviously has no problem taking out his opponents. He's always focused on the task at hand. But sometimes he takes his job so seriously, he really wants to make sure the deed is done.

No Caption Provided

After shooting and kicking two bad guys out of a skyscraper, he really wanted to make sure they were taken care of.

Best Overpowered Gun

Unfortunately this gun wasn't owned by Punisher but rather used against him. It seems not only can you see through several floors, you can also shoot through them as well to hit your target.

No Caption Provided

ROBOCOP #7

Best Field Goal Kick

In a world where a RoboCop exists, why would anyone want to be a criminal?

No Caption Provided

Goooooooooal!

SPIDER-MAN 2099 #7

Best Reason to Avoid the Punisher from any Era

In the year 2099, there still exists versions of some heroes. Punisher 2099 is one you won't want to come across.

No Caption Provided

GREEN ARROW #38

Best Green Arrow Costume and Accessories

What happens when your caught in a bad situation and you don't have your costume or weapons? Hopefully you're friends with and friends with Hal Jordan, who happens to be wearing his Green Lantern Power Ring.

No Caption Provided

LEGENDARY STAR-LORD #7

Best Embrace

We often get some great moments where characters get the chance to simply hug each other. That's why hugs are so important. With Star-Lord and Kitty Pryde, they are the literal star-crossed lovers. Circumstances have finally allowed t them to come together instead of being light years apart.

No Caption Provided

LADY KILLER #1

Best Fight in a Kitchen

There's so many things that could be used in a kitchen fight. The art here are just phenomenal.

No Caption Provided

ACTION COMICS #38

Best Yell

Over the years, we've seen Superman yell out in frustration and pain. In this week's ACTION COMICS, he gets the chance to yell out while still sporting his super-beard.

No Caption Provided

THE UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL #1

Best Way to Possibly Defeat a Super-Villain

Squirrel Girl is supposed to be unbeatable, right? She manages to come up with ways to defeat the most ruthless supervillains around. When it comes to Kraven the Hunter, she has an interesting possible way to put a stop to his evil deeds.

No Caption Provided

That's one way to deal with him, right?

DEADLY CLASS #10

Best Reason Not to Try to Pass Gas in Someone's Face

Karma is one thing. Marcus had a late and rough night before having to work at his job at the comic shop. When one of the regulars keeps bugging him over and over on a promise he made, Marcus decides to cut one loose right in his face.

No Caption Provided

What do you think happens next? Perhaps the worst possible thing that could happen to Marcus.

No Caption Provided

It gets much worse after that. Much, much worse. Hopefully you can all learn a lesson from this.

Best Poll of the Week

Last week the poll dealt with seeing holidays depicted in comics and whether or not they should happen. You can check out the rest of the results HERE.

This week, let's just find out what you thought was the best Best Stuff this week.

(Note: if you get a "session expired" notice, refresh the page).

That's all I came up with this week. Let us know in the comments below what other Best Stuff you dug this past week. Thanks to @djfanco for his couple of suggestions. Big thanks to Katzman as well for his. If you want to participate or felt we missed some other Best Stuff, you can @reply me on Twitter at @GManFromHeck by Fridays using the hashtag #BestStuffInComics and I'll think you're pretty groovy.

Let us know what you think of this format. Answer the poll question. Be sure to always look for the best stuff and remember to never mess around when it comes to passing gas in pubic.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Sigh... I miss Hawkeye's old look. Maybe Lemire will bring it back in his run.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Fart lesson was definitely my favorite.

MikeGrier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever said:

yeah those purple knee high boots and tunic are pretty sick............

give me a break dude

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikegrier: C'mon, how can you not love that classic look? especially considering what he looks like now. Don't get me wrong, that look works for Matt Fraction's run, but after that he's just going to look like... well, I'd prefer not to actually type it, but you get the idea.

tximinoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikegrier: C'mon, how can you not love that classic look? especially considering what he looks like now. Don't get me wrong, that look works for Matt Fraction's run, but after that he's just going to look like... well, I'd prefer not to actually type it, but you get the idea.

I have mixed feelings about how he looks now. I like it but at the same time I miss the old costume. Does that make any sense?

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tximinoman: Believe it or not yes, I get what you mean.

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

I like Hawkeye as a character but I don't think I have ever liked any of his costumes. The current look is bland and really only looks good when David Aja draws it but I also don't like the purple Wolverine looking weird costume that he had originally. I don't really know how to fix it but between the two most famous archers, Green Arrow's Robin Hood costume is probably the best because his New 52 costume has the same problems that Hawkeye's current costume has. The only time I have liked the way it looks is when Andrea Sorrentino draws it.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever said:

yeah those purple knee high boots and tunic are pretty sick............

give me a break dude

Yeah, purple buccaneer boots and Marvel wings are the real dope... Just no. I can't take any hero seriously if his wearing purple fairy boots and dancing with a deadpool, oh wait never mind... :-)

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes! Glad to see Legendary Star-Lord finally make it into a "Best Stuff" post! I've really been enjoying the book, consistently. It was a sweet scene, & whaddaya know? According to a quiz I took on what my best comic book match would be, it would be Kitty Pryde! (Sue Storm was a runner up.) Didn't disagree with the results. And Kitty was always my favorite X-Girl. So like Pete, I guess I'd go for her too!

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I swear they're writing Chris Pratt now instead of Peter Quill.

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By WarDishy_

Love the chopsticks.

bladewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved the Green Arrow/Green Lantern team-up this week. I actually am enjoying the new direction quite a bit!

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked his look as well, but it was time for a change.

I picked Hawkeye cosplay I laughed so hard when I saw that panel, especially what happens right after.

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Great stuff! I picked Marcus' fart lesson. What? I'm not immature.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feartheliving: Normally I'm the guy who defends costume changes, but I just love his classic look so much that I can't help it. Plus like I said I associate that look so much with the current run I have trouble seeing it work with a new writer.

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Frank making sure he gets the kill!!!

galeme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By galeme

I miss the video feature even if this is also good to understand everything clearly if english is not your mother language like me.

I voted for Frank btw.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#20 owie  Moderator

I didn't realize you had switched this over to a text feature. I haven't really checked it out before and may start doing so now; I generally avoid video since you can't watch at work! :)

MikeGrier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

purple chucks for life man. also its the easiest cosplay ever. makes my con-going a lot more comfortable

fables87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

Is the voting thing new for this section? I like the idea e can vote now.

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RoboCop's kick is just insane! Oh my, it's true who would want to become a criminal if you're gonna deal with that.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

@fables87: I've been doing some random (and sometimes weird) poll each week. Usually based on something from week (like Superman and Lois "having a baby" in last week's INJUSTICE or a member of the Guardians of the Galaxy as Venom the week before). This week there wasn't anything that jumped out at me as poll-worthy so I just did it based on the selection. Perhaps I should've added an "other" category as well.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Since G-Man isn't really a fan of KitteyxQuill I'm surprised that hug made it in.

CitizenJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haha the Punisher is great. So ridonkulous lol.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#29  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

LOVE ALL OF THESE!!!!!!!

Love Kitty adn Quill together!!!

I was dying so hard from Squirrell girl and Deadly Class!

Nothing from ANtman?

$MoneyTeam$

ComicBloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Big Fan of the Kitty and Star-lord couple....

a0040pc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought that there would be something from Ant-Man. Maybe a mention about Ant-Man and Stature shrinking in size and using a phone like a cinema and sitting on a toy sofa.

Roninreviews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#32  Edited By Roninreviews

That Deadpool dressed as Hawkeye panel is defo one of the most awesome panels I've ever seen in a comic book.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

There is a lot to choose from. Superman's yell stood out but I'd say the kitchen fight ala Kill Bill in Lady Killer was particularly fun to read. Avon Ladies are evil creatures.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sweet

OUTBREAK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikegrier: Yea I like his new costume so much better, it's a lot less ridiculous

nihilance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I swear they're writing Chris Pratt now instead of Peter Quill.

You mean like how Tony Stark actually started having a personality once Robert Downey Jr put his spin on the character?

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Big Fan of the Kitty and Star-lord couple....

scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Frank making sure he gets the kill!!!

THIS! Frank's so darn bad*ss tossing grenades like candy for Halloween.