see above

Best : Introduction in the New 52

Worst : The period between Superfriends and New 52

who agrees ?

#2 Posted by batkevin74 (11129 posts) - - Show Bio

One of the best!

And in the top 10 of worst!

#3 Posted by BlackWind (7022 posts) - - Show Bio

Worst how? Low points of his life in general, or the way he was portrayed by writers?

Regardless, nothing will ever beat the reputation Superfriends gave Aquaman, and that was over 30 years ago.

#4 Posted by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman's best moments were the PAD years beginning with Atlantis chronicles and then continuing to Aquaman: Time and Tide and the PAD Aquaman series, his best and longest running by far. At the same time Aquaman was also a founding member of the Grant Morrison JLA, where he was written extremely well.

But the storyline that Geof Johns began in Blackest Night through Brightest Day and Flashpoint and finally to the New 52 is his best time period ever.

Aquaman became again one of the best characters in the DCU.

His worst period was the Super Friends era.

#5 Posted by Teerack (7362 posts) - - Show Bio

This is his best and worst moment.

#6 Posted by SmashBrawler (5978 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hiddensix said:

who agrees ?

I don't.

#7 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Pre New 52 Aquaman more than New 52 version.  
Mostly because the Pre New 52 version wasn't always trying to prove how "badass" he was.

#8 Posted by inferiorego (27697 posts) - - Show Bio

Best: Sub Diego/Lady of the Lake Story lines

Worst: Sword of Atlantis

Staff
#9 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

best

when he acts like a total badass

worst: when people think he is not a total badass and the lack of 4th wall breaking abilities impossibilitates Aquaman from teaching them better

but seriously, that moment in the JL animated series where he rips his hand off to save his son? dude, I'd like to see anyone else try being as badasss

#10 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

I like Pre New 52 Aquaman more than New 52 version. Mostly because the Pre New 52 version wasn't always trying to prove how "badass" he was.

I get what you mean. I feel like Johns is the one trying to prove how badass he is (and doing a damn good job),while in-universe Arthur really doesn't have much to prove. He just is badass, and they haven't mentioned the in-universe/metaversal disrespect shown in the first issue. At least not recently.

#11 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

#12 Posted by logy5000 (6057 posts) - - Show Bio

Bst moment? Can't think of one.

Worst moment? All of them.

#13 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000 said:

Bst moment? Can't think of one.

Worst moment? All of them.

And then superman fans cry because people bash supes without reading any of his comics

#14 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

What happened to Joseph Curry?

#15 Posted by BlackWind (7022 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite: You'd be surprised how many people think Aquaman was trying to be hardcore like Namor in the 90s. As if all the traumatising sh*t he went through didn't warrant a man to have some problems afterwards.

@Stormbox: Lol.

#16 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackWind: Ugh, I know all about that. So many Namor fans not getting that I liked Aquaman more because he wasn't a stuck up jerk. If anything the New 52 Aquaman is stealing form Namor's play book.

#17 Posted by BlackWind (7022 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite: If anything, Namor fans seem butthurt about Aquaman "copying" his theme. I always thought they were mad because no one knows Namor aside from dedicated readers.

#18 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackWind: Nah, it's just the usual "this character came first" thing that seems to get people.

Two characters aren't allowed to be similar at all in some people's eyes.

#19 Posted by logy5000 (6057 posts) - - Show Bio

@Stormbox: Lol I've read Aquaman comics. It's kinds hard to be a fan of a guy who is the supreme lord of a fish.

#20 Posted by batkevin74 (11129 posts) - - Show Bio

Good!

Bad!

#21 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74 said:

Bad!

please, oh please, tell me this is photoshopped!

#22 Posted by batkevin74 (11129 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy: It's real!