The Bare Bones Basic Powers Almost Every Hero Has..

lorbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lorbo

Given superhero feats in comic books, you have to assume these are the powers they have, albeit in varying degrees.

Impenetrable Skin: Soft to the touch but hardens when struck with extreme force, like a bullet for example. Knives could still go through because the force required is low.

Unbreakable or hard to break skeleton: The skeleton is extremely hard, which prevents broken bones from all the action superheroes endure daily.

Last this is my own take on a super hero version of the flight power set.

Limited Flight: One can fly but can't gain altitude. To gain altitude (height) they have to levitate.

Levitation: Simple ascending, yet you cannot fly at the same time, or risk stopping all the forward momentum flight entails. So yes you could rise upward quickly to get altitude, but if you wanna go anywhere but up you have to fly.

That's my take..I like it, and will include it as part of my OC's powers.

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@lorbo: You forgot enahcned strength and reaction speed.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

Pretty much every superhero has above average fighting skills, somehow. Like why can't someone super strong and powerful be a terrible fighter? That'd interest me.

lorbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By lorbo

@bronze_surfer:

Strength is over rated. Considering what superheroes do all the time, they don't even really need it. All they need is this:

Kinetic Proportional Force Punch: You should not be able to knock a car several feet with one punch but you can. Just like you can knock out a large section of a wall with a singe strike. How? Whenever you punch you send the proportional force needed to knock something back hard. Even though normally your punch would go through stuff were it not for this power.

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@lorbo: Does not matter since the topic is the most bare bones basic power almost all superheros have. Super Strength is given out like candy and is one of the first powers used by superheros.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Everyone and their grandmamas can heal at an accelerated rate

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Wolfrazer

Ressurection, cause just about every character comes back to life at some point even if they died. :P

Med

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

super human tactical prowess. a lot of superheroes can count the seconds until an attack they launched earlier strikes. not to mention the ability to remain perfectly calm in unnerving situations.

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Havenless

Over half the Avengers, and almost everyone on the Justice League has some form of enhanced strength/durability. That's the number 1 most common superpower. EVERY superhero team has at least 1 Hulk for every 4 or so characters. Thing, Colossus, Iron Man, Hulk, Red Hulk, Rockslide, Aquaman, Superman, Cyborg, Power Girl and on and on and on.

Second I would go flight. Iron Man, Ms. Marvel, Vision, Thor, War Machine, Wonder Man, Scarlet Witch, Wasp.... and that's just the Avengers!

Third would be energy projection... really you just need to go down the list of most useful Superman powers and you can see what was ripped off the most.