• 88 results
Avatar image for mistresssobeautiful
mistresssobeautiful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Poll The Avengers vs X-Men: Days of Future Past (150 votes)

The Avengers 40%
X-Men: Days of Future Past 59%

Which Crossover flick did you like more?

• 
cdiddyman911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Awww man.....why you do this to me?? I'm going to go with.....um....X-Men. I prefer X-Men over Avengers in comics in general and tbh they made Days of Future Past sooo good.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Jphu8414

X-Men by a slim margin

mistresssobeautiful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cdiddyman911: Lol, I just wanted to see everyone input on the two films. They both are great films that I enjoy, but I like The Avengers a little better.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By flameboy298

Lol Avengers was a great CMB film watching X-men DOFP again it wasn't special at all just another typical X-men Flick to me(Except the story just focused on different characters).

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I think both movies are a bit overrated, but if I had to pick one, it'd be The Avengers.

mistresssobeautiful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to go with Avengers just because it had more build up and it was something that 10 years ago many thought would never happen, and not only that, but they delivered a great film on top of it. DoFP is more emotional, no argument there. It is a great movie and in my top 5 CBMs as well, but The Avengers is just something special to me.

Rebel_Leader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going with The Avengers.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By flameboy298

I'm going to go with Avengers just because it had more build up and it was something that 10 years ago many thought would never happen, and not only that, but they delivered a great film on top of it. DoFP is more emotional, no argument there. It is a great movie and in my top 5 CBMs as well, but The Avengers is just something special to me.

+1

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-Men is so overrated, it is just sad. People just wank the crap out of those movies. Avengers was quite good to me.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DoFP

I3IO_HAZARD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers is like the definition of a popcorn flick

No emotional value or anything

G_leno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mistresssobeautiful said:

+1

+2

mistresssobeautiful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 the_stegman  Moderator

Avengers, upon repeat viewing, has lost its luster to me. The first half is boring, just a bunch of people arguing

Loki arguing with Thor

Loki arguing with Fury

Loki arguing with old man in France

Iron man arguing with Thor

Scarlet Widow bickering with Banner

Loki arguing with Scarlet Widow

All of the Avengers arguing with themselves.

Doesn't ACTUALLY get good until Banner Hulks out on the Hellicarrier.

DOFP however, after seeing it three times, still keeps my attention all the way through, and I have more of a connection to the mutants than I ever had with any of the Avengers.

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Avengers, upon repeat viewing, has lost its luster to me. The first half is boring, just a bunch of people arguing

Loki arguing with Thor

Loki arguing with Fury

DOFP however, after seeing it three times, still keeps my attention all the way through, and I have more of a connection to the mutants than I ever had with any of the Avengers.

One question, Who the heck is scarlet widow?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 the_stegman  Moderator

@the_stegman said:

Loki arguing with Thor

Loki arguing with Fury

It's what I call Scarlett Johansson's Black Widow, cause she acts nothing like comicbook Black Widow, she's just Scarlett Johansson in leather.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matthewparker said:

@the_stegman said:

Loki arguing with Thor

Loki arguing with Fury

It's what I call Scarlett Johansson's Black Widow, cause she acts nothing like comicbook Black Widow, she's just Scarlett Johansson in leather.

How does black widow act In the comics?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 the_stegman  Moderator

@those_eyes: She's not nearly as sarcastic or glib, most likely has something resembling a Russian accent (at least, that's how she sounds in my head) and doesn't take nearly as much time out to make witty remarks in the heat of battle.

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By 2chimcha3

I cant believe Xmen is winning this

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By those_eyes

@those_eyes: She's not nearly as sarcastic or glib, most likely has something resembling a Russian accent (at least, that's how she sounds in my head) and doesn't take nearly as much time out to make witty remarks in the heat of battle.

I'm not gonna lie I cringe hard every time black widow makes a comment in the heatof bbattle.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes don't you cringe when Mags says he tried to save JFK cause he was a mutant, or Logan survives drowning, or the very convenient serum that makes Xavier walk but takes away his powers, or Kitty can phase someone's conciousness through time?

TheBhramaBull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dimitridkatsis:

Off topic, but just curious, can Logan survive drowning? Why/ why not if he can/can't?

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebhramabull i only know his healing factor to the point his son Daken tried to kill him by drowning him, then Logan killed Daken that way, Tiger Shark almost killed him that way once, just correct me if i'm wrong.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@zhurong said:

X-Men is so overrated, it is just sad. People just wank the crap out of those movies. Avengers was quite good to me.

It's fine you didn't like X-Men DOFP, but don't insult people's opinions, films are subjective.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft said:

@zhurong said:

It's fine you didn't like X-Men DOFP, but don't insult people's opinions, films are subjective.

but....if someone didn't insult other peoples opinions and use the word "overrated" at least once how would you know you were really on the internet?? How would you know!?

TheBhramaBull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebhramabull i only know his healing factor to the point his son Daken tried to kill him by drowning him, then Logan killed Daken that way, Tiger Shark almost killed him that way once, just correct me if i'm wrong.

I honestly don't know, that's why I was asking, I'd heard you could only kill him by decapitating him then moving the head far away from the body.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By dimitridkatsis

@thebhramabull i suppose regenerating tissue isn't the same as surviving suffocation, as for the decapitation thing it probably doesn't work, i think i saw sabretooth's head somewhere talking sh?t also check out ultimate wolverine vs hulk.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes don't you cringe when Mags says he tried to save JFK cause he was a mutant, or Logan survives drowning, or the very convenient serum that makes Xavier walk but takes away his powers, or Kitty can phase someone's conciousness through time?

Sorry but those were less cringe worthy than scarlet widows crappy one liners.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Going with X-Men: Days of Future Past, but Avengers is still pretty great.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@cattlebattle: It's my civic duty as a Comic Vine citizen, I mustn't ignore comments such as these. Please, there's no need to call me an unsung hero... unless you want to! :)

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 the_stegman  Moderator

@dimitridkatsis said:

And really, those are plot flaws (if you can call them that) more than character flaws.

Is Xavier's magic "I can walk now" formula any more ridiculous than Banner's "I'm always angry" line that directly contradicts him hulking out earlier in the film? Is Kitty's time travel any more crazy than the aliens all shutting down "Independance Day" style by destroying the mothership? Is Wolverine surviving drowning worse than Scarlet Widow surviving the Hulk b*tch slapping her?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman:

Banner's "I'm always angry" line that directly contradicts him hulking out earlier in the film?

Banner was alluded to having gained control over the Hulk at end of The Incredible Hulk. The influence of Loki's scepter caused him to Hulk out, or that's at least what I assumed.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 the_stegman  Moderator

@the_stegman:

Banner's "I'm always angry" line that directly contradicts him hulking out earlier in the film?

Banner was alluded to having gained control over the Hulk at end of The Incredible Hulk. The influence of Loki's scepter caused him to Hulk out, or that's at least what I assumed.

Eh, I dunno, the way I saw it, him being injured triggered the transformation, I mean, they were all fine and the scepter's influence was waning by the time the attack started.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

@the_stegman:

Eh, I dunno, the way I saw it, him being injured triggered the transformation, I mean, they were all fine and the scepter's influence was waning by the time the attack started.

He was getting pissed while holding the scepter, so I kind of assumed it must had something to do with him Hulking out. I think it's influence combined with the sudden attack on the plane caused his "incident".

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 the_stegman  Moderator

@the_stegman said:

@wolverine08 said:

@the_stegman:

He was getting pissed while holding the scepter, so I kind of assumed it must had something to do with him Hulking out. I think it's influence combined with the sudden attack on the plane caused his "incident".

Yeah, but when the attack happened, he snapped out of it and put the scepter down, it seems its effects are temporary, as both Tony and Steve immediately snapped out of it too.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman you want character flaws? Xavier was NOTHING like he is, an alcoholic, junkie, hippie who doesn't want responsibility? Never, not when he was younger, teenager, child or even in the womb would he act like that.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

@the_stegman said:

@wolverine08 said:

@the_stegman:

Yeah, but when the attack happened, he snapped out of it and put the scepter down, it seems its effects are temporary, as both Tony and Steve immediately snapped out of it too.

I think they were going for the angle that the scepter was what influenced the Hulk out, but the kind of subliminally implied t...

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 the_stegman  Moderator

@the_stegman you want character flaws? Xavier was NOTHING like he is, an alcoholic, junkie, hippie who doesn't want responsibility? Never, not when he was younger, teenager, child or even in the womb would he act like that.

Um....that's because he just lost his freakin legs and the one person in his entire life that he actually cared for. He was in a dark place, but he got through it and became the Xavier we all know and love. Even before that tragedy in First Class he was shown to care deeply for mutantkind and tried to help anyone he could.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman So what are you saying that the plot flaws and the character flaws are connected and i can't point one cause of the other?

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By those_eyes

@those_eyes said:

@dimitridkatsis said:

And really, those are plot flaws (if you can call them that) more than character flaws.

Is Xavier's magic "I can walk now" formula any more ridiculous than Banner's "I'm always angry" line that directly contradicts him hulking out earlier in the film? Is Kitty's time travel any more crazy than the aliens all shutting down "Independance Day" style by destroying the mothership? Is Wolverine surviving drowning worse than Scarlet Widow surviving the Hulk b*tch slapping her?

Natasha Romanoff: I'm sorry... [takes off mask]

did I step on your moment?

I literally facepalmed and wanted to leave the theater when she said that. She is one of the best and worst part of the avengers. The best because she is eye candy but the worst when she opens her mouth.

Nothing in x men made me facepalm that hard. Not even the plot holes.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft said:

@cattlebattle: It's my civic duty as a Comic Vine citizen, I mustn't ignore comments such as these. Please, there's no need to call me an unsung hero... unless you want to! :)

I was actually planning to write a folk song about you.

C'mon man, In Avengers Loki has a stick that turns people evil when he touches them with it....that is like something 6 year olds do when playing on a play ground. They are comic book movies that shouldn't be questioned by their ridiculousness, but held by the merit of how well the overall film was

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers still

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle the JFK thing really made me cringe, first they say Mags killed him then he tried to save him then they don't mention it again. Don't get me wrong i liked the movie for what it was, cool action scenes, the best developed character was Mystique she really kicked a$$, but then doesn't kill Erik after what he did to her? And the government didn't keep going with some mutant registration act after Mags destroyed the white house? It should at least end with a cliffhanger, Wolverine waking up to a future where Apocalypse rules and the only guy he sees is Cable maybe? Sorry just the way i feel about it, i don't list this movie above X2.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

Days of Future Past. It had a better story, a better cast, and it was just an emotional movie. I just felt like I had more of a connection with everyone in DoFP than I did with The Avengers (and this is coming from someone who hated First Class). Plus DoFP, by having less jokes, was a lot funnier.

Not saying The Avengers was bad at all, it was great and is one of my favorite comic movies. But with more rewatches the flaws stick out a lot more. The same thing will probably happen with DoFP, but I don't think it'll be like Avengers.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers IMO. The build up was perfect plus it has all the avengers in one movie!

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 the_stegman  Moderator

Still X Men for me.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The movie that had a plot and the first 45 minutes werent so damn boring, even when they use a bunch of films to set the movie, they need the first 45 minutes to set the movie.

X Men.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Speaking of DoFP

Am I the only one who noticed that the second deaths of the future x men seemed more "violent"

Uncanny_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Avengers was better, but I really appreciate Days of Future Past doing it's best possible job for the complicated, near-impossible direction it took the franchise.